• Breaking News

    Friday, January 10, 2020

    Apple Help Smart Battery Case Replacement Program

    Apple Help Smart Battery Case Replacement Program


    Smart Battery Case Replacement Program

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 09:30 PM PST

    Dropped my MacBook Pro 13 inch with touchbar and four thunderbolt 3 ports. Now, after 2 months my battery drains empty and the MacBook is getting very hot. Can this all be the result of the drop?

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 03:50 AM PST

    iPhone X stuck in boot loop (now on restore screen) will messages that came through while it was down deliver?

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 08:50 PM PST

    iPhone X stuck in boot loop (now on restore screen) hasn't been restored. Will the messages that I got be delivered once it is restored to a back up or fixed? Or are those just lost in space. Going to take it to apple tomorrow but it has been on the log screen for about 6 hours so I am just wondering if I miss an important message (which I probably won't) will it deliver after?

    submitted by /u/fantasyhelp411
    [link] [comments]

    Java disc destination?? Help plz!!

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 06:46 PM PST

    I'm trying to let my nephew play Minecraft on my MacBook. When I click the icon a notification pops up that tells me "you need to install the Java SE 6 runtime" I click more info which brings me the apple support page that allows me to download "java for OS X 2017-001" upon downloading it and going through the introduction, read me and license I get to "destination select" which is where I find my problem. In the window that has several options to select they there is a little symbol and notification that says "java for macOS2017-001 can't be installed on this disk. The contents of this disk can't be changed". The first option in the window is "Macintosh HD" but clicking that it notifies me that "a new version of this package is already installed". I don't know what to do at this point I was wondering if anyone can help?

    submitted by /u/reidathee
    [link] [comments]

    I don’t have the Apple TV remote, is it possible to use it (for the first time) without the remote?

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 08:00 PM PST

    Been digging through old boxes and I found an Apple TV, but I can't find its remote. I have an iPhone 7plus, can it be helpful? No idea which model/firmware the Apple TV is.

    submitted by /u/ATREES92
    [link] [comments]

    This keeps happening when trying to connect my AirPods. They were working earlier today.

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 04:45 PM PST

    My iPhone 8’s camera is acting up. the front camera is glitching and freezing and earlier today this happened. Any ideas?

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 03:22 PM PST

    Why are my photos taking up more space than it seems possible?

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 06:50 PM PST

    Can't install free app\. Keep getting this annoying verification loop.

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 10:29 PM PST

    Anytime I am trying to download Poshmark, it keeps popping up "Verification Required. Tap Continue and sign in to view billing information." So I go in and I removed the debit card I had on file and pressed done and tried to download it again and it just keeps going in this fucking loop.

    I don't owe ANYTHING, so why is it asking me for payment info when I haven't fucking bought anything? Any subscription I had to other apps were cancelled on the first week before any payment was required,

    God I regret buying an iphone, never had to deal with stupid money-grabbing shit like this on android. I want Poshmark so I can get some fucking money in my bank account by selling some clothes I have, but nope.

    submitted by /u/762orbuckshot
    [link] [comments]

    How do I get my Apple Watch to charge properly?

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 10:24 PM PST

    I recently got an Apple Watch 3 which is super exciting! However it's doing a thing where whenever I set it on the magnetic charger to charge, it will flash the charging screen every 2 seconds, and therefore just runs the battery down instead of charging it. My original fix for this was turning off raise to wake, but this has stopped working. Has anybody else had this problem? I couldn't find much on the internet, if it so comes to it I could bring it into an Apple store but the nearest one to me is not very close and I'm also pretty strapped on cash. Anything helps, thank you all

    submitted by /u/merumclovin
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Pro (mid-2014) cannot connect to home wifi upon turning on every time and asks for the wifi password.

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 06:04 PM PST

    Running the latest macOS version.

    Every time I turn it on, it will ask for the wifi password. Sometimes without even turning it off, when it wakes up from sleep the wifi would be disconnected and when I try to connect it, it will ask for the password again.

    Any help appreciated!

    submitted by /u/kwonfused
    [link] [comments]

    Trading in blacklisted phones to Apple

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 08:28 PM PST

    I've traded a few blacklisted devices to Apple and they don't seem to care

    Has anyone else done this?

    Thansk

    submitted by /u/throwaway2091234
    [link] [comments]

    Third-party Kernel caused crash on MacBook Air - could use help reading log

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 07:14 PM PST

    Wanted to see if anyone could explain how I should read a kernel panic log in order to determine which third-party kernel caused the crash. The log includes the phrase "Thread 6 crashed" but doesn't give me any useful information.

    Will upload the log if asked. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/cnnr_g
    [link] [comments]

    Help finding a specific product

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 03:13 PM PST

    Hey all! I have a 12in iPad Pro, and looking for a case for it, ideally with a keyboard.

    Everything I've seen out there seems to either have a keyboard OR a pen holder,but never both for some reason.

    Has anyone seen/know of this magical product? It would help a ton

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/DeweySays
    [link] [comments]

    Dead iPhone 7+, Broken Screen

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 06:42 PM PST

    I think the data storage is safe, is there a program I can use to get out the data to a new iPhone 7+? I have restored with iCloud but it only saved the phone #'s. I have confidential and important info I need asap.

    submitted by /u/azurez3d
    [link] [comments]

    Second hand macbook air late 2010 13 inch won’t load OS

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 06:14 PM PST

    Friend of mine asked me to try and troubleshoot his secondhand macbook, and despite all attempts I cannot fix it. It starts up and brings me to the utilities window (restore, reinstall, etc) and when I go to reinstall OS X El Capitana, after entering an ID (ID has never been on a macbook before, signed into icloud via the get help online option in utilities as mentioned in a help guide. the ID has been used on iphones) it says "This item is temporarily unavailable" There is a recovery partition shown when asking what disk to download the OS on, and is obviously unavailable to be clicked. Just thought I'd mention that.

    I have done the following:

    • Changed the time and date in terminal. (Fixed an issue previously on the macbook but replaced it with the This item is unavailable)
    • Attempted to access Internet Recovery Mode with no avail (used every combination to do so, and I feel like this would fix the issue but I have no way of accessing it)
    • First Aid all the disks. Attempted to download that file for Lion Recovery to no avail. (in order to access IRM)
    • No time machine backup.
    • Nothing shows up in Startup Disk.

    Any clue what I can do? I was thinking of installing the OS off a USB. Not sure if that'll work though. Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/crhisfwan
    [link] [comments]

    Help? My iPad cant connect to the wifi because of a stupid mistake I made

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 01:20 PM PST

    Hi, I tried connecting to my wifi by putting in the password, but I put in tje wrong password and closed it out mid-load. When I came back in to do it again, it connected immediately but doesn't know what the password is, meaning it's just loading and not actually connecting. I'm not sure what to do, any help? Thank you!

    edit: Solved, thank you u/darksarcastictech!

    submitted by /u/Chipotle-Grill
    [link] [comments]

    [iPhone 6 with iOS 12.4.4] iPhone keeps asking to re-sign in to iCloud after updating apps.

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 04:20 PM PST

    Edit: It's possible it's not related directly to updates as according to the Apple site, the Apollo app was updated on the 20th of December but I had to relogin this morning. It's odd because it worked without a hitch yesterday after the reset.

    Okay, so apparently my problem is a bit of a singular one because I've tried several different searches on Google and found squat related to this issue.

    In the normal usage of my phone, everything is fine.

    However in the last couple of months I've started to have an annoyance with updated apps.

    Every time an app is updated, I have to relogin to the app store/icloud before I can use it. I touch the app, it starts to load, and I'm prompted to login to Apple again.

    Apollo, Firefox, Strava ... anything not owned by Apple.

    Keep in mind, the app works fine. There's no need for me to relogin to each individual application or service, there's no lost data. I just have to relogin to Apple.

    I've tried backup and restore, and even completely factory reset of my phone and setting it up like a brand new one. No importing of apps or settings from a backup, I wiped it clean with a complete data and settings reset, and then installed everything brand new and it still does it.

    It's not a huge deal but it is annoying, especially if I'm trying to start an app quickly for whatever reason and I have to stop and wait for the thing to login to Apple again.

    submitted by /u/BenCelotil
    [link] [comments]

    Can I please get some help with this ? I receive some notifications every time and I don’t know how to delete them from my calendar app. I tried to uninstall and install again the app but it’s still there. Idk if I clicked on a website by accident for this to happen

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 03:48 PM PST

    How do I transfer the mail settings and the mail messages from one account to another in the same Mac?

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 03:46 PM PST

    From the old account, I copy ~/Library/Mail, ~/Library/Mail Downloads, and ~/Library/Containers/com.apple.mail to the Shared user.

    I log in the new account and first changed the ownership of all these files to the new account with sudo chown -R newuser:staff *.

    Then I move these directories to the proper places.

    I notice the existence of billions of Info.plist files inside ~/Library/Mail, all containing references to the old paths, like <string>/Users/olduser/Library/Mail/V7/81B12A-7B6E/Inbox.mbox</string>

    I change all references inside the millions of Info.plist files inside ~/Library/Mail from ...olduser... to ...newuser..., using

    find . -type f -name Info.plist -type f -print0 | xargs -0 perl -i.bak -pe 's/olduser/newuser/g'

    Everything appears to be ok. I start mail and it is completely blank. No account, no email.

    any ideas?


    I have noticed now that the ~/Library/Containers/com.apple.mail folder contains trillions of references to the olduser path. The problem now is that many of these references are inside databases!

    submitted by /u/MarsSpaceship
    [link] [comments]

    So I’m not sure if my AirPods are real can someone please help me?

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 02:45 PM PST

    So I bought these AirPods of a friend who got them off a Black Friday deal, they look great in terms of packaging and look and rigid ness, magnetic case also works well, but they did take a lengthy time to set up, they did pop up on my phone after a while and can be customised in settings, also the serial number. Necks out on the Apple website, but they behave weirdly, when opening the case they say "power on" and when out in your ear they make a connection sound Please someone help are they real?

    submitted by /u/iamhappyxD
    [link] [comments]

    2012 Macbook Pro: Drive won't boot internally, only via USB dock

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 02:40 PM PST

    Hey all. I have a mid-2012 Macbook Pro that refused to boot up last night. Upon booting in recovery mode, I discovered that the hard drive would not mount. For context, I replaced the HDD with a Samsung Evo 860 SSD a little over a year ago, which has displayed no issues up until yesterday. I also upgraded the SATA cable at the time, and this doesn't seem to be the issue.

    I brought it to a local shop this morning, and we ran some tests on the hard drive and the computer itself. The drive passed all of the tests, but still won't boot internally. The tech threw a random SSD into the internal dock to see if it would boot and it did 2 out of 3 times. However, my own SSD will not do so. We also tried another SATA cable to confirm, and that wasn't the problem.

    The tech determined that the problem is either the drive itself or the logic board. In looking at the board, he noticed a good deal of corrosion that was likely caused by overheating (yellowish tint to some of the metal parts. The drive is under warranty, though I'd rather not have to send it out to Samsung and wait an eternity for them to either fix or replace it (if that's even the problem).

    My gut says it's the board, but I am no expert by any means. I am a full-time PhD student, so my computer is a pretty necessary item (my stuff is backed up, thankfully). My question: does this sound like a logic board issue, and is it even worth pursuing or should I start looking at a new or refurbished Macbook?

    submitted by /u/moraleclipse_
    [link] [comments]

    Best MacBook Configuration for an engineer/software developer

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 01:50 PM PST

    So far I've been working with a 2012 non-Retina MacBook Pro with a 2.9Ghz Core i7, 8Gb of RAM and an SSD

    The machine did good work and lasted me very long, but it's having problems now and it's generally time for an upgrade.

    I've definitely decided for the new 16inch MacBook Pro, but I'm unsure about the specs. The 6 Core i7 should be enough, but how much RAM and which Graphics would you recommend? The RAM upgrade is expensive as hell... Is it worth it?

    Work I'm mostly doing: I'm usually working with Linux / Mac Dual Boot:

    on Mac:

    • Python development
    • Tenserflow
    • Matlab
    • some Graphics Design (Photoshop or Inkscape)

    On Linux:

    • C++/ROS development
    • developing Computer Vision algorithms

    Regarding the fact that so far I've been working with a really old and slow machine, everything is an improvement, but I don't know which upgrades are worth it. spending 200 extra on graphics, 400 extra on RAM, both?

    Thanks for any help!

    submitted by /u/corny96
    [link] [comments]

    Can a MacBook Air 2019 run Adobe software?

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 01:48 PM PST

    I need to use the Adobe creative cloud for my graphic design class. Should I bother installing the software on my computer or should I just use the iMacs at my school?

    submitted by /u/theritualmurder
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel