• Breaking News

    Monday, October 14, 2019

    Apple TV Anyone's Netflix App starts lagging to the point of unusable after a short period of use?

    Apple TV Anyone's Netflix App starts lagging to the point of unusable after a short period of use?


    Anyone's Netflix App starts lagging to the point of unusable after a short period of use?

    Posted: 13 Oct 2019 12:59 PM PDT

    I have Apple 4K. This started happening about half a year ago. After I start Netflix, it runs just fine for about a minute and the becomes progressively worse. It starts becoming less and less responsive while scrolling through items, and eventually, the delay is so bad, I need to restart it. Then it becomes good again, until it starts lagging again.

    Any solutions to this? At this point I don't even bother browsing through new titles, because having to restart every minute is just too much of a pain.

    EDIT: Looks like a common issue: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250434813

    EDIT2 : A user suggested in a private message that this issue has been fixed in a recent update, and the reason it still seems to be present, is possibly because of slow Netflix rollout. In any case he's been running 13.0, and I am at 13.2 (beta updates). I deleted Netflix app (select it, so it shakes, then click play button, then select delete). Reinstalled it, and the problem seems to be gone. I have no slow downs despite scrolling all over the place like crazy for a couple minutes. Hopefully that's what it was.

    submitted by /u/TheEternal21
    [link] [comments]

    Apple and Disney Have a Huge Advantage in Streaming

    Posted: 13 Oct 2019 05:29 AM PDT

    Change “What’s Next”

    Posted: 13 Oct 2019 04:41 AM PDT

    Is there a way to turn off the huge banner in "What's Next" showing shows I just don't give a damn about?

    submitted by /u/Bjboulden
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV goes to sleep while audio is being AirPlayed from another device

    Posted: 13 Oct 2019 12:51 PM PDT

    Hey guys I've been having this issue since updating to tvOS 13 on my 4th gen Apple TV. I'll AirPlay music from another device like my iPhone or Mac and if there's no other activity for a period of time, it'll simply go to sleep. Obviously, I can just go into settings and set the sleep time to never but I'd rather not have to do that if possible. Are there any other options I could try? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Freedom_Fighter_0798
    [link] [comments]

    [Help] Apple TV not allowing audio to pass through from Receiver

    Posted: 13 Oct 2019 08:46 PM PDT

    So pre-iOS 13 everything worked fine. However, since the update I have been having issues getting the sound to play through my Blu-ray surround sound receiver hooked up to my TV when I use the Apple TV to power everything on (as opposed to turning on the TV with the remote first).

    So my set up is as follows: When I turn on my Apple TV, it turns on my Panasonic TV which is hooked up via HDMI to a Panasonic Blu-ray/Receiver. This is convenient since I wouldn't need to use the actual TV remote at all as powering up the Apple TV would power up all the components I.e., the TV and Blu-ray/receiver. However, since the update, powering up the Apple TV to turn on the whole set up doesn't allow the audio from the Apple TV to play.

    For example, I will turn on my Apple TV from the remote on my iPhone. This also turns on the TV and the receiver like normal. I will then try to airplay music from my phone to the Apple TV all from the convenience of my room without having to go to the living room. However, no sound comes out at all. If I look at the screen, the Apple TV shows as if the media is playing but no sound comes out. Same thing if I turn on the Apple TV with the Apple TV remote or the remote app: no sound even though everything is on and there is definitely media playing. If i try to play Netflix or any other type of video media app or airplay from my phone, the audio just doesn't pass through to the receiver.

    But, if I turn on the TV with the actual TV remote first, then turn on Apple TV, I can Airplay just fine and similarly all the audio from the video media apps works fine.

    Is anyone else having these issues??

    submitted by /u/futureblap
    [link] [comments]

    How to restrict/prevent app uninstall (tvOS 13)

    Posted: 13 Oct 2019 07:49 PM PDT

    Hi guys I just got my ATV 4k, my question is how to restrict or prevent app from being uninstalled.

    I tried fiddling around with the restriction/parental control settings, also googled and found no solution for this. Anyone can please kindly help?

    submitted by /u/quinarre
    [link] [comments]

    Dolby Vision Flicker on Netflix on Apple TV 4K

    Posted: 13 Oct 2019 02:28 PM PDT

    Hello, I have noticed that while watching Netflix on Apple TV 4K, Dolby vision content has a flicker where the image flickers frequently. I am using high speed hdmi cables on a Samsung QLED (which only supports HDR, not Dolby vision). Does anyone have a fix to this issue? It's driving me insane. This issue does not occur on other hdr services like vudu or iTunes, only on Netflix.

    submitted by /u/Bosnia95
    [link] [comments]

    Can only power up Apple TV by unplugging and plugging back in

    Posted: 13 Oct 2019 05:34 PM PDT

    My remote is no longer waking my Apple TV up. I generally press any button to turn it on/wake it up but lately I have to unplug it then plug back in. After it gets started my remote works fine.

    I have the 4 by the way

    submitted by /u/jmrodg65
    [link] [comments]

    Remote connection lost

    Posted: 13 Oct 2019 09:24 AM PDT

    So since tvos13 after 1/1.5hours of watching something i get a popup in the topright corner "remote connection lost", incredibly annoying and its only since tvos13. If you press the remote after that you get "remote connected" popup instead.

    Anyone else?

    submitted by /u/user_276589
    [link] [comments]

    DualShock 4 Light Bar Color?

    Posted: 13 Oct 2019 04:53 PM PDT

    I just paired a DualShock 4 to my AppleTV, and I love it! It's great to finally have a good game pad to use when I want to play a game on my AppleTV (which, right now, is mostly Steam streaming). However, the reddish-pink color that the light bar uses once paired is ugly and obnoxious. Has anybody found a way to change it? I tried to change it through Steam, but it didn't have any effect. There also doesn't seem to be a setting for it anywhere. If there's no way then I'll live with it, but just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.

    submitted by /u/logicality77
    [link] [comments]

    Family Sharing, Movies

    Posted: 13 Oct 2019 04:08 PM PDT

    Now that we can add user profiles to Apple TV, is there any way to share purchased movies with all users within the family?

    My wife and I have purchased all of our iTunes movies with a joint iCloud account. The joint account is also our family organizer. The joint account is also the primary account on the Apple TV. With AppleTV+ coming soon, I want to set both our kids up with profiles on both our Apple TV's. I did some testing, and it doesn't appear that they will be able to see the movies purchased with the joint account.

    Does anyone else have a similar situation? work around?

    submitted by /u/DeadpanDann
    [link] [comments]

    Huge annoyance with the Apple TV app for iPhone

    Posted: 13 Oct 2019 02:53 PM PDT

    So I really like the TV app and will likely try out the paid service when it's released next month. But I seriously hate one aspect of the app's interface, which is how the video is moved along so sensitively with your finger. You barely swipe anywhere and the video closes out or moves around with your touch.

    For example, I absolutely hate smudges on my screen, so I like to wipe the display with a microfiber cloth or with my shirt every now and then. And every single time it registers that I'm touching the screen and the video moves along with my finger's movement as I'm wiping. You barely have to drag your finger and the video is disrupted and eventually closes out.

    I find this incredibly annoying and inconvenient. I know it's supposed to make it easier for the user to exit videos, but I don't think it's that hard to simply tap an X if I want to close the video myself. This really puts a damper on the viewing experience for me, as I've downloaded many tv shows from iTunes and like to revisit them from time to time. The YouTube app is perfect for videos because it's not so sensitive to touch, I wish other video media players were like it.

    Does anyone else find this annoying too, or is it just me?

    submitted by /u/stevrevv59
    [link] [comments]

    Just Dance Now Game for Apple TV 4K

    Posted: 13 Oct 2019 12:38 PM PDT

    Is there a way to make the music from the game Just Dance Now output to my HomePods and AirPlay 2 Speakers while playing the game?

    submitted by /u/DontLookIntoMyEyes
    [link] [comments]

    How to change from Ethernet to WiFi?

    Posted: 13 Oct 2019 11:41 AM PDT

    Hey everybody! I'm in a little pickle right now.

    I haven't used my 4K Apple TV since April due to me moving to a different state. I was able to use Apple TV only by the remote, as a lost the remote for my Apple TV probably a month after I bought it a year ago. Literally went into the couch I had and never found it again.

    It's getting to the point where I really want to start using it again, and found that hooking up Ethernet to it can let me use my phone as a remote again. The problem is I want to get it on WiFi and disconnect the Ethernet as I'm using my computers Ethernet for the Apple TV.

    Any way I can get around the Ethernet problem? Thanks everyone

    submitted by /u/knuckledragga
    [link] [comments]

    US Apple TV in Europe?

    Posted: 13 Oct 2019 10:54 AM PDT

    Visiting the US later this year and the ATV is about 20% less expensive than here.

    If I buy a unit over there will I just be able to swap out the power cord & use as is?

    submitted by /u/ou812_X
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel