• Breaking News

    Saturday, January 11, 2020

    macOS Apple Music has some great deals

    macOS Apple Music has some great deals


    Apple Music has some great deals

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 04:17 PM PST

    how can I remove that camera icon from there ? even though I'm not using any site that uses my camera.

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 07:30 AM PST

    Make apps out of websites (Fluid, Unite, Coherence, Nativefier, etc.). What's the reason for doing this?

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 08:58 PM PST

    What kind of benefit do I get out of using software like Fluid or Unite, to make apps out of websites, instead of just using the website in a browser tab?

    submitted by /u/mraehtmai
    [link] [comments]

    Moved an important folder from 'Relocated Files' after Catalina upgrade, some confusion

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 04:37 PM PST

    Greetings all,

    I have an older Macbook model here, recently upgraded to Catalina, on a 500GB SSD.

    I have a large folder full of photography and art which, prior to upgrade, used to be in the main SSD, then moved to 'Relocated Files' after the upgrade. I dragged it to the desktop, where it seemed to make a full copy (some 250GB worth of files), but seems to have doubled up.

    Does anyone know whats going on here? I have a 500GB drive but DaisyDisk is telling me I am using 665GB of it now that the folder seems to be duplicated (original in Relocated Files, and a copy dragged and dropped on the Desktop). I'm afraid to delete it unless sure one of those folders is going to survive if I delete the other.

    It's confusing to me since I would assume that I havent magically been granted an extra 250GB of harddrive space.

    submitted by /u/rattleandhum
    [link] [comments]

    Google Maps and Firefox/Chrome Screen Blank

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 11:30 PM PST

    MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017)

    Intel HD Graphics 630 1536 MB

    macOS Catalina 10.15.2 (19C57)

    Chrome 77.0.3865.90

    Firefox 72.0.1 (64-bit)

    I'm having this issue on my MacBook Pro when I visit Google Maps and try to use the zoom feature the screen will go blank (black) in both latest version of the browsers. I'm assuming this maybe a graphics issue? Anyone else experiencing this or can shed light on this issue?

    submitted by /u/GlitteringAwareness
    [link] [comments]

    autocad and photoshop cc on mac os catalina ?

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 10:33 PM PST

    can anyone on mac os catalina tell me if autocad and photoshop cc work on it ?

    i use autocad 2018 and photoshop cc 2017 on my macbook air running mac os mojave

    submitted by /u/raju-paanwala
    [link] [comments]

    ICloud uploads and podcast downloads are stuck

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 06:09 PM PST

    I turned on iCloud desktop and documents sync the other day. I was downloading a bunch of podcast episodes at the same time. I let it sit overnight and run. It's now been over 48 hours and the iCloud upload is still at zero of 86GB. All of my podcast downloads stopped too and just say "waiting". I've rebooted. I've turned off iCloud sync and turned it back on. Nothing seems to work to get that data uploaded or the podcasts to download again. Any other ideas?

    submitted by /u/normal_velocipede
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Pro 13 TouchBar 2017 - overheating and battery draining super fast. Please Help

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 04:41 PM PST

    So I have a macbook pro 13 touchbar 2017 with newest mac OS X and everything, but it is overheating. I cant even have it on my lap, because it is super hot. Battery is in great condition, but dead in 3-4 hours. Even when I am just browsing in Safari. Do you have please some advice or anythijg that could help? Because otherwise it is almost unusable and it is basically desktop PC with that battery. Thank you🙏

    submitted by /u/Vomelicc
    [link] [comments]

    How can I stream MKV files to my LG TV without stutter?

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 02:04 PM PST

    Hi!

    Recently bought a LG OLED B9 tv, which is fitted with AirPlay 2. Today I tried mirroring my screen while playing a 1080p MKV file in VLC, but there was so much stutter that it was unwatchable.

    Does anyone have a recommendation how this can be solved ? I read something about third party software like Infuse? Worst case scenario I'll go back to just using an HDMI cable..

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/Shortfromthemountain
    [link] [comments]

    MacOS 10.15.2 Apple TV (iTunes) metadata question

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 01:46 PM PST

    Greetings,

    Does anyone know if there is a way to set TV series artwork for user added content? I mean by setting different artwork for the background and banner for series information separate from the episode artwork. Currently I can only get the series artwork to show the first artwork in the first episode. Programs like MetaZ and iFlicks only allow you to add the episode artwork. Also how do I display different size artwork for Mac and Apple TV? Mac shows 16/9 artwork while Apple TV shows the square artwork for the banner/icons.

    Thank You

    submitted by /u/Yuuichi_LV
    [link] [comments]

    iMessage on old iMac (hasn't been used since 2017) - sync to iCloud?

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 01:27 PM PST

    Apologies if this has been discussed before- I did a search on iMessage + iCloud and didn't see anything covering this.

    iMessage on my current computer (Mac Pro) has my entire history going back to 2014, when I upgraded from my iMac to a Mac Pro. When I made that switch, I opted not to transfer data from the iMac to the Mac Pro and instead to set the Mac Pro up totally fresh from scratch. This was before iMessage in iCloud was a thing, so none of my iMessages synced over.

    Fast forward to now- I would like to get all of my iMessage history into one database (I don't care if they are in the same thread- just in the same file is fine). I booted the iMac this morning for the first time in a while (2017), and the chat.db database on it is still intact. iMessage is currently NOT connected to iCloud on it. I'm actually not even logged into iMessage on the iMac right now.

    My question is...if I turn on iMessage in iCloud on the iMac, what's going to happen? Will the messages in the iMac's history sync up with what is in iCloud? Will what is in iCloud overwrite what is on the iMac? Will what is on the iMac overwrite what is in iCloud?

    I would of course back up ~Library/Messages before doing anything, and also back up my iCloud (I have iExplorer and have already backed up the iCloud iMessage database from my iPhone). I'm just curious what will happen. Has anyone else activated iMessage in iCloud on a computer that hasn't been used in a while and taken note of what iCloud does?

    submitted by /u/scrappyjedi
    [link] [comments]

    How can I prepare desktops "backstage" to send to a projector that is already running?

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 01:11 PM PST

    I'll be displaying a slideshow on a projector. While the speaker is talking and clicking their way through the slideshow, I want to prepare some other material to display on another desktop on the Macbook. Then, when ready I want to send the new desktop to the projector instead.

    Is it possible? I don't want to do expose on the projector output because people will see what's coming (a quiz and other things).

    submitted by /u/FarraigePlaisteach
    [link] [comments]

    Import Keychain from Time Machine?

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 12:06 PM PST

    Wiped my MBP and reinstalled OS Mojave. Had previous install backed up with Time Machine. Can I run the Setup/Migration assistant to just bring in the keychain from Time Machine - don't need any other files. If not - is there a better way?

    submitted by /u/mobyhex
    [link] [comments]

    Should I install BootCamp on a company laptop?

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 02:18 PM PST

    Recently I received my MacBook from work. It's a 15-inch 2019, and I haven't been able to play any recent games since my old laptop was quite old. I'm thinking about installing BootCamp to run Windows and play some games. The company can manage my laptop (some apps were pre-installed before the laptop was opened from the box). Is it safe to install BootCamp on it?

    submitted by /u/duy349
    [link] [comments]

    Can I play audio through my speakers without unplugging my headphones?

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 06:14 AM PST

    It's getting pretty annoying having to reach behind my mac to plug and unplug my headphones every time I want to use the speakers. So I tried looking in the settings but my speaker output gets replaced by my headphones as soon as I plug them in. I saw people suggesting to mess around with Audio Midi setup but I can't find anything useful there either. The same thing happens where they replace each other.

    Anyone got a solution for this?

    submitted by /u/Jamrulezz1
    [link] [comments]

    iMac loading with question marks. Unable access any programs...any idea what’s going on?

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 01:21 PM PST

    [HELP] downgraded to Mojave but accidentally deleted the recovery partition

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 09:20 AM PST

    I can use my Mac perfectly normal now, but now everytime I press command+R on boot, the Mac asks for booting recovery from internet which takes very long time.

    How can I restore recovery partition so I can access recovery without network? Thank you.

    submitted by /u/tonywei1992
    [link] [comments]

    Skype camera dont work

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 12:24 PM PST

    MBP 2018 13" with Catalina. Skype camera dead (shows a black screen). Have tried to kill the processes as recommended by Apple, no luck. Any other ideas?

    submitted by /u/andersostling56
    [link] [comments]

    Homebrew isn't recognizing --appdir option on Catalina

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 08:46 AM PST

    Fellow homebrew users - I can install casks just fine using default settings (for example, I just installed the Atom cask to /Applications), but the thinkorswim cask continues to fail even if I use the --appdir option. Am I doing something wrong, or is this a failure of the thinkorswim installer script? Any of you able to successfully install ToS with homebrew?

    Here is the output from terminal:

    user@Mac-mini ~ % brew cask install thinkorswim --appdir="/Users/user/thinkorswim" ==> Downloading https://mediaserver.thinkorswim.com/installer/InstFiles/thinkorswim_installer.dmg Already downloaded: /Users/user/Library/Caches/Homebrew/downloads/7b384af82d2788a5d4a7ae4d2a90e899492ef60eac54a659ceba7c5f4fc6c872--thinkorswim_installer.dmg ==> No SHA-256 checksum defined for Cask 'thinkorswim', skipping verification. ==> Installing Cask thinkorswim ==> Running installer script 'thinkorswim Installer.app/Contents/MacOS/JavaApplicationStub' You have no write permissions for the directory /Applications/thinkorswim Please choose another directory. You can set the destination directory by passing -dir [directory]. ==> Purging files for version latest of Cask thinkorswim Error: Failure while executing; `/usr/bin/env PATH=/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/Homebrew/Library/Homebrew/shims/scm:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin /usr/local/Caskroom/thinkorswim/latest/thinkorswim\ Installer.app/Contents/MacOS/JavaApplicationStub -q` exited with 1. Here's the output: You have no write permissions for the directory /Applications/thinkorswim Please choose another directory. You can set the destination directory by passing -dir [directory]. Follow the instructions here: https://github.com/Homebrew/homebrew-cask#reporting-bugs /usr/local/Homebrew/Library/Homebrew/system_command.rb:176:in `assert_success!' /usr/local/Homebrew/Library/Homebrew/system_command.rb:53:in `run!' /usr/local/Homebrew/Library/Homebrew/system_command.rb:29:in `run' /usr/local/Homebrew/Library/Homebrew/system_command.rb:33:in `run!' /usr/local/Homebrew/Library/Homebrew/cask/artifact/installer.rb:32:in `install_phase' /usr/local/Homebrew/Library/Homebrew/cask/installer.rb:218:in `block in install_artifacts' /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.6/usr/lib/ruby/2.6.0/set.rb:777:in `each' /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.6/usr/lib/ruby/2.6.0/set.rb:777:in `each' /usr/local/Homebrew/Library/Homebrew/cask/installer.rb:209:in `install_artifacts' /usr/local/Homebrew/Library/Homebrew/cask/installer.rb:101:in `install' /usr/local/Homebrew/Library/Homebrew/cask/cmd/install.rb:22:in `block in run' /usr/local/Homebrew/Library/Homebrew/cask/cmd/install.rb:16:in `each' /usr/local/Homebrew/Library/Homebrew/cask/cmd/install.rb:16:in `run' /usr/local/Homebrew/Library/Homebrew/cask/cmd/abstract_command.rb:36:in `run' /usr/local/Homebrew/Library/Homebrew/cask/cmd.rb:92:in `run_command' /usr/local/Homebrew/Library/Homebrew/cask/cmd.rb:158:in `run' /usr/local/Homebrew/Library/Homebrew/cask/cmd.rb:123:in `run' /usr/local/Homebrew/Library/Homebrew/cmd/cask.rb:9:in `cask' /usr/local/Homebrew/Library/Homebrew/brew.rb:102:in `<main>' 
    submitted by /u/Well_technically
    [link] [comments]

    Where can I find documentation about how lo code a mac os add in? Like magnet, itsycal, etc.

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 07:52 AM PST

    Im a web developer and I got an idea for a tool I would like to develop as a side project. Im having trouble finding documentation about the topic. Any advice? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/tlalco
    [link] [comments]

    apple mail with gmail

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 07:13 AM PST

    Hello is there any way to sync apple mail with gmail but the storage exists in an external drive ?

    submitted by /u/punkgr
    [link] [comments]

    Skype video and audio lags on MacOS

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 03:20 AM PST

    Hello guys!

    I have a problem with skype calls on macOS. It freezes audio and video steams for 0.5-5 seconds every ~30-60 seconds. I can reproduce this thing when both sides of call are using macbooks, if it call from mac to windows or phone (android) - everything is ok.

    Hardware: MBPs mid 2015 (some 13" and 15");
    router - mikrotik with capsman, APs - mikrotik, 5ghz (ac)
    inet channel bandwidth - 1gbit, wireless speed ~300-400mbit on speedtest
    wifi access points load < 50%
    router load < 15%

    software: macOS 10.14.6 mojave and 10.15.2 catalina
    skype for macOS latest version

    Any suggestions? I will be grateful for any advice.

    submitted by /u/Sh1ne0fDarkness
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel