• Breaking News

    Thursday, January 9, 2020

    iPad iPad Pro 11”. Show screen thru hdmi with drawing apps or goodnotes

    iPad iPad Pro 11”. Show screen thru hdmi with drawing apps or goodnotes


    iPad Pro 11”. Show screen thru hdmi with drawing apps or goodnotes

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 10:17 AM PST

    I picked up an iPad Pro 11 this holiday to use for work. I work for an architecture firm. I love being able to import PDFs into goodnotes and sketch over them when discussing things with my boss.

    But I was wondering if I can project what I'm doing on a tv.

    On a current project the job trailer has a large tv to connect a laptop to so we can discuss plans or work stuff out in cad. But it would be great if I can do this thru hdmi from my iPad since sketching is quicker and easier to understand than being technical with cad.

    Do I just need one of those usb-c docks?

    submitted by /u/Fast_Edd1e
    [link] [comments]

    Black level of the last ipad pro 12.9 inches

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 07:33 AM PST

    Hi,

    I love to watch movies on my ipad in bed. I currently have the first generation of ipad pro 12.9.

    While I love it, the black levels are really bad. Any dark scenes result in a grey mess and you don't see much.

    Now with the latest ipad, how are the blacks ? Mine doesn't have the latest tech with true tone and all.

    Anyone had both and can compare ?

    I'm still dreaming of an ipad with OLED supporting HDR/Dolby vision (like the latest iphone) but I'm not sure it's gonna happen.

    thanks

    submitted by /u/Dentifrice
    [link] [comments]

    Silicone Skin for Apple Pencil is worth every penny

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 11:37 AM PST

    Taking notes on my iPad is absolutely amazing but if there's one thing that consistently bothers me it's the hard plastic that the Apple Pencil is made out of. My hands tend to cramp when I grip too hard (when trying to take notes quickly).

    After doing some research, I decided to buy this AHASTYLE Silicone Skin Cover and thought that it would be useful to share my experience with other fellow note takers out there. It's very comfortable and very cheap as well. It's probably going to protect your pencil if it ever drops, too.

    And yes, it can still charge wirelessly but the double-tapping function is a little less sensitive. I've gotten used to it though, so its a worthy tradeoff imo. Honestly cannot believe that I've lived without it for so long!

    More Images

    submitted by /u/EvoZims
    [link] [comments]

    2020 PDF planner file for goodnotes/notability etc.

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 03:09 PM PST

    Can anyone actually tell me, how to view subtitles in vlc player for ipad.

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 03:29 AM PST

    There are so many stupid posts about changing the name and location of the file for getting the subtitles on vlc in my ipad. Yet, none of them accurately describes how to add subtitles to my video. Can anyone please help to provide the step by step. Also, if there are things to be taken care of before? Please help.

    submitted by /u/joprateek
    [link] [comments]

    Big games for ipad

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 01:05 PM PST

    So what I've enjoyed most of all since I've had my iPad is playing older games that have been converted to iPad. My favorites are Rollercoaster Tycoon Classic and Grand Theft Auto San Andreas. But I was wondering if there were any other bigger games for iPad, comparable to these two. It doesn't really matter if they're paid or not. I just love getting into something like a game like that. Any tips or suggestions? Perhaps a useful sidenote: I also have Apple Arcade.

    submitted by /u/DoctorSapirstein
    [link] [comments]

    I have a $15 app store gift card. Any paid app reccomendations?

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 08:52 AM PST

    I'm already thinking procreate, but would love other suggestions as I don't draw much.

    submitted by /u/muineth
    [link] [comments]

    Lightning to A/V problem

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 10:53 AM PST

    Asking for a friend since he doesn't own a reddit account. He recently got an iPad Air and uses it as a main daily driver. Since he watches a lot of tv shows he is using the Lightning to Digital AV adapter for his monitor (not TV!). He is also using the 3,5mm headphone jack for his 2.1 speakers. Hulu, Netflix and Twitch are working fine as in the iPad actually gives out 1080p fullscreen and the sound via the 2.1 system. But that's not working with Youtube. Youtube has this weird problem that either he has the AV adapter plugged in and NOT the 3,5mm jack and then has the 1080p fullscreen but NO sound but if he has BOTH the 3,5mm jack and the av adapter plugged in, he has sound but the iPad only puts out the mirrored screen and not the 1080p fullscreen. To top it all of if he starts a video with the 3,5mm jack not plugged in, leading to the fullscreen video and then plugs in the jack while a video is playing, it works with sound and fullscreen but ONLY until the next video is started, then the iPad goes back to screen mirroring.

    Does anyone here experience the same problem and is there any way to work around or is it just Youtube behaving badly? He says he has the problem both in the youtube app and with websites via Safari.

    submitted by /u/Eiger92
    [link] [comments]

    APPLE ID ACCOUNT VERIFICATION

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 09:46 AM PST

    just bought a 1st Gen iPad mini and set up a new apple id , then when I try to download a free app on app store it says "this apple ID has not yet been used in the iTunes store , tap to review" then when I click review it shows a loading screen but doesn't load ,someone please help

    submitted by /u/cellb247
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else still having ram management issues with iOS 13?

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 06:05 PM PST

    I am using a 6th gen iPad, been having issues with apps getting killed in the background or crashing on me, I'm on 13.3 and I'm still having the issue, rebooting fixes it but it comes after like 3 days

    submitted by /u/Fiti99
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for more ways to use my iPad and wanting ideas

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 10:19 PM PST

    Hey everyone, I have a 12.9 inch iPad Pro and I bought it about 3 months ago, and so far loving it. But I do find myself sometimes just finding no use for it just because I can't seem to find consistent fun games to play or reasons to hop on and use it even though I really want too.

    Now I know of course you can't force yourself to use something, but I do want to use it more often just need to find more things that I might enjoy on it.

    So my question is what is everyone's workflow like on there iPad, what games do you play, what do you do for entertainment, work flow, or even travelling. Just wanting to find more ways and explore my new iPad :)

    submitted by /u/KickTheCow
    [link] [comments]

    Overcharging apple pencil 2?

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 10:15 PM PST

    So I recently just bought the ipad pro 2018 256gb along with the apple pencil 2. I love how the pencil just charged by magnetically stick to the Ipad. But iam just wondering should I just leave it like that for a long anount of time or almost indefinitely? Because I afraid it might decrease the pencil battery life expectancy by overcharge it too much. I mean the only thing that is keeping the pencil from falling off or missing is the ipad.

    submitted by /u/wickyfrisky
    [link] [comments]

    iMovie better on Mac than iPad Pro?

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 08:51 PM PST

    iPad Pro USB 3 (to get) possible with this method?

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 03:24 AM PST

    Hello,

    check something for me.

    1. Connect the "Apple Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter" to the iPad Pro 10.5/12.9 (2017) or iPad Pro 12.9 (2015) first.
    2. Take a USB-A to USB-C 3.1 cable, connect to the "Apple Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter". At the front of the adapter there is a USB-A port.
    3. If your computer has no USB-C port, but a USB-A 3.0 port. Then take a USB-A to USB-A 3.0 cable.
    4. Now everything should be connected. Exactly in this order: iPad Pro + Adapter + USB 3 Cable.
    5. Connect to Macbook or iMac with a USB-C or USB-A 3.0 port. Open iTunes. Go to Device -> Apps -> File Sharing
    6. Select a file on Mac device via drag & drop and drag to an app. If you don't see any apps, download iMovie app or other apps that support file sharing. Please also stop the time during the transfer.

    Can transfer files (3 GB) via iTunes File Sharing or since macOS 10.15 (Finder -> Device -> Files) to the iPad Pro with USB 3 transfer speed? How long did the transfer take?

    General information:

    All iPad Pro (the same is also for iPhones) with Lightning can only use very slow USB 2.0 (19 MB/s up to 30 MB/s)** via cable to Mac or PC. Slower than other USB 2.0 devices (34 MB/s up to 44 MB/s).

    So I am looking for a method to improve the USB transfer speed.

    ** iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 7 Plus and iPad Pro 12.9 (2017) tested with MacBook Pro 2017 (4x Thunderbolt 3 - USB-C ports) and Windows Gaming PC (NVMe SSD, USB 3 Ports). I have tested many cables from standard cables in the box, some models from Anker and Amazon and USB-C to Lightning cables.

    The file size was a recorded 3 GB video file and other large files.

    iPhone or iPad -> Mac or PC (~ 19 MB/s)

    PC or Mac -> iPhone or iPad (~ 30 MB/s)

    Overview:

    USB 2.0 (480 Mbit/s) (60 MB/s)

    USB 3.0, 3.1 Gen 1 (5 Gbit/s) (625 MB/s)

    USB 3.1 Gen 2 (10 Gbit/s) (1250 MB/s)

    USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 (20 Gbits) (2500 MB/s)

    EDIT:

    It is confirmed, I have called the Apple hotline and this method I intend to use will not work.

    The adapter does not support data transfer via Mac or PC.

    This means that all Apple products (iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch) with Lightning connectors can only support maximum USB 2.0 speed for data transfer via cable from Mac or PC.

    Only the new iPad Pro 11"/12.9" (USB-C) (2018) can transfer data via Mac or PC at USB 3 speed.

    Unfortunately, I was not told how long it usually takes to transfer large files, for example. Does it have a fast USB 3 connection with a good USB 3 controller. Can it do at least 2 GBit/s (250 MB/s)?

    I have to buy the iPad Pro (USB-C) (2018) and test it myself.

    submitted by /u/eterinari
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel