• Breaking News

    Friday, October 11, 2019

    Apple Help KINGSTON folder under Macintosh HD. Can somebody tell me what this folder is for? I cannot delete it, says required by macOS.

    Apple Help KINGSTON folder under Macintosh HD. Can somebody tell me what this folder is for? I cannot delete it, says required by macOS.


    KINGSTON folder under Macintosh HD. Can somebody tell me what this folder is for? I cannot delete it, says required by macOS.

    Posted: 11 Oct 2019 07:59 AM PDT

    Does anyone know what this is, the small text says “thank you from usadata”

    Posted: 11 Oct 2019 07:37 PM PDT

    Why do the desktops on my iMac move around? Is there a way to prevent this?

    Posted: 11 Oct 2019 06:50 PM PDT

    I have certain programs set up to open on specific desktops so that I scan flip right or left to access a given software. Sometimes those desktops will change. Why is that and how can I prevent this from happening?

    submitted by /u/cteavin
    [link] [comments]

    AppleTV 4K - Laggy response from the remote - Help!

    Posted: 11 Oct 2019 07:58 PM PDT

    The response on my remote is very "laggy" per say.

    • AppleTV is about <10FT from the sofa
    • AppleTv is behind the TV (TV mounted on the brick fireplace). - This could be the issue but caused by what? I have another AppleTv behind another TV which is even further from the remote and works flawlessly
    • Remote is 100% charged and tried to resync it
    • AppleTV up to date
    • AppleTV connected via wifi (no wired conn available)
    • Running 4K HDR
    • Running on 8K high quality HDMI cable -Monoprice DynamicView Ultra 8K HDMI Cable - 3 Feet - Black High Speed, 48Gbps

    Honestly I don't see other factor than the TV blocking the signal. I've tried to place it in a different region but not getting much luck. Originally almost in the middle of the tv now on the upper right corner.

    Any advise would be greatly appreciate.

    submitted by /u/k3tr4b
    [link] [comments]

    Why can't I delete team fortress 2? never played it, but its taking up loads of space which i need. (MacBook pro-2015)

    Posted: 11 Oct 2019 04:04 PM PDT

    Looking for apps that support “Sign In With Apple”

    Posted: 11 Oct 2019 10:29 AM PDT

    Is there an ongoing list (that gets updated) somewhere of apps/websites/services that support "Sign In With Apple" or a way to filter the App Store to which ones offer "Sign In With Apple"?

    submitted by /u/mosaicorange
    [link] [comments]

    iTunes ad versus just in the store

    Posted: 11 Oct 2019 09:08 PM PDT

    I don't even know how to phrase this headline. My best friend is having a seriously hard time with her spouse. She checked his iTunes from his old phone they gave their son. She found a bunch of dating/hookup/cheating apps with the cloud and arrow on them. Problem is that they're all in the "ads". So like Tinder for example, has the cloud and arrow on it to on the ad but not when you're scrolling and find it in the store not as an ad. It says "get" then. What could cause this? Has he previously downloaded them or not?

    submitted by /u/I_eat_all_the_cheese
    [link] [comments]

    How Do I Download Apple Music Songs Across All of my Devices?

    Posted: 11 Oct 2019 08:20 PM PDT

    how do i make it so apple music songs download across all my devices? they all download on my iphone when i add to library, but then they dont download on any of my other devices. i can see em on my library, but i dont want to go thru hitting download on 500+ songs lol

    submitted by /u/JumpZeke21
    [link] [comments]

    Thieves got iCloud password for my stolen phone- is my data at risk?

    Posted: 11 Oct 2019 07:44 PM PDT

    I've had an absolutely terrible week of luck, and now am afraid I may have put all my data at risk.

    TLDR: Thieves got iCloud pw for my stolen iPhone, which has now been removed from Find my iPhone. I immediately changed the pw and logged out of all devices- but is my data at risk still?

    My iPhone was stolen earlier this week. It was unlocked when they grabbed it from my hands, which had me panicking like no tomorrow, but it seems they immediately turned it off so I cannot track it, since when I checked Find my iPhone ~10 minutes later it was already offline, and there was nothing awry on my banking/social media/etc. I couldn't even see the last location either, even though I swear I had that setting on.

    I selected to put it in lost mode, but it always stayed pending. I also selected it to notify me when it comes back online. Disabled my SIM, blacklisted the device with my carrier.

    Good news: I had a recent phone backup, and my renters insurance covered the full cost of the XS, minus a deductible. Got a nice new iPhone 11 for nearly free.

    Bad news: Today I received a text. My iPhone was found! Knowing I had opted to receive a notification of when it came back online, I clicked on the link in the text to locate it, which brought me to the "iCloud" website. I entered my username and password and clicked submit, and then it hit me at that exact moment, and I immediately closed the tab. I just completely fucked myself over. In my excitement (and a bit distracted since I was hanging with a friend), my usual skepticism of any unwarranted texts/emails went out the window.

    I changed my iCloud password within 1.5 minutes, told it to log me out of all devices. I verified this by checking my laptop, it has indeed been logged out. I had 2FA on already for iCloud, btw, never got any text after the phishing, but I heard icloud.com doesn't require the 2FA authentication anyways.

    However- upon checking Find my iPhone, my stolen iPhone is no longer listed. In my devices in iCloud, it says Find my iPhone is turned off. Those quick motherfuckers...

    I don't care if they can erase and resell it. I have a new phone already. My questions are:

    1) Can they access my data on my phone now? (Note: It has a passcode) 2) Any chance they have access to my iCloud data? Pictures (thankfully I don't store much pics on iCloud), contacts, keychain (!!!!! especially this), ICloud Drive, etc. 3) Why did I never get any (actual) notification that my phone went back online like I was supposed to? Or if they turned Find my IPhone off from iCloud.com would that just bypass that? And if that, then why did I not get any email that "Your Apple ID (xxxx@xx.com) was used to sign in to iCloud via a web browser" like I usually would? 4) Should I remove my stolen iPhone from my devices associated with iCloud account? Or would THAT actually allow them to access all my data on the phone? Helpful or harmful thing to do this?

    submitted by /u/xuediao
    [link] [comments]

    MacOS Mojave taking up excessive disk space

    Posted: 11 Oct 2019 07:20 PM PDT

    First time poster here

    As the title says, I'm having trouble with the System taking up too much space on my Macbook Air (2015). I have a 128gb SSD, and I'm running on ~4.4gb right now. It shows around 101gb taken by system. I read quite a few posts on the Apple support forums, but they didn't really help. Here's what I did to resolve it:

    1. Made sure there are no TimeMachine backups
    2. I dont use mail on this machine, so nothing there
    3. Dont have an iPhone, never connected one to this machine
    4. I was using Docker but later stopped and uninstalled it. Little did I know, containers still lurk in my storage. Made sure all of those are deleted.
    5. Installed GrandPerspective and don't see too many large files that I can just delete.

    The real kicker is, when I delete stuff, the "system space" just grows more. It was at about 95gb when I started the exercise and now it shows taking up 101gb.

    Is there some real issue with Mojave showing this incorrectly? Would reverting back to High Sierra solve my problem?

    https://i.redd.it/42bc1ejns0s31.png

    submitted by /u/agooddoggo1
    [link] [comments]

    Choose Suggested contacts to send photos to, list?

    Posted: 11 Oct 2019 06:59 PM PDT

    Hi. With one of the newer updates whenever I select a photo, it suggests a list of recently called or texted people to send said photo to. Is there anyway to edit this list to just one person, or disable that feature altogether? Thank you.

    submitted by /u/SenorDevil
    [link] [comments]

    Mac Unable to Run Minecraft Version 1.14

    Posted: 11 Oct 2019 06:39 PM PDT

    I own a Mac laptop running OS version 10.10.5 (my laptop is 11 years old and cannot be updated anymore). I am unable to run the latest version of Minecraft (1.14.4). Every time I try to run my game in that version it crashes. It opens the java window for a few seconds (the screen is black however) and then it crashes and a notification comes on my screen that the game has crashed.

    Yes, I've tried downloaded Java 8 and messed with the Java Executable settings in the launcher but nothing seems to work.

    The latest version of Minecraft that I have found it's able to run is 1.12.2 but I am really looking to be able to run it. Please let me know of any solutions that may help me I'll try anything!

    submitted by /u/Clifford-The-Dog
    [link] [comments]

    Camera malfunctioning after updating to 13.1.2

    Posted: 11 Oct 2019 06:38 PM PDT

    Whenever I open the camera now everything seems fine but my 7plus won't save pics from the rear camera, then when I flip to the selfie cam and back to the rear the exposure is stuck on black hole dark no mater how hard I adjust it, and, will suddenly and at random start saving pics and vids again. Any ideas on how to fix? Will post results if the idea works.

    submitted by /u/CollinEnsik
    [link] [comments]

    I turned on my iPod 6 after a long time, could someone explain why the screen is like this

    Posted: 11 Oct 2019 06:12 PM PDT

    How to completely reset iPhone to factory settings?

    Posted: 11 Oct 2019 05:49 PM PDT

    Hi, I'm giving away my iPhone 6 to a younger 11 year old kid. Is there anyways to delete everything from iCloud account to photos to contacts?

    Another question, if I were to erase all content and settings, does that mean it is completely deleted? Will the phone not receive old data that was stored their previously?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/sheenohbi
    [link] [comments]

    Settings search results on iPad Pro 11 are wrong. (iOS 13.1.2)

    Posted: 11 Oct 2019 05:32 PM PDT

    I was looking for the Speech setting on the iPad Pro 11. It showed me a list of wrong results. Accessibility is not under General. There's no Speech under accessibility. Should someone tell Apple about this? Kinda annoying.

    I uploaded my iPhone X Settings search result as comparison.

    https://imgur.com/a/jFd7FAx

    submitted by /u/lamdog220
    [link] [comments]

    Catalina Nerfed HDMI on Mac Mini 2018

    Posted: 11 Oct 2019 12:56 PM PDT

    Hi, Immediately after upgrading to 10.15 the video out from my new Mac Mini 2018 (3.6 Quad i3) turned a bright magenta color. The mac is connected to a Benq w1070 projector. What's wild is the color doesn't go crazy until after logging in. (The login page displays correctly) Any thoughts on a fix? Some notes:

    • It's not the HDMI cable, tried three cables and both HDMI ports on the projector. Additionally I plugged a Nintendo Switch into the projector and the image is fine. Also the GUI from the projector on top of the mac feed is the correct color.

    • I initially thought it was the projector bulb- so I changed that. It's not the bulb.

    • I zapped the P-Ram. This fixes the boot screen color but things still go bright pink after login.

    • I've ordered a USB-C to HDMI dongle and will try that when it arrives

    Anyone have any ideas or should I just cross my fingers and hope it is somehow addressed in the forthcoming OS patch? This is really eating into my October horror movie marathon.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/conanmagnuson
    [link] [comments]

    [HELP] Macbook Pro Late 2013 i5 128 GB SSD, running MacOS Mojave. Can Bootcamp Windows be installed on an external HDD?

    Posted: 11 Oct 2019 04:30 PM PDT

    So pretty sure the title says it all. Is it possible to do so? i've an external HDD, 1 TB, Lenovo-branded. Pretty new to macOS so not sure how it works in some stuff. Any help would be appreciated!

    submitted by /u/MemeDaddyXI
    [link] [comments]

    I’ve gotten this message whenever I try to look through my messages for weeks since I got the new IOS. Anyone know how to fix. It’s been restarted.

    Posted: 11 Oct 2019 04:15 PM PDT

    IOS 13.1.2 keyboard question

    Posted: 11 Oct 2019 04:04 PM PDT

    So i recently updated to IOS 13.1.2 and was wondering if theres any setting for the keyboard to make the letters re-seize when you press the screen again? it was sorta helpful feedback-feature as i feel like i miss letters without it

    submitted by /u/Number1AFK
    [link] [comments]

    Two Macintosh HD's?

    Posted: 11 Oct 2019 04:01 PM PDT

    MacBook Pro 13-inch, 2017 Mojave 10.14.6

    So I upgraded to Catalina and the specific version of a program that I use daily wasn't working after the update so I went back to Mojave by using the backup that I had did right before the update to Catalina. During the process of restoring there was an error and so I had to do the restoring process again. After everything was done I ended up with Mojave however with two Macintosh HD's. I ended up calling apple and we went through changing the name of one of them (I just added "1" to the end) and then erasing it and then restoring again. However, it is still showing in disk utility.

    Should I try and fix this and restore it to the backup or will this not cause any issues in the future? I just wanna make sure that all my files and information on my mac are being saved properly and are backed up with no issue in case something happens.

    Pics before the 2nd restore https://imgur.com/a/8muQb53

    After the restore https://imgur.com/a/xx8WDRa

    submitted by /u/Psinthechat
    [link] [comments]

    Can my (late 2013), 27 inch iMac run a 4k 2nd screen? Also any suggestions for video editing?

    Posted: 11 Oct 2019 12:07 PM PDT

    Email is messing up

    Posted: 11 Oct 2019 03:41 PM PDT

    I have an iPhone 6. All of my emails are being are being put in junk or trash instead of my regular inbox. Any idea if what to do.

    submitted by /u/WizNova
    [link] [comments]

    The inside display for my 15" Macbook Pro (A1398) cracked. What should I do to get it fixed and how much would it cost?

    Posted: 11 Oct 2019 02:39 PM PDT

    My laptop got stepped on while a notebook was between the keyboard and the screen and as a result, the inside display cracked. I see a few cracks along with whiteness and a few colored vertical lines. The laptop itself works okay. I am currenty using it while hooking it up to my TV with an HDMI cable. Of course, I want to get my laptop fixed as soon as possible and as convenient as possible.

    I called a few places for a price inquiry but the main problem seems to be that it's an old model. I want to ask here to see the price range of the repair. The screen itself isn't cracked, but the interior seems to be. I would prefer if Apple could fix it, but if it is way too expensive, I might opt for a third party. I do know the downsides of having a third party fix it though.

    submitted by /u/lndngtm
    [link] [comments]

    How to pair Airpods with Mac but not iPhone?

    Posted: 11 Oct 2019 02:07 PM PDT

    The reason is a bit niche, but what it comes down to is waiting to use my Airpods as wireless Mac headphones but not have them paired to my iPhone, as the iPhone "steals" them away from my Mac whenever I answer a phone call.

    Whenever I unpair the Airpods from one device, it wipes them from all of my Apple devices. Is there a workaround?

    submitted by /u/slackador
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel