• Breaking News

    Sunday, October 20, 2019

    Apple Watch Weekly 'My Watch' Standard Config/Joined the Club Megathread - [October 20]

    Apple Watch Weekly 'My Watch' Standard Config/Joined the Club Megathread - [October 20]


    Weekly 'My Watch' Standard Config/Joined the Club Megathread - [October 20]

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 09:09 PM PDT

    Welcome to today's 'Joined the Club'/Standard Config Megathread.

    Want to show off your newly purchased Apple Watch? Here's the place! Introduce yourself to the community and show off your new Apple Watch and or your new band!

    This is the place for standard configuration configs (those that can be bought off Apple's website as a bundle). If you have a custom watch/band combo, please post it outside the thread!


    Rules

    1. Use a reputable image host. imgur.com is preferable. You do not have to set your album to public - simply copy the link.
    2. No NSFW posts.
    3. Directly linked images only (albums are acceptable).

    Here's all the previous joined the club threads

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Stormtrooper. Thought you guys might like this.

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 12:58 AM PDT

    Asked Siri to read me a haiku and the result is creepy.

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 06:20 AM PDT

    Using the Breathe app to help with with Withdrawal symptoms as I quit vaping. Seems to help.

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 08:23 AM PDT

    Got a tiny scratch on my Series 2 today.

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 12:13 AM PDT

    Finally fixed my AW4 battery drain and usage time issue.

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 02:20 PM PDT

    Finally fixed my AW4 battery drain and usage time issue.

    I have posted about a strange issue with my AW4 which was barely completing 1 day after a full charge instead of the usual 2+ days.

    I noticed that the usage time is so long instead of the usual 4-5 hours and tried everything with no success.

    Last week, I updated to WatchOS 5.3.2 and did a "Reset Fitness Calibration Data" which I think was the reason for the issue as it seemed that the watch was tracking Activity most of the time in a way that it drained battery so fast.

    Here are 2 screenshots of before and after:

    https://i.redd.it/26agat26jrt31.png

    https://i.redd.it/t9dh78d8jrt31.png

    Hope this helps anybody with a similar problem.

    submitted by /u/r9800pro
    [link] [comments]

    Series 3 durability is awesome

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 10:43 PM PDT

    My wife found her Apple Watch in the laundry.
    It went through the washer and dryer!
    I put it on its charger and it woke up!

    The glass and chassis are unscathed as well.
    I'm pretty damn impressed.

    submitted by /u/burstaneurysm
    [link] [comments]

    Rebooted to this, apple says send it in for service... anyone else series 3 just stop working?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 10:23 AM PDT

    My watch display (only) just cracked on the edges and peeled off. Watch works, didnt break it.

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 07:46 AM PDT

    Lost paired phone

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 01:39 PM PDT

    So my wife lost her iphone that her series 4 watch is paired to. For a while she had no problems still receiving texts but after a few weeks it quit working. Replacing the phone is not an option for a while so is there anything she can do to make it receive texts again?

    The watch does have cellular

    submitted by /u/p2_putter
    [link] [comments]

    What is the official name for this color?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 07:19 AM PDT

    Love my Boba Fett watch face! Looks perfect with my new Pine Green Sport Band! I can’t wait for The Mandalorian to start!

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 01:03 PM PDT

    World clock - remove time difference?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 10:34 AM PDT

    Just in case I'm missing it, is there a way to remove the time difference on the world clock complication? I've been trying to search and coming up empty, and if I'm using the time zone I'm currently in (for a digital time option) I really don't need to know that's it's "+0HRS". Any ideas would be appreciated, especially since WatchTheTime doesn't seem to be a thing any more.

    Series 4 running OS6.0.1

    submitted by /u/Bugomiha
    [link] [comments]

    40mm vs 44mm?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 12:34 PM PDT

    Running & GPS Accuracy

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 10:18 AM PDT

    Has anyone had issues running with Apple Watch?

    I just purchased a SS Series 5 and activated the cellular service option. I ran without my iPhone, but had a Garmin GPS watch with me as I ran to compare distance and pace measurements.

    I found there is a .02 difference per mile with the Apple Watch, so after a 12 mile run I had about a quarter of a mile difference between Apple and Garmin. So, when my Apple Watch hit 12 miles, my Garmin was at 11.75

    I followed the calibration instructions and that does not seem to have done anything. anyone else experiencing this? Frankly this was the primary reason for buying the watch - so I can have accurate long distance runs but still have the ability to be contacted in case of emergencies.

    Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/LastGrape9
    [link] [comments]

    Fed up with Siri on Apple Watch

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 05:12 AM PDT

    First time owner of Apple Watch and got an S5 last month. I'm fed up with the slowness of Siri. Every command takes at least 5-10 seconds to get a response and many times does not understand or take action.

    • "Call my brother" -- "One moment..." "I don't know who your brother is. In fact, I don't know who you are." even though she does.
    • "Turn on my Lamp" -- "I'm on it..." "Hold the line please" "Sorry, I didn't hear back from your devices."
    • Or the infamous "I'm sorry, but I can't take requests right now. Please try again in a bit."

    It's gotten irritating and I'm past the return period. Anyone else going through the same experience?

    submitted by /u/CautiousBrain
    [link] [comments]

    Which Apple watch is worth buying in 2019?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 08:31 AM PDT

    I am torn between the Apple watch series 3 and 5. It seems that there aren't many differences but I'm still pretty unsure. I currently don't have an Apple watch so.

    submitted by /u/K972022_JR
    [link] [comments]

    The ultimate Apple Watch charger

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 09:13 AM PDT

    Why is mail awful?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 12:57 PM PDT

    Since series O and still on my series 4, checking email on watch is brutally slow.. Will get subject line, but trying to read message takes so long i usually give up..

    submitted by /u/Herb4372
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a leather band that has white lugs to match the S5 Ceramic

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 12:51 PM PDT

    Uncle just bought a white ceramic watch, and I want to get him a leather band for his birthday. Does anyone know of a black leather band that had lugs that match the white ceramic? The silver lugs look like ass imo.

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/packfan1234
    [link] [comments]

    Apple watch worth it without cell service?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 12:48 PM PDT

    What are the limitations?

    submitted by /u/Jumbo86
    [link] [comments]

    Alarm not working on series 3

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 12:40 PM PDT

    Hey all, my wife has a series 3 Apple Watch that is paired with her iPhone XS. 2 days ago she updated the watch to watchOS 6.0.1. Since the update, when she sets an alarm on her phone it doesn't pop up on the watch. Can anyone help me figure out how to solve this please?

    EDIT: I searched on the sub and found at least one other poster with this same problem. Comments on that post said to restart the phone and watch, and if that didn't work to unpair and repair. Will update with how that goes

    EDIT 2: restarting both devices worked.

    submitted by /u/OmahaYessa
    [link] [comments]

    Are there any differences in hardware for exercising between series 2 and series 5?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 11:57 AM PDT

    Basically title. My swimming has lately been off by half a lap or so and I'm thinking it's due to the new watchOS being beefier and making my watch a bit slower.
    Therefore I'm thinking of upgrading to the latest model but I'm a bit hesitant to do that just because I'm occasionally missing half a lap.
    Have any of the sensors been updated (or anything added?) between S2 and S5 or does just having a better CPU translate to more accurate measurements? I might pull the plug if the health and activity aspect has better hardware.

    submitted by /u/Cliodne
    [link] [comments]

    Different tracking values Series 3 vs Series 5

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 03:44 AM PDT

    Hi guys. I have a quick question. I have an Apple watch series 3 and my wife has the 5 series.

    I have noticed quite a big difference in activity tracking between series 3 and 5.

    For instance , when we go walking, we both activate the option „ Walk outside", at the same time and start walking.

    At the end of the walk, her watch says she walked 3.5km and mine says 2.8km ...

    How can it be that her watch shows such a different value from mine even though we have walked the same distance?

    And which watch is more precise then , mine or hers?

    Has anyone had a similar experience? If so , were you able to solve this by somehow calibrating your watch?

    Thanks guys

    submitted by /u/donniefalcone
    [link] [comments]

    AW4 stops charging on charger?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 11:13 AM PDT

    I have a 4 that we bought just a couple months ago brand new that this weekend has basically stopped charging. You put it on the charger and it starts charging and after a minute or two it stops. I've done a hard reset. I've tried multiple outlets and two different watch cables. One I used to charge my own watch, so I know the outlet and cable worked.

    Any other ideas?

    submitted by /u/objectiveandbiased
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel