• Breaking News

    Sunday, October 20, 2019

    Apple Macbook Restarted Mac While Holding Shift+Option+Cmd+R. What the hell happened?

    Apple Macbook Restarted Mac While Holding Shift+Option+Cmd+R. What the hell happened?


    Restarted Mac While Holding Shift+Option+Cmd+R. What the hell happened?

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 07:38 PM PDT

    Which MacBook to go for?

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 12:41 PM PDT

    I'm a Graphics student and I'm really undecided on which MacBook I should get. I use PhotoShop/Illustrator (I don't do video editing, music etc). I'm stuck deciding whether I should get the MacBook Air (new 2019) or the MacBook Pro (13" only as the 15" one is wayyy to expensive lol). Would appreciate some feedback!

    submitted by /u/lumpatious
    [link] [comments]

    Reliability of Pinfinder

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 09:32 PM PDT

    Hi all, after looking for a way to bypass my forgotten screen time password, I've come across several websites insisting the use of Pinfinder to recover it. Does anyone know how reliable it is? Is it dodgy, will there be any viruses or any of my files accessed? Has anyone else used this?

    submitted by /u/immobilisingtime
    [link] [comments]

    What kind of physical abuse/damage has your Macbook survived?

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 06:36 PM PDT

    Just wanting to get a sense of how hardy these things are.

    submitted by /u/AlwaysASlut4Pizza
    [link] [comments]

    Refurbished - existing battery usage?

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 05:13 PM PDT

    To anyone who's bought a refurbished macbook (air/pro) from Apple: how many "cycles" were on the battery when you got it?

    The refubs have a great reputation - "like new". But if it's truly used in some way, it's likely that the battery will have some use on it. Anybody seen this?

    submitted by /u/tracychavez
    [link] [comments]

    2018 13” MBP Updated to Catalina - Won’t power on? Help?

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 03:24 PM PDT

    Sorry about formatting. I'm on mobile...for reasons.

    Originally purchased new from Apple store last October.

    Updated from High Sierra to Mojave near beginning of year. No problems.

    Updated to Catalina an hour ago. It downloaded. Installed. Powered off to restart maybe?(missed the message). Waited a few minutes and it didn't power on / no indication of it being powered. It was at 100% battery pre update and plugged into AC (the cord and adapter that came with it). Tried holding power button on for 10/20/30 secs. No indication of life. Tried plugging ac into other 4 ports to no avail. Tested AC adapter and cord, and it charges another USB C device, but again the MBP was full.

    No issues like this at all in past/no power issues etc. Occasional restart due to an error with a program or something. Occasional odd keyboard double entries on some keys(haven't figured out a pattern).

    I don't know what to do that I haven't. Hoping the internet can point out something my mind isn't catching.

    submitted by /u/xeldasa
    [link] [comments]

    Installing an old OSX on my MacBook Pro

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 02:36 PM PDT

    Hey, I have a MacBook Pro 13'' (Mid 2012), with Sierra. I've noticed it's getting slow so I want to make a clean OS X installation. I wanted to know if it's possible to install Mavericks or Yosemite if it came with El Capitan pre-installed when I bought it.

    All I want is to make my machine a little bit faster in performance and since right now I can't afford a SSD or more ram I want to try an older OS X.

    submitted by /u/mexman21
    [link] [comments]

    GETTING RID OF SCREEN TIME WITHOUT PASSWORD

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 09:08 AM PDT

    So, I was messing around with my phone once and activated Screen Time by accident without bothering to remember what 4-digit number I pressed for the password. This then reached my iPad because when I was playing around the buttons, I turned on Family Sharing. For a while, I was like, okay, I'm fine with this, having it come up late at night whenever I'm trying to work. Now my MacBook has updated to include it and instead of pressing 'Set Up Later' I may have stupidly pressed okay instead. Now I've got a nuisance of not being able to do anything without Screen Time coming up on all of my Apple devices at night and I have no idea what to do to fix it. I'm a student, so I tend to pull quite a few late nights and really need to get past this barrier, particularly on my laptop. Can someone suggest some ideas?

    submitted by /u/arcdeveroine
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Pro for University

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 05:00 AM PDT

    I'm planning on buying the 13 inch 1.4GHz model, but should I get it stock with 256gb, or 128gb with an external 256gb ssd? I'm aware that higher ssd space means that it'll be faster, but as I'll be using it for university, I don't think it'd matter to me too much.

    submitted by /u/II_SL
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel