• Breaking News

    Wednesday, January 15, 2020

    Apple Help this randomly popped up on my watch, that's not my AppleId.

    Apple Help this randomly popped up on my watch, that's not my AppleId.


    this randomly popped up on my watch, that's not my AppleId.

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 01:24 PM PST

    Got a MBP 16" and curious about maintaining optimal battery health/performance...

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 12:06 PM PST

    So I got it it for my day job and for personal projects. At work I use it for 8 hours straight and have been leaving it plugged in. I know with my 2007 MBP 15" it was good practice to unplug it and let the battery drain all the way every week to two weeks. With new battery tech, I'm curious, what is the best practice?

    submitted by /u/SilGelPhoto
    [link] [comments]

    Can an iTunes gift card be used for a subscription?

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 08:27 PM PST

    If I wanted to purchase a yearly subscription for an app, can I use a gift card or does it have to be a credit card?

    submitted by /u/morgenshadow
    [link] [comments]

    I think I have a failing GPU, can anyone confirm this?(screencap included)

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 12:16 PM PST

    I think the GPU on my mid 2013 iMac is starting to fail. Whenever I open Logic X and try to change things in the menu options the overlay of the menu appears as shown in the screencap below. Also, the majority of the games I run on this iMac crash after a few minutes of runtime. This started about a month ago and it's getting progressively worse over time.

    I'd appreciate any input from any user on here who's seen similar issues.

    https://preview.redd.it/o0ekg7sd20b41.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=689eaf9712db4b3b9cb59977b59b759161bd83c6

    submitted by /u/Nyzrok
    [link] [comments]

    App Store issue (apps not showing up)

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 09:57 PM PST

    Hey,

    I had the popular app "Holla" on my phone, deleted it by accident and when I went to reinstall it said not available in my region... I am in the USA, and have checked all my settings and they all set for America.

    What could be the issue?

    Edit: I'm on iPhone 11, latest update.

    submitted by /u/BMWDriverDaily
    [link] [comments]

    Very tiny spec under glass screen. Return ?

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 09:53 PM PST

    So this is my second one with the same problem. Although this one is a little smaller. It looks like a very tiny spec of a metal shaving about the size of a pinhead underneath the glass. Smaller than a pixel. I can't see it when the screen is on, only when it's off and i shine a light on it.

    Should i gamble again and return it ? Is this acceptable ?

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/babygorilla90
    [link] [comments]

    Signed into an apple id that doesn't exist

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 06:06 PM PST

    I am signed into my mothers old apple id that no longer exists. She can't remember the password for it, and when I tried to search for the ID on iforgot, it says "no apple id found". I keep getting notifications from settings to sign in but I can't.

    submitted by /u/TheProofZ21
    [link] [comments]

    Do cellphone carriers offer payment plans as soon as new iPhones are released?

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 09:49 PM PST

    I know that this is not necessarily related to Apple, but I was wondering if they do.

    When the new iPhone 12 comes out in September, will all carriers offer plans right away or is it usually just one company doing it or what?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/theritualmurder
    [link] [comments]

    Friend gave me an iPad (his father passed), trying to bypass the activation lock?

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 09:35 PM PST

    I have the access to the email and the phone number, which is asked for when doing the "Forgot Your Password" thing. Even with both of those things, I still cannot get a password reset. I am refusing to bring a fucking death certificate into a retail store to unlock this item. Is there really no other way?

    submitted by /u/Difascio
    [link] [comments]

    MCP Choppy/sluggish when dragging windows

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 09:19 PM PST

    I have a 2017 MBP 13 inch, and when draggin windows around, I can visible see the stutter in animations, and all around it feels "laggy" or "sluggish" and not smooth at all. I am not sure if this is recent behavior or not.

    submitted by /u/surroundedmoon
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Storage Not Adding Up

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 09:01 AM PST

    In attempting to clean up my almost full 250gb hard drive on Mac, with 128gb being "other", I was looking through my folder sizes to find the culprit for this "other" storage. Here's where I am lost: under the /Users folder and, /Edod folder shows 222gb of storage. However, when I check the folder sizes (Applications, Desktop, Documents, Downloads, etc...) I am only adding up to about 90gb of storage. Can anyone please explain this ?

    submitted by /u/Edod
    [link] [comments]

    Everything blurry when connecting to external monitor

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 08:55 PM PST

    I have been trying to connect my MBP to my external monitor( Acer Predator XB271HU), which has a max resolution of 1440p, but when connected, everything looks extremely fuzzy, even with font smoothing on, and the correct resolution set. I am using this HDMI cable:

    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074FDFK2J/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

    and this adapter to connect it:

    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PPGWQ15/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

    Am I missing something here? Should I have gotten just a usb-c to display port adapter instead?

    submitted by /u/surroundedmoon
    [link] [comments]

    I have an iPhone 8 Plus and enough storage?

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 08:50 PM PST

    Fastest possible iphone internet speeds

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 08:20 PM PST

    What are max iphone speeds capped at and what are the best setups to achieve the fastest results. I assumed iphone ethernet connectors would provide the fastest speeds however i can only find models which state that they support 10/100 mbps connection speeds which is not substantially higher than what i normally get connected to wifi at around 90 mbps upload speeds and 70 mbps download speeds. Is this the fastest that an iphone can have connection speeds at or would high end wifi setups provide faster results. Are there any alternatives or ethernet adapters with higher speeds or solutions i am missing? What would provide the fastest setup?

    submitted by /u/Mikedebenedictis
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone X (2017) won't power on

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 08:18 PM PST

    Had it for a year and a half and yesterday it was charging fine (turned off) but then after I unplugged it would not power on.

    submitted by /u/KnightofSol
    [link] [comments]

    Playback (not library) in Apple Music not syncing across devices.

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 04:20 PM PST

    Hey everyone, I just switched from Spotify to Apple Music and I'm having issues with all of my devices syncing playback. For example, if I play a song on my laptop - I'd like to be able to control it when I'm out of the room, either with my phone or watch. Yet my other devices only show the last song that was played on that device.

    Spotify would have one single playback across my phone and desktop app. Does Apple Music not work this way?

    submitted by /u/bfoto
    [link] [comments]

    The metal part on the cap of my Apple Pencil comes off when I take the cap off and sticks to the pencil

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 02:01 PM PST

    ive been trying to use quickstart to transfer my data from one ipad to another, but its been an hour and its doing this. i have previously tried using quickstart over the past few days but have had no luck. does anybody know what to do?

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 07:52 PM PST

    Incorrect Language Displays When Logged into Apple Subscriptions

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 07:42 PM PST

    Steps:

    1. Launch iTunes
    2. Verify that user is logged into iTunes Store
    3. Account --> View My Account --> Purchase History

    EXPECTED: UI displays in English.

    ACTUAL: UI displays in an unknown language.

    Screenshot attached.

    Note: date range dropdown menu displays in English as expected

    I am running iTunes v 12.10.3.1

    Device information below.

    Attempted fix: Uninstall iTunes using Should I Remove It. Remove remaining traces of iTunes using CCleaner. Update Windows. Restart PC. Download and install new instance of iTunes from the Windows Store using a link I followed from apple.com/itunes

    If I am posting in the incorrect sub, I apologize. Please direct me to the correct place to post if this is not it.

    Thank you.

    -----------------------------

    OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

    OS Version: 10.0.18363 N/A Build 18363

    OS Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation

    OS Configuration: Standalone Workstation

    OS Build Type: Multiprocessor Free

    Registered Owner: Windows User

    Original Install Date: 7/9/2019, 2:41:30 PM

    System Boot Time: 1/15/2020, 8:08:56 PM

    System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.

    System Model: Precision T1650

    System Type: x64-based PC

    Processor(s): 1 Processor(s) Installed.

    [01]: Intel64 Family 6 Model 58 Stepping 9 GenuineIntel ~3401 Mhz

    BIOS Version: Dell Inc. A11, 1/10/2013

    Windows Directory: C:\WINDOWS

    System Directory: C:\WINDOWS\system32

    Boot Device: \Device\HarddiskVolume1

    System Locale: en-us;English (United States)

    Input Locale: en-us;English (United States)

    Time Zone: (UTC-07:00) Mountain Time (US & Canada)

    Total Physical Memory: 16,338 MB

    Available Physical Memory: 10,346 MB

    Virtual Memory: Max Size: 18,770 MB

    Virtual Memory: Available: 12,524 MB

    Virtual Memory: In Use: 6,246 MB

    Page File Location(s): C:\pagefile.sys

    Domain: WORKGROUP

    Hotfix(s): 12 Hotfix(s) Installed.

    [01]: KB4532938

    [02]: KB4503308

    [03]: KB4508433

    [04]: KB4509096

    [05]: KB4515383

    [06]: KB4516115

    [07]: KB4517245

    [08]: KB4520390

    [09]: KB4521863

    [10]: KB4524569

    [11]: KB4528759

    [12]: KB4528760

    Network Card(s): 2 NIC(s) Installed.

    [01]: Intel(R) 82579LM Gigabit Network Connection

    Connection Name: Ethernet

    DHCP Enabled: Yes

    DHCP Server: 255.255.255.255

    IP address(es)

    [01]: 169.254.138.65

    [02]: fe80::41fe:e823:3c3e:8a41

    [02]: ASUS PCE-AC68 802.11ac Network Adapter

    Connection Name: Wi-Fi

    DHCP Enabled: Yes

    DHCP Server: 192.168.1.1

    IP address(es)

    [01]: 192.168.1.7

    [02]: fe80::8cf6:1896:1161:8b17

    Hyper-V Requirements: VM Monitor Mode Extensions: Yes

    Virtualization Enabled In Firmware: Yes

    Second Level Address Translation: Yes

    Data Execution Prevention Available: Yes

    submitted by /u/enjylyf
    [link] [comments]

    Photos in macOS High Sierra can't import H265 video

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 03:46 PM PST

    I have a video which VLC says is H265 for video and MPEG AAC for audio, in a .mp4 container.

    I read that Photos in High Sierra should read them, but if I try to import it I get an error saying that its format it's not compatible.

    submitted by /u/Vinz87
    [link] [comments]

    Can't upgrade to Catalina 10.15.2

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 03:16 PM PST

    It is saying that I am not connected to the Internet. Tried reinstalling in safe mode, and it said it could not connect to the update server. Brand new Macbook Pro. I got it last month. Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/Startingout2
    [link] [comments]

    My photos have disappeared off my phone, but are still in ICloud. How to I get them back?

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 06:40 PM PST

    So, I frequently run out of storage on my phone. I was getting around to deleting some, but when I actually opened the app I had only 600 photos when I'd had roughly 2,000. I checked on my P.C. And these photos are still in ICloud, but I can't view them on my phone. Does anybody know how I can get these photos from ICloud back onto my phone? I have ICloud photos enabled, but as far as I know that only uploads photos to iCloud. All I want is to be able to see my pictures. Edit: I have a 6s plus with the latest software update installed.

    submitted by /u/jce343
    [link] [comments]

    My Ipad air 2 blackscreened a few years ago. Wondering if i could fix it.

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 02:45 PM PST

    Apple geniuses said it they had no idea what happened so they could not fix it. Any tips or help? Thanks

    submitted by /u/Fatpam7
    [link] [comments]

    I have this issue where Apple made apps aren’t working and I don’t know why they don’t download

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 06:08 PM PST

    Hi, AirPlay music to AppleTV4 audio stops after 15 minutes. Every time.

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 05:56 PM PST

    Devices

    • Apple TV 4 - A1625 (32 GB) - tvOS 13.3

    • iPhone 7 - MN8X2VC/A - iOS 13.3

    Notes

    • AppleTV4 stops playing music after 15 minutes.

    • I'm AirPlaying music from my iPhone, the AppleTV remains on and the screensaver is still displaying, but the audio stops.

    • Trying to play again from phone won't work so I have to restart AppleTV

    • I've repeated this error many times. Software is current.

    • Even system reset the AppleTV.

    • Same problem happens with AirPlay from iPad.

    • I've timed it, it's always 15 minutes.

    Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/joshfromlondon
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel