• Breaking News

    Wednesday, January 15, 2020

    iPad Weekly r/iPad Discussion and Tech-Support Thread - 01/15

    iPad Weekly r/iPad Discussion and Tech-Support Thread - 01/15


    Weekly r/iPad Discussion and Tech-Support Thread - 01/15

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 08:37 AM PST

    Welcome to r/iPad' Discussion and Tech-Support Thread!

    Discuss here anything that's iPad related. You can suggest or ask about iPad apps, accessories, post about your iPad art, tips & tricks etc.

    Get help regarding any issues you might be having with your iPad, with your applications, your accessories, physical and software problems, etc. Fellow redditors and members of the mod team will do their best to assit you.

    You may want to consider looking for similar questions to the one you're about to ask, in previous D&TS threads listed below, or with the search bar, as chances are someone was in the same situation as you before.


    Later on, please consider giving back by answering other people's questions when you can!

    Click here to see past D&TS threads.
    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Weekly 'What should I buy?' Thread - 01/15

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 08:37 AM PST

    Welcome to r/iPad's 'What Should I Buy?' Thread!


    Are you wondering which iPad is best for you? Are you hesitating between the 12.9" versus the 11"? Which keyboard should you get or what is the best screen protector out there? This is the place to ask. Fellow redditors and members of the mod team will do their best to assist you.

    You may want to consider looking for similar questions to the one you're about to ask, in previous WSIB threads listed below, or with the search bar, as chances are someone was in the same situation as you before.


    Later on, please consider giving back by answering other people's questions when you can!

    Click here to see past WSIB threads.
    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    I bought fake iPad so nicely done that apple technicians thought I was messing with them. It's apparently iPad 4 in iPad 6 shell, with working ipadOS 13.3, fingerprint, apple pencil, software updates, everything. Only serial nm belongs to iPad 4 and the screen looks weird.

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 03:35 AM PST

    This is why there should be a small space grey apple magic keyboard

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 11:40 PM PST

    Everybody thought it was impossible. But nah, here is the iPad Pro + RPI4 = External HDMI Monitor for your Canon (or any)

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 02:33 PM PST

    TIL: You can check the battery health of your iPad on Windows 10 using the iMazing app

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 09:25 AM PST

    Just Got My Paperlike 2 for my iPad Pro

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 01:12 PM PST

    I just got my paperlike 2 yesterday and used it during class today. I have to say I am very happy and glad I bought it. I ordered it on December 29 and got it on January 14 (just under 2 1/2 weeks). I live in Ontario, Canada. Installing it took a while, especially since I don't have any experience installing screen protectors, and I had to lift the edges a couple of times to remove dust particles from both the screen and the underside of the screen protector, but honestly, it wasn't that hard to do. Just tedious and stressful. It would've probably been much easier to do in the washroom after a hot shower like they recommend. Either way, I installed it on my first try, so I still have the backup there in storage for the future if I ever need/want to replace it. When I first started using it, it was actually kind of uncomfortable, since at times it felt like scratching on a blackboard, but I got over that quickly. Today in class, I had absolutely no problem with it and it felt good to write on. I can't say it feels just like writing on paper, but there's definitely more resistance than the glass screen. It's probably closer to writing on a blackboard. However, the main reason I got it was fingerprints, since the iPad is the biggest fingerprint magnet I have ever seen. I have to say I am extremely satisfied with this! Fingerprints basically just don't happen anymore. It's such a relief and actually makes me wanna use my iPad now, where before I wouldn't want to use it in order to not make it dirty. They recommend to clean it with a tiny bit of dishwasher soap every now and then, which I'll probably try to do if I ever see it looking dirtier (since oils might get stuck in between the grains over time? I haven't seen this happen yet though). I was originally worried about the screen quality but I'm happy to say it's very good. It's not as good as the bare screen, but honestly, I really don't care much for the difference: it's very minor in my opinion and I really hardly notice it. The only real difference I really notice is a slight washed-out glare when viewed from a certain angle relative to the light source, but I really don't think it's a problem. There's also barely a rainbow effect. I'm definitely very satisfied with my purchase and recommend it to honestly anyone.

    submitted by /u/Vicinian
    [link] [comments]

    Wired third-party controllers with iPad?

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 09:13 AM PST

    Hi!

    So I know that iPadOS brought support for controllers, but it seems as if only Wireless Xbox and PS4 controllers work. I had seen someone on reddit using a wired PS4 controller, but that was the only instance I could find.

    I have a 10$ Wired third party gamepad which I would like to use with my iPad. On Windows it shows up as Xbox 360 gamepad. Has anyone tried using third party controllers like this one?

    P.S- The controller has a button which can change the mode from Xinput to Dinput and back. IDK if it's useful, but there you go.

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/WhyAmIHere198
    [link] [comments]

    Total Novice, but want to help someone out with a used iPad

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 05:49 AM PST

    Hello Reddit

    I've not bought an iPad in about 6 or 7 years, so I'm a bit out of the loop. Yesterday was the first day for my 1 and 3 year old nanny, and she was getting used to stuff. When she was collapsing the stroller, she forgot her iPad was in the stroller, and it basically got warped right down the middle -- screen has about a bottle cap-sized blank, it's now a next gen, foldable iPad -- I think 4th generation.

    She had literally finished the T-Mobile 2 year payment plan within the past few months. If I wanted to get her a pre-owned replacement to be nice, with a T-Mobile connection, what is my best course of action? I feel bad, and she's a nice person who we've known for a few years.

    thank you in advance.

    submitted by /u/nypr13
    [link] [comments]

    How do I sync a folder to iPad everytime i connect it to PC.

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 09:32 AM PST

    So, i have a folder which contains stuff that i want to be available on iPad every time I connect it to my PC. Is there any way to do so without using iCloud.

    Also is there a way that any change that is made to the folder will copy over to iPad via WiFi?.

    submitted by /u/Greninja_370
    [link] [comments]

    What's the best way to clean matte / paperlike screen protector?

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 11:06 AM PST

    I have this screen protector on and my apple pencil is starting to "slip" on notability. I'm assuming that it's due to grease transfer onto the screen protector. How do you clean matte /paperlike screen protectors without damaging the surface texture?

    submitted by /u/peach_hcaep
    [link] [comments]

    Are there any apps to block ads in apps?

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 06:33 AM PST

    Example being the NYTimes app. Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/02soob
    [link] [comments]

    Elderly friendly iPad.

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 02:00 PM PST

    Hey y'all

    Due to good 'ol corporate media monopolies robbing people, my mom and I have decided to get my grandma aniPad and cancel her phone tv and internet through charter. We got her a super basic android phone and an I pad through Verizon that we will be setting up with her emails and the few things she used her computer internet for (banking and reading the news is pretty much the extent of it) I am pretty excited as I live across the country and help my grandma live vicariously through me by sending her pictures in emails and since her iPad also has its own number I'm looking forward to it hopefully being easier for her to see and enjoy them and easier for me to send since my phone will only let me attach a few photos to email at a time.

    Anyway. I am wondering if there is any tips or tricks to make it an easier adjustment for her. We will be deleting all unnecessary apps and enlarging the font. Just wanted to see if anyone had any extra suggestions.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/plutoizaplanet
    [link] [comments]

    Are matte screen protectors for ipad as clear as kindle’s ereaders?

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 01:54 PM PST

    So after having issues with kindle, I had to go back to using ipad for reading books.

    Obviously they're completely different and kindle is really nice for reading outdoors.

    But I just want to use an ipad. What is the matte screen protector that would be nice if I use ipad for reading?

    I've been watching lots of reviews and everyone says that there's grain effect on their screens or rainbow effect. I can't really see it in the video.

    I mean if it's as clear enough like the kindle, then I'll buy one.

    submitted by /u/choopiewaffles
    [link] [comments]

    Direct Message support coming soon to Instagram on web.

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 07:27 AM PST

    Why is Google Docs so incredibly laggy on iPad?

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 04:00 AM PST

    I have an iPad 10.5 pro running the latest iOS. I'm working on a 100-page doc on google docs and it lags so much when I'm writing or deleting words. Why?

    if I open the same doc on Word, it runs flawlessly.

    submitted by /u/Vayu0
    [link] [comments]

    Flash drive problem, please help!

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 10:40 AM PST

    I bought a 2018 11" pro and a dual Sandisk flash drive. When connecting the usb-c side of the pen drive to my MacBook, it works seamlessly, as it does when connecting its usb-a side to the iPad via an adapter. The problem arises when trying to plug it into the iPad straight through the usb-c, it just doesn't show up in the files app, or in any app like Lightroom etc. Has any one of you experienced this? I'd love to use the pen drive correctly as it's the reason I bought a dual drive. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/crwndsn
    [link] [comments]

    [Question] Logitech Slim Combo case keyboard not fully working with iPad 6th gen. What gives?

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 06:53 AM PST

    During this past Christmas, since my other Logitech keyboard case I got for my iPad some time ago (the Slim Folio) stopped working after replacing the batteries, I decided to go pick up a new one (the Slim Combo). For the first few weeks of operation, everything's been working fine, up until now that is.

    For whatever reason, some of the keys on the keyboard have just stopped working out of nowhere. Even stranger, if I were to leave it off and then turn it on, most of the keys will work for a while and then stop. What gives?

    submitted by /u/silvermoonhowler
    [link] [comments]

    Using Velcro to keep folio cover folded back in portrait mode?

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 03:58 AM PST

    I hate how the front cover just sort of hangs there when you fold it back on a folio case. I was thinking maybe a small piece of Velcro on the front cover and on the back would help, that way it wasn't flapping in the breeze when I'm using the tablet in portrait mode. Has anyone tried this? How does it work?

    submitted by /u/Surfmonkey01
    [link] [comments]

    Use IPad Pro 2018 on a 120Hz Monitor?

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 07:12 AM PST

    Is there any multi adapters that have vga or hdmi capable of outputing 120Hz? Any help is appreciated

    submitted by /u/matteorader
    [link] [comments]

    Question on movie quality when plugging iPad to tv

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 08:38 PM PST

    Just curious as I have a iPad Pro 11 inch and curious as the what quality it is capable of when wiring usb c to hdmi to a 4K tv.

    I know the iPad can't do 4K but if I wore it hdmi to a tv will it display 4K hdr on a tv? Or anyone know the limit to quality?

    I don't expect it to do .4K hdr Dolby atmos or anything like that of course.

    submitted by /u/samrozzi
    [link] [comments]

    What makes the iPad pro pro?

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 07:30 PM PST

    Title pretty much it. I have an iPad pro and a standard cheap iPad. Both apple pencils (2nd gen way better) but I don't really see why the pro is better especially with a $600 price tag difference. The best thing about the pro is the keyboard I have with it. So I'm wondering, how is your iPad pro pro for you?

    submitted by /u/Engle47
    [link] [comments]

    Lightning to USB 3 adapter

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 05:37 PM PST

    Can anyone suggest a reliable brand adapter so I can plug usb harddrive in my 7 Gen iPad, ???

    submitted by /u/2sharkee
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone have a recommendation for a magnetic wall mount like this one?

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 03:38 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel