• Breaking News

    Friday, January 17, 2020

    Apple Watch Nice score on eBay

    Apple Watch Nice score on eBay


    Nice score on eBay

    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 05:59 AM PST

    Just had a big score on eBay. Guy was selling Apple Watch 42 mm space black stainless link bracelet for $30 because of discoloration on the clasp and links no longer worked.

    I thought it was weird that all/most of the machined links wouldn't work and the picture of the the bracelet looked good overall with some minor discoloration on the edge of the clasp. B+ Quality I'd say

    So took a flyer and bought it. Got it and yup links don't work. Took out a sonic jewelry cleaner and put it in there ran it twice and this thing was dirty as hell.

    Took it out and some links were now working, took a old toothbrush with jewelry cleaner and brushed into the links and spaces more links start working. Ran it through sonic one more and Ta Da! All links working.

    Some people are just lazy, but their laziness is my score. I currently have a space gray S4 and it looks really good but I think I will upgrade to S6 SSSB when the time comes.

    Keep a close eye on eBay sometimes you get some stupid scores.

    Space Black Link on SG S4

    submitted by /u/SirD28
    [link] [comments]

    Took this on Christmas Day when I got my S4. Haven’t found another band I love as much as this one. Favorite bands for gold SS? It’s a bit of a difficult color to match!

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 10:16 AM PST

    What your favorite band and watch face combo? I’ve had this SS Link Bracelet since June 2015. It’s worn very well.

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 02:27 PM PST

    Apple watch siri wont voice feedback on ‘Will it rain today’ it just show u a weather forecast on the watch., but will voice feedback on will it rain tomorrow. Feeling puzzle

    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 12:09 AM PST

    Latest purchase , Apple Milanese. £65 off eBay. Quite like it!

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 09:25 AM PST

    Siri Shortcuts Notifications

    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 07:51 AM PST

    I currently have a CarPlay Siri Shortcuts Notification set up. Whenever I plug/unplug my iPhone to my car, I receive a notification on my phone and watch.

    Is there a way to stop receiving Siri Shortcuts Notifications on my Apple Watch?

    submitted by /u/Maantastic
    [link] [comments]

    GPS Vs GPS+Cellular

    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 06:45 AM PST

    I have an AW S2 and thinking about upgrading to S5. Not sure whether to go for GPS+Cellular. People who have the cellular option - how often have you used it? It is worth it? Any idea about battery performance difference when compared to GPS only version?

    submitted by /u/randomax
    [link] [comments]

    The SBSS S5 Hermes with Noir band is back in stock.

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 06:32 PM PST

    Series 5 Hermès being restock?

    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 03:34 AM PST

    The buy option isn't available so I am guessing it's out of stock? Does anyone know if this is going to get restock or is it discontinued?

    submitted by /u/-Jaegr-
    [link] [comments]

    Active calorie tracker

    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 08:25 AM PST

    How accurate is the Apple Watch S5 at tracking calories burned? I know it's extremely accurate for heart rate measurement but I'm curious about ur active calories burned. For example during a 30 min cardio sesh last night it says I burned 575 calories, but the exercise equipment measurements were nowhere near 575 (I know these aren't accurate either).

    Side note: I'm fairly overweight and notice just going about my normal day my watch thinks I'm exercising sometimes and it claims I burn 1000 calories everyday just existing. I do have a fairly high heart rate recently (like 100bpm resting) which I've talked to my doctor about. I'm thinking maybe bc my HR is so high that my watch thinks I'm exercising haha idk tho I'm just trying to get into my fitness journey and accurately track things as much as possible! TIA!

    submitted by /u/Harry0706
    [link] [comments]

    Watch OS update takes days?

    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 08:05 AM PST

    So I got a series 4, 44mm on eBay open box and when I try to pair it to my phone I have two issues. Either I get stuck at the "installing" part or I update it and it says that it takes 2 days to download. I'm on a college campus so I assume that it's an issue with slow internet but does anyone have any other thoughts? I've tried restarting both devices and nothing.

    submitted by /u/wh906
    [link] [comments]

    Prevent the media control app from appearing?

    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 07:55 AM PST

    When I play media on my phone, some media control options will automatically appear on my watch and replace my watch face. I.. don't want that. I want to see my watch face by default and have the option to open media controls as needed. Is there a way to change it so the media controls don't automatically appear?

    submitted by /u/knight029
    [link] [comments]

    Which color for saddle brown leather loop?

    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 07:35 AM PST

    I couldn't really find a color of the same name for the watch face, so, what color do you use when you use a saddle brown leather loop?

    submitted by /u/brazen_nl
    [link] [comments]

    Wake up with nightmare

    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 07:24 AM PST

    Does anyone know of any app that would wake me up when my heart rate wakes up during sleeping? I have occasional nightmares and I notice my heart is pumping really fast when I wake up. So just thinking if there was an app out there which would wake me up if it goes up a certain limit. I am not sure if any of the sleep tracking applications have this capability

    submitted by /u/ian_369
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any way to stop my notifications from coming to my watch sometimes but leave the bluetooth on the iPhone? I kinda need that when I'm home.

    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 06:55 AM PST

    Feedback - Apple Watch Accessory Kickstarter

    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 06:32 AM PST

    Some context - I love my Apple Watch but sometimes I lack the motivation to close my rings. The awards earned are great, but it isn't enough....for me.

    The idea - turn the Apple Watch activity awards into actual awards that can be displayed on a wall as you collect them. Think enamel pin monthly or quarterly subscription.

    My support network is just that...supportive. They really like the idea, but I don't think they would ever tell me if it was a terrible idea...even if it was.

    So, here I am. Looking for honest, constructive feedback.

    Reply here with any thoughts or DM me if you are interested in seeing the pre-launch campaign, literally first draft, grammatical mistakes and all, and provide feedback on the Kickstarter site.

    submitted by /u/BittyBio
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any way to disable the privacy blur for a W5 when AOD is enabled?

    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 02:25 AM PST

    Pretty much the title.

    The apple watch series 5 with always on display will blur out when turning your wrist while in an app. I get that this is done for privacy & battery reasons, but when i use QR codes from the wallet on the watch and i turn my wrist to have a reader read the QR code, the reader cant read the code because the watch will blur and only show the time. This makes using the wallet app for anything but paying pretty useless. Is there any way to disable this blur altogether without turning AOD off?

    I looked around the forum and also googled it and did not find anything, but i cant for the life of me think that i am the only one who has this problem.

    And its not the Hide sensitive complications option in the settings, that is already off for me.

    Thanks folks, appreciate the help.

    submitted by /u/PopularSoftware
    [link] [comments]

    Just how waterproof is the S5?

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 07:36 PM PST

    I have an aluminum S5. I'm going on vacation in a couple weeks to a couple of different East Asian/Pacific countries, and I have a lot of water-based activities planned like snorkeling and kayaking, and some other outdoor activities like hiking, spelunking, and zip-lining.

    How well would the watch stand up to something like that? Should I just leave my watch at home? I do have apple care, for what it's worth.

    submitted by /u/tadpole511
    [link] [comments]

    T9?

    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 06:01 AM PST

    Why is T9 still not an option? It would be a lot better than this scribble thing

    submitted by /u/BossManApex
    [link] [comments]

    Delayed Text Notifications

    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 05:25 AM PST

    Text message notifications on my watch come in 2-4 minutes after they do on my iPhone. Is anyone else experiencing this?

    Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS/Cellular) with Watch OS 6.1.1

    iPhone 11 Pro with iOS 13.3.1

    submitted by /u/pvliii
    [link] [comments]

    If you are having battery issues

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 09:45 AM PST

    Apologies if this is common knowledge, but wanted to share in case it resolves issues for some people on here.

    Have a Series 5 that was set up as new (not restored from backup) and noticed about 5% drain per hour. (Yes, I know this comes out to 20 hours of battery but I've seen much better stats reported online, and I had better battery on a Series 1)

    Anyway, I checked my Usage stats this morning and noticed that Usage and Standby time were pretty much the same (around 3 hours for both), indicating to me some background task using battery. I checked Settings and Mail and noticed that my Gmail account had a red ! and needed the password re-entered.

    So I've done that and so far after charging back up to 100%, I am still at 100 after 45 minutes, and stats show 16 minutes usage, and 37 minutes standby which seems normal now.

    I know it's still early but I am hoping this will significantly extend battery and maybe some others have the same issue.

    Hope this helps anybody and please let me know your thoughts, thanks for reading


    Edit: In 2 hours, have lost 5% battery

    2.5% per hour

    Was losing 5-6% per hour before

    Usage stats: 2 hours 4 min Standby, 46 minutes usage (38% Usage)


    Edit 2: In 4 hours, have lost 18% battery

    4.5% per hour

    So creeping back up to how it was before...

    Usage stats: 4 hours, 11 minutes Standby, 1 hour, 49 minutes Usage (43% Usage)

    Looks like maybe I was wrong about this fix after all

    submitted by /u/Jagr
    [link] [comments]

    Any recommended screen protectors?

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 08:08 PM PST

    Hi all. I got an s5 for Xmas gift. It's my first Apple watch, and thus far I've been loving it.

    Unfortunately, it's already got a few small scratches on the screen (it's the aluminum model, I understand the IonX glass isn't as durable as the sapphire). I've got AppleCare+, but I'll probably hold off on paying the fee to repair it for a year or so as they aren't so noticeable.

    I'd like to protect it, though (before and after replacing the screen). For my phone I use a tempered glass screen protector that looks great and doesn't interfere with the touch screen at all. I'm not seeing any with good reviews for the Apple watch though—they either don't stick or require a case, and I rather like the aesthetics.

    Do good ones exist, or are there any good/well fitting tpe protectors that people here really love?

    Tl;dr recommendations for series 5 44mm screen protectors worth buying in tempered glass or tpe.

    submitted by /u/straddotcpp
    [link] [comments]

    Shortcut to start a workout?

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 10:48 PM PST

    Is there a way I can just slide from my watch or something for a shortcut to start walkouts in a second?

    submitted by /u/jmoneysavageondabloc
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel