• Breaking News

    Saturday, January 11, 2020

    Apple TV Found my old 2006 Mac book pro remote and it works with my Apple TV!!!!

    Apple TV Found my old 2006 Mac book pro remote and it works with my Apple TV!!!!


    Found my old 2006 Mac book pro remote and it works with my Apple TV!!!!

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 01:30 PM PST

    Apple TV Dolby vision issue

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 10:19 AM PST

    Small problem with PS4 controller.

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 02:56 PM PST

    I have no trouble connecting it, I just have to do it every time I want to use it, between sleeps. If the Apple doesn't sleep, but the controller disconnects I can press the PS button and play away.

    The weird thing is, after a sleep, when I turn it on, the settings can see it and say it's connected. But pushing buttons does nothing. I have to unpair it and connect it again.

    I'm sure there's something simple I'm missing. I doubt everyone is doing this. On the plus side, it would be great to have it as a secondary control for the TV if, god forbid, anything happens to my remote.

    Am I supposed to push a button or something after it connects? I've tried, but no success.

    submitted by /u/AmrlKJaneway
    [link] [comments]

    Is the latest beta update for tvOS bricking anyone’s Apple TV

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 03:40 PM PST

    The TV in New Zealand doesn’t show a “Sources” / “Connected Apps” option. Any ideas? (It works when I use a US account)

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 06:36 PM PST

    How to stream MKV file without stutter to LG TV fitted with AirPlay 2?

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 02:14 PM PST

    Hi!

    Recently bought a LG OLED B9 tv, which is fitted with AirPlay 2. Today I tried mirroring my screen while playing a 1080p MKV file in VLC, but there was so much stutter that it was unwatchable.

    Does anyone have a recommendation how this can be solved ? I read something about third party software like Infuse? Worst case scenario I'll go back to just using an HDMI cable..

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/Shortfromthemountain
    [link] [comments]

    Menu Feature? ATV4k

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 05:57 PM PST

    The other day my wife accidentally swiped or clicked or something and a menu came in from the right side of the screen. Maybe it had the remote battery percentage and a couple other things? It came up and then we clicked something else and it went away.

    Does this sound familiar to anyone/do you know how to bring it up? It gave me macOS Notification Center vibes if that helps.

    submitted by /u/Banana4SnackPack
    [link] [comments]

    WiFi speed makes no sense when streaming movies, please help

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 05:18 PM PST

    I have an Apple TV hooked up in our basement theater. The wireless router is located DIRECTLY ABOVE the spot where the Apple TV is on the main floor. If you drew a straight line, it's literally a distance of about 15 feet away with just sheet rock and a floor between them

    We have gigabit speed WiFi. For some reason, when I run an Ookla speed test on the Apple TV simultaneously with my IPhone from the same exact spot, my Apple TV gets, at best, 35 mbps, while my phone gets 250 mbps. My movies on Netflix and my sporting events and tv shows on FUBO constantly sputter, the image quality gets blurry. It's really unreliable and when I have people over to watch sports it's almost guaranteed we lose signal at some point or the image gets very pixelated on occasion

    This Apple TV is the newest 4K model. My iPhone is 2 years old. How are these two products from the same company that are both the same age getting radically different speeds from the same exact location at the same exact time?

    I have studs in the wall so I can't route an Ethernet. I thought my speed would be fine when I tested the speeds during construction, I figured running wire would be redundant. But this is super annoying that literally only my Apple TV sucks with speed.

    Any thoughts ?

    submitted by /u/Luso7
    [link] [comments]

    Screen Saver

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 06:56 AM PST

    We use a shared photo album through iCloud of our kids as our screen saver. I don't know exactly when it started but I know it was happening on TVOS 12 and is still happening on TVOS 13. Basically I can set the screen saver to use our photo album but eventually it always resets back to the aerial default moving screen saver. It will stay for a few days, maybe weeks but eventually always reverts back.

    Has anyone else experienced this?

    submitted by /u/retro97
    [link] [comments]

    My user profile got lost

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 12:18 PM PST

    My AppleTV 4 lost my profile couple of days ago. My spouse's and kid profile still exist. My AppleId is still signed in and all subscriptions are working. Restart didn't help. Anyone else having same problem?

    submitted by /u/LPitkin
    [link] [comments]

    Can I Show Playback Hud Stats on My MAC Instead of The TV Screen?

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 08:36 AM PST

    I would like to monitor the bitrate of my Apple TV 4K Stream through my computer or an iphone/ipad. It's pretty tedious to close the Video and go to settings every time i want to switch it on or off since there is no easy toggle it on from the remote.

    Is this possible?

    submitted by /u/angrykrabba
    [link] [comments]

    Remote app never works. Very frustrating

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 12:51 PM PST

    I have tons of Apple devices. They all talk to each other seamlessly. I can answer a phone call on my mac via my iphone. My airpods connect automatically. I can set Do Not Disturb on my watch and it applies to my phone and mac at the same time. I can send video and pics to my wife and kids via airdop in a matter of seconds.

    The TV app? Never connects. It doesn't recognize my Apple 4k TV despite them being on the same wifi. If I unplug/plug the router and Apple TV then they will work for a time, but if I leave my wifi network or go to LTE then that's it. It wont work anymore after that.

    I understand the problem is probably related to my router, but no other Apple device I own has this issue. Everything else works perfectly fine. Why is the app/Apple TV the only device that has these issues? Why can't my iphone connect to Apple TV the same way it does to every other Apple device in my household? Sorry I'm venting but it just seems so dumb that Apple TV doesn't play well with with everything else.

    Anyone else have this problem?

    submitted by /u/phoonie98
    [link] [comments]

    Use Apple TV with Projector

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 07:17 AM PST

    I need some help with an issue I've been having for a while now and am looking to make my gear more portable. My family and I have watch parties for football games, events, and movies from time to time and I use a projector with a screen and an Apple TV 4 as the source. I have a audio extractor unit (cheap) that I connect to the HDMI output from the Apple TV to and then HDMI from it to the projector for the video source. Then, the audio is converted in the extractor unit to 1/8" stereo (also has optical, but I don't use it). I have a 1/8" stereo to dual 1/4" cable where I connect a mixer to 2 channels and then connect to a sub and then to 2 speakers (L/R). It's a painful process, but it's loud and it sounds fantastic.

    The problem is, it's not easy to setup and I'm the only one that knows how to set it up and it takes some serious time to do it. I'm 95% sure my Apple TV has Bluetooth, so I thought it would be cool (and easy) to stream audio directly from the Apple TV over to some Bluetooth speakers. Problem is, that's a big investment (as was this original setup) and I'd hate to make the commitment to the speakers and then it not work. So, if I get something like the Bose S1 Pro (2-L/R), how do I connect those to the Apple TV via Bluetooth for stereo? I'm not sure that's even possible. If it is, how is that done? I know that Bose has an app for the iPhone that allows you to connect multiple units together for stereo, but I'm wondering if that's only if you use the iPhone.

    If it's not possible with the Bose, there are other options like the JBL EON One Compact that would fit the bill, but I'm not sure about it either. Anyone have ideas or suggestions?

    submitted by /u/clockwiseq
    [link] [comments]

    Connecting a Dualshock 4?

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 10:30 AM PST

    Hello!

    I bought a Dualshock 4 v 2 today. Connected it to the Apple TV, which confirmed the connection by showing a logo at the top right corner. I can however not use the dualshock for anything. Not moving around the menuscreen or playing any games (ie Asphalt 8).

    Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/spammmxster
    [link] [comments]

    [RANT] Really want to like AppleTV but hurdle after hurdle

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 06:33 AM PST

    Hello peoples!

    I was contemplating for a while whether I should write this post or not.

    Eventually I decided to do it.

    tl;dr; While it's a rant first and foremost, it also offers some details into the issues and limitations that Apple TV has, at least for me and my set-up.

    A quick info of my setup:

    • TV: LG 65OLEDC9 (2019 model)
    • AVR: Denon AVR-X2600H
    • speakers: 5.1, planing to add 2 Atmos speakers
    • connection: AppleTV -> AVR -> TV

    A bit of background first - as someone working in this field, I consider myself quite knowledgeable about the AV world and things related. For sure there are many people more knowledgeable and experienced than me, but I'm not a newbie by far.

    I was living in 1080p world until a month ago, but decided to switch to a 4k TV. I was using an Nvidia Shield 2017 for the last 2 years. It worked great and still does, but it lacks Dolby Vision, which is something I really wanted to have, so I decided to buy either an AppleTV or the new Nvidia Shield.

    Based on the reviews and my friend's recommendation, I decided to go with Apple. This was not a tough sell to me since I'm what you'd consider an Apple fan and it also complements my Apple ecosystem nicely (also acting as a HomeKit hub).

    When I hooked it up, I was initially impressed by the user experience, the fluidness of the system etc etc. Basically what you'd expect from Apple. Great.

    Then the problems started cropping up.

    1. Lip-sync problems

    When I watch Amazon Prime Video, the lip sync is off by ~100ms. Unwatchable.
    When I watch Netflix, the delay is smaller, but still there and visible. Barely watchable.
    Running Infuse connected to my Plex server, the delay is the smallest but still noticeable. Kinda watchable, but common, this is a solved problem in 2020.

    The only way to correct it is via the AVR's menu, but I really don't want to be doing that all the time.

    1. Dolby Vision on Netflix

    When I run a Dolby Vision title on Netflix on Apple TV, black colours are not truly black. This is an OLED, so black is REALLY black. When I run the same title on the TV's native Netflix app, the blacks are as you'd expect, BLACK.

    I used Witcher S01E01 for my test, the very first scene, where the show's title is displayed on black, you can really notice it.

    Not sure if this is an Apple TV bug or Netflix, it just isn't right.

    1. Lacking support for Atmos

    AppleTV supports Dolby Atmos, awesome.

    BUT!

    It only supports it if it's muxed with a Dolby Digital Plus track. Do you have a remux of your BluRay with Dolby TrueHD track, with Atmos metadata on plex / file share? You're SOL then. AppleTV (i.e. Infuse) will decode the TrueHD track losslessly, but while transferring it to your AVR, you lose the Atmos metadata.
    Which kinda brings us to the next point...

    1. No HDMI passthrough (a.k.a. bitstreaming)

    AppleTV does not support HDMI passthrough.

    It decodes everything and sends it to your AVR as PCM. While generally this is not a problem (i.e. the quality is not affected), it limits you to the formats Apple supports (see point number 3)

    This is very Apple-like to do (i.e. control everything), but common, at least give as an option to change it. I have an AVR to handle sound.

    If you read it this far, congrats and thank you!

    I really want to like the AppleTV, and aside from a lacklustre remote control, I find it nicer than Android TV on Nvidia Shield.

    Sure, some of my complaints might be due to my lacking research before the purchase, but others I think are valid and are such basic problems that should not exist on a finished product, shipping already for 2 years now. My only hope is that Apple fixes some of these in tvOS 14.

    What are your thoughts? Is it just me? Am I just crazy and nit-picking?

    submitted by /u/peachkovit
    [link] [comments]

    am i missing the point?

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 09:36 AM PST

    I got a year free subscription cause I bought an Iphone after september... so I signed up, every movie and almost every tv show says buy or rent... is the only content that's free in this Appletv+ subscription the like 5 appletv original tv shows?

    submitted by /u/Vixx82
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel