• Breaking News

    Saturday, June 20, 2020

    Apple Help What's the terrifying sound my 2015 Macbook is making?

    Apple Help What's the terrifying sound my 2015 Macbook is making?


    What's the terrifying sound my 2015 Macbook is making?

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 08:43 AM PDT

    i want to change the region to download something from app store that isn't available at mine, but i am on 50gb plan on icloud. so i am kinda worried will it be cancelled if i changed it, downloaded the app then changed it back to normal?

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 07:26 PM PDT

    Mac mail split screen pop up fixed by ditching it and switching to Outlook

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 07:50 PM PDT

    Not sure if anyone else has had to resort to similar measures but Mac mail popping up in split screen got so annoying that I've switched to Outlook. It's unfortunate because I quite liked Mac mail, but I can't justify using it when it opens in split screen in every full screen video I watch. I tried every possible fix I could find online and nothing worked.

    I posted about this issue previously here. It's clear that Apple knows about this issue and has no desire to fix it, despite it existing for years. Outlook has been working perfectly for me so I'm not looking back.

    Oh well, end rant.

    submitted by /u/hyperfroth
    [link] [comments]

    A random person keeps FaceTiming my mother.

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 04:39 PM PDT

    This has been going on for a few months. A random email keeps FaceTiming my mother and it's a man we have appropriately named "Needle D*#k." We will block the email and be good for a few days or weeks. Then a new email will start doing the same thing, same guy, same unimpressive needle.

    Is there a way to get this to stop other than making a new Apple ID and getting a new phone number?

    submitted by /u/what_irish
    [link] [comments]

    Messages / mail issue no messages showing up or mail

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 09:45 PM PDT

    Messages on icloud/gmail "not downloaded from server" any way to fix this? Its not showing any mail after I see the notification that I have received it.

    submitted by /u/DoggoTaps
    [link] [comments]

    Please help this is driving me crazy

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 09:41 PM PDT

    So if my phone is locked and the screen is off I get no notifications, visual or sound from anything other than a phone call. It's an iPhone 11 Pro Max. I've tried everything and all my settings are fine from what I can tell, I haven't changed anything from when I got the phone last year. I even tried a completely settings restore tonight and it's still not working. Does anyone here have any idea what's going on? I'm legit going crazy trying to figure this out...

    submitted by /u/Lezaris
    [link] [comments]

    Got redirected to this obvious malicious download, exited out immediately without clicking download, am I fine?

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 09:32 PM PDT

    iPad is locked out due to password change that was forgotten. Would the apple store handle a case like this? What can I do?

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 09:29 PM PDT

    Android user here. Earlier, my parents asked me to change their password on their iPad due to security reasons. I did and thought nothing of it. Now when they put in the password, it doesn't open the iPad. I think I might've fat-fingered a different number a different key or something but the iPad is locked on its 9th attempt. I read that on the 10 the data on the iPad gets wiped and locked. Is the apple store able to help in restoring the device? Is there something I can do? I tried to connect the iPad to my computer to back it up and restart it, but my computer is not detecting it. I am completely lost.

    submitted by /u/reddit_Lemur
    [link] [comments]

    Same Game Center in two different Apple ID’s?

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 09:20 PM PDT

    So if I use my Game Center on a different Apple ID. will that phone get access to things unrelated like pictures, saved passwords, credit cards, etc. ?

    submitted by /u/Uhhhhhyeayea
    [link] [comments]

    Magic Keyboard F10 F11 F12 Keys Not Working

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 09:13 PM PDT

    I just bought a magic keyboard first generation that is in great condition. I connected it to my MacBook Air 2015 through an external display (I don't know if that's relevant), and the keyboard works perfectly, however, I am unable to change the volume using the volume keys on the keyboard. The keyboard is wireless and has its mute button on F10, the volume down button on F11, and the volume up button on F12.

    Some things I noticed:

    I noticed that all the function keys are listed under system preferences > keyboard > shortcuts > keyboard except for F9 - F12 which are missing and not functioning unlike F1-F8.

    Another thing I noticed is that under system preferences > keyboard there is a checkbox that says "Use F1, F2, etc. keys as standard function keys. When this option is selected, press the Fn key to use the special features printed on each key." With this checked it seems that most of the Fn keys do not work except for F11 which then acts as mission control. With this unchecked, it seems that most of the Fn keys work except that the volume keys bring up the volume symbol on the screen with a "cancel" sign signifying that it does not work.

    Is there anything that I can do?

    submitted by /u/LevitatingSponge
    [link] [comments]

    Please help me with this error message I don't understand I've tried every method to make a bootable drive on windows and it won't work

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 05:23 PM PDT

    does wrist detection turn off activity tracking?

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 08:57 PM PDT

    I have found a problem where my phone doesnt get a notification sound, but my watch does. I later found out that when i turn off wrist detection on my watch, it somehow works for both devices. But i have been wondering, if I keep off wrist detection on my apple watch, does it still track my activity? Like, does it still fill my rings if I have it off?

    submitted by /u/TEENYcharmander
    [link] [comments]

    How to have the same Apple ID on two phones without one of the phones getting access to all the main phones stuff

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 08:51 PM PDT

    Basically I'm going to be letting my little brother use my Apple ID on his phone to play games I've bought before and all that. That's really the only connection I want. I don't want him to get my saved passwords. Or to sync my photos and all that. How can I prevent that or make that not possible on his phone? I just want the Apple ID on there. Nothing else like saved accounts and credit cards and pictures

    submitted by /u/Uhhhhhyeayea
    [link] [comments]

    Can't get MacBook to backup photos to iCloud

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 08:42 PM PDT

    Mojave 10.14.6. I have tried so many different things, even what Apple themselves says here. When I follow the instructions and turn on iCloud and iCloud photos (off and on several times even) it does absolutely nothing. All my photos from my iPhone and iPad are on my iCloud, but none at all from my MacBook. They just will not upload to iCloud from photos. I am completely at a loss here and of course live chat is no longer available on Apple's website.

    submitted by /u/e1ectricthunder
    [link] [comments]

    VLC Playback gets choppy when played over 4k Samsung TV

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 08:23 PM PDT

    I have a brand new Macbook Pro (2020, 10th gen. intel, 16 ram). VLC runs perfectly on the laptop screen, but when I hook it up to my 4k Samsung TV over a 4k 60hz compatible HDMI cable, it occasionally get a bit choppy. I'm not even trying to run 4k footage, just upscaled 1080p. I can't figure out what the problem is. I tried many tips already, deinterlacing on and off, skipping frames on and off, upping the local file cashing etc. I can't figure out what the problem is, is it the upscaling of the video? is it my CPU (it shouldn't be considering my new computer). I really hope someone has a tip for me I haven't tried yet. Thanks all!

    submitted by /u/A-5-Star-Man
    [link] [comments]

    My iPhone 11 Pro battery life is suddenly terrible

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 08:12 PM PDT

    The phone seems to be getting to 50% battery life and falling off a cliff to the sub 20% range. This has happened a few times now, sometimes with an app running in the background, sometimes not. The apps that have shown up have all been different. It still happened with the phone in airplane mode. Battery health is reporting at 100%. I've done a reset to factory (erase all content and settings) to no avail. I'm suspecting it started with the update to 13.5.1..any ideas?

    https://preview.redd.it/l0fm3eilk6651.png?width=295&format=png&auto=webp&s=7337a8f2428e94b2da5913bedcaac8244943c3de

    https://preview.redd.it/8qunfj8mk6651.png?width=295&format=png&auto=webp&s=def41bad4e7912434f5af2a86b00765463c78048

    submitted by /u/ChocoboandMoogle
    [link] [comments]

    Im trying to convert this song to mp3 to put it on a flash drive..Is there anyway around it or am i just screwed?

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 07:50 PM PDT

    Apple Watch hand-off to iPhone question

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 07:37 PM PDT

    Sometimes I take my LTE Apple Watch series 4 on a walk and leave my iPhone at home. I will start a music station using Siri on my watch.

    When I get home, I want to hand-off the music that I started on my watch, over to my iPhone so that I can stream it to my Apple TV.

    I can't seem to get this to work. I don't see the music app at the bottom of the app switcher on the iPhone. Can the watch hand-off to the iPhone?

    iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 13.5.1 Apple Watch S4 LTE WatchOS 6.2.6

    submitted by /u/Justin6512
    [link] [comments]

    Keyboard does not show up when Apple TV prompts phone to type - iPhone 8+ with Apple TV 4K

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 06:59 PM PDT

    does apple process orders over the weekend?

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 06:56 PM PDT

    I am just curious. Ordered a laptop and I need it urgently.

    submitted by /u/byakugxn
    [link] [comments]

    Recent experience with getting ghost touch fixed? [iPhone X]

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 06:31 PM PDT

    My phone has been progressively getting worse and worse ghost touch, usually when in direct sunlight. I believe Apple has a program to get this fixed for free within three years and I've scheduled an appointment next Saturday, with the return of the Apple Stores. Anything I should know going in?

    submitted by /u/Honest_Abez
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone know of a local independent Apple repair store in queens nyc?

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 06:00 PM PDT

    How to Access Time Capsule?

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 05:58 PM PDT

    First off, I know nothing of the Apple world. I won an iPad mini as a door price once but other than that I own no Apple devices.

    That said, I have a family member who's got an older iMac and older Time Capsule. She switched Internet providers a few months ago and the Time Capsule stopped working but never noticed it until now.

    I can see from the Time Capsule pic she sent me that that there are both LAN and WAN ports on the back of the appliance but I'm not sure whether the Time Capsule was handing out DHCP or not with the previous ISP.

    The house is using Spectrum Internet so more than likely the address space is 192.168.0.x/24. The iMac is already on the Spectrum WiFi. (I don't think they have a separate router from the Spectrum box.) If I just plug the Time Capsule into the cable modem and let it pull an IP address via DHCP will the iMac and Time Capsule be able to see each other?

    If I want the Time Capsule to work as a client only can I use a LAN port to connect it to the Spectrum modem/router? I don't necessarily want the Time Capsule to do DHCP or Double NAT or anything like that but I have no clue how to get in and check the settings/config.

    Pardon my ignorance and thank you in advance for your help! I appreciate and my family does too!

    submitted by /u/mistahclean123
    [link] [comments]

    It shows a notification on Software Update but there is no software update.

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 05:55 PM PDT

    So, when I go to Settings, on "Software Update," it shows a notification. I know that theres a new update for 10.15.5, but when I click on Software Update, it shows that I am up to date. It says that my Mac is up to date with macOS Catalina 10.15.4. My Mac is the MacBook Air 2017.

    submitted by /u/johnnymvpfnm
    [link] [comments]

    Can't wipe old iPhone bc AppleID has changed

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 02:00 PM PDT

    I pulled an iPhone 5 out of a drawer and figured I'd sell or recycle it, but first, it'd have to be wiped. I've changed my AppleID since then, so the ID it has is wrong. Starting with just plugging the thing into my mac and wiping it hit a roadblock: "disable Find My Phone" to continue. When I go to turn off Find My Phone, it requires me to enter my AppleID password, which fails bc my ID has changed. And I can't just delete the AppleID on the phone bc it also requires the password to do so. To add to the issue, under iCloud, it says I need to validate my login at an email address that's not (and to my knowledge, never) been associated with my AppleID, but that's what it says...

    Halp!

    submitted by /u/scott_joe
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel