• Breaking News

    Saturday, June 27, 2020

    Apple Macbook I accidentally dropped my studio microphone on my MacBook and got this scratch on the outside. Is this fixable?

    Apple Macbook I accidentally dropped my studio microphone on my MacBook and got this scratch on the outside. Is this fixable?


    I accidentally dropped my studio microphone on my MacBook and got this scratch on the outside. Is this fixable?

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 07:00 PM PDT

    macOS Big Sur Hands-on First Look! The Future of ARM Macs (is not my video)

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 09:05 AM PDT

    Loving my 2017!

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 07:58 PM PDT

    Which 13" MBP should I get for college (mobile dev)

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 09:02 PM PDT

    Looking at a new MBP for college next year (taking computer science specifically mobile development) and I'm looking at these two configs:

    8th i5 1.4ghz / 16GB LPDDR3 RAM / 256 GB SSD for $1794 CAD (~1300 USD)

    or

    10th Feb i5 2.0ghz / 16GB LPDDR4X RAM / 512 GB SSD for $2269 (~1670 USD)

    Which would be the better buy for the next 5ish years?

    submitted by /u/ygtrece12
    [link] [comments]

    Black bars across my screen a year ago and it kept getting worse until I sent it to Apple repair. Heard this happens a lot to Macbook Pros because of wonky flexor cables. Tech said “unable to emulate the problem,” (what) did a system reset and sent it back to me.

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 10:46 PM PDT

    Is the Macbook Air i3 good for programming?

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 10:16 PM PDT

    I have a HP Pavilion x360 i5-8250U 8GB RAM and 1TB HDD 256 GB SSD. I have to choose between the HP and Macbook Air i3 base model that I'll be using for 4 years. I always wanted to learn Swift and build iOS apps hence why I'm having a confusion. So I ran a geekbench 5 test on my HP and I got a 797 Single core and a 2427 Multi Score. And the highest score of the Macbook Air is 1094 for single core and 2412 for multicore. Is the Macbook Air i3 good? I will be programming in Python, Java, Dart (mobile app development). Can I run a iOS and Android emulator smoothly on the Mac? Is there any upgrades I can give the Macbook after purchase to increase the performance for my purpose?

    submitted by /u/IFoundedApple
    [link] [comments]

    Are there any ways to charge this without a MacBook charger? I can't even find the right charger model for this :/

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 10:08 PM PDT

    Battery Life Post-SSD Replacement: Does it get better?

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 08:24 PM PDT

    Just recently upgraded my Early 2015 MBP SSD from the standard 128gb to a WD Black SN750 1tb. Extra storage space is great, but the battery drain is definitely noticeable (even on sleep!). I've seen every possible explanation on a thorough Google search (reindexing, SMC resets, "it is what it is", there is no power management support for 3rd party drives).

    My main question I guess is: does it get any better? From your own perspective and experience with the upgrade. Would like to be optimistic that my upgrade wasn't in vain, but eager to hear any anecdotes of similar problems and what the final outcome was. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/katphish456
    [link] [comments]

    Which MacBook is better for programming?

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 04:33 PM PDT

    I'm a CS student at university and I haven't done extensive programming yet but will get there.

    Currently I am using the late 2016 Model. It has a 2.9 GHz dual core Intel Core i5 processor and Intel Iris Graphics 550. The memory is 8GB and storage is 1TB. The 2020 one is 2.0 GHz quad core 10th gen Intel Core i5 processor with Intel Iris Plus Graphics, but for ~$180 I could upgrade to 2.3 GHz / i5. The memory is 8GB and storage is 1TB.

    My 2016 model right now has some display issues that I should get fixed. It's also had keyboard issues in the past that I got repaired.

    I don't know if it's worth it to buy a nearly $2k macbook again if the 2016 one isn't a big difference? If I trade this one in I'll get $550 off though.

    submitted by /u/liashay
    [link] [comments]

    8gb RAM vs 16gb RAM

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 05:15 AM PDT

    I'm buying a MacBook Pro 2020 but I'm not sure home much ram I should get. I'm a nursing student so I'm not using any heavy software and I'm not big on gaming. However I do tend to keep a lot of tabs open. I also just purchased an iPad Pro that I'll be using for note taking and studying. People are saying to get 16 because it'll last you in the long run. Help

    submitted by /u/blkkgoddess
    [link] [comments]

    Early 2011 MacBook Pro New Battery Fail

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 07:32 PM PDT

    I want to apologize before hand if I misspeak because I'm new to upgrading my old MacBook Pro. I upgraded the ram to 16GB and the HD to a new SSD. The old battery died so I bought a new one from ifixit. A week into using it the battery would drain after 30 minutes. A month later the battery wouldn't work at all. Even though it would say 100% as soon as you unplugged the MacBook it would die. I did a coconut battery test, it said 67% battery life. The battery was rated at 4591 mah full capacity(a 6800 mah rated battery). It had been through 22 full battery cycles but is rated for 1000. I have no issue buying a new battery but before I do I'm open to any suggestions. Someone told me it's a waste because the MacBook is old and the motherboard destroys the battery. Idk if that's true but I figured I'd throw that out there two. And help or suggestions is appreciated.

    submitted by /u/KavleasGR
    [link] [comments]

    I'd love to get this for my Macbook Pro

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 07:30 PM PDT

    How useful is the touchbar?

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 02:35 PM PDT

    I've been having a heck of time picking a new laptop. Thought I wanted the Surface Laptop 3, bought one on eBay but the order got cancelled. I took that at a sign and decided to go through the hell of indecisiveness again. MacBook Pro/Air or Surface Laptop 3.

    I was shopping at Costco today and came across their MacBook section. They had a Z model Air on sale for $949. It has 8gb of RAM, 256gb SSD, and the i5. I swooped it up, but not before playing with the touchbar on the MacBook Pro.

    All this to ask, is that feature worth the extra $150?

    submitted by /u/bafflingsteveo
    [link] [comments]

    Fan question

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 03:44 PM PDT

    Hello, so i never purchased in the oast a MacBook, i always had windows side laptops with high fan noises (i tried asus, huawei with amd, lenovo Ideapad s340 , even hp), i have from a week the macbook air i3 256gb and 8gb ram model it's s very silently! Even in light mode photo editing (using affinity). So how work here the heat system?. Oh I got the base model cause i have already a good gaming PC

    submitted by /u/MarcoStargate94
    [link] [comments]

    Preference Error - Screensaver

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 03:35 PM PDT

    I just downloaded a screensaver and when i try to open it. it says "preference Error - there was an error in desktop & screen saver preferences."

    Can anyone help? :((

    Macbook pro 13 (mid 2012) MacOs mojave 10.14

    The screensaver i downloaded was Fliqlo 1.8.3

    submitted by /u/skrrskrrABS
    [link] [comments]

    Base Macbook Pro 2020 vs Base Macbook Air with 16 GB Ram

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 11:31 AM PDT

    Hi Guys! I am replacing my Early 2015 Macbook Pro 8gb/128GB with either the Macbook Air 16GB/256GB or the dead stock Macbook Pro. If i plan to use the macbook for around 4-5 years like I have my current setup which would you guys recommend?

    submitted by /u/coffeedudeNnica
    [link] [comments]

    What is the difference between the 8GB and 16GB

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 02:21 PM PDT

    Im looking into buying a new MacBook Air and one of the selections is either 8GB or 16 GB's and I simply do not know the difference. I am buying this laptop for college so my main priority will be to have open multiple tabs at once be able to write essays and watch TV.

    Any insight would help! Trying to purchase today.

    submitted by /u/huskyfan2020
    [link] [comments]

    When is new MBP 16" coming out?

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 04:52 PM PDT

    Does anyone know when new MBP 16" gonna come out? Kinda bugs me to spend almost 3k on something that has only 9th generation processors

    submitted by /u/JamalNo
    [link] [comments]

    Can a MacBook Air webcam be hacked?

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 12:00 PM PDT

    Here's a little background info. I was on a text chat on Omegle (not a video chat.) and I ran into some weird people who seemed like hackers. I didn't click any links or give out any personal information. The green light for my webcam never turned on. However is there any other way really they could've jacked it?

    submitted by /u/anonomisboy1825
    [link] [comments]

    Should I download Goodnotes5 on my MacBook Pro?

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 09:43 AM PDT

    I have recently bought a 2020 MacBook Pro and I would like to know if I should download Good Notes 5 if I don't actually have an IPad to also use it with? I don't like any of the note taking apps like one note or even word so much for just note taking and prefer having all my docs for one subject in one folder. Does anyone have any recommendations?

    submitted by /u/IloveCATS4321
    [link] [comments]

    Need help looking for a monitor for 13inch Macbook Pro (2015 model)

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 09:38 AM PDT

    Hello all.

    I am looking for an external monitor for my MacBook pro.

    1. I am a student so I would use it to watch lectures, write notes, etc.
    2. I just want something that won't lag a lot and that can match the screen quality from the retina display.
    3. My budget is around $100-150 range.
    4. Preferably 24inch, maybe larger

    Also, how should I plug in my laptop into the monitor? I have a few HDMI cables laying around but I can look into getting a Mini display port if that is more suitable.

    Any recommendations would be highly appreciated. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/nigelthemonkey
    [link] [comments]

    Whats the point of MBP if the MBA has an i5?

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 08:44 AM PDT

    What are the reasons for choosing the entry level MBP with the 8th gen i5 if I can get the MBA with 10th gen i5 for around €230 cheaper.

    Hell I can even get the MBA with i5 and 16GB RAM for the exact same price as the entry level MBP.

    I prefer the looks of the MBP and thats the only thing, what are some other reasons one would choose the entry level MBP?

    submitted by /u/mybentleybroke
    [link] [comments]

    My 2017 13" Macbook Pro gets quite hot after 15-20 minutes of usage

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 07:39 AM PDT

    Hey guys!

    So my Macbook Pro 2017 13" Inch gets hot very easily. I've had it since November 2018 and use it 10-13 hours everyday. Do I use it too much?

    Also, when the Laptop is at 100% charged, I still leave the charger inside of it. Is that what's causing the issue? Do I put the charger in, even when its 100%?

    Or is there something else that's causing it to get very hot?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/DragonLair4
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel