• Breaking News

    Saturday, October 5, 2019

    Apple Macbook What are some must-have accessories for a new MacBook Air?

    Apple Macbook What are some must-have accessories for a new MacBook Air?


    What are some must-have accessories for a new MacBook Air?

    Posted: 04 Oct 2019 11:09 PM PDT

    I have just bought my first MacBook in almost a decade! I'm wondering if there are any great or really useful things I should know about, whether it be hardware or programs, extensions, etc. I'm using it for graduate school at the moment, and then will just be using it for general browsing, bookkeeping, and random small tasks.

    I have a brand new, 2019 MacBook Air, in case that matters.

    submitted by /u/NewsCoug
    [link] [comments]

    This very cool Mac app called Vanilla allows you to hide and remove menu bar icons!

    Posted: 04 Oct 2019 10:19 PM PDT

    Monitor versus Stand

    Posted: 04 Oct 2019 07:21 PM PDT

    I recently (last week) purchased a '19 MacBook Air and I was wondering what the general consensus or thoughts were on whether a stand or an external monitor would be the best. What are your thoughts on the two, what are your reasons for why I should consider a separate monitor and what are your reasons for why a stand for my MacBook will be just fine.

    I was also wondering whether an iMac (older model) could function as your display?

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/Change---MY---Mind
    [link] [comments]

    Which Adblocker do you use on Safari 13 now that uBlock Origin doesn't work?

    Posted: 04 Oct 2019 01:30 PM PDT

    Which Adblocker do you use on Safari 13 now that uBlock Origin doesn't work?

    submitted by /u/exilen
    [link] [comments]

    Question about warranty on NIB MacBook purchased on eBay

    Posted: 04 Oct 2019 09:28 PM PDT

    I see tons of sealed/NIB MacBook Pros for sale on eBay. However, when I check the serial numbers with Apple, they always only say "Purchase date not validated".

    My question is: if I buy one of these MacBooks from eBay, will I be able to utilize Apple's manufacturers warranty? I understand the warranty starts the date the original owner purchases the MacBook, but would I still be entitled to any remaining limited warranty? Most of these sellers claim they don't have the original purchase receipt and I'm not sure if Apple will accept an eBay invoice as proof of purchase. I apologize if this has been covered before, but I used the search function and could not find a definitive answer. Any help is appreciated.

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/dakMVPprescott
    [link] [comments]

    Super unhappy with my Macbook Pro 2018

    Posted: 04 Oct 2019 05:48 AM PDT

    Hey guys!

    In March I switched my dear old Macbook Air out for a brand new Macbook Pro 2,2 GHz i7 with 32Gb of RAM. Since I work in the music industry I needed a powerful workhorse that would be able to handle most of my Music Production tasks. I had been working on my Macbook Air since 2014 and I was always pretty happy with the outcome, didn't get hot at all, fans almost never went on and I was still doing pretty heavy work in Logic Pro. I definetly didn't think that the fan and the heat would be an issue with my new Macbook Pro since I spent almost 3000$ and even bumped up to 32Gb so it would handle the workload. Normally I just sit with the computer on my lap and only doing light tasks like surfing the web, doing some light editing work or watching a movie and my new Macbook Pro gets really hot and really loud even when doing VERY light tasks almost every time I have to move it to a table to cool it down. This is really annoying since my 1000$ Macbook Air from 2014 is handling the same workload MUCH better when looking at the heat and fans. Don't even get me started on when I open Logic Pro X, it instantly get so loud and hot that it's not even normal compaired to my old Macbook Air. I've already had around 10 visits and countless phone calls to the Apple Store because two of my previous 2018 Macbook pro's were broken when I bought them. First time the battery drained super fast and 2nd time some fan problem. What do you think guys? Do you think Macbook Pro 2019 would be any better regarding the heat and fan issues? Will Apple do anything in this regard, or not? I can't return it because obviously the 14 days return policy is over.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/tukoman
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook pro 13" battery life

    Posted: 04 Oct 2019 09:33 AM PDT

    Hi,

    Can someone tell me please how is the battery life of the last MBP 13"?

    Particularly with just web and text writting (for heavier tasks I can plug it, so it's not a problem).

    I looked on different sites with tests, but it's not neessarily accurate.

    Some sites tell it has a good battery life (around 8 or even 9 hours), but many people complain that the battery life is bad in real use.

    So, what is your feedback?

    submitted by /u/Bas_tet
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Pro Battery Jumping and Down

    Posted: 04 Oct 2019 09:31 AM PDT

    Hey guys, I just got an entry-level 2019 MBP 13, coming from a 2013 MBA. So here's thing, I don't know if there's actually a problem with my battery or I'm just being paranoid about it. I feel like the battery life is too short. How long does your device last you on heavy usage, especially web developers @here? Also, when battery is at low level, like 25% below, battery level seems to jump up and down. Called apple support about it but they said the battery level jumping up and down at low level is expected. is that true?

    submitted by /u/respectpol
    [link] [comments]

    Question about the Keyboard Replacement Program

    Posted: 04 Oct 2019 10:43 AM PDT

    Program in reference: https://support.apple.com/keyboard-service-program-for-mac-notebooks

    I was just curious, are they putting the same keyboard, just new, on the MacBook? Or is it an updated version of the one that is shipped? Have to send mine in this week.

    submitted by /u/EclecticArtifact
    [link] [comments]

    Hook up two screens to MacBook pro (2017)

    Posted: 04 Oct 2019 10:07 AM PDT

    Hi guys,

    I have a 2017 macbook pro, and I was wondering how I could hook up two separate screens to it.
    The only ports it has are 4 usb-c inputs.

    What are all the dongles/extensions that I need to get.

    submitted by /u/ihababdk
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook won’t update due to lack of storage?

    Posted: 04 Oct 2019 09:59 AM PDT

    I have a MacBook Air and the storage capacity is full. I've tried, so many times, to delete files to make space. I even deleted windows bootcamp which sucked to have to do. Despite that, I STILL have the same problem. I bought an external hard drive and even then, my MacBook isn't reading it as extra storage space, so I still get the same pop-up saying I'm out of storage. I can't remember the last time I was actually able to update my MacBook. Does anyone have any tips for what I can do?

    submitted by /u/KittyGardevoir
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook showing charging sign while not plugged in

    Posted: 04 Oct 2019 09:57 AM PDT

    Macbook showing charging sign while not plugged in

    Recently my macbook started showing plugged-in not charging sign even after I remove the charger. The charger is normally charging the laptop.

    I tried resetting the NVRAM but no progress. Can someone please help me?

    https://i.redd.it/w99ymr0m1kq31.png

    It is a macbook pro 2017 model running Mac OS Mohave 10.14.5

    submitted by /u/ashsek
    [link] [comments]

    My friend works at Apple and can actually get me a 15% discount.

    Posted: 04 Oct 2019 12:36 AM PDT

    Should I get the 2019 Macbook Pro or 2019 Macbook Air? All I do is Youtube, Netflix, web browsing, email etc.

    submitted by /u/torontogrown
    [link] [comments]

    Best usb c hub and external ssd deals?

    Posted: 04 Oct 2019 06:05 AM PDT

    Just bought base pro and im hurting for some more ports and storage

    submitted by /u/Josho696
    [link] [comments]

    Whats the difference between U-series and Y-series processors on the Surface and Macbook respectively?

    Posted: 04 Oct 2019 05:29 AM PDT

    Need help with my charger/MacBook ASAP

    Posted: 04 Oct 2019 04:06 AM PDT

    Hey team.

    I am in dire need to get onto my laptop to work on my CV so I can apply for jobs. My charger is blinking a really light green and there is. I argue going into my laptop.

    I've tried a few chargers and a few different sockets but no luck.

    Does anybody know how to fix this?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/king-clarry
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel