• Breaking News

    Wednesday, January 8, 2020

    Apple Macbook Apple said Bluetooth 4.2, my MacBook Air 2019 said Bluetooth 5.0

    Apple Macbook Apple said Bluetooth 4.2, my MacBook Air 2019 said Bluetooth 5.0


    Apple said Bluetooth 4.2, my MacBook Air 2019 said Bluetooth 5.0

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 05:28 PM PST

    Are the 16" Macbook Pro upgrades worth it?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 12:42 PM PST

    Hi everybody, I'm asking as many people as possible for advice, because I am a bit lost. I intend to buy a new 16" Macbook Pro soon and I'm wondering if the extra RAM and GPU upgrades are worth it. My goal is to have a laptop that works well in about 5 years, not just now (of course).

    The base model is €2700 and it has 16GB RAM and a AMD Radeon Pro 5300M with 4GB.

    The 32GB RAM upgrade is an extra €480(!). The AMD Radeon Pro 5500M with 8 GB is an extra €240.

    For work, I need: Vectorworks, Sketchup, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and Adobe InDesign. I also use Premiere Pro, After Effects, Lightroom and some other programs that are less intensive. I've played around with Rhino / Grasshopper and that may continue in the future. I don't really play games.

    16GB RAM and the GeForce GT 750M are currently serving me okay, but for instance, sometimes InDesign is very choppy, with larger documents. Is extra RAM and a better GPU worth it? Or perhaps even the CPU?

    All advice is appreciated. Thank you!

    P.s. I also just found out it's technically about €100 cheaper for me to fly to Halifax this weekend and buy the laptop there, than to buy it here, haha.

    submitted by /u/flobin
    [link] [comments]

    The need for speed...finally!

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 05:04 PM PST

    Contemplating whether to upgrade my mid-2012 MBP or buy new. I opted to upgrade and what a difference in speed.

    • 16 gb RAM
    • 1 tb SSD

    This thing flies! I am thrilled. All for a few hundred dollars vs. who knows how much the new 16"ers cost.

    Food for thought.

    submitted by /u/sleazzyweasel
    [link] [comments]

    Certified refurbished 16 inch Macbook Pro

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 09:11 PM PST

    How long does it usually take for new Apple products to get to the refurbished store? I really don't want to spend $3200 on a new Macbook Pro because this model is not upgradable. Also, $3200 is a bit insane. I'm looking to get the 1TB model + 8 core i9 processor with 32 GB of RAM (instead of 16 GB). How much do you think it's going to go for in the refurbished store? Are the discounts usually significant?

    I'm a graphic designer and I'm thinking of possibly getting into photo retouching, video editing and animation. Is it worth spending even more $$$$$$ on upgrading the graphics card from 4GB of GDDR6 memory to 8GB?

    submitted by /u/redditgirlwz
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Pro 2017 onwards

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 12:42 PM PST

    I know several topics have been started about this and as for myself at this point I'm just gonna cut my losses and go back to Linux and learn to live with the always half way done GPL/GNU stuff, cause paying 3k for this kind of piece of shit of computer is just nuts, I got the lately 2016 or early 2017 (Not sure) MBP 15.6" with the unbelievably useless touchbar I couldn't avoid to get cause at that moment there was no model without it available, so I ended up putting some tape over to avoid constantly pressing the wrong fucking emoji or whatever shitty useless button some asshole developer decided to place there with... guess what?? no option to modify!!! neways, 1 dollar tape for a 1000 dollar touchbar did the trick, not so much of a problem compared with the issues of the wonderful and exquisitely designed keyboard and having a 256gb hard drive on a so called "pro" machine that may also provide a hot enough surface for you to cook your eggs and bacon while you are editing your < 4k video (remember you only have 256gb) but once you have left all those things behind you are pretty much ok.... unless of course your usb-c dongles are missing, got messed up again or as mines did after the firsts 3 months your ports decided stop liking every device so now you need to start buying new cables, new adapters, new dongles, every 3 weeks or you won't be able to even connect the usb drive where you now store 99% of all the things that really matter to you making your MBP a mere accessory (256gbs remember?)

    3 damned years and everything has failed, Now the trackpad is failing and of course I've also got ghost shades in my screen, like lots of them, don't know why and I don't think I will wait to the next replacement program, I did get my keyboard changed for a decent one, but seriously, this has been by far the worse computer I ever had in my life, the most expensive piece of shit I ever had.

    I really wish Tim Cook could read these words, cause I can hardly imagine an educated person, and I mean a seriously educated not a just highschool graduate(no offense), I can hardly imagine an educated person to inherit the amazing work of Steve Jobs and deliver this poorly made and mediocre products, do you really feel proud about yourself?

    Do you think it's worth it to keep throwing money away with the new mbp's 16" ?

    I'm seriously considering hackingtosh on any aluminum machine

    What do you think?

    submitted by /u/Syrah3000
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Air 2015 setup?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 03:49 PM PST

    I have had the MacBook Air 2015 for about 2 years now and I am studying at University, I received a Razer Ornata keyboard and a Razer Mouse which are both wired and not wireless. My question is what sort of monitor would you recommend with a 300€ budget (preferably 27") and what sort of wires would be needed, can I connect the keyboard and mouse to the monitor is some sort of way so that it received the signal or am I supposed to connect it directly to my laptop? Thanks in advance,

    submitted by /u/marc157
    [link] [comments]

    Apple should make a MacBook Pro 16 inch without GPU!

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 07:21 PM PST

    This is purely for those who are using the 16inch just to get that extra screen real estate that is missing from the 13inch model. The GPU isn't even used in that case because most of the time is either reading or coding which is not using the GPU since, no cuda. And by doing this maybe bring the price down a bit as well. But if I remember correctly there was such a model before the touchbar era with the Retina display. Microsoft surface lineup did this as well, a purely 15inch surface without a GPU. What do you guys think?

    submitted by /u/thnok
    [link] [comments]

    Help with usb c hubs

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 02:36 PM PST

    Hello everyone,

    Like i said in the title i need some help with buying a usb-c hub, i want to use this hub to put my macbook in a stand and use a mouse, a second display and a usb-c flash drive connected on the hub and onde the macbook, all at the same time.

    i was looking on Aliexpress and found a few ones that have those ports, but i don't know which one to choose because one uses one usb-c port and the other uses both of them, which one should i get? I will leave the images of the hubs.

    1st which uses one port: https://imgur.com/a/3OGtsvM

    2nd which uses both ports: https://imgur.com/a/3dH60pF

    Thank you in advance for the help!

    submitted by /u/JustALittlePoro
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Pro w/ touch bar restarting every time when im inactive for +/- 10 minutes, need help.

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 10:01 AM PST

    Multiple Desktops on a Mac

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 07:00 AM PST

    How to change name Multiple Desktops on a Mac?

    submitted by /u/secmehmet
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Pro 16in (2019): Do I need a cooling pad with fans if I'm gaming?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 12:38 AM PST

    I recently purchased the new 16in Macbook Pro, and when playing strategy games (nothing too intense), the back of the Macbook gets quite hot. Should I bother trying to counteract this? Is a simple stand to lift it off a flat surface fine, or should I invest in a cooling pad with fans?

    Presumably if I game, and it continuously heats up like this, won't it get damaged? Mind you this is brand new.

    Any recommendations for a brand of cooling pad/stand would be most welcome. Thanks!

    Also, I'm using bootcamp.

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/The_Turk2
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Pro 16" Unboxing & First Impressions – Happy New Year!

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 01:00 PM PST

    How Can I Enable/Disable Bluetooth From Lockscreen?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 01:46 AM PST

    I've the 2018 13" TB model and its irritating not been able to disable bluetooth or disconnect a bluetooth device from lock screen or vice versa.
    Is there a shortcut that I don't know about?

    submitted by /u/r33sh123
    [link] [comments]

    please help!!

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 01:18 AM PST

    i bought a second hand macbook pro, and i tried to reset and everything, and i ended up on a wifi screen with a spinning globe

    i put in my password and it takes me back to the first screen where i put my password in

    it keeps on doing this; please help !!!!

    submitted by /u/dodger525768
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel