• Breaking News

    Monday, January 20, 2020

    macOS I recreated the DVD screensaver!

    macOS I recreated the DVD screensaver!


    I recreated the DVD screensaver!

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 08:02 PM PST

    "Pages" Crashes a lot on macOS Catalina Lately. (Is it just me?)

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 04:04 PM PST

    I use specifically a 2018 13 inch MacBook Pro.

    Is anyone else here experiencing crashes in Pages?

    submitted by /u/MyWriterSide
    [link] [comments]

    LG UltraFine 5K doesn't wake up

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 08:46 AM PST

    So I have a MacBook Pro 16-inch (10.15.2) and LG UltraFine 5K (3.06,1,13, 5237,3.04,0.1e) display. The display does NOT wake up when I wake up the laptop. It happens randomly but very often like 70%. I have to unplug and then plug the thunderbolt 3 cable in order to wake the display up. Very annoying `apple feature`...

    Any ideas about how to solve this game ?

    submitted by /u/cooperivan
    [link] [comments]

    Can someone help

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 11:23 PM PST

    I'm upgrading to an ssd in my brothers 2015 MacBook Air, I purchased a sata m.2 2280 and adaptor to install in my place of the previous drive, gone through the whole steps to get it running but the folder question mark comes up. I can boot using the sata drive in an external casing connected via USB, but not when actually in the computer? Am I using the wrong adaptor or is there smething I'm missing?? Plz help

    submitted by /u/Dos9191
    [link] [comments]

    I am using Carbon Copy Cloner with MacOS Catalina. Why doesn’t the amount of GB used on my external HD match the GB used on my Macintosh HD if it's a clone of it?

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 07:29 PM PST

    I have MacOS Catalina, and use CCC to clone the Macintosh HD to an external hard drive. Both my Macintosh HD and my External HD are 499.76 GB. I am only using 106 GB out of the 499.76 on my Macintosh HD but when I clone it to the external HD, it says that there is 400 GB out of the 499.76 GB being used on the external. There is nothing else on my external except for the clone of the Macintosh HD. I would therefore expect the external HD to be the same and have 106 GB used? is this correct?

    submitted by /u/peri_5xg
    [link] [comments]

    iPad orientation on Sidecar. Anyone find any solutions?

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 05:58 PM PST

    HDR in macOS Catalina

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 11:05 PM PST

    Hi, I was wondering if it's possible to enable HDR on a monitor that has HDR10 support, but it's not the Pro Display XDR in macOS Catalina? Normally (in Windows) the monitor shows an icon in the corner when HDR is in use. This does not happen in macOS. Have tried to stream some Apple TV+ show, but i'm not sure if it is HDR content. I got supported hardware.

    Side questions: Does VLC in macOS support HDR? It's supported at Windows at least.

    submitted by /u/DiFronzo
    [link] [comments]

    New user, what apps

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 09:21 PM PST

    I am a new Mac-user and know how tours it. I am curious what applications everyone would recommend?

    submitted by /u/exoduso
    [link] [comments]

    Upgrade To Catalina Breaks Desktop In Finder

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 09:15 PM PST

    So I just finished upgrading to Catalina on my iMac, right after the upgrade if I click on "Desktop" in the Finder, it states it cannot find the Alias "Desktop" and gives the options to delete, assign or ok.

    I try to assign it the alias under the user folder, however, the icon is a blank white icon and it's selection is greyed out. I've tried so many methods online that could be possibly related:

    -Made a new alias, it won't let me assign it, nor can I select or delete the original

    -Desktop is not associated with iCloud

    -Reassigned admin permissions to user account

    -Checked in safe mode (issue happens there)

    -Removed desktop from finder and re-added (same issue, sometimes it adds up to 3 at once).

    -Deleted com.apple.finder.plist, still persists.

    -CMD+Shift+D does not open the desktop folder, nor if I click on it from the Go menu.

    Basically to this computer, "desktop" does not exist. I'm sure theres some other things I tried, basically anything I could find related as this exact issue has little to no answers online.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated

    submitted by /u/KITPUNK
    [link] [comments]

    Any Workarounds to Make VP9 Codec Work on Safari for 4k YouTube?

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 07:55 PM PST

    Made the switch to Safari from Chrome on MacOS and generally have really loved the smoother experience as well as integration with iOS. But I do wish YouTube videos could display at better quality than 1080p. Anyone know of a workaround or plugin that allows Safari to play VP9 codecs that would allow this?

    submitted by /u/YoungKeys
    [link] [comments]

    Keeping smb mounts connected when switching between wired and wifi in Catalina

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 11:15 AM PST

    I'm pretty sure that in pre-Catalina macOS releases smb mounts would stay connected when switching from a wired to a wifi connection on the same network. However, I'm seeing the mounts be completely disconnected if there's no open files on them. The "disconnected" dialog doesn't even show. Are there any workarounds for this? I had tried using autofs, but that caused huge numbers of duplicate mounts that eventually hung the system.

    submitted by /u/deviantintegral
    [link] [comments]

    Having issues printing from MacOS

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 01:13 PM PST

    I've got an HP LaserJet M402dn and I cannot seem to reliably print from MacOS with it. Both macbooks when we try to print it gets a memory error, reboots, and gives me this error code in the web interface. Code 20.0000 - Insufficient Print Memory.

    I've got this thing on the latest firmware that is available and the macbooks are a late 2011 Macbook Pro running I believe high sierra and then a last gen Macbook Air running Catalina. The thing is though I can print off of it all day with my windows PC and I never have a single issue with it. Only within MacOS and I've tried multiple different ways of setting it up like manually adding it within system preferences or within HP's own tool to set it up. Any input would be great as it's driving my wife and I nuts.

    submitted by /u/Superspyi
    [link] [comments]

    Can’t get sidecar feature to work — help!

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 08:06 AM PST

    Hey all, hope you can suggest something for me... I'm trying to use my iPad Pro as a second display for my latest model iMac. Both have the latest software but when I click the airplay icon on my Mac, all I see are my two Apple TVs, not my iPad. There aren't many settings to play around with so I'm out of ideas.

    Both devices are on same network with Bluetooth/WiFi turned on.

    submitted by /u/hollaa01
    [link] [comments]

    Photo app MsgBox meaning

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 10:02 AM PST

    Photo app MsgBox meaning

    On macOS Catalina 10.15.2 running on a MacBook Pro 13 Mid 2012 in the Photo app watching Library/Photo/[Day || Month || Year && !All] i'm seeing this in the bottom of the main panel.

    Initially i'm thinking about he is running photoanalysysd (that analyze photo) so i renice the process with -20 ("sudo renice -20 -p [processid]") but this is not accelerating this status bar.

    Anyone know what is this? If yes what can i do to quick this task?

    https://preview.redd.it/bkcifu99xrb41.png?width=450&format=png&auto=webp&s=fef1b118ee834717bed5e104c058210a212c1714

    submitted by /u/vikthor_95
    [link] [comments]

    iTunes library to Music on a new Mac

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 05:21 AM PST

    The new MacBook I bought came with Catalina installed and I can't use my iTunes library with it. I have tried opening my iTunes library on my external drive, the playlists is there but only some of the music! Albums that are in the artist folder on the drive is still there but Music ignores them, and the artists and albums Music does show is not read from my usb-drive but from the cloud.

    I simply want to import my iTunes library to Music and have Music play MY files. I want my playlists, ratings and files to be handled and work as it did in iTunes, please help me do that. The iTunes library is on a usb-drive.

    I'ts been weeks since I last enjoyed music as usual via iTunes!

    I'm a apple music subscriber if that could play a part in it.

    submitted by /u/jimspecter
    [link] [comments]

    How to add a book to ipad after catalina update without losing all my other books?

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 10:34 AM PST

    Can't believe I'm even having to start a thread about this, I have over 300 books on my Ipad and now after the new Catalina update I want to add a couple more. I of course deleted the books from my laptop after I put them on my Ipad as they don't need to be on my laptop taking up space. Now when I want to add a book I have to sync my ipad again? And I get the message "

    "Are you sure you want to remove existing music, movies, TV shows, and books from this iPad and sync with this library?

    Music, movies, TV shows, and books synced to "Steve's iPad" from other libraries will be removed and items will be synced from this library."

    Is this some dumb glitch or something? You mean to tell me that if I agree to the sync I'll lose all my books? And I can never add another book to my Ipad if I don't sync? Thats like $5,000 worth of books...

    I'm sure there's some easy solution to this...Hope someone can help.

    submitted by /u/IveGotMySources
    [link] [comments]

    Incredible slow upload to iCloud

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 10:52 AM PST

    I just upgraded my iCloud storage and started to upload the stuff I want to backup. But the speed of the upload is ridiculously slow (seems to be alternating between 10-200 kB/s). And I do have fibre with a upload speed around 940 Mb/s!

    It must be something wrong or is just Apple capping the upload!?

    submitted by /u/paddan66
    [link] [comments]

    My Macbook don't keep the charge

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 06:54 AM PST

    Hi, Since a week or two my MacBook don't keep the charge ... if I leave it full charge before going to sleep, the next morning my Mac is at 8% ...

    I did all the update, I check in the energy consumption in Activity Monitor, I ran Cleaner, Malwarebytes and Clean my Mac ... nothing help...

    For info : Macbook 2017, 10.15.2

    submitted by /u/thibe5
    [link] [comments]

    Adobe CC 2020 has a truck tonne of issues in Catalina (10.15 public beta)

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 02:31 AM PST

    10 hours on the line with Adobe - still no fix - I've now been referred to a Senior Engineer... I'm guessing you might have a similar tale or two...

    Mid 2019 MacBook Pro with 16GB ram. Brilliantly I'd forgotten I was still enrolled in public beta programme! Have now come off that.

    Key Issues:

    (1) photoshop CC 2020 crashes on opening (at splash screen). Error message: PS has a disk permissions error.

    (2) InDesign 2020 crashes on opening (just as seems to have successfully loaded). ID has a different error message (text and screen grabs to follow).

    (3) Adobe uses something called Bomgar, a virtual support app, which crashes on load,

    Total CC uninstall, clean and reinstall in root user didn't fix. Adobe has done this step 3 times. Deleting all fonts with issues didn't fix. Wiping preferences didn't fix. Giving full disk access didn't fix. Strangely Photoshop 2019 works fine. As did some older versions of CC but all have been wiped by Adobe.

    Head in hands here 😜 Can anyone help?

    submitted by /u/levitatelondon
    [link] [comments]

    change "replace all" settings when moving/copying files?

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 08:04 AM PST

    I moved a few files I already had from a USB to my Mac, and when the prompt asking whether I want to keep the new or old files of that name, I clicked on "apply for all subsequent files" or w/e it's called. Therefore, I'm not given the option to choose anymore when transferring other files - where can I change those settings? I tried google but I genuinely couldn't find anything, didn't even know how to phrase it to begin with.

    submitted by /u/Lovehoundess
    [link] [comments]

    Im using Irish female Siri on phone and macOS but sound different.

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 07:56 AM PST

    iPhone siri is natural and smooth. on iOS 12.4

    macOS siri is robotic and not nice to listen to. on Mojave 10.14.6

    both are Irish female .

    ive had it set to this voice for months on macOS. why is it still not downloaded? what can be done about this?

    submitted by /u/RenaQina
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel