• Breaking News

    Saturday, January 18, 2020

    Apple Macbook MacBook Advice - Upgrading

    Apple Macbook MacBook Advice - Upgrading


    MacBook Advice - Upgrading

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 04:26 PM PST

    Hello! I recently was given a MacBook Pro 13" 2017 model, no Touch Bar + 256gb SSD, with <50 battery cycles for $500. My current everyday laptop is an early 2015 13" MBP 128gb. Initially, I planned to sell the new one and make a quick ~$500-600 profit off of it -- but now, I am wondering if I should just snag it for myself. Not being able to charge and still have two ports does bug me, but the only actual port I will be missing is the built-in HDMI. What do you guys think? Should I keep the older and make the profit, or keep the newer and try to cover the $500 with the older one?

    Edit: Though I don't intend to make my decision strictly off of this, I did compare League on both machines and the newer one gets about twice as much frames as the older. This is the main reason for making the post, because I could not believe that there was such a large performance increase on a relatively similar-specced machine. The extra 128gb is also very enticing.

    submitted by /u/chubscout
    [link] [comments]

    love my MacBook Air so much!!

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 04:51 AM PST

    so... I got this MacBook Air 2017 model by my dad as a gift when he had to take my dell laptop. I was frustrated with windows, it would constantly get slow day after day, and I'd be clearing cache, defragment, doing reinstalls, etc. I even went as far as to ditch it and install linux(ubuntu, linux mint) which worked for a while... but the laptop was simply way too slow even though it had really modest specs (i7 5500u, hd 5500).

    Now, on topic. this laptop... what can I say. It's. Damn. Fast.

    The boot up is so BLOODY fast that it literally cured my depression in an instant. MacOS in general feels so clean and user friendly to me. I mainly use word processing and browsing software, and I'll listen to some music as well. the MacBook came preinstalled with the stuff I needed, pages, safari, and iTunes. The build quality is also another plus point. It's simple. It's high quality. THere's no stupid stickers slapped on it, the build is aluminium which helps in heat dissipation, the glowing apple logo is a nice touch, and the keyboard and trackpad are really nice to use. In fact it's the first time I've ever appreciated using a trackpad.

    Oh, and... I was scratching my head for 2 sleepless nights trying to figure out why MacOS Catalina wouldn't install in internet recovery mode as it kept showing errors a few hours into the download, which turned out to be a ridiculously annoying bug that I still don't know anything about :( so I ended up reinstalling Mojave and restoring all my documents.

    For now, I'll stick with Mojave.

    All in all... very neat machine that is straight to the point and gives the user a nice experience.

    that's all I gotta say. peace

    submitted by /u/sunsetsheepie
    [link] [comments]

    I just got a great deal on a refurbished MacBook Air 2015 from eBay. Any tips and tricks I should know?

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 06:05 PM PST

    This will be my first MacBook. I'm very excited for it to arrive. I know it's not the newest model, but money's tight and a $450 discount really helped spur me. Is there any tips I should know to set it up or use it? I have an Apple Watch gen 3, iPhone 8 and airpods pro

    submitted by /u/IcyNarwhal116
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Pro sleeps when putting iPad on top of macbook's keyboard

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 03:14 PM PST

    I just found out that I can put my macbook to sleep by putting an iPad on top of my macbook's keyboard. Is this a feature? What is it called and where can I read more about it?

    submitted by /u/SolaceBliss
    [link] [comments]

    There are many rumors about ARM Mac. Is it right time to get an Intel Macbook?

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 03:04 PM PST

    How was your experience with the last generation Power macbook? (Software compatibility/update, OS update, hardware drivers, etc)

    I'm considering macbook pro for the first time. But little bit worried I'm buying an outdated product if I buy it now.

    submitted by /u/z49rk
    [link] [comments]

    Mac fan controller

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 02:46 PM PST

    I have a 13-inch 2017 MacBook Pro, and I'm wondering what the best app to control the fan speed and be able to see the temperature of it is, Thanks.

    submitted by /u/IAmNateBekin
    [link] [comments]

    Bought a brand new 2019 13 inch macbook pro, after setup i tested the battery and its showing 91% peak, should i take it to apple and get a replacement ?

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 12:21 PM PST

    2015 12-inch MacBook life expectancy?

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 12:16 PM PST

    I have had the 2015 12-inch MacBook since Aug. 2015, and I love this thing. The battery shows "service battery" and I think it'll cost me $199. How many more years do you think I can get out of this thing? I absolutely love this laptop, and it does everything I need, so I really am tempted to fix the battery and keep it going for a few more years. Only question is, is there some other component (hard drive, motherboard, etc.) that is likely to fail soon which I won't be able to easily/cheaply fix? Believe it or not, this is my primary laptop (so everything important is on here, and regularly backed up to Time Machine), so I don't want to be surprised with a suddenly dead laptop. Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/superman1020
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Pro 16in hot from just watching youtube

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 11:55 AM PST

    I purchased a new Macbook pro 16in 32GB RAM 8 core -i9 before Christmas. I've been using it regularly and from just watching youtube, the bottom and palm rest will get pretty warm to being hot.

    I've used my girlfriend's macbook as well as my work macbook and it doesn't have the same issue.

    I haven't installed or ran anything that intensive on it yet as I normally use it for development, but want to know if this is normal for the new 16 inches before I do anything else.

    Here's a pic of all my temps from just having a few tabs open. My RAM is already using 11-13GB and most of it is Chrome

    https://imgur.com/a/fKt61Ke

    submitted by /u/CarlTysonHydrogen
    [link] [comments]

    [HELP ME] major f*** up attempting to format

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 11:29 AM PST

    Hi.

    Today I've decided that I wanted to format my Macbook and give it a fresh install. The naive me thought the process would be similar to windows, so after hitting recovery mode I went to the disk partition park and click erase to both disks showing at the top (I can't recall the original names). Then I actually right clicked those same disks and hit delete (thinking this would be like windows, where you can delete all the disks and then hit fresh install).

    I was then left with the following disks:

    Internal disks:

    • Apple SSD APO256J Media
      • No name

    Image disks:

    • Apple disk image Media
      • OS X Base System

    But then, when I go to Recover OS and hit continue, I get an error message. It's in Portuguese, but it basically says "the information of the installer on the recovery server is damaged".

    Now I'm absolutely clueless on how to fix this. Hope I can get some help from the community.

    submitted by /u/hp33604
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Pro full screen apps keep changing sides from right to left

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 09:17 AM PST

    I'm having an issue since I installed Catalina. I always keep my safari browsers in full screen on the right side. Aka I swipe right and it brings me to safari. However since Catalina safari will randomly move to the left side so I have to swipe left to get to it. Making it small then full screen again puts it back in the correct right side position. Is anyone else seeing this issue? I have turned off "Automatically rearrange spaces based on most recent use" this has done nothing to fix the issue though.

    submitted by /u/Little1257
    [link] [comments]

    Officially switching from Windows to MacOS. Anything I should know? Any recommendations based on my needs?

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 01:02 PM PST

    So I'm looking to get a MacBook Pro 2019. I plan to use this mostly for school and for programming. I will be using Microsoft Office applications primarily Excel and Word (which I use 365) I plan to use game development software such as Unity. I program a lot in python. So my main question is: what applications from Windows might I miss? What can I not natively do on my MBP without adding Windows ?

    Is a MBP a good option for someone like myself who will be doing programming, software and app development, and data mining/data science/machine learning type things ?

    Also - is 256gb of storage enough for the type of things I want to do?

    submitted by /u/damonian_x
    [link] [comments]

    Butterfly keycaps "jiggly"/moving around

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 06:41 AM PST

    So I recently got the Topcase of my 2018 Macbook Pro 15" replaced cause my apple service provider had scratched while repairing my display.

    Everything's fine, but I noticed, that the keycaps move about 1mm left/right and forward/backward when you just lay your fingers on them. Is this normal and I just didn't notice it before or is this a faulty keyboard?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/admkngs
    [link] [comments]

    HELP! What cable?

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 06:17 AM PST

    What cable do i need for charging a new Macbook Air?

    Is it just a simple USB-C 3.1 to a USB-C 3.1?

    submitted by /u/Sw4pZ
    [link] [comments]

    Is the Butterfly Keyboard as bad as people say?

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 05:18 AM PST

    I'm looking to save some money and buy a 2017 MacBook, and was wondering how people feel about the butterfly keyboard all these years after it has been introduced. I know they went back to the original keyboard, so it's evident that the butterfly wasn't the most popular option. Are they really as bad as some people make them out to be?

    submitted by /u/yanksfan0134
    [link] [comments]

    Ram Upgrade? Late 2013

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 03:15 AM PST

    Ram Upgrade? Late 2013

    Hi guys

    Quick question, I'm using macbook pro late 2013 (I love it and I would like to keep it!).
    But lately the laptop is running slow. I deleted cache and some useless applications I've never used (garageband, imovie and many others) and now it seems a bit better.
    Anyway, I was thinking about buying a new laptop but it seems all entry models have dual core, like the one I'm currently using.

    Do you think upgrade to 16gb ram or even 32gb ram is the best choice? Or should I just wait for new models?
    I've been using the laptop mostly for browsing and data - no gaming or photoshop at all.

    Thanks in advance!!

    https://preview.redd.it/6n4nibqfrib41.png?width=534&format=png&auto=webp&s=63abea2a41c581d334ebc69a9ebe9336466647ad

    Safari and Chrome openned playing 1 youtube video each browser.
    Spotify also playing music on background.

    https://preview.redd.it/kus250hwsib41.png?width=1200&format=png&auto=webp&s=cea4137c5297ea37578e0211207f0c60ab9d7766

    https://preview.redd.it/sd7wmzgwsib41.png?width=1200&format=png&auto=webp&s=2110a16a4c8873f7491de184ca2b5f704fd3d853

    submitted by /u/Miloborges
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Pro lost in Aussie bushfires with no proof of purchase...

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 01:01 AM PST

    Hey guys. So I recently purchased and subsequently lost my brand new MacBook Pro (the 2019 16 inch model) in the Australian bushfires.

    It was literally brand new, still in the box and unopened as I didn't plan on using it until I moved to Europe in March. It was was going to be my main machine so that I could do Audio production work whilst travelling and living abroad.

    My main concern is that because machine was unopened, not set up and the proof of purchase receipts burnes in the fire I have no record my me even owning the computer... I've contacted apple on phone support and because of the lack of evidence of purchase they're unable to do anything. They were very patient and understanding howere.

    I really cant afford to spend another $4000 on a laptop so before I resign myself to the devastating idea of simply not getting a new one i thought id check on here with you guys to see if you had.any other suggestions for else I can do. Kind of lost.at the moment and hoping something pops up.

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/PrickIsAWonker
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel