• Breaking News

    Monday, January 13, 2020

    macOS Why is this and other random photos greyed out in the Safari upload pane? They're fully downloaded in Photos and otherwise accessible.

    macOS Why is this and other random photos greyed out in the Safari upload pane? They're fully downloaded in Photos and otherwise accessible.


    Why is this and other random photos greyed out in the Safari upload pane? They're fully downloaded in Photos and otherwise accessible.

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 06:13 PM PST

    Buying a new MacBook Pro: 15.4" with Mojave, or new 16" with only-Catalina?

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 09:10 PM PST

    Hello. As the title states I've been considering a new MacBook Pro to replace my 2010 model, which has been slowly dying for some time. I initially bought the new 16" model, only to take it home and discover the horror that is OS Catalina: virtually all of my programs were rendered unusable. Through much trial and error I found that the 16" is not capable of running Mojave whatsoever.

    So now I'm looking at the 15.4" mid-2019 model, which apparently still ships with Mojave. Mostly I'd like to do video editing as well as Photoshop/Illustrator. My question is this: should I keep the 16" and accept Catalina as the inevitable future of Macs (and replace all my old obsolete programs), or should I go with the 15.4" simply to have a relatively new MacBook Pro able to run Mojave?

    Thank you for your time and consideration.

    submitted by /u/half-giant
    [link] [comments]

    Best way to use Sidecar

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 11:15 AM PST

    As usual, it's via the wire.

    I bought a dirt cheap USB-C adapter, snapped it on my standard lightning cable, temporarily disabled WiFi on my iPad, connected it to my Mac, and now Sidecar works perfectly with no disconnects whatsoever.

    It has also improved my overall WiFi speeds as I noticed Sidecar sucks up a huge amount of bandwidth when used wirelessly which made everyone in my house pissed.

    Running this on my 2015 iPad Pro with zero issues now.

    submitted by /u/rasbobbbb
    [link] [comments]

    macOS shows that my monitor has 5K resolution though it's a 4K display

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 11:42 PM PST

    Mojave blocking all app connections after a random time.

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 08:08 PM PST

    Hi there,

    Recently I updated my 2017 Macbook Pro OS from Sierra to Mojave and have come across an issue regarding app connectivity. I tend to keep my Macbook Pro on or in sleep mode a lot so I can always continue where I left off. However, I've noticed that if I do not reboot my Mac every few days, after an unspecified and unspecific amount of time, it will begin completely blocking most of my apps from connecting to servers. Apps that it blocks include Adobe CC, Discord, Steam, and anything else that has to communicate with the internet or an external server except for web browsers. I don't know why it's happening, but it's been consistent over the past month like clockwork. The only way to stop this from happening is to do a full shut-down/restart of the computer. After which all my apps will be able to connect again, but it will do this again after a random time. This was never an issue when I was in Sierra and is currently happening as I write this.

    Why is this happening and is there a way to stop this?

    submitted by /u/Sparky-Man
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to roll back to iTunes in Catalina?

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 03:23 PM PST

    The Music app in Catalina has an incredibly infuriating bug which will (hopefully) get patched sometime, but right now I'm just not using it cos it maakes using the app a pain.

    Whenever you are in the album art view and enter an album to view the track list, after exiting that album you're skipped back to the very top of the library, losing your place.

    For some this might seem like a minor inconvenience but for me it makes the app incredibly frustrating to use especially if you're trying to build playlists.

    Has anyone found a way to stop this from happening? And if not, is it possible to roll back to iTunes?

    submitted by /u/James_Fucking_Holden
    [link] [comments]

    Reinstall from recovery, pkdownloaderror 8...

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 09:47 PM PST

    I accidentally nuked my osx partition, I know I'm an idiot, anyway I'm trying to reinstall from recovery and it gets to installing Catalina and errors out with a pkdownloaderror error 8. I've totally erased the drive, no change. It's wired into my gigabit internet so that's not an issue. Been banging my head against this for hours does anyone know what causes this?!

    Edit: it's on a 2018 Macbook pro

    submitted by /u/Taliosfalcon
    [link] [comments]

    Can't play videos without restarting.

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 07:34 PM PST

    I've been having this problem for a while now. Half of the time when I'm watching Youtube or Stan in safari, the videos aren't able to play and then I have to restart my computer to fix it. But of course that's only a temporary fix. This is on a 2018 MacBook Air on Catalina btw.

    submitted by /u/MaxXxertron
    [link] [comments]

    macOS Cloud Backup Application

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 01:25 AM PST

    Does anyone know of a good macOS offsite/cloud backup solution? I've been using Arq for years now but the "enforce budget" task slows my Mac down so I can't do anything, this process takes ages and I always quit it so I can never enforce the budget I configured.

    I don't want to use Backblaze either since the restore process is super cumbersome; I don't want to login to a web interface, enter my password and only be able to restore a few files or get a hard drive delivered.

    I want my data to be encrypted locally and ideally stored on a storage solution I can manage like with Arq but I wouldn't mind a service like Backblaze with a better way to restore things.

    submitted by /u/p3wpewp3w
    [link] [comments]

    I Need Help With Formatting My Mac SSD

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 04:40 PM PST

    Hello 👋🏿, I need some help with formatting my Macbook SSD. I'm trying to install Photoshop on my machine, but I keep getting the error code P22. On the Photoshop help forum, it says it's because Photoshop can't install on a case sensitive drive. My Mac in the APFS (Case-sensitive format). I've tried erasing and reformatting my Mac to Mac Journal, but upon restoring my files from time machine, it's gone back to the previous format. Would do you think is going wrong? 😭 https://i.imgur.com/MCICayO.jpg

    submitted by /u/Evsiie
    [link] [comments]

    MacOS Catalina forgets/resets wallpaper

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 02:57 AM PST

    I am using MacOS Catalina 10.15.2 and use several spaces. When I reboot my computer, MacOS has forgotten/reset my wallpaper for most of the screens. I am using two external monitors with USBC->Displayport converters. Are more people having this issue? This is quite annoying...

    submitted by /u/osi314
    [link] [comments]

    'Reminders' options are unavailable after IOS 13 update. Any solutions?

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 12:05 PM PST

    MacOS not letting me sign into iCloud and keeps popping up with an error despite entering correct password

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 12:16 PM PST

    Hey guys. Recently, after whenever I log into my MacOS, an error window pops up saying to enter my iCloud password. I haven't changed anything, but it just keeps asking. I'll click cancel and I can login and use my Mac just fine, but it's just annoying that this popup keeps happening when I haven't done anything different and want it to go away. If I go into my iCloud from my settings, the only options are to sign out or "enter password to continue using iCloud." I thought maybe there was a weird issue, so I go through the process of changing my password through the browser and I can change it that way.

    But on my OS, it'll keep asking for my new password or that I can't sign in. I'll go back into apple>system pref> icloud> then enter my password, and then it pops up with THIS image asking for a verification code from my "approved devices." Under iCloud, it has my phone and emails/secondary emails as secondary ids and approved devices, but it won't send this verification code to any of those sources. It'll only give me the option to send a text or email code through the browser if I change my pw that way, which I did, but when updating pw through system preferences, it immediately asks for that verification code but no way to get it since it doesn't send it anywhere.

    If I click cancel on that code screen, it'll then ask me if I want to keep some things (like other icloud passwords) or delete them from my mac. Then it'll ask if I want to delete iCloud entirely deleting whatever login passwords associated, that's my only option, either log into icloud, or delete it from my mac. So my follow up question is if I delete iCloud from my Mac, can I still login with my password? I honestly don't use iCloud for anything. I have an Android phone, don't use itunes, I don't use anything apple provides except my Mac, nothing is linked. I just assumed iCloud was the main thing the AppleID uses to login.

    I have OS X Yosemite and MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014). Thanks for any help!

    submitted by /u/rnf1985
    [link] [comments]

    Installing MacOS

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 07:24 PM PST

    Recently picked up a used/broken MacBook pro 2012. Installed a new screen and put an SSD into the machine. However can someone let me know where and how to create a bootable media for it. Been unsuccessful so far.

    submitted by /u/ajscrilla
    [link] [comments]

    Downgrading new Mac OS?

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 05:47 PM PST

    I just purchased a new 2019 iMac. I get it this coming Tuesday. It's going to come with Catalina. I have Mojave on an external hard drive. Would it be possible to downgrade the brand new iMac to Mojave?

    It's a fusion HD. Not sure if it has a T2 chip or not.

    submitted by /u/hambone_bowler
    [link] [comments]

    Need help trying to fix this, already tried to fix using the suggestions from internet but, got no results.

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 09:58 AM PST

    What can you use on a Mac to download YouTube videos?

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 03:52 PM PST

    [Catalina] How to resize/refit dynamic wall paper for ultra wide display?

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 03:10 PM PST

    I just upgraded to Catalina, and it's really bugging me how this beautiful wallpaper is shifted too far up vertically on my 21:9 ultra wide monitor. I'd rather have the stock .heic dynamic file placed approximately like this. the standard dynamic version shifted down, like this. Any suggestions on how to adjust this? I can add a new .heic file if necessary, but I'd rather just move things a bit if possible.

    submitted by /u/Rasta_Platypus
    [link] [comments]

    Can’t install Xcode on 64GB usb

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 06:57 AM PST

    I am trying to install Xcode to a usb that has 64GB of storage using the Xcode11.3 xip file. While expanding it takes up the whole usb stick and stops the install. What is causing this and how do I fix it as Xcode I had read only takes up 20 gbs of storage

    submitted by /u/ZXX3N
    [link] [comments]

    No airdrop iOS to MacOS. Mac to Mac & iOS to iOS ok.

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 12:36 PM PST

    I have a variety of devices; iPhone X (13.3), iPad Air (12.4.4), 2011 Mac Mini (10.14.6), 2009 MacBook Pro (10.11.6), & i7 3770k Hackintosh (10.14.6). Everything is updated to the latest OS available for the machine. All are signed into my iCloud and otherwise work perfectly. My network is Ubiquiti USG and AP-AC-Pro

    I can Airdrop from any of my MacOS devices to other MacOS devices. I can Airdrop between all of my, and other family member's iOS devices. However, I cannot airdrop MacOS to iOS or vice versa.

    I've tried reboots, signing in and out of iCloud, resetting network preferences. This happens whether I am connected to my UniFi home network, or disconnected from the SSID completely, which makes me think it's not related to my network.

    Any idea why this would be? Thanks!

    EDIT: I just found this on Apple Support website:

    Each Mac was introduced in 2012 or later (excluding the 2012 Mac Pro) and is using OS X Yosemite or later. To find out, choose Apple menu  > About This Mac.

    This has certainly got to be my problem. Thanks for the help y'all!

    submitted by /u/hoffsta
    [link] [comments]

    Mapping the D-Pad as keyboard input

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 07:57 AM PST

    I got a Steelseries Nimbus here and I'm using Joystick mapper to play certain games, but I've noticed that it doesn't register the d-pad as an input. Are there any programs for MacOS (Sierra) that I can use to map it?

    submitted by /u/Streakdreniline
    [link] [comments]

    Having trouble transferring files over network

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 10:29 AM PST

    I am trying to transfer a single large file (50gb) over to my NAS server and it is giving me this error.

    https://imgur.com/a/5gyAB9C

    It says I need more free space to send but I have more than enough than the amount it recommends. My server also has 5TB+ free space. What is the fix for this?

    I also must mention that smaller files work just fine. I think the cutoff is around 30gb where it will sometimes work.

    submitted by /u/daballer2005
    [link] [comments]

    [Help] External hard drive ends up in limbo after sleep

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 10:07 AM PST

    I am on a 13-inch 2018 MacBook Pro running macOS Catalina 10.15.2. I have an external hard disk drive from WD, Model "My Passport for Mac". It connects directly via USB Micro-B on the hard disk side to a USB-C in the MacBook, no hub or adaptor in the middle.

    It all works well, until the system goes into full sleep or stand-by (meaning I do not wake up the system instantly once the screen turns black). Then, the hard drive still seems connected (icons on the desktop or in Finder), however all partitions show up as empty. No read or write operations are possible. Ejecting is not possible without force ejecting. Reconnecting the drive solves the problem.

    I feel like the hard drive does not receive enough power to properly wake up after a system sleep phase. I have two external hard drives of the same model (the second one with a regular USB connector which has to be hooked up via an USB-C adaptor. Both drives are not connected at the same time.

    Any hints regarding troubleshooting or how to solve this matter?

    Cross-posted to r/applehelp and r/osx

    submitted by /u/Cumulonimbus24
    [link] [comments]

    App store completely not working for macOS Catalina

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 03:59 AM PST

    Hi,

    I recently installed Catalina and the first issue I faced was the App store staying blank and then my cursor turned into the loading animation and the app stops responding, I tried deleting the app store cache, changing the date, restarting and PRAM reset but still nothing is working. Did anyone here experience the same issue?

    submitted by /u/Sulaiman_the_dank
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel