• Breaking News

    Thursday, January 16, 2020

    Apple TV Cheap Universal Remote

    Apple TV Cheap Universal Remote


    Cheap Universal Remote

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 05:19 PM PST

    Love my new Apple TV. Can't stand the remote. Swiping is just a huge pain, especially with fast forwarding and rewind.

    I tried looking for a universal remote, but every article suggests a $200 Logitech or Amazon reviews are so all over the place with good and bad or people using for other devices.

    Can anyone recommend a decent universal remote for like $20 or less? Also, will dedicated fast forward and rewind buttons on a universal remote work? Or will it still function the same but with physical left and right buttons in place of the track pad on the OG remote?

    submitted by /u/MayoGhul
    [link] [comments]

    currently staying at a hotel overseas... if all I want is to plug the Apple TV to the hotel TV and watch videos on my iPhone via AirPlay, do I just need to get a wifi router? does the router need to have internet?

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 11:21 AM PST

    currently staying at a hotel overseas...

    if all I want is to plug the Apple TV to the hotel TV and watch videos on my iPhone via AirPlay, do I just need to get a wifi router? does the router need to have internet?

    the videos play fine on my iPhone. the video streaming services that I use are also playing fine.(using VPN, so it doesn't think that I'm in Israel) The hotel TV has an unused HDMI port.

    Thanks !

    submitted by /u/OnePlinko
    [link] [comments]

    What is the proper way to turn off Apple TV

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 09:11 PM PST

    When I turn off my Apple 4K TV using the Siri Remote, is it sufficient to just long-press the HOME button while watching something streamed (like YouTube TV) and then pressing the trackpad to put the Apple TV and everything attached to it to sleep?

    Or should I press the MENU button several times to get back to the Apple TV main UI and then proceed as described above? I want to make sure I've stopped all streaming before I shut everything off to make sure I'm not using bandwidth while the Apple TV is off. I'm reasonably sure that either way I'm not using bandwidth, but wanted to ask to make sure. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/larrymcj
    [link] [comments]

    Blank icons

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 06:26 PM PST

    Ever since Installing Dandara & Crypt of the NecroDancer on my AppleTV 4K (A1842) each has had the blank and nearly blank icons seen here:

    https://i.imgur.com/oVz6iDq.jpg

    I've deleted, moved into & out of folders, reinstalled, and restarted the AppleTV trying to get them to draw or download. I'm hoping someone has seen this before and can tell me if resetting the AppleTV will fix it?

    I'd be buggered to reset it and still have them present this way (many GB to download everything again), so I'm hoping someone else who has experienced this and resolved it can share how they fixed it.

    And if someone know's "why" this happens or what causes it, I'd appreciate knowing too! No other App has presented this issue on my AppleTV, and my Google-fu is failing me.

    submitted by /u/Psy-Phi
    [link] [comments]

    auto-logout of Netflix profile on AppleTV app?

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 02:06 PM PST

    Is there a way to have Netflix automatically logout profiles and ask "who's watching?" every time it starts up on AppleTV? Other TVs do this with their apps. I don't want my roommates' shows coming up in my 'continue watching' section because they're too lazy to use their own profile. Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/lepontneuf
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV 4k cec problem

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 10:50 AM PST

    I'm not sure this is the right place to ask but... Ice set up my Apple TV cec and it works almost perfectly... Putting it to sleep turns off the tv as expected, waking up Apple TV, however makes the red light of the tv go blue as if it were turning on, but then after a second or so it goes black to red and the tv won't turn on, weirdly at this point I can press any button on the Apple TV remote and it will finally trigger the tv to turn on..

    My suspect: maybe when the Apple TV turns on it shuts down the signal to adjust the format (I got match hdr on (fps off) and so the tv tries to turn on but then it detects no signal and stops... Am I on the right track?

    Any ideas? Am I missing something?

    submitted by /u/eltharynd
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV Profiles

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 01:23 PM PST

    So, I have a profile set up on my iCloud for me - the adults in the house so when I go onto the Apple TV app the shows are all of the grown up shows in up next and added etc

    I have another profile set up for my daughter for her shows.

    Question: Has anyone else done this? And if yes, is there any way to stop accidental cross overs?

    Sometimes, If my daughter has been watching some cartoons, I log into my profile and it brings up all of the grown up shows I have added and to continue watching, but sometimes it will include cartoons my daughter has been watching.

    submitted by /u/Ryanireland1210
    [link] [comments]

    Apple 4K atmos still needs to be fixed!

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 12:43 PM PST

    It's not really a problem for me anymore since I got my Panasonic 4KUHD... But it still bothers me and I find it odd that many people haven't noticed the audio bug with atmos and HDR enabled causing audio pops... it's faint but it's definitely noticeable, I've extensively texted this with multiple Apple TV's receivers cables and set ups. It's across the board when atmos and HDR are enabled the problem exist, when HDR is off the audio bug is gone. Comparing directly to 4KUHD the audio quality is ok but the popping sound just is unacceptable. This is not something you will hear with a sound bar and again it's exclusive to atmos and hdr being enabled. I've made a formal complaint to Apple and it got upgraded to engineering, I sent them audio clips and demos of the bug and a sample without the bug when HDR is disabled.

    That being said I only buy movies on 4KUHD now, and I get a digital copy with movies anywhere anyways. I use my Blu-ray player for streaming too now since this bug can be heard in Netflix and amazon prime at times on the Apple TV... my Apple TV in its current state is just being used for music streaming which is fantastic for music streaming but it's suppose to be the best movie streamer on the market, it is not in its current state. I wish more audio enthusiast would take notice and make a bigger stink.

    submitted by /u/Paranimal
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a better way to pause the YouTube app?

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 11:18 AM PST

    Literally I have to hit the middle button , scroll down to pause which always causes the app to stutter , so annoying.

    submitted by /u/brockzilla82
    [link] [comments]

    Choppy gradients in YouTube

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 07:57 AM PST

    For some time now, I have had problems in YouTube with the display of color gradients, such as those caused by a simple vignette. In the past, these were always smooth, but recently they have become choppy. The whole thing only affects YouTube and no other apps (as far as I could determine so far).

    Does anybody have this problem and could find a solution for it?

    Important info: I have a normal 4K TV without HDR. It also affects videos that were not uploaded as HDR.

    Update: Ok, this is ridiculous. I just tried to Airplay a YouTube video to my Apple TV and it looks fine. When I start the same video via the YouTube app, the gradients are choppy again. So Google definitely fucked up in the app.

    submitted by /u/kiwi-kaiser
    [link] [comments]

    Er why should I still be subscribing to TV+?

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 04:27 AM PST

    Is Apple TV+ going as expected for Apple?

    There's virtually no new content and doesn't seem to be much more on the immediate horizon? Is this going to plan for Apple?

    Surely they had hoped for more by now?

    I just can't justify the £4.99 a month. Even if small, I'd rather put it towards Disney+ !

    Morning Show was great but not a lot else going on.

    EDIT: To the people saying "just cancel then" - you're missing the point of this thread. Obviously il cancel, but Apple won't want me to. Let's discuss the state of TV+.

    submitted by /u/selfstartr
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel