• Breaking News

    Sunday, January 19, 2020

    macOS Aspyr Updates the Sims 2 Super Collection to 64-bit for Catalina

    macOS Aspyr Updates the Sims 2 Super Collection to 64-bit for Catalina


    Aspyr Updates the Sims 2 Super Collection to 64-bit for Catalina

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 02:31 PM PST

    Catalina constantly “forgets” unlock with Apple Watch

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 01:30 PM PST

    My iMac 5K running the latest macOS Catalina constantly forgets the unlock with Apple Watch feature. I have to constantly enable it by re-checking the checkbox and restarting my Apple Watch. But the next day it doesn't work anymore.

    Strangely enough, it works perfectly find and stable on my 12" MacBook Retina running the same version of macOS Catalina.

    Any idea how to fix this on my 27" iMac 5K?

    submitted by /u/Rivanov
    [link] [comments]

    “This item is temporarily unavailable. Try again later” after entering Apple ID and password when trying to install Mac OS X Lion

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 08:21 PM PST

    I bought a June 2011 Mac mini (A1347 Desktop MC270LL/A) from EBay for around 95$, and at the first installation, everything worked perfectly (Important note: I initially skipped the Apple ID sign for later, or it never appeared in the first place). After leaving the Mac OS idle for a few minutes, it automatically locked me out and asked to enter a password that I never made, to log back in the only profile that was present.

    Since I couldn't log back in (I tried every possible password, but nothing worked), I've decided to erase the hard drive and begin a total reinstallation like I did the first time. (Now if I didn't go into recovery mode, that would appear is a folder with a question mark, appearing and disappearing every few seconds) When I booted into recovery mode and selected "Reinstall Mac OS X", it brought me to Mac OS X Lion, and asked for my Apple ID. After many attempts to log in, I've changed my password to a shorter length to help me pass the process (For some reason, it kept saying incorrect despite writing the password correctly). After I entered my new password, the only message that now shows is "This item is temporarily unavailable. Try again later."

    After looking around a bit, I noticed a few things

    One of the solutions mentioned frequently is by using the login credentials of the first person who installed OS X Lion, but no such info came in the box so this is impossible.

    Lion is no longer being supported/sold since October 2014 (September 2015 from iTunes)

    Creating a new Apple ID does not change the outcome.

    For some reason, I can't log in on iCloud while I'm in Safari (In recovery - "Get Help Online" option) as it only shows a white screen. The reason I mention this is that people say you can solve the issue of reinstalling Mac by logging in your iCloud in recovery, but this option is not working for me.

    If I try to download Yosemite, or any other free Mac OS X version, the system will say not enough free disk space is available (Obviously since it's in recovery mode)

    What is my best option at this point? Should I visit an Apple store for technical support or is it defective and deserves to be returned to sender for a refund?

    edit: previously forgot to mention the folder with question mark appearing if I don't boot into recovery mode/utilities.

    submitted by /u/PikaDERPed
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to configure the dock to require a double-click to open items? Or replace the dock?

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 11:42 AM PST

    I have coordination problems. As a result I often click the wrong places, even after stripping unneeded apps from the dock. I would have an easier time if I could either configure the dock to require double-clicks, or replace it with something where I can require double-clicks.

    I can't find any appropriate options under System Preferences > Dock or > Accessibility in Mojave. Because of software compatibility and accessibility issues, I can't switch to Catalina.

    submitted by /u/Ananiujitha
    [link] [comments]

    Two questions about Books

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 05:32 PM PST

    I have recently started using the default Books application on macos Catalina and a couple of things have really been bothering me.

    1) I switch from virtual desktop to virtual desktop a lot in my regular work flow. I usually have Firefox open in one, my music in another, excel spreadsheet in a third etc. I then three-finger slide from one to the other. Anyway, the Books app will follow me from desktop to desktop, which is incredibly annoying. Books is the only application I have used that does this. I can't figure out how to make it stop, does anyone have any suggestions?

    2) When I copy-paste something from Books it always has an annoying "Excerpt From" annotation which I then have to delete. Which is pretty annoying when googling for something. I have done a little research on it doesn't look like an easy fix but if someone knows of one it would really help me out.

    Are there simple fixes for these or should I just find a better e-reading application?

    submitted by /u/hell0uthere
    [link] [comments]

    ACPI error

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 01:44 PM PST

    When I try booting from a linux usb I get this acpi error:

    ACPI Error: Needed type REFERENCE, found Interger

    ACPI Error: AE_OPERAND_TYPE while resolving operands for OpcodeName unavailable

    Things I have tried:

    Resetting NVRAM and SMC

    Reinstalling MacOS

    Reinstalling linux on usb drive.

    submitted by /u/paber123
    [link] [comments]

    Upgrade hdd

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 11:57 AM PST

    How much will Apple charge to upgrade the hdd in a 2017 21.5 iMac with 8gigs of ram i5 the hdd is a 1tb 5400rpm and also what's the maximum hard drive I can upgrade to and will a laptop 7200rpm hard drive work faster

    submitted by /u/psp-man
    [link] [comments]

    Why the hell doesn't MacOS correctly/quickly update free space when I delete something?

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 11:54 AM PST

    I've noticed in Catalina (and even before with Mojave) that when you delete something, Finder doesn't update your free space calculation. Or it takes minutes/hours to update. What's going on?

    submitted by /u/autisticlettuce
    [link] [comments]

    Safe To Upgrade To Catalina Yet?

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 09:44 AM PST

    I haven't been able to keep up on all the patch and bug fix news.

    Has Apple finally sorted this out yet?

    submitted by /u/ShadowDancer11
    [link] [comments]

    middle-click?

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 11:07 AM PST

    Is middle-click not a thing anymore? they just shut off all access to the hardware?

    edit: talking about physical mice here

    submitted by /u/GodHandCooper
    [link] [comments]

    Invisible NTFS Hard Drives

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 05:42 AM PST

    So there are two disk of mine who are read almost perfectly by my mac (exFAT), but I've been struggling to connect 'foreign' disks - they are simply not visible both in Desktop and Disk Utility. They are seen in System Report though. These are mostly NTFS ones, though I think I have problems with friends' exFAT disks too. The thing is that they ARE visible in Safe Mode. I've already cleared my login items and reset NVRAM. It didn't help. What else can I do?

    submitted by /u/PluBoy
    [link] [comments]

    Messages not showing up after Catalina update

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 09:21 AM PST

    MBP 2019 Catalina 10.15.1 won't detect Apple monitor

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 09:05 AM PST

    I am having a problem with my 2019 MBP connecting to my Apple 27' monitor. I try to connect via USBC to Thunderbolt and nothing displays. When connected and trying to 'detect monitor' in Display Settings, no monitor is detected. The monitor does work because I can use it with my old MBP running Sierra. I have booted in safe mode to no avail, as suggested after researching online. I have also seen people enabling a display driver in Screen Recording in Privacy to fix the issue, however, there is no display driver option for me to select.

    If anyone has an idea of what to do I would appreciate the help! Thank you.

    submitted by /u/EminentPHILguy
    [link] [comments]

    [Help] finder don’t load iPhone info

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 09:03 AM PST

    How to securely wipe hard drive (APFS)?

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 09:02 AM PST

    I'm on Catalina and the hard drive (not SSD) use APFS. In Disk Utility, the Security Options-button is missing whenever I press Erase on the hard drive. I can erase the disk, but that's it. I'm assuming the disk is not securely overwritten with data. Also done in recovery mode.

    After some Google search, the DoYourData app seems fit for the task. I've installed it, but the free version doesn't include disk wipe.

    Another search result suggest I can use terminal to convert back to HFS+ and then maybe the Security Options-button is back in Disk Utility. I haven't tested this, it seems like a hassle and results are not guaranteed.

    Anyone know about an easy and free way to securely wipe a disk?

    submitted by /u/isiatu
    [link] [comments]

    Need urgent help!

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 02:45 AM PST

    Let me know if this is the wrong sub for this!!

    MacBook Pro (mid-2010), a bit slow sometimes but otherwise still a solid laptop

    Last night it started to freeze/beachball after 10 mins of usage. I would force restart it, it would work, then it would beachball again after 5 mins. This repeated a few more times before I let it rest. This morning it started again, and after 1 or 2 restarts, the bar under the Apple logo will load VERY slowly and then at the end it just shuts off. I tried to Restore it, but it suddenly said my disk was filled on disk utility, despite me really having 300+gb left. I decided to erase my hard drive so I could reinstall OS X

    PLEASE help me reinstall El Capitan/fix my computer!!

    submitted by /u/chelbell_1
    [link] [comments]

    Sleep wake issue with Mojave USB

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 08:07 AM PST

    After upgrading my 2017 iMac to 10.14.6 I am seeing sleep / wake issues with USB, if the computer goes to sleep on waking the keyboard comes back to life repeating keys. I have to pull the USB plug and re-insert it to get it to work correctly, I have been able to reproduce this on another keyboard so it's not a hardware issue with the keyboard and the same thing happens when I use a USB-C to USB hub... so its not a USB port issue.

    I reported this to Apple... but no traction yet.

    Has anyone else seen this behavior?

    submitted by /u/guymadison42
    [link] [comments]

    lost sound through 2010 macbook pro's speakers- headphones work fine

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 07:49 AM PST

    all that's shown in the audio settings is a digital out. laptop speakers no longer work, audio icon in the taskbar is greyed out, but headphones work. and volume control buttons on the keyboard don't work either- the big icon flashes on thescreen when i raise or lower or mute, but nothing happens to the audio. seems like a driver issue, what could cause that?

    submitted by /u/I_SUCK__AMA
    [link] [comments]

    Recommendations for duplicate finder please

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 07:02 AM PST

    Can anyone recommend a user friendly duplicate file finder. Happy to pay for one, it just needs to work and be quick to use, don't want to have to submit a query and come back later type of thing!

    submitted by /u/Nun-Taken
    [link] [comments]

    eoshostd and biometrickitd connecting to external IP's

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 03:07 AM PST

    I installed Vallum firewall because I'm having issues with the native firewall on my mac. I accepted connections to eoshostd and biometrickitd processes and became curious as to what they were. According to this post and this post they're used by internal network interfaces for touch ID and the touchbar implementation. Fair enough, but then I noticed that both eoshostd and biometrickitd were connected to external IP addresses which made me a little concerned since the first post mentioned that theses processes

    almost certainly won't be bridged with any external facing interfaces

    eoshostd connected to 77.54.95.73 which is an IP for Vodafone in Portugal which I thought was strange and biometrickitd connected to 106.0.63.46 which is an ISP in Bangladesh.

    Just wondering if this is normal activity or whether it's something I should be worried about? I wasn't using the app store or using ID at the time which can trigger these processes, I was just browsing the web.

    submitted by /u/liftvooooooyyyzzzzzz
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel