• Breaking News

    Monday, January 13, 2020

    Apple TV I just bought an Apple TV 4K. Why is the “best” video format available only 1080p HDR? Could it be because of the old HDMI cable I am using?

    Apple TV I just bought an Apple TV 4K. Why is the “best” video format available only 1080p HDR? Could it be because of the old HDMI cable I am using?


    I just bought an Apple TV 4K. Why is the “best” video format available only 1080p HDR? Could it be because of the old HDMI cable I am using?

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 01:41 PM PST

    Apple TV Universal Search Selectively Displaying Netflix Movies?

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 02:16 AM PST

    Last night I went to search for John Wick 3, knowing that it was free on Netflix UK, using the Siri search and the only results for "ways to watch" was to rent it from the iTunes Store, not play it from Netflix.

    However, when I went to search for John Wick 2 using the universal search it displayed "Watch in Netflix" straight away?

    Is this a bug?/Shady Apple showing preferred results?/Fixable?

    One of the main reasons I bought it was to search across multiple apps to find the best deal possible!

    Unit = Brand New Apple TV 4K, Region= United Kingdom

    submitted by /u/jon0149
    [link] [comments]

    Is anyone else having delay with Twitch App? (Official one)

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 09:05 PM PST

    When I'm looking my favorite streamers, I always have like 15/20sec of delay compare to my Twitch on PC... Wasn't the case with Twitchy at all! Do you guys have the same issue?

    Still regretting my Twitchy App! A lot of features are missing now...

    submitted by /u/TabiZzFR
    [link] [comments]

    Is anyone else having issues with FoxNow and Fox Sports Go?

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 05:48 PM PST

    FoxNow and Fox Sports Go on 4th generation Apple TV keeps crashing. This started happening about a month ago. Once it crashes, it will not reopen. Quitting the app does nothing, resetting ATV does nothing, factory reset on ATV does nothing, The only workaround is to delete the app, and reinstall (activate). ATV is on the latest update. 13.3 The apps last about 35 min before it crashes again and it gets old real fast. It is getting to the point I am about to give up on the apps.

    I have sent in 3 separate support tickets to Fox Support, but never got a response.

    *I know there was a post from back in April, but has been closed and no fix was mentioned.

    submitted by /u/redwng1
    [link] [comments]

    Weird bug with Airplay

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 08:15 PM PST

    When I try streaming content from certain sites (via iPhone airplay) the content shows for a split second and then disappears. The only way I can solve it is closing the phone screen as soon as the ATV starts streaming. It wont work if I close it too soon or too late, only for a split second when the ATV start airing.

    Sometimes just pausing with the ATV remote stops the stream all together.

    It's not happening with every site, and I find it very un-apple like, usually their execution is spot on.

    Anyone with similar issues? Any way of fixing It (tried both Safari and Chrome)

    Thanks in advance :)

    submitted by /u/iChrist
    [link] [comments]

    Issues with signing in to HBO GO with Apple TV 4K

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 05:44 PM PST

    Whenever I try to log in it tells me to log in on my phone or computer as well and I do so and nothing pops up nothing happens at all. Anyone know a fix?

    submitted by /u/nickcallright
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else noticing that watched shows become unwatched shows after a computer restart. It can be very frustrating when I’m rewatching shows from my Apple TV library.

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 04:19 PM PST

    Apple TV Discord

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 03:22 PM PST

    A small community that need members, that love and want to talk about Apple TV and Apple TV+!

    Warning This Is A Small Community and needs your help to grow it.

    ATV Discord; https://discord.gg/MBT6GMj

    submitted by /u/StrangerThingsMike
    [link] [comments]

    Photos App on Apple TV

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 07:11 AM PST

    Is there a way to keep Shared Albums turned on and iCloud photos turned off ...all while requiring a password if a diff user tried to turn the iCloud photos on ?

    Seems like anyone could turn on the Apple TV and just change iCloud photos to "on" and then have access to all of your photos.

    submitted by /u/my_username25
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV + in Roku

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 09:10 AM PST

    I bought a Roku 4K and I downloaded the Apple TV + app, I have an Apple TV 4th generation as well, and the hbo go tv shows that I'm watching syncs in my Apple TV 4th generation but not in the Apple TV + app in Roku. And can't see "continue watching" hbo go shows in the APTV+ app in Roku

    Do you know if there's a restriction or something why this happen?

    submitted by /u/rubedomx
    [link] [comments]

    Any further news on Up Next making a return?

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 04:39 AM PST

    I remember a few months back, Apple said they would be bringing back Up Next for people who didn't want the ATV+ ads. I think they said "We're working on putting it in by the end of the year". Well, it's now mid-january, and we've been updated to 13.3, but there's still no sign of Up Next.

    Has anyone heard anything more about this?

    submitted by /u/capt-chris
    [link] [comments]

    This Fall its Likely There will be a New ATV

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 03:02 PM PST

    A lot of tv's and soundbars are being released with HDMI 2.1 support which enables enhanced ARC plus Broadcom has released a SOC for android tv that has HDMI 2.1 support. Vizio has this across the board in 2020 models. So in 2021 this may be most common for all new sets.

    This will not be much of an issue 8k wise for most people because there's no 8k media BUT the enhanced ARC feature will help bury lipsync issues on home theater systems and that IS an issue for a lot of users based on posts here and else where not just with ATV. HDMI 2.1 also supports variable refresh rate technology and Dynamic HDR and is a huge upgrade for audio with much higher throughput.

    eARC

    This, imo, means new set top boxes from Apple and I'm betting this gives Roku a reason to create a new box with Dolbyvision support and hdmi 2.1 also.

    The recent Nvidia reset misses out on hdmi 2.1 (because its really the exact same box with tweaked software and a new remote) and based on their hardware refresh schedule it'll be another two years before they release one supporting it.

    An example in a recent thread here where a user solved their sync issue using eARC.

    New cable certification for 8k hdmi 2.1

    This is of course just an opinion so we'll have to wait and see this fall. As the leading device though it's my bet that Apple will want to keep up with other hardware advances.

    submitted by /u/BiffBiffkenson
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel