• Breaking News

    Saturday, November 30, 2019

    Apple Macbook 2014 Macbook Air has a white stripe down the middle, any ideas on how this can be fixed?

    Apple Macbook 2014 Macbook Air has a white stripe down the middle, any ideas on how this can be fixed?


    2014 Macbook Air has a white stripe down the middle, any ideas on how this can be fixed?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 04:48 PM PST

    Question for Retina Air users...

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 10:19 PM PST

    I'm thinking of grabbing my daughter an Air while on sale.

    It's only dual core, but do any of you have experience with it? How well does it serve as a web browser, video player, and some simple Word documents?

    submitted by /u/superstaritpro
    [link] [comments]

    Can I delete original Photo-Library?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 08:18 AM PST

    What monitor(32") will work with a single cable to a 2018 macbook?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 09:42 PM PST

    I want a single cable to plug in to my 2018 macbook. so it would charge and provide graphics.

    Some other requirements:

    not expensive. i want a quality budget one that will work well.

    4K or even 2k will work i think. i just want it crisp

    anti glare

    vesa mountable

    60htz

    not curved.

    thin bezels but this is low priority.

    Thank you and appreciate your guidance.

    submitted by /u/friends_benefits
    [link] [comments]

    2018 macbook pro is worth a buy over 2019 macbook air?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 08:36 PM PST

    I'm considering buying a 13" Mac laptop and targeting on 2019 Macbook air.

    I just found 2018 macbook pro with no touch bar is being sold in USD150 less than 2019 macbook air here. Both configurations are 8/256GB.

    Should I change my mind and go for this macbook pro? It is now the end of 2019.

    My concerns are: 1. Portability: Both are similar. MBA is lighter but not much different. MBP looks thinker but actually even thiner.. 2. Touch ID: preferable feature but not available on this MBP.

    1. Butterfly keyboard failure: It's the most concern seems happening on all old types of macbooks with this keyboard design. 2019 MBA could be improved (not completely solved).

    I'm a light user, better performance is preferable, but not a must.

    Any advice is appreciated.

    submitted by /u/revo501
    [link] [comments]

    Why do the new MacBooks chip so easily?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 09:47 AM PST

    I have a 2019 MBA that I babied for two straight months without a single imperfection. Now I'm the span of two days I dropped headphones on it causing a ding in the top part and on the spine by lighting hitting it against a desk

    submitted by /u/USS_Zumwalt00
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Air 8 or 16 GB?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 05:28 PM PST

    So the Pro base model is only 200$ more than the Air base model. That's almost nothing and I don't get why it's so much the same price. The Pro would have a better processor and much more for only... 200$ more?

    Also about the RAM: Would the dual core CPU be the bottleneck here? What's the point of 16 GB in the Air if the CPU can't really handle all those tabs and the multitasking?

    What do you think?

    submitted by /u/BlizzStrx
    [link] [comments]

    Replacing Optical Drive for MacBook Pro, Mid 2010

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 05:26 PM PST

    Hello Friends,

    I'm replacing the optical drive for a Macbook Pro. Have any of you purchased from IFixit? If not, then do any of you have any ideas where I can get my hands on a 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW) so I can replace this drive?

    Thanks in advanced!

    submitted by /u/A_Kind_Hotdog
    [link] [comments]

    Opinion on Dbrand palmrest skins ?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 02:32 PM PST

    I have a macbook air, but my problem comes from the aluminium frame common to all macs. When typing with my bare wrists touching the aluminium frame it can get a little sweaty, to the point where I prefer to pull my sleeves to cover it.

    I was wondering if a dbrand palmrest skin would solve this issues, or if anyone has experience with it.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Matimoana
    [link] [comments]

    4k HDR video laggy on MacBook Pro (2016)

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 02:29 PM PST

    Hey guys,

    Just played a 4k hvec 3840x2160 video on my Mac (i5, 8gb ram, intel iris 540 model) and to my surprise, it was very laggy all way through. I played it using IINA player. Tried it in VLC and it was the same.

    Is my laptop not good enough for that quality or do I need to download some extra software/tweak settings? Sorry if that's a dumb question, not experienced in this at all.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/RootInTheRedHat
    [link] [comments]

    My MacBook Pro journey so far

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 10:09 AM PST

    Is the 15” macbook pro in 2019 still having the keyboard failure?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 01:36 PM PST

    Just bought a core i9 15" for 1650 bucks, and i think it's steel deal. But I worry about the keyboard issue and screen cable issue.

    submitted by /u/foofuckingbar
    [link] [comments]

    MB Pro 2017 - Low battery health on low cycle count

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 07:01 AM PST

    MB Pro 2017 - Low battery health on low cycle count

    Hello. I have a problem with the battery health, which currently stands at 74% for a computer that is 2 yers old. I use Istatmenus that i have only passed through 189 battery cycles. The health is normal, but the percentage and the capacity are both low, and i do seem to get a lot less on a charge than i used to. I will point out that the computer is mainly connected to a power outlet when i am at home and when in school it runs on battery for 3-4 hours a day. I tried resetting the PSMC and SMC or whatever they are called and it did not help.

    Here are some screenshots i took of the system information and battery tab. Is the battery faulty ?

    https://preview.redd.it/kqsp4qfu8u141.png?width=503&format=png&auto=webp&s=d28a16c4036c8acf1277330232bdca02b0afedc0

    https://preview.redd.it/gsobrwfu8u141.png?width=760&format=png&auto=webp&s=aee81f7b4fb02e316b4202bd5bed50cd07457d33

    submitted by /u/Donkrythekong
    [link] [comments]

    Who exactly did Apple “listen” to when designing the MacBook Pro 16"?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 08:20 PM PST

    Does anyone know how to fix this gray thing on MacBook Pro display? It is mostly there but sometimes goes away and then shows up again.

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 02:08 AM PST

    Apple MacBook Air (13-inch, 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD Storage) - Silver [Save $300]

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 07:49 AM PST

    wireless headphones

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 11:31 AM PST

    wireless headphones

    Hi,

    I am looking for a wireless headset with a microphone for a MacBook - at home I use them like a desktop computer. I don't want earbuds because I have AirPods. I care about long battery life - watching movies, some music from YouTube and iTunes, conversations on FaceTime or other messenger.Budget: $ 100-200 Shipping to Poland - preferably something European.

    Photo for attention¯ \ _ (ツ) _ / ¯

    https://preview.redd.it/2a1iusi3lv141.jpg?width=4032&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=1d09b499422910b20bd4eb7b5068e3c5541d0168

    submitted by /u/Lucianowaii
    [link] [comments]

    Would you buy a used 2017 MacBook pro base for 700?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 08:39 AM PST

    If not... For how much?

    submitted by /u/rafoyon
    [link] [comments]

    Has anyone experienced a pink hue when connecting their MacBook to a monitor using HDMI?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 03:01 AM PST

    I have a 2018 MacBook and I've tried everything from changing the monitors and contacting Apple. They don't seem to have a solution and in fact exchanged my laptop for a new one but still same problem,.

    Am I the only one who has had this problem? I can't seem to find anywhere in the internet for a solution

    submitted by /u/exacttiming23
    [link] [comments]

    When do you think we will see the 14-inch MBP?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 03:09 PM PST

    I miss this macOS look

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 06:17 AM PST

    When will the 13 inch MBP get a refresh with the new keyboard?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 05:46 AM PST

    I'm in need of a new laptop but the 16 inch is too expensive and I don't want to buy the 13 inch with it's bad keyboard.

    submitted by /u/eMeSsBee
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Pro (mid 2012) with only 4 GB RAM

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 04:49 AM PST

    Why did Apple sell a MBP with only 4 GB RAM at all? Why wasn't 8 the minimum? I know it was in 2012, but even then it was way too weak. Rendering 1080p Video with iMovie often was a leggy situation, even when it was only 2-3 years old. Now, barely 25 tabs can be opened on chrome and opening a program like the App Store or Preferences takes 45 seconds. The only reason I can imagine they called it a "Pro" was because of the better CPU than in the Air. But the rest was the same, or pretty weak. The SSD was also pretty slow. The new MacBook Pro with lowest specs blows the 2012 model out of the water.

    submitted by /u/BlizzStrx
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Pro 13" 2019 battery issue question

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 04:42 AM PST

    Earlier this week I bought a 256 GB 13" MacBook Pro 2019.

    I did not charge the laptop when I bought it as it was charged already. Literally about an hour into my first time using it (just using YouTube), it shut itself off the same as it would if the battery had died. I plugged it into the mains, it started up again, but the battery percentage read '79%'.

    So I left it plugged in for about 20 minutes, then unplugged it again and continued using it to see if the same problem would happen again. About an hour passed and the same thing happened. So again, I plugged it in. This time on the log in screen the battery read '0%', but once I'd typed in my password it read '66%'. So I just left it on charge for a while.

    After researching online, I reset the SMC and just turned the laptop off for a couple days as I was travelling.

    I'm now home. I turned the laptop on this morning and the battery read '56%'. But after an hour of surfing the web it died. I tried to switch it back on and I got the no battery warning. So I've plugged it in. This time when turning it back on, the battery started at '0%' and is increasing. But it's increasing 2 or 4 percent at a time and has so far charged 65% in 40 minutes. Which to me seems a bit fast.

    I bought the laptop to edit films and use Photoshop. I'm now considering just trying to return it and get it replaced before I start using it for this.

    Should I replace it? Or is this a normal problem for a new MacBook and the battery will sort itself out in time?

    submitted by /u/StickyManMan50
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel