• Breaking News

    Saturday, June 20, 2020

    Apple Macbook Did my first “refurbishing” MacBook video and put it up on YouTube. I need to get the lighting down better but I was pretty happy with it (:

    Apple Macbook Did my first “refurbishing” MacBook video and put it up on YouTube. I need to get the lighting down better but I was pretty happy with it (:


    Did my first “refurbishing” MacBook video and put it up on YouTube. I need to get the lighting down better but I was pretty happy with it (:

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 04:57 PM PDT

    Macbook Restarted un-expectedly

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 07:56 AM PDT

    Good practices and habits to maximize MacBook longitivtiy

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 05:32 PM PDT

    I recently made the jump as a lifelong Windows user to my first MacBook, a 2020 MBA i5. I used this sub and Mac to search general good usage practices, do's and don'ts, etc. I noticed there was some conflicting suggestions so I thoughts I'd ask some questions now that I have used my MBA for a week.

    1. I used to keep my Asus plugged in 24/7 when I got home from class. A few posters have commented that I should not be leaving the MacBook on a charger overnight or once it hits 100% and I have seen others who say they keep theirs plugged in for year. Which do I go with?
    2. I was aware of the cooling issue with the MBA before I bought it, but ultimate chose the MBA over the base MBP based on my usage. I don't do hard gaming, programing, video editing. I use "Macs fan control" to keep an eye on my temp and fan RPM. I have only hit the 90s twice, once with multiple tabs opened in FireFox and Safari and once when I had my external monitor and wireless mouse plugged in for a long period of time. That being said, I noticed my dongle (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WPTG7NX/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_U_x_iLQ7EbTW169XS) ran hot along with the faster power usage. Is this normal for more third party dongles to expect it to warm up and it to start drawing more power from the MacBook?
    3. if #2 isn't the norm, should I bite the bullet and invest in an original Apple adapter? (USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter) Does this adapter draw power from the MacBook?
    4. I bought a keyboard cover mainly because I feel like my fingers leave oil stains, but does the MacBook need a screen protecter as well like an iPhone or iPad?
    5. Any other tips or suggestions to maximize my MacBooks performance, power, body, etc over time. I want to get a solid 5-7 years out of this laptop.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/aptl23
    [link] [comments]

    Need Help to decide

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 10:50 PM PDT

    I ordered macbook air i5 16gb with 512gb storage but was stolen/lost during shipping, they are planning to send a new one but will take a long time again. Got frustrated since i already been waiting for it for a month so i cancelled it.

    So now i'm thinking to buy macbook pro instead and undecided if i should upgrade the RAM? I'm a Nursing student and mostly just doing some web research, watching movies, youtube and taking notes. I also wanted to transfer my pictures from my gopro and phone to laptop or external hard drive. Is 8gb okay? And i can use external harddrive in macbook pro right? I wanted to use if for a couple of years. Is th 1799 would be worth it? Or i'm just gonna waste my money to the spec that im not going to use? Thanks

    submitted by /u/Snoo21253
    [link] [comments]

    Do I need a new MacBook?

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 08:33 PM PDT

    I currently have a 2012 MacBook Pro. I've had it since like November/December 2013. So it's pretty old

    It's been pretty good but I have noticed it's gotten slower lately but it really wasn't much to think about. It's had some other issues but I'm not particularly tech savvy so it could have been some weird futzing around

    Then last week , my hinge which had been a little loose just completely gave out. I took it to a repair shop - and got it back Thursday.

    While the hinge is fixed -the battery is completely fucked. It won't hold a charge so I have to keep it plugged in - even if I leave plugged in it won't go above 2 percent

    And somehow the internet is even slower than before to the point that it's painful.

    I haven't taken it back to the shop because I really cannot be without my laptop for another like 5 days. They ran some diagnostic stuff on it - I don't know what but I thought it wouldn't hurt

    I hadn't been thinking of getting a new computer until this issue arose but now I'm really frustrated with how slow it is. Should I try taking it in to the Apple Store first instead ? Or should I just get a new one

    Edit: Cost isn't a huge issue. Obviously getting the laptop repaired again will probably cost a good bit and I already spent $75 for the hinge. I don't know if it's worth spending more money to get it repaired.

    submitted by /u/SamScoopCooper
    [link] [comments]

    Touch ID Issues on Catalina 10.15.5

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 06:55 PM PDT

    Hey guys, is anyone of you having issues with touch ID after updating to 10.15.5? Mine suddenly won't read my fingerprint at all. When I did a restart/SMC reset it deleted my stored fingerprint and when I try to add a new one it keeps on saying "fingerprint limit reached." I also did a clean install and it would work fine until I restart my mac again. My macbook is T2 equipped fyi. My worry is that this might already be a hardware issue?

    submitted by /u/curious_beluga
    [link] [comments]

    How do you clean Macbook keyboard?

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 12:25 PM PDT

    I have a 16 inch macbook pro. Is it safe to use disinfectant wipes to wipe down the keyboard and trackpad and use a cloth to try it after?

    submitted by /u/funnel_out
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook with missing screw still covered by apples repair program?

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 04:04 PM PDT

    Bought a used macbook pro 2016 13inch a bit more than a year ago. It was in pretty great condition but was missing one of the bottom shell screws. Since it worked great and i got it at quite a good bargain i didnt think of it being a big issue. Few days back though my macbook started having the flexgate issues where display doesnt appear if the display is angled more than 45 degrees.

    Now am not in the states and there is only one official apple repair store in my city so i wanted to know if this still comes under their repair program since its previously been opened?

    Tldr: is Apples free repair program void if a macbook has previously been opened and missing a screw?

    submitted by /u/djkk16
    [link] [comments]

    Mac update (no free storage)

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 09:03 AM PDT

    Hey y'all im trying to update my Mac book to the latest version but I need 4 more extra Gb to make the update. I am new to Macs just wanted to ask if I delete some apps/documents I dont need so I can do the update can I download them back again later? or the storage will be full because of the update?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/LetsGetiIt1000
    [link] [comments]

    Is this a good price for a used MacBook Air?

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 02:30 PM PDT

    I am looking to buy a used MacBook Air from someone on Facebook. He says it's in great shape and it appears to be. It's from 2014. I managed to talk him down to $400.

    It's the 13" model 1.4ghz Intel Core i5 4gb ram

    Does this seem like a fair price? And what would I be missing compared to a MacBook Pro?

    submitted by /u/asopoz
    [link] [comments]

    SOLVED! MacBook Pro 16" + External Monitor = High Temperatures and Loud Fans. Here is the FIX!

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 01:13 PM PDT

    Shell for MacBook Pro A2289

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 06:22 AM PDT

    Hi, anyone know of a good shell for MacBook Pro 2020 touch bar A2289 13 inch, can't seem to find any.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/admkr
    [link] [comments]

    Do I need to buy AppleCare?

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 12:15 PM PDT

    I'm going to be a freshman at college this fall and I was going to buy a new MBA, but I wasn't sure if I needed AppleCare. I hope to use it for the entirety of college and this is my first time being a MacBook, so I was wondering how durable they were and if AppleCare was worth the cost.

    submitted by /u/lolznyan
    [link] [comments]

    Rough to the touch asymmetrical loudspeakers on the right

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 10:53 AM PDT

    [any idea how to fix this? The right loudspeaker grid has the 90% of the top part in a different texture, it's rough and looks different, as if they stopped smoothing it in that part..

    Cloth? Alcohol? Sandpaper?? Ahha I guess not the latter one I know I'll most likely have to get a new one if I can't get over it but It's even more noticeable in reality than in pics, much more. And I don't really feel like challenging my ocds(not using it loosely) with a 3000eu MacBook...it should just be symmetrical!! It's distracting to me.

    I still can give it back within the 15 days..but I already did for another much worse body defect lol..it had literally a dent and the bottom panel was scewed in in a...wrong way, whatever, my point is wtf Apple really isn't what it was I guess. But having to restore etc is annoying.

    So in the remote chance anybody has an idea I'm asking here, thanks for reading:)](https://imgur.com/gallery/zPxheZZ)

    submitted by /u/sakikiki
    [link] [comments]

    MBP in clamshell mode - How do I make it wake up the external monitor?

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 06:49 AM PDT

    I have a MBP (Catalina 10.15.5) with a USB-C hub. The hub currently has the following plugged in:

    • USB-C power in
    • Audio out
    • Ethernet
    • External monitor via HDMI

    I have a Logitech keyboard and mouse. When I go to wake the MBP from sleep by pressing a key on the keyboard, the MBP wakes up, but the external monitor doesn't wake. I have to unplug/plug the USB-C hub and then the monitor wakes up.

    Is there a setting that I'm missing?

    Thank you

    submitted by /u/NealJ777
    [link] [comments]

    MBA vs. MBP for Analytics

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 10:12 AM PDT

    Hey all. I haven't had a MacBook since 2011, which was a hand-me-down and I was in college so mostly took notes on it.

    I'm looking to replace my current Surface tablet with a MacBook but not sure if the Pro is needed for what I'll be doing, so looking for your wise guidance.

    I'll be doing a lot of analytics on it - Microsoft Excel formulas and VBA, as well as R/R studio statistics. Data set will range from a few hundred data points to thousands. Would the Air suffice with this? I don't mind a slight lag, but I would mind if it takes 5+ minutes to process a formula or compute the R code.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/purplejackets
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Pro 2020 Inconsistent Charging

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 10:01 AM PDT

    I recently purchased a 2020 MacBook Pro and have had issues with it charging while plugged in. Occasionally when it's plugged in it will stop charging all together. The laptop recognizes that it is connected to a power source but will refuse to charge or use wall power.

    Resetting the SMC temporarily fixes the issue but it happens so often that I seem to be resetting the SMC every single day. I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue and knows how I can fix it?

    submitted by /u/MrAtomicDuck
    [link] [comments]

    Weird bump on MacBook Air! (Hasn’t been dropped or cracked) works just fine had for about just less than two years.

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 05:55 AM PDT

    Battery Use

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 03:07 AM PDT

    I use my laptop unplugged until it gets to 20%, then charge it up and repeat. Is this healthy?

    submitted by /u/kieranluke626
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel