• Breaking News

    Friday, October 11, 2019

    iPad My old iPad (2? 3? 4?) refuses to die.

    iPad My old iPad (2? 3? 4?) refuses to die.


    My old iPad (2? 3? 4?) refuses to die.

    Posted: 11 Oct 2019 08:15 AM PDT

    Does the iPad Pro’s USB-C support audio out? (Not via dongles)

    Posted: 11 Oct 2019 04:31 AM PDT

    I have V-Moda Crossfade M100 headphones which has interchangeable 3.5 mm jack outputs.

    So, if I buy a 3.5 mm jack (male) to USB-c (male) cable (NOT dongle), will it work?

    I asked an Apple employee the question:

    Can I buy a USB-C to AUX 3.5 mm cable, not a dongle, and make it work with my current wired headphones which has interchangeable 3.5mm outputs.

    One said: "Yes, the one with the glasses will service you".

    The employee with the glasses said something like "Only bluetooth. No cables. We have a dongle"... That confused me, because the fact that the iPad Pro supports dongle for audio is evidence that it supports audio out.

    So, can you help me in a place where Apple employee couldn't? :)

    Rather, does the USB-C have DAC

    submitted by /u/jonumand
    [link] [comments]

    If you hold down on a tab, you get options to arrange the tabs!

    Posted: 10 Oct 2019 09:11 PM PDT

    Picked up a sweet skin for my daily driver!

    Posted: 11 Oct 2019 03:05 PM PDT

    Procreate vs. Affinity Designer?

    Posted: 11 Oct 2019 08:23 AM PDT

    I absolutely LOVE Procreate on my iPad Pro 10.5! It is the most intuitive and well-designed drawing app I've ever used. Over the past several months, my old AF Dell laptop has been crapping out on me, and I finally decided to replace it. In doing so, I switched over to a Mac after decades of being a Windows user (I've never used Mac before this). Went with a Mac Mini and upgraded the hardware and installed MacOS Catalina. I'm really liking it so far.

    I am using Duet Display to use my iPad as an extended monitor and writing/drawing tablet. Unfortunately, I discovered that Procreate does not offer a Mac app. So, I asked over on the Mac subreddit for recommendations for a comparable drawing app on the Mac. So far, it sounds like Affinity Designer might be the closest I'm going to get on the Mac.

    Before I drop coin on Affinity, I'm back in this iPad subreddit to ask who all has experience using both Procreate and Affinity Designer? Is Affinity close enough to Procreate that I should be able to get along with it okay on my Mac? I really want to be able to use my iPad as a drawing tablet and be able to see my work on the larger screen connected to my Mac. I'm just afraid that I'm not going to find anything I like as well as Procreate, and I'm going to end up in this constant cycle of unplugging my large monitor from my Mac so that I can plug it into my iPad to mirror my Procreate sessions, and then unplugging/plugging back into my Mac when I want to use my Mac again.

    submitted by /u/Robb60120
    [link] [comments]

    Did anyone tried Kaweco pencil cover??

    Posted: 11 Oct 2019 06:40 AM PDT

    Hi guys, saw this pencil cover, Wondered if anyone tried it..

    so.. anyone?

    https://www.jetpens.com/Kaweco-Grip-for-Apple-Pencil-Red/pd/26338

    submitted by /u/Tonty1
    [link] [comments]

    iOS 13 Safari Video Player 15 second skip gone

    Posted: 11 Oct 2019 07:50 AM PDT

    Hello. I watch videos on Safari for school, but since the most recent update, the option to skip the video ahead or back 15 seconds is gone. I really need this feature as it is super useful to re-listen to parts of a lecture. Now it is gone, I have to manually scrub the video which sucks and always lands me at the wrong place (a 1-2 hour video makes it really hard to scrub exactly 15 seconds on the tiny bar in split screen mode). I thought it may have a jump feature like YouTube (where you double tap one side of the screen to make it jump 15 seconds), but it does not. Any thoughts on how I can turn this on, or how to get the feature back? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/yamadork
    [link] [comments]

    How do I find the owner of a lost iPad?

    Posted: 11 Oct 2019 03:56 PM PDT

    It's password protected and I can't access anything. I'm thinking about giving it to the local police department, but I found it on a bench in the train station.

    iPad Air 2 in a telenor bag in Slagelse station (train side)

    submitted by /u/Jacksong18
    [link] [comments]

    Good app for writing and printing notes

    Posted: 11 Oct 2019 03:48 PM PDT

    Hey!

    So I have an orgo exam coming up, and we are allowed to have a 4x6'' notecard of handwritten notes to use on the exam. Thought I'd really take advantage of my Ipad to fit as many things I can on the card and I was wondering if anyone knew of an app that allows me to format the page to a desired print size. I currently use OneNote, but when you try and print anything, the formating is ruined and ends up splitting the page in weird sections. Any suggestions?

    Thanks,

    A struggling college student

    submitted by /u/rtc_mein
    [link] [comments]

    Productivity increase thread! (Share and Ask)

    Posted: 11 Oct 2019 05:36 AM PDT

    Hello everyone!

    First of all sorry for my English, I'm not a native speaker and I will try to do my best.

    I have created this thread in order to help each other increasing our productivity with our iPads!

    This idea started after seeing the series of videos from our colleague u/robharrop where he talks about using our iPad as main device (great work btw! Your help in this thread, sharing your experience will be very appreciated)

    There is a lot of information in almost every thread under r/ipad and r/iPadPro, but it gets hard to find what we need. What do you think of creating a unique thread, with all the questions, answers, ideas, knowledge we ever need?

    Also it would be here where we can come and ask for help, finding the right software / hardware needed to increase your productivity with this device we all love!

    You can create all kind of scenarios where you would like to use your iPad, or things that you need to do and don't know how... Also let us all know what kind of things you already do with your iPad, and what kind of workflow you created.

    Final note: This is not intended to be a "computer replacement thread" since our iPad will never be a computer. Is an alternative (in so many aspects better) to using a computer during our everyday work.

    submitted by /u/letraz
    [link] [comments]

    Book reading app that supports apple pencil markup, but uses hand touch for pages turning?

    Posted: 11 Oct 2019 03:17 PM PDT

    Hello, is there any application that does "highlights" the text from a page, but uses hand touch for zooming in the page and turning pages? As far as i know, The books app does not support it :(

    submitted by /u/apurvatitanfall
    [link] [comments]

    whtRyall thoughts on getting the cheapest ipad and replacing the screen

    Posted: 11 Oct 2019 03:14 PM PDT

    as someone who replaced my air2 screen(it feel face1st on the hard marble floor and suprisingly, while the glass didnt suffer any damage...well...anymore than the cracks tht was already there, it was the lcd itself the was borked, it became fuzzy and barely responded to touch) with another screen(which was listed as for air2) whose glass lacked the bluetint antireflective coating(i hear tht with the ipadpro, apple did something to the coating tht made it a fingerprint magnet), and way more fragil glass(yep...already cracked..not badly enough for me to bother with it though...esp when i dont use the ijailtoy tht is the ipad much), but 1 which cost just under $100, is it evn possible to connect said laminated screen with the cheaper ipad or will it just not turn on

    yes...im part of the accesibility onscreenbuttongang now

    submitted by /u/msh_45
    [link] [comments]

    What Bluetooth mouse will work with an iPad and which won't?

    Posted: 11 Oct 2019 01:59 PM PDT

    Hi all. I'm struggling to find information as to which Bluetooth mouse (mice? Mouses?) will work with an iPad and which ones won't. I'd really like to pick up an inexpensive one to test out as I feel like that will make my iPad (6th gen) the only thing I need in my bag. I understand a mouse isn't necessary, but I'd like one. I'm hoping to find general information, like what to look for and what to avoid, but I'm open to specific suggestions as well. Thank you in advance!

    submitted by /u/BigOak1669
    [link] [comments]

    Has anyone found a good USB drive solution for lightning port iPads?

    Posted: 11 Oct 2019 01:40 AM PDT

    USB support is one of the main things I was excited about with iPadOS but the lack of power being outputted from lightning is making it difficult to find any storage accessories that work without external power.

    I have tried using a micro-sd car in an adapter like this one and while it worked for a minute it is extremely temperamental and often stops working, saying "The operation couldn't be completed. Bad file descriptor"

    Has anyone out there with a lightning iPad figured out a reliable way of using USB storage with iPad?

    submitted by /u/biblops
    [link] [comments]

    What do you think the iPad need the most?

    Posted: 11 Oct 2019 01:28 PM PDT

    One of my main problems with my iPad is that I cannot donwload, upload, compress or do whatever in the background.

    Reallyit botters me so much sometimes that I can't freaking downaload a movie on the Netflix without leaving the app or that I can't compress a file on the file app, while doing something else.

    submitted by /u/krebs01
    [link] [comments]

    Markup allows edits with hand despite Apple Pencil pairing

    Posted: 10 Oct 2019 10:20 PM PDT

    Has anyone else found this incredibly frustrating? For example, if you edit a pdf using the files app, the Apple Pencil will make the edits but so will your fingers. I don't remember this being an issue prior to updating to iPad OS.

    Also, has anyone tried to markup a PDF and sent it only for it to be unreadable on different machines?

    submitted by /u/sh0time
    [link] [comments]

    Would you recommend using duet display for windows 10?

    Posted: 11 Oct 2019 04:16 AM PDT

    I would like to have something as a secondary screen that i can draw on and the pen tablets by wacom and such are way to expensive. Can you guys tell me how you feel about duet display?

    submitted by /u/AidsUnicorn
    [link] [comments]

    Any way to turn off "Three finger undo" gesture?

    Posted: 11 Oct 2019 11:27 AM PDT

    I just noticed this feature on my new iPad and I can't turn it off. The main thing I used my old iPad for is GarageBand and playing any three note chords on the piano keyboard is impossible because it brings up the undo options. I tried turning off gestures in General>Multitasking & Dock>Gestures(off) but it persists.

    submitted by /u/Zodsayskneel
    [link] [comments]

    iPad Pro 10.5 Bright spot issue. What do I do? Apple says they won’t cover it under warranty?

    Posted: 11 Oct 2019 10:42 AM PDT

    I’ll be buying a new iPad hopefully by the end of this week, but I really can’t decide what size

    Posted: 11 Oct 2019 02:18 PM PDT

    Up until now, I've been using the 9.7" iPad Pro. I've been using it for handwritten notes for school and YouTube.

    I know I'll be buying one of the pros, but I'm unsure if I should go with the 11" or the 13".

    Anyone who uses their iPad for the same purpose, who can give me advice?

    submitted by /u/just_a_firenope
    [link] [comments]

    iPad Pro replacement due to an insufficient build quality

    Posted: 11 Oct 2019 08:32 AM PDT

    So basically my 2018 iPad Pro 12,9 got replaced around a month ago because of an issue with the touchscreen. Now over the time I am noticing new build quality issues with the replacement device. The buttons are jiggle and the Apple logo is very deep inside the aluminum resulting in very sharp edges. Do you guys think that is enough for a second replacement?

    submitted by /u/felix1919
    [link] [comments]

    iPadOS 13.2 beta 2 Released Here's The [Features & Changes]

    Posted: 11 Oct 2019 04:33 AM PDT

    Quick question

    Posted: 11 Oct 2019 08:02 AM PDT

    How to download file spread across multiple links at once from Safari?

    submitted by /u/Lazy_Love
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel