• Breaking News

    Wednesday, January 15, 2020

    Apple TV Apple TV apps and NFL Games

    Apple TV Apple TV apps and NFL Games


    Apple TV apps and NFL Games

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 08:00 PM PST

    I'm sure this has been beaten to death already, but I am looking to cut cable as we never use it for anything but NFL games. Here is my question:

    I have logins from my parents house to their cable, as their service is in my name and I pay the bill. Just love at a different address.

    Will Apple TV allow me to watch all of my home games using the following apps?

    FOX or Fox Sports NBC or NBC Sports CBS All Access NFL Network - includes Redzone ESPN

    Will the above apps with logins actually work to allow viewing of all home games, Mon and Thursday night games? Or do any of these Live TV apps blackout nfl games when on Apple TV?

    I know NFL Network/ Redzone will work, and fairly certain CBS All Access and ESPN will work. Unsure of NBC Sports and if CBS All Access will for sure let me watch my local game.

    Anyone with experience who can chime in will be much appreciated!

    submitted by /u/MayoGhul
    [link] [comments]

    Hulu starts video, buffers eternally - Apple TV 4K

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 09:25 PM PST

    Welp, it's not just YouTube causing weird issues on my new Apple TV 4K. Whenever I start a video on Hulu (not live; just normal streaming), it'll load the beginning card, then buffer without actually playing. Hulu on other devices on the same network, though, works fine. Force-closing Hulu and restarting the modem/router and Apple TV does nothing. Is there an issue with Hulu on Apple TV 4K? The most recent thing I found searching the sub was for previous gen Apple TVs. Netflix did the same thing, though, making me think it might not be Hulu itself.

    Sadly, I can't try hardwiring the Apple TV; the only Ethernet port available to me is upstairs, and since I'm in a rental house, I can't change the wiring. I'm tempted to do a factory reset or even try and exchange the unit...

    submitted by /u/tinyhipsterboy
    [link] [comments]

    Is PCM better than Dolby Digital?

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 08:33 AM PST

    I'm trying to decide which to turn on in the tv settings.

    submitted by /u/Professor_-
    [link] [comments]

    Any tvOS developers here?

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 03:35 PM PST

    Can you help me understand what a 'Connected App' does?

    • Some display shows in 'Up Next' at the OS level (TV+ & Netflix) when their app is selected.
    • Some support 'Up Next' within the TV App (not Netflix)
    • Some, but not all, show up as 'Channels' in TV App.
    • Some appear to have different levels of integration depending on where you subscribe to them.

    Why so different?

    Is this under the control of the individual App or tvOS?

    submitted by /u/jasg70
    [link] [comments]

    ATV Problems with Photos

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 09:52 AM PST

    We have a shared Photos album called "Family". Everybody in our family can add photos to this album. In turn, this album feeds ATV screensavers all over our house so that all of our screens are always showing tons of great pictures.

    However, in our bedroom, our ATV (which is Model A1469 or a 3rd Generation, Rev A and is running Software version 7.4) doesn't recognize this album. I can't set it to be the screensaver album, I can't make a slideshow out of it in the "iCloud Photos" app, and it doesn't even APPEAR in any of the menus anywhere where you select an album. (Interestingly, the ATV 4K we have in another room RECOGNIZES this album, but doesn't do a very good job of randomizing the photos is shows from that album. Instead, we tend to see the same 6 pictures over and over again.)

    One hypothesis I'm working with is that this album is just too big. It has close to 4,000 pictures in it. One troubleshooting step would definitely be to pick the BEST pictures out of the Family album, move them to a new album, and see if that improves the situation. But before I do that, I wanted to solicit advice from the crowd.

    Anybody have any knowledge or insight about this problem? Does anybody know about any limits on the size of an album that will work with an ATV?

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/doebtown
    [link] [comments]

    Audio cutting out frequently on some YouTube channels

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 09:51 PM PST

    So far only seems to affect Extra Credits that I've found so far, it almost seems like someone is flickering a light switch, only for audio. Seems to cut out in the same places all the time, so I wonder if the app is failing to handle an audio codec... it's like every second word gets muted.

    Audio is fine on Desktop, so it's not that they have spotty audio normally.

    submitted by /u/jabrwock1
    [link] [comments]

    Checkra1n Jailbreak Windows : ra1nUSB Tool

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 11:08 PM PST

    Apple TV Users disappearing

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 04:50 AM PST

    It's been happening on all our Apple TVs. I have them all set up with my own Apple ID and users were added via Home app. I double checked and all users have Show Me on Apple TV turned on, but the user is not added to any of them. It's so strange, it was working perfectly fine and all of a sudden started to disappear one by one.

    Is anyone else having this issue?

    submitted by /u/Advanced_Path
    [link] [comments]

    Best option to watch democratic debate tonight?

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 04:01 PM PST

    Any tips on best app for free livestream of the debates tonight?

    submitted by /u/mxdalloway
    [link] [comments]

    Do you think Apple TV+ original content is a reflection of Apple as a company?

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 03:02 PM PST

    TiVo now has Netflix integrated into it's new OS. How did they beat Apple to this?

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 12:27 PM PST

    Netflix is now part of TiVo's "My Shows" section which is their version of Up Next. Also, Netflix shows can now be launched with Tivo's voice command feature. These are features we've all been wanting on our AppleTV's, but are nowhere in sight. How did TiVo beat Apple to this?

    Sources: https://explore.tivo.com/how-to/my-shows#top https://support.tivo.com/articles/Knowledge/TiVo-Voice-Command

    submitted by /u/wurkaccount
    [link] [comments]

    FREE IPTV app recommendations

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 08:28 AM PST

    Can you recommend some FREE apps for watching iptv on apple tv?

    submitted by /u/minionok
    [link] [comments]

    Siri won't use Netflix to stream.

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 07:57 AM PST

    I keep trying to say Play X on Netflix and it opens Viafree or iTunes or whatever but never netflix. i can say open Netflix and it works but then if i say play Friends it will open something else.. how can I fix this?

    submitted by /u/Friendofabook
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel