• Breaking News

    Monday, June 22, 2020

    iPhone any way someone else is getting my texts?

    iPhone any way someone else is getting my texts?


    any way someone else is getting my texts?

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 06:45 PM PDT

    hi! I used to share an Apple ID with my dad but have recently gotten my own and am using the "family sharing" feature with him. I know that, before the switch, he was able to check my phone number on his and receive my texts. Now that I have my own Apple ID, is there any way he can still do this? I have an iPhone XR running iOS 13.5.1.

    submitted by /u/htimmr
    [link] [comments]

    SE (the old one) and 4G

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 11:59 PM PDT

    I got a network message today "Hi, you are in a 4G only area. You may not be able to make voice/emergency calls as your device is unable to make calls over 4G in this area."

    I don't understand. I'm routinely on 4G in my usual neighborhood. Would this be caused by my service provider or the SE phone?

    Any pointers or suggestions? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/P2X-555
    [link] [comments]

    30gigs of “other” help!

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 11:49 PM PDT

    i got an iphone xr running the lastest ios as of this time. recently my phone has been acting real buggy and slow. its so annoying, so i decided to delete stuff. almost all apps that didnt come with the phone are deleted, my photos take up 11gigs. Even when it came to deleting photos, the phone would bug out and do nothing, the photos would remain. (this gets fixed after i reset my phone but occurs randomly) my homies phone got less than 10gbs of "other" what should i do!!!

    submitted by /u/amarterasu_
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone overheated and now it's acting all weird

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 02:52 PM PDT

    What's up guy,

    I was outside working out and I put my phone on the grass for music and then it stopped cause a message came up saying that the iPhone was overheating. I immediately turned it off and put it back inside. Turned it back on maybe 20 minutes later and it started acting all crazy. I can barely type and things get clicked when I didn't even touch it. Does anyone know an easy fix to this?

    Update: It works fine sometimes and then I noticed that if I have my phone on for like 5 minutes, it starts acting up again. I spoke with Apple support and they think the battery is causing it problems but to me it seems like it's the screen acting up from when it overheated the first time.

    submitted by /u/CLee7
    [link] [comments]

    Iphone x is stuck in recovery mode/boot loop

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 10:12 PM PDT

    I bought an iPhone x from my brother after he had it in water for 2 hours. The screen didn't work so he took it in and got it replaced. The battery is also wonky and only lasts about 2.5 hours. I set it up as a new phone and put my sim card in. Fast forward 2 days and it just kind of shut off. I turned it back on no problem and continued. About 2 hours later it did the same thing, but this time it was in a boot loop with the apple logo flashing. A day later I connected it to my dad's macbook air and tried to get it to turn back on somehow. (Since I just got the phone I didn't have a backup of the data) Now, it won't get out of the screen with the macbook and charging cord on it. I don't have a warranty on it and apple probably won't fix it because it was taken apart to repair it. What should I do?

    Edit: Also the face Id won't recognize my face as a face when I try to register it

    submitted by /u/TVStatic417
    [link] [comments]

    2 iTunes folder with sane content

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 09:38 PM PDT

    I synced my iTunes with my phone and there are 2 folders with the same content on my phone. (Not in my Mac.) The only difference is one folder has a gradient background, one has a "settings" logo on it. Why? And how can I remove the folder with the settings logo?

    submitted by /u/dogloveratx
    [link] [comments]

    iTunes not syncing one large (24 GB) folder. Why?

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 09:36 PM PDT

    I was trying to sync my iTunes from my Mac with my 11Pro Max and it's not syncing the largest folder. It works on everything else. Largest file that synced was ~2 GB. Please help! I need those in my iTunes!

    submitted by /u/dogloveratx
    [link] [comments]

    Music player says “messages” after I reset it?

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 07:20 PM PDT

    So recently I reset my iphone 11 by doing erase all content and settings in the iPhone. After doing so I realized that when I opened up the message app and then pulled down the control center, the music player said "messages" and it has 15 second silent clip playing when I'm physically in the message app. Has anyone ever experienced this or know about what this could be? Any advice would be appreciated thank you. (Brand new iPhone I just purchased btw)

    submitted by /u/CommunicationPurple
    [link] [comments]

    Someone sent me a video to my iPhone and it’s blurry. How to fix?

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 05:59 PM PDT

    It says it's a QuickTime movie. I assume it was sent from an android. The preview is crystal clear but when I go to play it it's blurry. Is there an app or a way to make the video clear so I can see it better? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Chef-Papi
    [link] [comments]

    Main camera auto blurring photos

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 03:39 PM PDT

    Hey I just want to find out if this is an issue or a feature. I have an iPhone X running iOS 13.5.1. The issue that I have is that whenever I take a photo my phone automatically focuses on a certain spot and blurs the parts that it finds unimportant, I guess. For example, when I take full body photos the phone focuses on upper legs, body, and head, but from knees down it's blurred, which I find really cool, but the problem is that this happens even if I take photos of some texts written on paper. It focuses about 8/10 of the text but blurs the other 2/10 and makes it hard to read and untidy looking. I manage to fix this only by moving away from the object (for example paper) so the camera focuses the whole thing and then cropping the background. If this is a feature, is there any way around it or do I just have to go with it? And if it's a hardware or software error do you have any ideas on how to fix it? Thanks. P. S. I'll give you some examples in the comments

    submitted by /u/skeva031
    [link] [comments]

    Restored iPhone is disabled

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 10:08 AM PDT

    Phone details: iPhone 7, purchased in the US; carrier is Verizon. It's got iOS 13 running

    This was my old phone. I restored to factory settings some time ago thinking I might sell it, but instead I am trying to give it to a family member (my dad).

    Once the original factory reset was done, I got the white "Hello" page, thought that was good enough and out the phone in a drawer.

    Yesterday I pulled it out, charged it, and when trying to start the setup process with my dad realized that as soon as you hit the home button the phone started asking for a password.

    It does not accept either my passcode or my fingerprint, and it ended up disabled (wait for 5 minutes message).

    Following guides online I have been trying to restore through recovery mode. The process appears to be going - iTunes sees I'm in recovery mode and prompts me through downloading an update (to 13.5) and accepting EULA - but at some point it stops the process and the phone just goes right back to being disabled. It'll be plugged in and supposedly downloading the update, then iTunes drops the connection and the 'iPhone is disabled' message is back.

    I tried getting into DF(?) mode yesterday but wasn't successful.

    ETA: I've logged in to my Apple ID and reviewed all my devices, and it's not associated with my account at all. I've been the sole owner of the phone, so it wouldn't be anyone else's account or code (and my phone code has been the same for a decade).

    submitted by /u/sweetredthing
    [link] [comments]

    Desperate for iPhone XS Max recovery mode help. Really appreciated.

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 03:51 AM PDT

    Hello! I am have issues with my iPhone XS Max. It was purchased back in 2018 in the US. (I'm in Australia now)

    Out of nowhere today, my phone's screen went black and the white apple logo popped up. After a few seconds, the restore screen came on. Since then I have done some research and connected it to my laptop. It wasn't able to either to restore nor update the phone so I tried it with my iMac. I was given the aforementioned options and chose to update. Whilst downloading the update to iTunes on the computer (not yet installing it on the phone) the phone went back to normal and I was able to do a backup to iTunes. After about 30 minutes the phone yet again went to a black screen and the restore screen came back on.

    Since then I have tried to install the downloaded update unsuccessfully, then I tried to do the restore option and none of them have worked. I am getting error 4013. I have now updated my Macbook completely and I am downloading the update again.

    I have searched on the Apple help forums and here on reddit and I am not sure what to. It is currently still going between the apple logo and recovery screen now.

    I will go to the Apple store tomorrow and if all else fails I will have to buy a new phone regrettably. If there is someone who knows what is going on and can help me I would really appreciate it.

    submitted by /u/1991help1991
    [link] [comments]

    Problem with charging iPhone 7

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 01:24 PM PDT

    Recently got iPhone 7 refurbished from Chine, all accessories are no original. But I think that all of the parts inside of iPhone are original, except of speakers. So, when I try to use different qualitative cable with charger my iPhone starts to working unwell, home button pushes several times when I try to push only one time and problem with sensor. I found out that when I use different charger my iPhone takes 1.47 ampere, and with own charger iPhone takes 0.97 ampere and works as usual. What do you think, should I use own unoriginal charger or another one which gives 1.47 ampere to my iPhone? I think iPhone 7 should take not more 1 ampere. Just I didn't ever use any iPhones. Thank you all

    submitted by /u/Alibek7474
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone XR brightness changing randomly

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 07:15 AM PDT

    I have an iPhone XR with iOS 12.4, 2 years old. I don't have the brightness adjustment setting on (where it changes according to the brightness of the room) but my screen just dimmed. It wasn't gradual, like when you adjust the sliders, but "flicked" (that's the best way I can describe it) to a dimmer screen. As I'm typing this it just "flicked" back to its original brightness.

    I went into my settings and turned the auto brightness on and off. Because it's now back at it's brightest, I can't tell if that did anything, but I'm wondering if this is an issue or bug anyone else has experienced?

    submitted by /u/icanttattoo
    [link] [comments]

    Cannot save any kind of images (NScocoaerrordomain512)

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 11:55 AM PDT

    Hey everyone, so I just noticed this issue on my iPhone. I just tried to save an image from Google but I keep on receiving this error message: Cannot save image. The file could not be saved (NScocoaerrordomain512).

    Any ideas how to fix this? I couldn't find anything about this kind of issue on the internet.

    submitted by /u/KabootyYakushi
    [link] [comments]

    Update and iphone issues

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 11:17 AM PDT

    Posting on behalf on my girlfriend who is having the issues so details are a bit fuzzy.

    She went to go on facebook to send me a message when an option to update came up, she pressed update and it it came up saying it failed, and asked if she wanted to retry. she tried this a few times but it kept failing so she restarted her phoen (she was connected to wifi during all of this).

    She now cant turn her phone on and it keeps cycling between a blank screen and an apple logo in the middle. shes plugged it in to the wall to see if its a battery issue but she was adamant it had more than enough charge. ive told her to do the reset (up, down, hold button in) and it hasnt made a difference. any advise from anyone else with this problem?

    submitted by /u/splat_monkey
    [link] [comments]

    Clearing cached images from the app switcher?

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 11:06 AM PDT

    When I double tap my home button I see all open apps, with a preview of what's on them. But when the photos app is technically open but the phone had just been turned on, it displays a preview of an image that hasn't been on my phone in a long time, that I really don't want cached in my phone. How do I clear the app's cache of previews? Basically when I turn my iPhone on or when the photos app clears itself to save RAM in the background, it's showing me a preview of something I need off my phone, how do I fix this?

    iPhone 7, iOS 12

    submitted by /u/OXIOXIOXI
    [link] [comments]

    [HELP] RECOVERING A PERMANENTLY DELETED VIDEO:

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 06:06 AM PDT

    A few months ago I permanently deleted a video I took on my iPhone 7 and am just realizing now that I could use it. I've searched online for different recovery softwares but everything I've found seems like a scam based on what people have said in comment sections and whatnot. Does anyone know of a way I can recover permanently deleted photos/videos or have any recovery software suggestions that aren't scams? Is this even possible? Also I have an iPhone 7 purchased in 2016 running iOS 13.5.1 if that means anything. Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/avmac1098
    [link] [comments]

    Twitter lags!

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 05:34 AM PDT

    I'm using an iPhone XS running iOS 13.5.1 and I'm having this issue with twitter where it starts to lag so much that after clicking on some post there's a significant delay in opening that post. I deleted the app and reinstalled it, it works fine for a week or so but then the same above problem occurs.

    Is it happening with other devices as well and is there any solution to this?

    submitted by /u/Piyu_lavhe
    [link] [comments]

    [HELP] “Unable to share” error in photos app

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 04:09 AM PDT

    Hey guys, so I've been getting this error for a couple of days now when trying to share an image (AirDrop works, but I can't share it to a 3rd party app nor copy the image(s) or move them to Files) I've tried everything, signing in & out of icloud, turning on & off photos in icloud, disable LPM etc. etc. I did everything I could find on the internet but nothing seems to work. Any help would be highly appreciated!!

    I'm using an iPhone XS on iOS 13.5

    Screenshot

    submitted by /u/YUAGLY
    [link] [comments]

    icloud storage - very simple question

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 03:28 AM PDT

    hey there reddit! so im upgrading my phone and on my previous phone i am paying for 50GB of extra icloud storage. when i get my new phone, will that payment/extra storage be transferred over to my new phone, or will i have to buy it all over again? thank you!! :)

    submitted by /u/cthefish
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel