• Breaking News

    Tuesday, January 14, 2020

    Apple Help Boot up chime, fans spin but no display. Any suggestions? (2007 15”)

    Apple Help Boot up chime, fans spin but no display. Any suggestions? (2007 15”)


    Boot up chime, fans spin but no display. Any suggestions? (2007 15”)

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 04:24 PM PST

    Can you guys help me with this? is has been going on for an hour now and just keeps repeating and i cant turn it off

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 05:06 AM PST

    iPhone XR battery health dropped from 99 to 97 in 2-3 weeks

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 08:55 PM PST

    I got my iPhone XR in May 2019 and it had great battery life up until December 2019. It dropped to 99% and then 97% in the span of 2-3 weeks (but I also updated to IOS 13 so not sure if that had an impact), and it definitely drains a lot faster now. Is it worth getting it checked out at an Apple Store, especially since I still have limited warranty on it?

    submitted by /u/kittensarecute1621
    [link] [comments]

    I’ve been in a family plan with my brothers for awhile. One day this started popping up. We don’t know how to fix it.

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 06:29 PM PST

    iPhone 8+ Accidental Phishing PDF downloaded

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 09:39 PM PST

    I was recently cleaning out some emails on my iPhone, and I saw a customer service email and was surprised so when I saw the link to an invoice I clicked on it, downloaded and opened the pdf and then realized it was a phishing email, I deleted the pdf and cleared my safari. Do I have anything to worry about? I didn't put any personal information. The PDF only had a document with the word "Conversion..." on it.

    submitted by /u/Chipsteroni
    [link] [comments]

    2018 Macbook Pro 15". No Backup. Possible Logic board problem. Is there no way to recover data from the SSD?

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 09:02 PM PST

    Hello,

    2018 MBP corrupted. No way to start-up and it is high probably logic board has to be replaced.

    Is there theoretically no way to recover data from 2018 MBPs?

    Cheers

    submitted by /u/Rosinde
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone know a way to get non-apple .mp3 audiobooks into the new Books app?

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 08:57 PM PST

    I updated to the most recent OS a few days ago and found iTunes had been separated into Music and Books. It transferred the audiobooks I had in my library at the time but I can't add any new ones to the Books app and it no longer has the option to sync via Music as the whole audiobook section has been removed. Any help would be much appreciated.

    submitted by /u/NationalMouseHotel
    [link] [comments]

    Would MacBook Pro 2011 parts be interchangeable with MacBook Pro 2009 parts?

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 08:19 PM PST

    Is the keyboard/trackpad/screen of the Macbook Pro from 2011 (MC700LL/A) compatible with a Macbook Pro from 2009? (MB990LL/A)

    I thought they'll work since they're all similar models with the same model number (A1278).

    Extra Info:

    I have three devices.

    Two 2011 Macbook.

    The first one has a non-working keyboard, a working trackpad, and a working motherboard.

    The second one has a partly defective LCD, a working keyboard, and a non-working trackpad.

    One 2009 Macbook. It's fully functional except it has a bad LCD, where the previous user has ripped the display cable and broke the connector entirely beyond repair.

    I'm thinking of swapping working parts together, hence this post.

    submitted by /u/MikePinceLikeKids
    [link] [comments]

    Buying first iPhone, what is the difference between Apple Care and Verizon protection plan?

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 08:17 PM PST

    Hi there folks.

    I plan on buying an iPhone through verizon soon. When it comes to a protection plan if my phone gets damaged, lost or stolen. Which do people recommend. Just getting Apple Care or the protection plan that verizon offers?

    Or maybe even both?

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Thank you.

    submitted by /u/Danny_Ocean_11
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Pro 16 inch (2019) sound, brightness & Siri buttons on Touch Bar not responding

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 08:12 PM PST

    I bought the new 16 inch MacBook Pro (2019) and have been having this issue with the sound, brightness, and Siri buttons on the Touch Bar not responding. It usually happens when I wake my Mac from sleep. I thought it was due to Anki (a flashcard application) because the Touch Bar usually becomes unresponsive if I leave that application open when my Mac is put to sleep, however it still happens even when the application is closed, so the cause must be something else. I don't have any external devices plugged in other than headphones (but this issue happens regardless of whether I have headphones plugged in or not).

    I don't think it's a hardware issue, as I've already exchanged my Mac and this issue is still occurring. One quick solution I've found is to press the "fn" key to show the function keys on the Touch Bar... doing that fixes the issue temporarily and lets me use the brightness and volume and Siri buttons. Another temporary solution is to force quit the Touch Bar from activity monitor or from terminal. But I don't want a temporary solution, it's annoying to have to go through this so often just to get the brightness and volume buttons to work when I press on them. Another solution is to restart the MacBook Pro, because just putting it to sleep and waking it doesn't fix it.

    Does this touchbar issue happen to any of you and does anyone know what the cause is?

    submitted by /u/mambie_
    [link] [comments]

    Forgot to cancel a free trial and got charged. Help?

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 04:24 PM PST

    I was planning to cancel the subscription this morning, but when I checked, I already got charged at 4:00 AM. How likely am I to get a refund?

    I already sent them an email, as well as downloaded the Apple Support app hoping to chat with their support - but so far, I don't see any option to do so. Are there other things that I can do?

    submitted by /u/RoadToGE6
    [link] [comments]

    iTunes from Macbook Air disconnecting my iPhone X

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 01:47 PM PST

    Hello guys,

    When I try to transfer my photos from my iPhone X to my Macbook Air 18', my iTunes keep "disconnecting" my iPhone.

    The curious is that the battery keeps charging, so, the cell phone is disconnected only from iTunes and not from the Macbook.

    Any tips?

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/giowz0rd
    [link] [comments]

    how can i clean up/speed up my 13in Mid-2009 macbook pro?

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 07:02 PM PST

    I have a 13in Mid-2009 macbook pro with El Capitan. Looking for advice to speed up and/or clean it up. I've never done this before and it seems to be time.

    submitted by /u/katfishkuntry
    [link] [comments]

    Netflix to white screen via VGA with iPad 2018

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 06:56 PM PST

    Hi guys. I want to project Netflix via a VGA-projector connection and onto a white screen. That didn't work out. Tried using the app and Safari to open those movies. It opens on the iPad but not via the projector. Is that even possible? Does a laptop solve that problem?

    I am using the 2018 9.7" iPad by the way.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/dog-paste-666
    [link] [comments]

    First TimeMachine backup going at 1Gb per hour, is that normal?

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 10:57 AM PST

    Hello!

    I just received a 5Tb QNAP NAS, and I set it up to be my TimeMachine backup for my MacBook.

    Setup was a breeze and TimeMachine had no problem finding the drive on my local network, but the backup seems to be taking way too long, going at a rate of about 1Gb per hour.

    With a 1Tb drive on my MacBook this backup will take me over a month to do, and it restarts every time my MacBook is off my WiFi.

    Is this normal? Is there something I can do to speed it up or diagnose any issues?

    Thank you.

    submitted by /u/DoctorProfessorTaco
    [link] [comments]

    I cannot log into iCloud, App Store, Apple Music, iMessage, or anything else on my Mac. The error reads "An unknown error occurred."

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 06:02 PM PST

    I am having trouble signing into my Apple account on my Mac and cannot access iCloud or the App Store at all. The error I keep getting reads "An unknown error occurred" and I cannot figure out why. I tried to follow what other people have done in previous posts but was unlucky. I am not signed in anywhere so I cannot sign out and sign back in either. Additionally, I spent about an hour and a half with Apple support today and still could not figure out the issue. Please, any help will be much appreciated!

    For reference I will include an image of the error I am receiving and a link to the previous post I tried to follow.

    https://www.reddit.com/r/MacOSBeta/comments/byft2a/catalina_bug_cant_sign_in_to_app_store_apple_id/eqtcvyd/

    https://preview.redd.it/o4zcctjtnua41.png?width=1334&format=png&auto=webp&s=5ebb1f15883cd787275c0663cd65d3d4939f50b9

    submitted by /u/DumbNeurosurgeon
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for an affordable entry point

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 05:57 PM PST

    Hi guys! I make quick unboxing videos for YouTube. They are no commentary videos with simple music in the background. I specifically make them to showcase the item and share no opinions.

    I'm looking for a used laptop that will allow me to:

    1. Plug in a midi keyboard and sequence beats and stuff in garageband.

    2. Allow for recording from an external Webcam.

    3. Extremely simple editing of SHORT video - I try to keep everything under 5 minutes, and if it's longer I speed up the video. The only real editing I do is occasional trimming, combining a few shorter clips, and cutting the audio overlaying music.

    I currently do all of this from my phone, but since I'd like to start messing around in garage band and making some music myself, I'd like a regular laptop. Something extra portable would be excellent, I need a keyboard and several USB ports (hence why I am not using a phone or tablet). I know Apple is an expensive company, but I'm hopeful something old and preloved can be found in the 3 to 400 range? Any suggestions? Less would be awesome. I'm not using this for anything more than what I've asked about.

    Thanks so much!

    submitted by /u/315retro
    [link] [comments]

    Should I Have Apple Swap The Battery?

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 06:32 AM PST

    iPhone is stuck in headphone mode?

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 01:19 PM PST

    My iPhone is currently stuck in headphone mode for some reason. The sound on it was fine until about 15 to 20 minutes ago. I brought my phone in with me when I shaved my facial hair off, but it was in my right trouser pocket at the time, so it wouldn't have been water damaged. The only water I got on my body was on my shirt on the left hand side of my body - and it wasn't even that much water. This is the first time my iPhone has been in headphone mode and won't go off. I also find this peculiar because I've never used headphones or earphones on them before.

    What would cause it? How can I get it off headphone mode? I tried using my headphones on my iPhone to keep putting it in the headphone jack and pulling it back out again. But that won't work. I've tried refreshing my phone. Won't work. What can I do?

    submitted by /u/DanielCracker
    [link] [comments]

    Technical question regarding Mac book pro 15 inch 2008

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 01:14 PM PST

    My old laptop switches on then turns off abruptly. I haven't used it in about 5-6 years. I got a replacement battery and i have to hold the power button to switch it on but it turns off after a few seconds, what do you think is the issue? My old charger charged the new battery so if its not the charger or battery what could it be. Thanks

    submitted by /u/gamer23909
    [link] [comments]

    External drive partition problem. Cannot mount on Macbook

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 03:47 PM PST

    Hi,

    I have an external drive that is having an issue. The drive cannot be mounted on my Macbook. Tried first aid in disk utility and some terminal commands like force unmount but that did not fix it. The repair tool will always show it had a partition problem. I only want to grab the files. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can fix it or just even grab the files?

    submitted by /u/bluefire_xl
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Watch iMessage Issue on Dual-SIM

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 03:44 PM PST

    I've got a dual-SIM setup on an iPhone XR running iOS 13.3 along with a Watch Series 5 on watchOS 6.1.1. For a couple of weeks, I've noticed that iMessage isn't working on the Watch about 90% of the time. If I send a text to someone through the Watch, it will show up as a green bubble SMS, even though all messages up to that point show blue iMessages on the Watch and the iPhone both. If I send a message in the same location to the same person from the phone, it'll go through as an iMessage. I have tried signing out/in from iMessage, restarting both devices, and even fully resetting the Watch. That last step worked for about a day and a half, and then it started going back to SMSes sent from the Watch again.

    What I finally noticed yesterday was that when I turn either cellular line off (doesn't matter which one), iMessage begins working immediately on the Watch. Turn the line back on, and it's back to green bubbles. I have Allow Data Switching turned off, though I have experimented with it on, I've tried switching between both as my primary, and I've even tried turning all cell data off and going through just Wi-Fi, but no luck. What really bugs me is that it's not broken all the time, and it doesn't necessarily start working again when one line doesn't have service, sometimes it will work and both lines are at full strength. Anyone else seen this? Do I have to choose between Dual SIM and iMessage on my Watch?

    submitted by /u/shawmino
    [link] [comments]

    Everytime I try and play music this pops up and when I click ok it repeats itself,what should I do?!

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 09:35 AM PST

    Cant get into iCloud account.

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 11:32 AM PST

    I switched to to android but I now need to get into my iCloud email, I tried to log in but I seem to have forgotten the password. I hit the "forgot password" and it just says "502. Bad Gateway" or something like that. How do I get in?

    submitted by /u/the_original_St00g3y
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Pro 13" (Retina Early 2013) Black Display

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 03:12 PM PST

    Hi I posted this to r/macbookrepair but there seems to be more activity over here. So here it goes:

    I have a 2013 MacBook Pro 13" and I recently replaced the keyboard on it and now the display is not turning on. The laptop worked perfectly before the keyboard replacement and I have no idea what to do, so I thought I'd ask people much smarter than me for help. Here's whats going on:

    - The fans blast at max speed when I turn the laptop on

    - The display and the Apple logo do not light up

    - The keyboard does light up and appears to work (caps lock will light up when pressed)

    - The MacBook does chime when I boot it up

    - I can't even get it to connect to an external monitor

    - I tried to reset the SMC and NVRAM, nothing worked

    - I tried to disconnect and reconnect the display cable, nothing changed.

    I'd really appreciate any help!! Thanks!!!

    submitted by /u/zballday
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel