• Breaking News

    Saturday, January 11, 2020

    Apple Watch Apple Watch Cellular+Wifi two phones

    Apple Watch Apple Watch Cellular+Wifi two phones


    Apple Watch Cellular+Wifi two phones

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 03:26 AM PST

    Just a quick question as my dad wants to buy a new Apple Watch.

    He has a private iPhone (XS) and a company iPhone (XS). As he is using the private phone mostly for calls and some iMessages he wants to put the e-sim of his private contract onto the Apple Watch so he can leave the house without his phone but wants to have the calendar and emails of the company phone on his watch.

    Is this easily possible?

    Thanks fro the help guys!

    submitted by /u/Mortifer557
    [link] [comments]

    Thinking about creating a newsletter/vlog with a weekly ~5min review of a new & unique Apple Watch App - Would anyone be interested in this?

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 08:09 AM PST

    I find the app store is terrible for discovery, and the blogs are all pushing paid for crap.

    Thoughts?

    UPDATE:
    At 100+ upvotes I thought - why the hell not!
    So here we are
    https://applewatchweekly.substack.com/

    submitted by /u/PeanutBAndJealous
    [link] [comments]

    Do I’ve had my Apple Watch series 4 for nearly a year now and just started using it again. I was wondering if it makes any difference in battery life when connected to Bluetooth? Do I have to connect it to Bluetooth or can I use it without?

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 07:15 AM PST

    Messages not being updated on watch S4 6.1.1

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 08:15 PM PST

    Hello All,

    First time poster here. I noticed today that i get message notifications pop ups on my watch and when i go into the messages app the message threads are not being updated. I've reset the watch and checked for update and nothing seems to make it work. I think I'm about to un-pair and re-pair it to my phone. Anyone else experiencing this?

    submitted by /u/killabynature480
    [link] [comments]

    What's wrong with Apple's watch face customization?

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 11:43 AM PST

    What's wrong with Apple's watch face customization?

    So after 5 years without an Apple Watch (I had the Series 0 right when it first came out) I decided to get the new Series 5.

    But what's really bugging me is the lack of watch face customization. I mean, don't get me wrong there's already a lot to customize to your taste but I feel like Apple could do better than this.

    Here are a few examples:

    First of all, the color watchface. WHY is it not possible to change the second hand when you can do that in other watch faces? It kinda destroys the aesthetics for me.

    https://preview.redd.it/50ebxhuw40a41.png?width=368&format=png&auto=webp&s=f2c8649469ffe67fbbb2ae18cdb41fbb959a20d8

    Next up is the infograph watchface. It is not possible to only get a black and white watchface you HAVE to choose an accent color or otherwise the complications are in their respective colors. Would like a mix between those two images with only white as a secondary color. However this watch face is my favourite so far.

    Last but not least, the Meridian one. I really like that one and it looks best with white color selected (and no complications, because they would then be in their own colors) because whatever color scheme you pick, the second hand will always be red, which only looks good with some color schemes. Why not give us an option to change its color?? Also it would be cool to change the colors of the outer lines as shown in the next image:

    Now THIS is what I'm talking about. Unfortunately this isn't a real watch face it's from a 3rd party app (and you can choose other colors too) but it still looks more aesthetically pleasing than the default Meridian one. Sure, the second hand and also the complications should have a different color (yellow in this case) but then it would be perfect in my opinion.

    On another note, I think Apple should open the Monogram complication to more watch faces and allow us to change the text size. Also why is there a world clock complication on the Infograph watchface (which shows digital time) but no digital time one? I know I can replace it with the Monogram but I really like the Apple logo on my watch face so unfortunately I have to choose world clock and put in my timezone to make it useful for me.

    All in all I'm pretty satisfied with my new watch but seeing that within the last 5 years there's still no complete watchface customization kinda makes me wonder what Apple is doing. There's so much room for improvement and damn, how cool would it be if we could create or own watch faces? But this probably won't ever happen because people would just do Rolex, and other expensive brands ones and Apple would get in trouble for it.

    What do you think? Are you satisfied with the amount of customization?

    submitted by /u/streetwearofc
    [link] [comments]

    Watch AutoSwitch malfunctioning

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 05:13 PM PST

    So, I have 2 Watches - S2 & S5. When I bought the S5, I decided to use both of them alternatively, so that I don't end up missing my sleep data due to forgetting to charge it on time. The autoswitch worked seamlessly, for a while.

    About 2 weeks ago, my S2 randomly went dead. So Apple replaced it with another new S2. Since the time I have paired the new S2 with my phone, the Watch app has been able to seamlessly autoswitch from the S5 to the S2, but not vice versa.

    Any idea how I could solve this issue, without having to factory reset either of my watches?

    submitted by /u/shayonpal
    [link] [comments]

    Is the Apple Watch Hermes any different than the Stainless Steel version? Or is it just a the strap/packaging?

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 07:25 AM PST

    Title.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/-Starwind
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Watch Bands Question

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 06:37 AM PST

    Can I use the same bands from an Series 4 watch to a series 5 watch? If the size is the same?

    submitted by /u/Laboryloka20
    [link] [comments]

    How to protect stainless steel band from scratching?

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 09:48 PM PST

    So I bought the stainless steel band during the holidays and love the look, but quickly found out it scratches easily as I work in the office with my wrist resting on the desktop as I type. So the band was mint overall except for that half of the buckle that was in contact with the desk. And that half is very scratched up. Just now I managed to get an exchange for a new one at Apple store.

    Now I want to protect it properly. I'm thinking some non-stick clear plastic similar to those that cover a lot of small electronics to protect them from scratching. Or like those oil change stickers on the windshield that reminds you when the next oil change is due.

    Oh Mighty Redditors, any ideas?

    submitted by /u/BrightFalconRocket
    [link] [comments]

    Weird incident

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 06:38 PM PST

    I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this. I have a series 3, non cellular. I'm using the modular face with date, weather, and the bottom three are an otp app, battery and heart, there's a reason why I'm explaining that. I haven't used Apple since 5c, but now I have the iPhone 11, so I'm still not really as used to it as I was android.

    So the weird incident is this, I was driving home today, down a back road, and when the watch gets a notification you get the haptic feedback then either turn wrist or tap screen to see the notification. I can see the black screen while I'm driving. Also I was listening to a podcast via Bluetooth through car stereo from phone. Just trying to get all details in. I didn't receive any haptic feedback and a wall of text appeared on the watch, and it was appearing letter by letter as if it were being written out or dictated, then it went black, there was nothing in notifications to try and see what it was and I couldn't read it all before it disappeared. All I caught was "hey look listen you know what you did let me explain his plan". I don't have voice memo or any dictation stuff set up as a complication, I wasn't talking or messaging anyone, and the podcast was saying nothing like that. I tried seeing if maybe Siri had popped up and was dictating very poorly but I can't see any way to see history of that. It was just weird. Has anyone had or heard of something like this?

    submitted by /u/PariahComplex
    [link] [comments]

    Watch band storage

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 03:41 PM PST

    Looking for somewhere to store and travel with my collection of bands. Any ones that you recommend?

    submitted by /u/tfcjuveyyz
    [link] [comments]

    How common is the vertical line issue on S5 devices?

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 06:27 AM PST

    Mine has a faint vertical line near the middle of the screen that's only visible on a few backgrounds. This thread on macrumors has many people complaining of the issue on S4 devices, even after replacing it. Is this issue just as common on S5 devices or is it mostly fixed now? If it's common then I won't bother replacing it tbh. Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/TheMumin
    [link] [comments]

    A question about ECG

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 02:39 AM PST

    So, I am living in a country where ecg and irregular heartbeat isn't supported. The question is: If i buy the series 5 from USA and bring it back to my country, will ECG be supported?

    submitted by /u/Merto_is_good
    [link] [comments]

    Cannot Update and now Does not pair

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 02:19 AM PST

    Hi

    I am unable to pair my Apple Watch 3 with my iPhone 7. I have tried multiple times but each time, I get the same message saying that the WatchOS need to be updated.

    However, the Watch fails to update because it has no internet connection. But my internet connection works fine, so I am a bit puzzled to why the Watch does not update. And as long as it does not update, it cannot pair with the phone for some reason. I have tried with 3 different phones and I have also tried to reset the watch.

    Any idea how to fix this?

    Kind regards Steffen

    submitted by /u/steffmoes
    [link] [comments]

    Gmail vs Mail app & notifications

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 02:04 AM PST

    New Apple Watch user here. I have multiple email accounts on Gmail. Whenever a new message arrives the notification is shared with my watch, but presented as a Gmail app notification and therefore immediate interaction like replying is not possible.

    I do not receive mail notifications. The mail app though seems to only support fetch with Gmail, and apparently the Gmail app by default supports push. The mail app though does support interacting with email on your watch.

    How have other people solved this?

    submitted by /u/famschopman
    [link] [comments]

    Thoughts going from S1 to S5

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 03:05 PM PST

    I recently upgraded from series 1 space black aluminium to series 5 space black stainless steel. Here my thoughts.

    Why this upgrade? AOD - I have always worn watches and this feature was very much welcome. It's really well implemented. Cellular - I wanted to test the full Apple Watch experience and have the chance to leave my iPhone 11 behind now and then, when relaxing outside or playing outside with the kids, groceries and small errands, and wanted to reachable even at the swimming pool. Stainless steel - I really liked it but I would have not paid for it until I realised that in my country the difference between aluminium with cellular plus AppleCare+ and stainless steel is around 100$. I am not buying AppleCare+ for my S5 because I had no problem with my S1 and now I should be better covered against water, scratches and the likes. It's amazing. Milanese loop - I didn't want another sport band (I like my two black and antique white sport bands), I don't like the current offer of sport loops, Nike bands I like but cannot be bought as standard watch bands on stainless steel. Finally, Milanese loop looks awesome, I have a third-party 10 USD one but has not hold on well and would not trust it to keep this expensive watch. Moreover Milanese loop results cheaper if bought together with new watch.

    Thoughts after a couple of weeks of use: Watch: amazing piece of technology. I love the new (since S4) watchfaces with additional complications (solar, infograph analog). I can get a glimpse of everything I care about without having to compromise. Apps load quickly, it is really a mini computer on the wrist. Cellular: just works, fantastic. Good reception. Within 45 minutes from my purchase at an Apple Store I was in a swimming poll tracking my workout with cellular activated on my brand new watch. My old Series 1: it is nonetheless really nice to see how good my series 1 still is. Very much limited compared to my new S5 but comparable in terms of those that are basic smart watch functions to me - time, complications, notifications, basic activity tracking. Nice feeling thinking about the durability of these devices and their high price I use it at home, sleep tracking. I think that the old S0-S3 watchfaces work better on those older devices than on newer S4 and S5 - it is always nice to use the old solar and modular on my S1. Price: the price is really high. Despite the amazing device I think it is a lot of money. My S1 has been the device I used undisputedly most during the last three years so let's see how this goes. I guess I will regret the purchase if the watch does not last a few years before becoming obsolete (like maybe S0 are now).

    What's missing: mainly on the software part, that is, more independent apps. International roaming with cellular (if emergency calls in roaming work, could it be a software block that's preventing it, at least in those countries which same frequency bands?)

    submitted by /u/redv1ew
    [link] [comments]

    Do i need a fitbit if i have an Apple Watch?

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 01:15 AM PST

    I know a lot people here might hate fitbit but i like using it for fitness but it seems like a waste to have one if i have an Apple Watch.

    I dont like how the Apple Watch really monitors exercise you have to manually start it every time you start walking and the fitbit automatically tracks your walking time, heart rate, calories burned, time. Plus i feel like if i use the Apple Watch to monitor every time i go for a walk its gonna use the battery a lot more.

    I'm already used to the fitbit app and know my way around it and with the Apple Watch i feel like theres less info on there and i have to clutter my iphone with a bunch of different apps and i need a different app for everything i want to do

    I heard the Apple Watch is super close with testing heart rate and stuff and my Apple Watch and fitbit give me a different Reston heart rate but sometimes i check and the heart rates are close to each other.

    submitted by /u/forzaissht
    [link] [comments]

    Where do you keep watch's saddle?

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 08:36 PM PST

    How do you organize the watch saddle? I currently own two - one of sport and more casual one, hence I'm looking for a proper way to store them.

    submitted by /u/zkid18
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a good charging dock / station for iPhone 11 Pro / Watch S5 / Airpods

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 04:46 PM PST

    Just looking for suggestions, if its able to wireless charge that's a bonus but if not that's ok..

    submitted by /u/Panic1SReal
    [link] [comments]

    Heart rate frequency? Mine is taking a reading like 3 times a day

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 04:19 PM PST

    Any good hunting/fishing/outdoors apps?

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 04:10 PM PST

    Are there any good hunting apps for the Apple Watch? Or outdoors apps like tracking a trail or being able to detect your shot. I know other smart watches have this features but I haven't been able to find anything on the Apple Watch.

    submitted by /u/Hondu94
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Watch band wiggle at connector?

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 01:56 PM PST

    Hi. So this might sound silly but with me having just got my Apple Watch series 5 for Christmas I'm still in that honeymoon phase of cherishing it and being careful with it. I swap bands quite a lot and I have a Milanese Loop for smart, a Nike sport band for gym and a sport loop for everyday wear. I noticed that the connector that goes into the watch has a slight wiggle to it. I have no concerns of it coming out as the band clicks into place, it's just a very slight wiggle. Strangely it happens more on the Milanese and Sport Loop than it does on the Nike band. Again it's not a looseness issue, just a wiggle or a little bit of play if you get me. I have apple care + so if anything goes wrong down the road I'm sure they'll swap it for me, I'm not really worried I just wondered. Any thoughts?

    In every other way I absolutely love this watch and I don't know how I lived without it before.

    submitted by /u/dayley28
    [link] [comments]

    apple watch series 3 or series 3 nike

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 11:36 PM PST

    as per title! planning to get an apple watch for my birthday - haven't had one before so was wondering where to start. my only concerns are with the software itself - are there any differences other than band and exclusive faces?

    submitted by /u/swagmaster869
    [link] [comments]

    XL Watch Band 44mm

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 07:42 PM PST

    Kind folks, in a big guy. I have a 9" wrist. Am looking for a good XL watch band for my series 5 44mm. Something colorful. Your recommendations?

    submitted by /u/UncleChanBlake2
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel