• Breaking News

    Monday, October 14, 2019

    Apple Help With live photos I can select an image as my key photo. Is there a way to also set a key photo with videos?

    Apple Help With live photos I can select an image as my key photo. Is there a way to also set a key photo with videos?


    With live photos I can select an image as my key photo. Is there a way to also set a key photo with videos?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 08:08 PM PDT

    iPhone 6- Is it only me? I'm considering buying a new phone upgrade. After I updated the IOS 12.4.2 Music crashes everytime. I've rebooted, reinstalled, reset, re everything. Is it outdated or a software issue? Nothing but problems since updating.

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 08:35 AM PDT

    Can't Activate Iphone 7 (iOS 13.1.2)

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 09:13 PM PDT

    Hi there, I don't know if this problem is a little common but I've tried searching everywhere and I still can't find a single solution.

    So I'm having a problem with my iPhone 7 which I can't activate which can't put me to the main menu. I had this phone recently and it's only running iOS 11.X something which I don't really remember what. And then iOS 12.4.1 has been around and the phone told me to update it. I updated it from the phone itself and it was successfully updated, however I've lost cellular network. Which did not bother me because I'm not using the cellular on this phone (But I do have a sim on it just in case I need data connection). By the time I needed to use the cellular network, I've figured that it's time to reset and update the phone, but after resetting and reformatting I suddenly can't activate the iPhone and this is the problem. Then iOS 13 has been around and I tried to update it once more via iTunes by resetting and updating it. But the problem still persist. I remember that when it was still on iOS 11. I can reset it with no problems but through the phone only. I really don't know what to do right now, I am thinking that this is a fake iPhone but I clearly don't know how to check if this is legit. This phone came from my friend so I don't have the box and manual, just the phone though.

    I hope someone will know and may possible be able to help me in this problem.

    TL;DR - I can't activate my iPhone 7 that has been factory reset and updated to iOS 13.1.2 but it was working and everything back when it was still on iOS 11

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/pnwn
    [link] [comments]

    Iphone wont charge

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 08:13 PM PDT

    I have an iphone 6 that is stuck in the charge boot up screen. I usually never let the phone run out of battery but this time it caught me completely off guard. It usually charges fine and the battery app told me my battery was fine. I can't get out of the battery charge screen. I tried the heat dryer numerous times to no avail. Please help as I need this phone for business. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Recklessabandon555
    [link] [comments]

    New MacBook Pro owner, basically sometimes when I am fullscreen in Youtube, my Trackpad kinda locks me out and doesn't allow me to click?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 09:57 PM PDT

    I have two random Youtube videos up currently. One has his problem and one is working fine. The one fucking up: I am literally just entering fullscreen in Youtube (using Safari), once I enter fullscreen, it thinks I have opened a new tab! I think. I assume this because my Touch Bar immediately highlights all my favourite websites, like it does when I Cmd T for a new tab. When this happens I can't click twice to exit fullscreen. I can pinch to exit, I can right click (using touch click), but I literally can't click shit with my cursor. The pointer doesn't turn into a grabber when hovering over the pause button lets say. While writing this I refreshed and it works fine? This has happened multiple times now however, like its random which videos will work fine and which won't. wtf is going on here? Hope its not some sort of bug cause that would be ridiculous. Thank you!

    'Edit: Spelling

    submitted by /u/Many_Before
    [link] [comments]

    MBPr Late 2013 with 750m GPU having issues with WoW Classic on Catalina

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 09:52 PM PDT

    How can I get my iPhone to stop notifying me to update my Apple Watch?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 09:51 PM PDT

    I don't have a watch charger so my Apple Watch is just a brick.

    I just updated my phone and now it keeps interrupting me with a notification to update my Apple Watch. Literally every five minutes or less. I can't delete the watch app without unpairing the watch, and I don't know what else to do. I can't unpair the watch because I don't have a watch charger.

    I tried turning off watch notifications and I tried turning off auto update in my phone settings.

    Please help me! My phone is driving me nuts.

    submitted by /u/reddit44private
    [link] [comments]

    Somehow my OS has lost some important files and reinstalling didn't help...

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 09:18 PM PDT

    My speakers aren't showing up in "sound." So I went to library to delete com.apple.soundprefs.plist and it's not there, no matter what I do, I reset PRAM, all that stuff, it will not show up.

    But then I realized I have soundflower installed so I go to finder, command shift G, and then I search for Library/Extensions and System/Library/Extensions to remove soundflower.kext. But the folders themselves don't exist?!?

    I've never done any sort of crazy stuff on this machine and TBH I have no clue how this could have happened. I have tried everything including reinstall but nothing is bringing the files back. Is there anything I can do to fix it?

    submitted by /u/Meridian17
    [link] [comments]

    macOS Catalina iCloud sync isn't working for me

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 05:28 PM PDT

    Hey r/applehelp. Ive tried countless times to sync my iCloud from my iPhone to my MacBook Pro. One of my problems is that my iPhotos and Notes are not syncing to my MacBook Pro . Any solutions or suggestions I should do? I've already checked on both my devices that iCloud is connected. Is there a bug within the new macOS Catalina? On Mojave my iCloud sync was perfect.

    submitted by /u/itunello
    [link] [comments]

    Blacked out

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 09:11 PM PDT

    So I figured out how to activate my phone through iTunes after being disabled. Everything started up fine and I stetted up the information to start the phone until it came to the apple ID, I tried signing in and it just reset everything back to the start and when it came to signing in for a second time everything just went black. I can tell that its on because of the little light coming off the phone but nothing seems to appear at all, whenever I try to shut the phone down it doesn't even pop up, neither does the apple logo. What can I do to fix this issue? I already tried to reset it again through iTunes but that was no luck at all.

    submitted by /u/ih8turtles
    [link] [comments]

    Can’t send or receive emails on me.com email

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 09:01 PM PDT

    I updated to the latest software and now my Mac air computer and Xs phone aren't receiving or sending emails. If more details are needed I can provide them. Help

    Edit: fixed. Thanks for the help

    submitted by /u/elieags
    [link] [comments]

    iOS 13 Downtime allows any app by tapping "one more minute" -- can I remove that?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 04:33 PM PDT

    I let my toddler play with my phone now that I have the option to turn off specific apps. In iOS 12, I'd have to put in the screen time passcode to allow any app that wasn't on the "always allow" list. Now it doesn't matter.

    I looked through the settings for screen time and downtime but couldn't find anything about that option. Is there any way to make it require the screen time passcode in order to use a supposedly-disallowed app?

    submitted by /u/lynn
    [link] [comments]

    Wifi - "no hardware" - replacing airport didn't work

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 02:53 PM PDT

    My boyfriend and I each got a mid-2012 macbook pro when we were in college together.

    Macbook #1 fell off of a table a couple years ago, leading to a bunch of damage, the hinge, LCD display panel. I was able to purchase and install a replacement and the laptop had been working fine for the past year up until its harddrive crashed.

    Macbook #2 had a harddrive failure about a year ago and I bought a SSD and installed it successfully. Although, after getting the OS up and running I had never been able to get the WiFi to work on it (error: "no hardware installed"). But I've just been using it with an ethernet cable.

    Just last week, Macbook #1 had a harddrive failure and I decided to just take it apart and try to replace Macbook #2's airport with the airport from #1. I thought that since the wifi had still been working on #1, that using this new airport (and connection strip) would solve the issue. However, I'm still getting the same error, "no hardware installed". I've been searching all over online but haven't been able to find any other possible reasons why this issue would be arising. Does anyone know what else might be causing this issue (if it's not the airport)?

    Thank you for any help!

    submitted by /u/bluekiwi1316
    [link] [comments]

    Cleaning iPhone Cameras

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 05:23 PM PDT

    Just got an iPhone 11 Pro and am loving the cameras! I want to clean the back cameras b/c they are covered in fingerprints now lol. I've read that I'm supposed to clean my phone with a microfiber cloth which I have. But I'm scared to do that 😬😬I don't want to damage the camera/ reduce picture quality. How does everyone else clean their iPhone back cameras? What are your results? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/ogvoidwalker2014
    [link] [comments]

    i am beyond mad

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 11:12 PM PDT

    i have never had troubles with an iPhone, but this, the issue i'm dealing with now has me questioning my latest purchase of the iPhone 11 Max Pro. I'm unaware if it is the device itself or the software, but the issue is definitely NOT my internet as I have multiple computers (including Macs), multiple iPhones connected to my home internet that run like a charm.

    This phone however, continues to fluctuate its network performance. I can't play games without high latency, I can't consistently browse Safari or Reddit without it out of nowhere, taking a minute to load a single post! I have tried everything under the sun to try and fix this. Has anyone had this issue? The issue of either iPhone 11 or iOS 13 causing inconsistent, fluctuating network perfomance?

    submitted by /u/tempermentaltyrant-
    [link] [comments]

    I am looking to transfer from a Power Mac G4 hard drive

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 05:00 PM PDT

    My father passed away in 2009, but we still have his computer. How should I go about getting the information off of the hard drive from this computer? Thanks everyone :)

    submitted by /u/DachshundWarLord
    [link] [comments]

    I plugged in my friend's USB drive and found a Chat Transcript file between my girlfriend and I.

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 10:51 PM PDT

    Last week, 10/7, I sent my friend some MATLAB code directly over iMessage. I thought nothing of it and went on with my day.

    Today, that same friend wanted to send me some code, so he put it on a flash drive and handed it to me.

    After opening the USB drive, I saw a file named something along the lines of "my name gf's name on 2019-10-07".

    How did a chat transcript file end up on his computer? I went over the old text message to him, and it contained only matlab code, and basic text conversations. I thought it was extremely strange.

    submitted by /u/americanmuscle1988
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook SSD full for unknown reason

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 10:37 PM PDT

    I've deleted everything I can, but the system has gone down to as low as 53MB free space.

    The task writing the most data seems to be coresymbolicationd. Kernel_task also seems very busy.

    Similar things have happened before when using Time Machine, but I've deleted it and disabled it as much as possible, in addition to trying to complete the backup either on a USB hard drive or Time Capsule.

    I seem quite stuck.

    submitted by /u/OKNoah
    [link] [comments]

    Should I buy macbook pro or wait?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 08:34 PM PDT

    I am thinking of buying the new 13" macbook pro. My question is if this is a good time to buy it or if I should wait for and update or new macbook in the near future. Thank you!

    submitted by /u/georgekantartzis
    [link] [comments]

    I need help. Iwatch s1 wont recieve compadible ipdate got an iphone 6s and apple servers are up

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 07:25 PM PDT

    My macbook pro keyboard is not working properly

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 07:09 PM PDT

    The problem is apparently with the number keys. When I type certain keys it also types some numbers. For example: when I press the right arrow it also types the number 8 and viceversa (if I press the 8 key it also registers the right arrow). Please, does someone know how to fix this? Or is the keyboard just malfunctioning and needs to be repaired by a technician? Thanks a lot!

    submitted by /u/MagoDeLaMugre
    [link] [comments]

    EFI Firmware Password Removal Service - How is this possible?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 03:20 PM PDT

    https://www.ebay.com/itm/MacBook-Pro-Retina-EFI-Firmware-Password-Unlock-Lock-Removal-Service/352745735315?hash=item522148c493:g:nUMAAOSwRJpdSYDS

    What method are they using to assist people in unlocking firmware-locked Macbooks? Mine got locked when I bought it from a trusted pawnstore, but unfortunately they did not check with original seller about this.

    submitted by /u/772194
    [link] [comments]

    Disabled iPhone

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 07:01 PM PDT

    I had recently taken my iPhone 6s to get a screen repair because the LCD broke, during the time it was on when it happened it basically disabled itself and now I have to go through the whole process of resetting it through iTunes, problem is I cant seem to figure out if this is even working. I followed the steps I was instructed to do on the apple help which was putting it in recovery mode by holding down the home button and power, and on YouTube its just the home button, either way iTunes was able to recognize my device but the image of recovery mode never seems to appear. Its just a black screen and so I go through it while it downloads whatever it has to but right around 1 GB of 3.41 GB it exits out back to the home screen until it hits 1 GB and stops to download completely. This is getting annoying and i'm wondering if this is even how its suppose to be done or if my phone is just kinda whack now.

    submitted by /u/ih8turtles
    [link] [comments]

    bootcamp issues

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 06:35 PM PDT

    so, the wifi driver it doesn't work, I've tried re installing it from the win install usb I have and it won't show up in device manager, I can't find any networks on the bottom right, its just a globe with a little cross, I've been having this issue even after re-installing windows via bootcamp, please help me I just want to use windows, I've also tried action then install windows support software and it says I need windows, but I just installed windows. Is there an alternative to bootcamp?
    I reset my Mac to dedicate 500gb to windows

    submitted by /u/LScorpion
    [link] [comments]

    AirDrop doesn’t show previews of what’s being sent to me.

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 02:16 PM PDT

    When people try to airdrop me stuff it just says "(name) wants to airdrop you a photo" or whatever it says. It let's me accept or decline, but doesn't actually show me a preview of the picture/video. Being in a bus full of high schoolers sending memes to each other gets a little frustrating when I can't see what they're trying to send me.

    submitted by /u/joseph244p
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel