• Breaking News

    Sunday, October 20, 2019

    macOS Catalina Bluetooth Issues: Nothing stays connected for more than a few minutes at a time. Have to keep disconnecting and reconnecting.

    macOS Catalina Bluetooth Issues: Nothing stays connected for more than a few minutes at a time. Have to keep disconnecting and reconnecting.


    Catalina Bluetooth Issues: Nothing stays connected for more than a few minutes at a time. Have to keep disconnecting and reconnecting.

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 08:39 PM PDT

    How TF do I fix this.

    submitted by /u/CaptainKyloStark
    [link] [comments]

    Photos (on Catalina): how to download originals to my Mac?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 01:34 AM PDT

    Photos had the option to download originals to Mac (while having optimised storage on). That option has disappeared on Catalina. I cannot find it anywhere.

    I need to sort out 600 videos, this will take me weeks now: open movie, wait for download (4K/60fps!), play, delete (or keep), next, wait for download, preview.... Why is Apple punishing me/us by releasing this crap?! 😉

    submitted by /u/iAmRenzo
    [link] [comments]

    iMessage notification not showing contact name?

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 08:08 PM PDT

    I noticed after a full clean upgrade to Catalina, when I receive an iMessage notification, it only shows the phone number - not the contact name.

    It shows correctly in iMessage - when I go to iMessage, all the contact info is showing correct. It's just not showing the contact name in notifications?

    I've looked everywhere I can think, and can't really find anything searching on the webz - anyone else come across this or know a fix?

    submitted by /u/huskyvarnish
    [link] [comments]

    Any free alternative to Parallels or VMware?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 01:50 AM PDT

    Should Macbook Pro 2019 with 1.4GHz processer update to new Catalina OS?

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 07:32 PM PDT

    Whether update to Catalina or remain in Mojave?

    submitted by /u/AlphaGoMK
    [link] [comments]

    I am having a problem with winebottler

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 01:21 AM PDT

    whenever i try to use it for the one thing that i want to use it for i get his error

    ###BOTTLING### Create .app...

    ###BOTTLING### Enabling CoreAudio, Colors, Antialiasing and flat menus...

    /var/folders/q1/djz0h8tn4xgdthgx84chyc080000gn/T/AppTranslocation/7039DBA9-6A5A-4725-8E30-3AD6CB9D7344/d/WineBottler.app/Contents/Frameworks/WBottler.framework/Resources/bottler.sh: line 142: /Applications/Wine.app/Contents/Resources/bin/wine: Bad CPU type in executable

    ### LOG ### Command '/Applications/Wine.app/Contents/Resources/bin/wine regedit /tmp/reg.reg' returned status 126.

    i am trying to run adobe dream weaver and i need to use a copy from my old pc so i copied over the install file the only think that i could think of trying was updateding my winebottler to the newest version.

    submitted by /u/jake34959
    [link] [comments]

    Is ublock origin working in safari macOS Catalina ?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 12:59 AM PDT

    This is the only reason I haven't updated my Mac OS. Could you please share your thoughts?

    submitted by /u/ilovepolymers
    [link] [comments]

    Maps favourites sync

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 12:46 AM PDT

    Maybe I'm taking this wrong but I've started using the Maps application on my Mac in order to ditch Google Maps forever. I started to add more and more locations to my favourites so that I could use them later on my iPhone.

    The surprise on my face when I jumped into my car, started CarPlay Maps to find out non of my favorites are there. They didn't sync, not after a few minutes or even hours. Is this normal or something I can change?

    (This could also been posted in the iOS subreddit, but I posted here as I want to use the Maps app on MacOS.)

    submitted by /u/StephRS14
    [link] [comments]

    Unable to send a message to non-whitelisted contacts while screen time is enabled??????

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 09:00 PM PDT

    Has anyone seen this message while trying to send an iMessage? How do I fix this??? Soooo annoying!

    submitted by /u/ivanpasic
    [link] [comments]

    Is anyone else's Quick Look working backwards when using the arrow keys?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 12:35 AM PDT

    When I go into a folder and Select All and then hit Space, the file showing up in the Quick Look window is the bottommost file in the folder, not the topmost one as I'd expect. Then, when I arrow forwards, it instead goes in reverse and shows me the second-last file and so on.

    Basically to advance in a Quick Look selection I have to use the left arrow key and vice versa. It's probably a tiny piece of incorrect code somewhere, but it's pretty annoying and it's happened in every build of Catalina I've used.

    submitted by /u/PithyRiposte
    [link] [comments]

    Photos on Mac and iPhone not syncing after update

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 02:18 PM PDT

    Hello. So as the title says, after I updated to the new MacOS and iOS, my photos aren't in sync. I used to be able to pull up all my pics in photos on my Mac, but after the update most of them have disappeared. They're all still on my iPhone, however.

    Is there any way to get my Mac to sync with my iPhone photos again? I didn't change any of my iCloud settings but I checked to make sure and nothing looks off. Could I be missing something?

    Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/e88wendt
    [link] [comments]

    When does a Mac decide to create cache of iPhoto library? Does it create cache even when photos or videos are stationary (isn’t opened or modified)?

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 02:36 PM PDT

    Does it begin to create cache as soon as photos are downloaded? What happens when photos are deleted, are caches also deleted?

    On another note, does quicklook feature change access times on filestamps?

    submitted by /u/Lackluster123
    [link] [comments]

    Unsupported Photos Library after Upgrading to Catalina

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 04:22 PM PDT

    I was previously on the Catalina Beta and my photos library was working just fine. I then upgraded to the full release and started getting an unsupported library error. It says "The library "Photos Library" is from a newer version of Photos. Please upgrade Photos to open this library. Any fix for this?

    submitted by /u/Uzikills
    [link] [comments]

    Photos doesn't update inside Finder to upload

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 07:23 PM PDT

    Hi there, I am having issues that when you select to upload a file, and want to tab into Photos to upload a picture, they never update. Inside Photos.app I see them all there, but like most recent 10 photos never show up. Super frustrating. Anyone had that issue before? Updated to latest macOS version.

    submitted by /u/soramac
    [link] [comments]

    YouTube Audio Issue with Safari

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 06:39 PM PDT

    I pause a YouTube video on Safari. Then I hit play again and the video resumes playing as normal, but for a brief moment the audio doesn't play at all. After that moment passes it plays in sync with the video again as it should.

    This behavior was consistent before upgrading to Catalina and was disappointed when nothing changed after installing the new software.

    Watching YouTube via Safari on my iPad/iPhone however works just fine, this issue only happens on my mac when using Safari.

    I've already cleared my cache and browsing history to try to solve it, and I have no plugins installed currently. using a 2018 15" MBP.

    Anyone have a solution?

    submitted by /u/tbar310
    [link] [comments]

    iLife Support update

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 01:48 PM PDT

    So I am newer to Macs , but very familiar with Windows OS. I am always am tweaking my system trying to improve it. It's a character flaw I have. Anyways, I deleted all the iLife folders & subs on my Mac trying to tweak it, which is running Catalina and did not back it up. Now I am getting an update notification for iLIfe support 9.0.4. It says basically its corrupted when I try to update it. Do I need to reload the OS or is there a way to disable that particular update? Its more of an annoyance as so far everything is still working fine as far as I can tell. I looked online but can't find a solution to my issue. Thanks in advance for the assistance.

    submitted by /u/ronefx
    [link] [comments]

    Mac OS siriusxm player

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 12:51 PM PDT

    anyone know of an app that plays your subscription of siriusxm on Mac OS ?..Dont like playing it on the web..

    submitted by /u/Aunkster
    [link] [comments]

    macOS Catalina Stop/Block The iOS Update Reminders Notification?

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 04:24 PM PDT

    macOS Catalina Stop/Block The iOS Update Reminders Notification?

    this really frustrating me as i dont allways want to be on the latest iOS FW how do i stop this annoying notification?

    https://i.redd.it/kjnyef1i0lt31.jpg

    there is nothing in the notification settings or finder settings.

    anyone know if there is terminal command or defualts write string that can trun this off?

    submitted by /u/XxUnkn0wnxX
    [link] [comments]

    I have a question

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 03:25 PM PDT

    Can I completely remove MacOS and install Windows?

    submitted by /u/MrTajniak
    [link] [comments]

    Catalina battery drain on sleep

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 10:43 AM PDT

    I've been having issues with the latest version of Catalina 10.15. The battery drains ridiculously fast, even during sleep. Just now it drained from 100% to 0% in 4 hours on sleep. I can't seem to figure out why it's doing this. Even an SMC reset isn't doing anything.

    Can anyone help me with this?

    submitted by /u/keptsecret1
    [link] [comments]

    Issues with Catalina

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 10:01 AM PDT

    I have been having issues with iphone, and the Music app with the Catalina update

    1. Music/iTunes: I have a lot of missing album covers. I went back through these individually and update tha album artwork, some updated. Some did not. Is there a way to get the app to update these covers?

    2. After syncing my iPhone, I notice on my iPhone that all my playlists were messed up. I had duplicates of duplicates. Some of the duplicates were empty, others only had portions of the original. The originals are there but difficult to find. You used to be able to open iTunes and edit the playlists in the iPhone directly. You can't seem to do that. Is there something to fix it other than resetting iPhone (with no guarantees that it would fix it

    Has anyone else seen these issues? Can anybody help

    submitted by /u/FairPlay-Mtg
    [link] [comments]

    What is "Scheduled Event"?

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 12:55 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel