• Breaking News

    Monday, October 14, 2019

    macOS New version of MacOS, same old annoyances - Every time I open certain windows, eg; Macintosh HD, they often open in these ridiculous sizes and have to be manually altered to actually see anything. Is there a one stop, resize once and forget forever option that I am missing?

    macOS New version of MacOS, same old annoyances - Every time I open certain windows, eg; Macintosh HD, they often open in these ridiculous sizes and have to be manually altered to actually see anything. Is there a one stop, resize once and forget forever option that I am missing?


    New version of MacOS, same old annoyances - Every time I open certain windows, eg; Macintosh HD, they often open in these ridiculous sizes and have to be manually altered to actually see anything. Is there a one stop, resize once and forget forever option that I am missing?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 03:31 AM PDT

    Love the look of the sidebar on the newly updated Apple apps for macOS Catalina

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 02:23 AM PDT

    Why Safari, why...

    Posted: 13 Oct 2019 05:11 PM PDT

    I still think Mac OS has the best UX out there. But damn... These things could be avoided. Seems sloppy IMO.

    https://i.redd.it/e85o5365fes31.png

    submitted by /u/psande
    [link] [comments]

    After Catalina update all apps on my mac is doubled. How to fix?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 01:33 AM PDT

    Adobe, why?

    Posted: 13 Oct 2019 04:22 AM PDT

    Maps constantly using location in Catalina

    Posted: 13 Oct 2019 10:05 PM PDT

    Ever since the update to Catalina the Maps app is using my location every 30 seconds or so. I see the location services icon pop up in the menu bar and every time it's the maps app. Is this a bug in the software, or something I can fix on my end? TIA.

    submitted by /u/RedNotWhite
    [link] [comments]

    [Catalina 10.15] New Music App is dramatically draining storage and battery

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 01:47 AM PDT

    So I've only got about 25gb left on my Mac. When I open up the Music app, free disk space starts going into freefall. It went down to 3gb after being open for about 3 hours. Upon closing down the app, the storage bounces back up to 25gb. Also noting that the battery depletes much faster when it is open so I imagine some background tasks are working over-time. I've read that the library is rebuilding artwork (which I've seen appearing slowly), but would this have the storage effect? What could be causing the app to take up so much temporary space?

    I'd like to be able to use the app for more than 1-2 hours without my mac going into a meltdown. Any help would be appreciated!

    submitted by /u/zaminizjammin
    [link] [comments]

    Slimming down VirtualBox MacOS images

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 05:08 AM PDT

    I've a old Fujitsu sheet-fed scanner that works perfectly for Sierra and High Sierra, but not Mojave and onward. Fujitsu still make the hardware but updated it's model ID and the most recent drivers sniff for that and forbid the connection of the older hardware. Still perfectly working, as I say.

    So I have a Sierra install in VirtualBox, and am otherwise on Mojave. I bet I can use the same trick to keep 32bit app compatibility for when I go to Catalina.

    Anyway, here are directories I deleted to get 2.2GB drive space back:

    sudo rm -rf /System/Library/LinguisticData/* sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Speech/Voices/* sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6 

    If anyone else has nuked directories in MacOS to gain space for similar reasons, can they comment here please with the dir?

    • Paul
    submitted by /u/paul_h
    [link] [comments]

    Auto dark/light mode not working?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 05:07 AM PDT

    Hey all. This is definitely a minor bug, but I was very excited for Catalina and its ability to switch between dark and light mode depending on the time of day. However for me, it seems to stay in light mode -- it doesnt automatically switch to dark mode. Is anyone else experiencing that?

    submitted by /u/Zelda_Chestnut
    [link] [comments]

    I think Catalina update breaks the steelseries exactmouse tool

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 04:58 AM PDT

    It is a tool to remove the acceleration curve applied by the OS (something I absolutely hate, especially in games)

    I used to use this tool to solve the issue but it now appears to be slightly broken.

    It will still apply and remove the acceleration, but it also seems to adjust the sensitivity at the same time back to default, which for me is WAAAAAAAY too sensitive. So then I adjust the slider down and BOOM the mouse acceleration is back.

    So it seems like the following is happening: - SS:EM disables the acceleration and RESETS sensitivity to default - Adjusting the sensitivity in System Preferences disables SS:EM

    Anyone using this tool (or something similar?)

    submitted by /u/DICKTracey
    [link] [comments]

    Downgrade without time machine back up

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 04:25 AM PDT

    Best way to revert from Catalina beta to the public release of Catalina?

    Currently on 10.15 beta (19A546d). I haven't got any kind of time machine back up as I prefer to manually move things to an external hard drive (old habits and all that). Can I just do that, then do the restart with the command R thing and restore it to its factory state? (I think that'll put me on high Sierra which I don't mind as I'll then probably either update to Catalina public release or stay on high Sierra for a bit)

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/colinsgone
    [link] [comments]

    When I type "test" into spotlight, I get cricket results as first hit most of the time. Anyone else have these? (I'm on UK English)

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 04:23 AM PDT

    my wifi went off while installing catalina

    Posted: 13 Oct 2019 08:49 PM PDT

    my wifi stopped working out of nowhere and all i can see is "setting up your mac" how can i shut it down? when i press the off button and turn it back on it shows the same screen

    submitted by /u/till3001
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Arcade and Game Center

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 04:20 AM PDT

    Game Center has been gone awhile now, but still kinda exists. Does Apple Arcade use the Game Center? Can you play multiplayer games on Arcade yet? Can someone easily explain please :)

    submitted by /u/BeauNZ
    [link] [comments]

    Dock appears in full screen

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 03:41 AM PDT

    I encounter this issue mainly while changing from double screen to single : like watching a video in full screen on the monitor then when I go back to single screen there is the dock in full screen whether it's safari or VLC

    submitted by /u/ikekill
    [link] [comments]

    How to get Verification Code from "Other Devices"when I have no active Other Devices?

    Posted: 13 Oct 2019 09:30 PM PDT

    A friend gave me an older Mac that I've reinstalled with OSX Mountain Lion, and I'm now trying to log into App Store so I can update it to Mojave. I'm typing in the correct Apple ID and password, but it's asking me to check my "other devices" to get the verification code. My other devices are an old PowerMac G4 and an old iMac, neither of which are powered on or all that usable at the moment. I use my iCloud account all the time via the browser which has the option to Text it to me though I'm not getting this option in App Store when trying to log in. So how can I get the Validation Code ?? It also gives the option of "Forgot Password", but the browser in this OS isn't compatible with the Apple website I guess as the link doesn't work. Also I just get errors when I try to visit iCloud.com in Safari. Thanks for any guidance.

    submitted by /u/samalex01
    [link] [comments]

    After MacOS Catalina my Mac has poor battery life of only 2hours and over heats .. any fix ? Or should I wait for next update ?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 03:07 AM PDT

    Alt+Click on WiFi won't show IP address anymore on Catalina

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 02:18 AM PDT

    Talking about the WiFi symbol in the top bar .This happened after updating to Catalina. Does anybody encounter the same problem?

    submitted by /u/zombiemessiah
    [link] [comments]

    Touch bar bug still not resolved in new update

    Posted: 13 Oct 2019 01:47 PM PDT

    How to get read / write access to System folders in MacOS Catalina?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 01:24 AM PDT

    I'm trying to delete a few files to get back more space in my 128 GB SSD. Every time I install a new version of MacOS, I specifically delete all files except one from the "Desktop Pictures" folder. It takes up 2.09 GB of disk space in Catalina, so I keep only one desktop picture and delete the rest. I had "read / write" access to this folder till MacOS Mojave, but on Catalina, I tells me "You can only read" (image) even though I am the "Admin" in Users & Groups.

    I found that except for the home folder, most other folders gives me only read access, which was not the case in Mojave. Is there any way I can get back read / write access to these folders?

    Note: If I try to change the "Privilege" option, it gives me an error "The operation can't be completed because you don't have the necessary permission."

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/post_depression
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook 12' users, how your experience running Catalina?

    Posted: 13 Oct 2019 02:02 PM PDT

    I've been thinking of downgrading to Mojave, opening the apps folder on the dock and scrolling was already laggy as hell, but Catalina has taken that experience out of folders and into the whole dock and other parts of the desktop, is horrible. Oddly enough LauchPad runs so smooth, are other people experiencing this as well? would a clean install solve anything?

    submitted by /u/alejandromellado7
    [link] [comments]

    iTunes Store is gone/missing in macOS Catalina?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 01:12 AM PDT

    I can't find the iTunes Store in Catalina. Not in Apple Music app and either in Apple TV app, and there is no separate app for it like on iOS. Does someone know who I can see my purchases on that store?

    submitted by /u/JoeyNL
    [link] [comments]

    best software to remove duplicates from list of text?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 01:02 AM PDT

    looking for what are the other simple easy better options out there

    current process is:

    1. cut list of text

    2. open sublime text

    3. paste into sublime

    4. click edit

    5. clikc 'sort lines'

    6. click edit

    7. click 'permete liines'

    8. click 'unique'

    9. copy list of text

    10. close sublime (2 steps here... sigh)

    11. paste list of etxt back into right place

    am uninstalling sublime, looking for what are the other simple easy better options out there

    submitted by /u/bestminipc
    [link] [comments]

    Is It Possible to Remove Sidebar from Music App?

    Posted: 13 Oct 2019 04:00 PM PDT

    Title. I just prefer to see the song list only.

    submitted by /u/ChemicalPlantZone
    [link] [comments]

    Any bright ideas - I need some guidance

    Posted: 13 Oct 2019 08:47 PM PDT

    The wi-fi seems to have tossed in the towel on my 2017 iMac. I am looking for a USB wifi adapter that will work with Catalina.

    Any suggestions would be welcome. The problem arose following the installation of 10.15 but I don't think the problem is related as the usual tricks don't seem to work.

    Many thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/griggpj
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel