• Breaking News

    Tuesday, October 15, 2019

    iPhone Did I just f*** up my iPhone SE trying to update from iOS 10.something to the latest iOS 13? Phone stuck on white Apple logo.

    iPhone Did I just f*** up my iPhone SE trying to update from iOS 10.something to the latest iOS 13? Phone stuck on white Apple logo.


    Did I just f*** up my iPhone SE trying to update from iOS 10.something to the latest iOS 13? Phone stuck on white Apple logo.

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 10:13 PM PDT

    So I had been evading software updates for over 2 years now because I thought that they made the phone slower and used up all of its little memory (I have iPhone SE 32GB). But yesterday after being annoyed of not being able to install Netflix and a teacher's app on my phone and after consulting with my iPhone owning friends (including my sister who has the same model as me), I decided to finally let the update happen. I gave my consent to the update last evening at 8pm. It's 8am the following morning and as of now, my phone is still stuck on the opening screen, with the white Apple logo showing and reappearing from time to time. I already tried pushing the home button and power on/off button together: it turned the phone off for a moment and one time it showed blue bars, but then started showing the white Apple logo again. What can I do to fix my phone? When I tried connecting it to iTunes via USB cable like someone online suggested (to factory reset), the computer didn't even recognize the device. I am really at a loss because I will be moving around a lot in the next couple of days and need my phone desperately for work. Please help and give any suggestions you know of!

    submitted by /u/madamedgarderobe
    [link] [comments]

    Why hasn't Apple created a native feature to capture stills from video?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 10:09 AM PDT

    In the Photos app, there's an edit option to crop, filter, etc with your videos. But why do I still have to either take a screenshot of a spot I want and crop or open it in iMovie? (I didn't open it in iMovie, but is that a fast workflow, seems like overkill). Does this feature exist natively and I'm just not finding it? How do you quickly generate a separate photo from a frame within an existing video on iPhone?

    submitted by /u/piedpiperpivot
    [link] [comments]

    Massages app crashes on iPhone XR

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 06:08 PM PDT

    Can't type new messages it just freezes and closes itself. Only app this is happening. (iOS 13, tried reboot and factory reset) (I can only answer texts sent to me, that way I can only text people who already texted me first) Thank you.

    submitted by /u/castorb
    [link] [comments]

    Photos app closing

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 05:28 PM PDT

    After I updated to ios13, when I scroll through the gallery the app closes and I don't know why. Does anyone know why this happens and how can I fix this? PS this happens too in Google Drive tho

    submitted by /u/pacateu
    [link] [comments]

    Hotspot not working after iOS 13 update

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 02:07 PM PDT

    I updated my iPhone 6s to the new iOS system yesterday. I can't connect my iPad to my phones hotspot, it worked completely fine before the update.

    I've tried restarting my iPad and my iPhone, I've tried turning hotspot on and off.

    Anyone have any suggestions ?

    submitted by /u/WeresTheyreMelon
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 5s recognizing charger but not charging?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 11:42 AM PDT

    I have an iPhone 5s running the latest software, I believe 12.4.2 (can't check because phone is dead, but I update a week or two ago).

    This is how charging my dead iPhone usually works: If it is dead and you try to turn it on, you get a dead battery icon in the middle of the screen with a charger and lightning bolt icon beneath it. This means you need to plug it in. If you plug it in, you get a dead battery icon in the middle of the screen WITHOUT the charger/lightning bolt beneath it. This means it is charging. Once it has charged enough, the Apple icon appears and it turns on. My iPhone is old and tired and has a shoddy charger port, so I often have to do a bit of cable maneuvering to find the sweet spot where it charges.

    Here is my problem. My iPhone is dead, and when I put it on the charger, I get the dead-battery-with-charger-icon, meaning it is not charging and needs to be plugged in. But the weird thing is, it shows this icon immediately upon plugging in or unplugging the charger. I am not pressing any buttons, so clearly it is plugging in the charger that is triggering this. Which means it must sense the charger being plugged in and unplugged. If it can recognize the charger, why doesn't it charge? How can I fix this?

    I have left it sitting for awhile just to confirm that it is not charging, and it is not.

    submitted by /u/blaserk
    [link] [comments]

    Three beeps coming from iPad

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 10:15 AM PDT

    At night, with seemingly random intervals my iPad makes three beeps quickly and then they stop. It happens one or twice per 12 hours and I want to know what's wrong with it. I've had the iPad a few years and have never had this issue

    submitted by /u/BashirWasHere
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 5 stuck on Red Battery

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 06:03 AM PDT

    Soo, today i went to charge my iPhone 5. It showed the Battery Charge Symbol and i let it charge. That was 5 Hours ago, and it hasn't even turned on yet. How do i fix this, as need data off this Phone.

    submitted by /u/MrNebelFugi
    [link] [comments]

    Can I remove the “Other” in my storage?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 09:48 AM PDT

    I want to clean up space and there is this "other" that uses 3gb's on my iPhone. Can I remove this? Or find a different way to clean up space?

    submitted by /u/CaptainAcornYT
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 7 doesn't ring after 13.1.2 update

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 09:04 AM PDT

    MNAC2LL/A. Was working fine before, hasn't rung since the update was installed. Nothing else changed. Gives audible alerts for everything else, will play the ringtones when switching between them in settings.

    submitted by /u/canttaketheshyfromme
    [link] [comments]

    Pandora for Iphone 5 issues

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 07:07 AM PDT

    Brand new apple user. I got an Iphone 5 for music recently because the only port on a stereo at work is a lightning port. The software is Ios 10.4. Current Pandora requires Ios 11 or higher, and my phone says "up to date" if I try to update the software. Does anyone know of any bypass to get Pandora on the Iphone 5, or am I shit out of luck?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/PetrRabbit
    [link] [comments]

    Is the iPhone display harder than salt or sugar?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 03:31 AM PDT

    Just curious: Can I use my iPhone while eating chips or cookies, or does it scratch my display? I've seen so many scratch tests with knifes, keys and so on, but nobody has ever tested this everyday scenario.

    I'm using an iPhone 11 Pro Max.

    submitted by /u/pixlheld
    [link] [comments]

    Photo storage won’t clear...

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 03:19 AM PDT

    I have 164 GB Memory and after years of photos and videos it was completely full. I uploaded over 2k photos to Google photo to free up space, then deleted the "recently deleted" folder, and reset my phone. My phone shows all those pictures are gone, deleted, cannot be recovered, and yet the memory is still full! It prevents me from using the camera, installing new updates, saving any attachments, etc.

    Any suggestions for getting my phone to realize the memory is free?

    submitted by /u/notanannygoat
    [link] [comments]

    How do I turn off the sound of sending a text?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 02:51 AM PDT

    I want to keep the "text tone" I hear when I receive a text. I just want to turn off the sound when I send one.

    Same thing with "sent mail" — I was able to turn that off. But I can't even find the option for "sent text."

    Is the only option to make the text tone "none," even though I still want to hear a sound when I receive a text?

    I just want silence when I send a text, and my chosen text tone when I receive one. It's so odd to not see "sent text" listed in "sounds & haptics"!

    submitted by /u/Dhakajbd
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel