• Breaking News

    Tuesday, October 8, 2019

    Apple TV Anyone notice the clever icon for Apple Arcade?

    Apple TV Anyone notice the clever icon for Apple Arcade?


    Anyone notice the clever icon for Apple Arcade?

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 10:31 PM PDT

    Dark Mode Screensaver

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 10:33 AM PDT

    One thing I love about the Apple TV is that it automatically changes to dark mode when the sun goes down. However, I really wish they would have dedicated screensavers for when it is in dark mode. It sucks when its late at night and all of a sudden, some blinding white snow scene screensaver comes on, and just burns your retinas. Would be nice if they had dedicated screensavers for when it changes to dark mode automatically.

    submitted by /u/swfc1482
    [link] [comments]

    Lost your remote and can’t wake up your Apple TV with the iOS remote app?

    Posted: 08 Oct 2019 02:01 AM PDT

    This is a situation I find myself in a lot. The remote is missing like it usually is and I can't wake up the Apple TV from my phone, it just searches and then says "can't find Apple TV". Usually the solution for me is to pull the power cord out and in to force it to wake up, at which point the remote apps start connecting.

    But I've found a way to wake up the ATV every time without fail, you just need to screen mirror from iOS. This wakes it up when the remote apps do not. Once it's awake you can turn off mirroring and the remote apps can connect!

    submitted by /u/roartex89
    [link] [comments]

    AppleTV 4k audio - how does it work?

    Posted: 08 Oct 2019 04:41 AM PDT

    Hi, i have a 43inch monitor that I stream to over a steam link. I have been looking at getting an AppleTV as it has the steam link app, and to watch Netflix etc i wouldn't need to have my PC switched on. But I am wondering how to connect speakers. The screen doesn't have HDMI arc, and currently have a small speaker connected over 3.5mm cable from the headphone jack on the TV... I am looking to get a soundbar or speaker as well.

    I want to have a set up that allows me to control the volume from the apple tv controller - is this possible? Ideally i would like to not have to switch on the speaker to use the screen. Any advice?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/tyrannosaw
    [link] [comments]

    Dolby Vision movies sometimes go darkish

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 06:19 PM PDT

    Hey,

    While the specs on my cable would indicate it should not be a cable issue, I suspect/hope it is indeed a cable issue - figured I'd throw this out there to see if anyone else has experienced similar.

    I am currently using this cable in a 35 foot length (receiver to tv) and in a 3ft length (ATV to receiver):

    https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01HGODSGK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

    Watching an itunes dolby vision movie, when transitioning from a darker scene (say, nighttime) to a brighter scene (say, daytime), sometimes the daytime scene is not as bright as it should be - the colors look fine, but everything is a shade or two too dark.

    Almost all the time this happens things will 'auto correct' themselves after a few seconds (sometimes more like 10) - i.e. the scene suddenly brightens up.

    The one or two times that it has not corrected on its own, stopping and the starting the movie does the trick.

    It does not happen with every dolby vision movie, but when it happens, it usually happens only a couple of times in a movie.

    Thoughts? Sound like cable?

    I know monoprice cable are popular here. Which one of these would be recommended?

    https://www.amazon.ca/DynamicView-Active-Speed-Cable-18Gbps/dp/B01DWQMUBU/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=monoprice+hdmi+35&qid=1570496523&sr=8-1

    or

    https://www.amazon.ca/Monoprice-Active-Speed-Cable-18Gbps/dp/B019FN6CU4/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=monoprice+hdmi+35&qid=1570497138&sr=8-4

    Not sure why the first one is so much more - especially given it is 28awg vs. the 24awg of the second one.

    submitted by /u/pheare_me
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Is Ready to Burn Cash on its Streaming Service

    Posted: 08 Oct 2019 02:35 AM PDT

    Official Trailer for “The Elephant Queen” now available for viewing in the TV App.

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 11:53 AM PDT

    Finally a Spotify App!!

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 09:59 AM PDT

    My prayers have been answered after 4 years!!

    submitted by /u/GohB
    [link] [comments]

    Samsung TV no longer turns on Apple TV

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 01:06 PM PDT

    My Samsung Frame TV (2018) used to automatically turn on my Apple TV but it appears Apple TV updated recently and now that no longer happens. Is there a way to enable this again?

    submitted by /u/freredesalpes
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone know why on the Spotify tv app I can’t view my liked songs or am I missing something TIA

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 11:17 PM PDT

    Will Apple replace my Siri Remote if I bought my Apple TV less than a week ago?

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 10:42 PM PDT

    Accidents occurred and my remote is now shattered, will the Apple Store replace it?

    submitted by /u/Jacobblobaum
    [link] [comments]

    Help with subscription or am I just dumb?

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 07:14 PM PDT

    Hi, I'm brand new to the Apple ecosystem (literally got an iPhone and Apple TV last week after going all Android the last decade). I'm trying to set up my Apple TV, I have previously purchased subscriptions to HBONow, Stars, Netflix etc. However i cannot seem to find where to enter my username and password? I see a show like Silicon Valley but it says to subscribe through iTunes. My question is am I dumb and missing the login areas or must I subscribe through iTunes and cancel my previous subscriptions? Thank you for your help!

    submitted by /u/evogeler
    [link] [comments]

    Power light is on AppleTV 4K but I have no picture now..

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 06:48 PM PDT

    I'm setting up the AppleTV and all was good then it gave me the option to check for HDR and now I have no picture at all...any ideas what this is? I still have 6 days to return this if it's broke

    submitted by /u/wellwellwell789
    [link] [comments]

    Siri can turn on subtitles

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 05:45 PM PDT

    Just asked my phone to turn on subtitles on my Appletv and it worked. Any other features that work?

    submitted by /u/werenotwerthy
    [link] [comments]

    Music Night Setup Help

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 05:28 PM PDT

    Hey guys,

    Hoping that someone might be able to help me with the best possible setup for a Music Night at my local sporting club.

    We have a night once per year called "Shuffle Night" where people can buy a song, we get a total of 50 songs and at the start of the night put the playlist on shuffle, last song wins a heap of the prize money. It's one of the best nights of the year as there's usually a drink or 10 that goes along with it and has been bigger and bigger at each year.

    With the introduction of lyrics to Apple TV, I'd love to be able to use it to both play the (random) playlist and also to show the lyrics of the songs on a screen. However I'm struggling to think how I can connect this all up.

    There's 2 large powered speakers connected to a small 2 channel mixer. In previous years I have just had an iPad connect to one of the channels by Aux line out, and the other channel is for the microphone. However if I'm wanting to do video I can't think of how to connect the Apple TV via HDMI to the large TV/projector but then have the audio come through the 2ch mixer.

    Is the alternative to use an iPad with the HDMI/Lightning splitter? Or will this not split the audio to the mixer and the video to the TV? Also, what does lyrics look like on the iPad? I have only seen it on phone and Apple TV (iPad is too old for the newest update).

    Any help would be appreciated!

    submitted by /u/Foolsgold28
    [link] [comments]

    Streaming 4k movies from MacBook

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 01:06 PM PDT

    Hello! I assume that this question has been answered before, but here it is: can I steam downloaded movies in 4k stored on MacBook Air which does not support 4k (because it does not have 4k screen, of course)? To answer possible question, yes, I have Apple TV 4K and Sony 4k tv :)

    submitted by /u/ChopinfanCro
    [link] [comments]

    Been getting this pop up for the last few days

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 11:16 AM PDT

    Star Trek Short Trek

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 10:41 AM PDT

    I've subscribed to CBS All Access on AppleTV. I can't see the new "short trek" from there, and when I try to log in to CBA All Access App, and. restore from iTunes, it says it can't do it.

    Any ideas anyone?

    submitted by /u/siobhanellis
    [link] [comments]

    AppleTV+

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 10:36 AM PDT

    Does anybody know what additional programming, other than the original series we have seen trailers for, will be on AppleTV+? Various selection of movies and concerts I'm assuming (like Netflix) but not sure. Hoping for something other than the original series being run over and over

    submitted by /u/tagmut
    [link] [comments]

    Media Player with Resume

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 09:54 AM PDT

    Is there a media player app that has a resume feature? I was using VLC to watch a movie when I accidentally pressed a wrong button exiting the movie. I could not resume from where I was when I exited. I had to fast fwd to where I was and the FF seemed to max out at double speed. So, looking for another recommendation that will play media copied over to the ATV.

    submitted by /u/Evolved_1
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel