• Breaking News

    Wednesday, October 9, 2019

    Apple Macbook never owned a macbook

    Apple Macbook never owned a macbook


    never owned a macbook

    Posted: 08 Oct 2019 09:02 PM PDT

    im in the market for a new laptop. have no clue what i should get, any suggestions/recommendations as to what macbook i should get? any advice would be appreciated as i will continue to do my own research.

    submitted by /u/julietangy
    [link] [comments]

    Can somebody please help me...this black box continuously pops up on certain cites and lets me know whatever I was doing was successful...why does it keep doing this?

    Posted: 08 Oct 2019 08:29 PM PDT

    Macbook Air battery replacement or trade-up?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 12:47 AM PDT

    I've an early 2015 Air whose battery is on its last legs; and I have two choices: spend the equivalent of around 230 dollars to get a new battery, or trade it in for around 300 dollars. The laptop itself is fine, have no reason to complain.
    The question I have is: would Apple be supporting my model for the next three years at least to make my battery purchase viable?
    Also, would the laptop's specs be woefully inadequate by then (I am a moderate user - surfing, word processing, streaming, watching movies).
    Any advice would be gratefully welcomed. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/cheriche
    [link] [comments]

    Late '12 Macbook Pro w/Retina Display has terrible battery life

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 12:31 AM PDT

    My Macbook Pro w/ Retina (Late '12) runs, at best, maybe 3.5 hours of battery life with a cycle count of 309. I replaced the battery last year when it only lasted for maybe 1.5 hours but still, I feel like 3.5 hours is complete ass. I don't even get a consistent 3.5 off a full charge. The predicted is always ~4 using activity monitor's estimated battery life time but never lives up to it and I've noticed battery drains very quickly once it gets below 50%.

    This laptop is great and has lasted me for many years but I don't understand why the battery life has deteriorated so much despite having replaced the battery last year.

    Is it just time for an upgrade? At this point in time, my 10.5" iPad and iPhone X last all day whereas my Macbook is lucky to get off a couple hours...

    submitted by /u/Trainer_Kevin
    [link] [comments]

    anyone still using 2013 MacBook Pro?

    Posted: 08 Oct 2019 07:50 PM PDT

    And so to begin I do own a 2017 iMac, and I was browsing the web marketplace, and I saw someone giving out a good deal on a 2013 MacBook Pro, and not a huge laptop fan. anyway I bought the laptop and I am happy with it in fact, I do notice that, and still getting support win win!

    submitted by /u/snorlaxusedfly97
    [link] [comments]

    Mabook Pro 13” 2019 Bought 15.8.2019 and the keyboard is toast already

    Posted: 08 Oct 2019 09:59 AM PDT

    Just noticed today while writing that the A key is like a sponge. Everything else is good and the key is working but the feel is just lost on it. Should I bring it back?

    submitted by /u/Toopio
    [link] [comments]

    MBA battery life with Catalina?

    Posted: 08 Oct 2019 09:53 PM PDT

    Have you guys tested the battery life? I wanna update but I'm worried the battery life might be shit.

    submitted by /u/homiecydxl
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Pro 2018 vs Surface Book 2

    Posted: 08 Oct 2019 08:09 PM PDT

    Hi all! I'm currently thinking about the two and which one is better overall. Use case: photoshop, Lightroom, lots of documents (grad student).

    If I were ultimately deciding between the two (i5, 256gb), what would your argument for the one you're picking be?

    I'm going to post this in r/surface too so that I can hear their sides. Thanks all!

    submitted by /u/STEMforall
    [link] [comments]

    Should I pull the trigger?

    Posted: 08 Oct 2019 04:19 PM PDT

    2018 15.4" MBP i7 2.2 GHz 256SSD/16GB RAM/Radeon 555X with AppleCare+ until July 2021. Less than 100 battery cycles. It looks clean and he is willing to transfer ownership of the AppleCare plan.

    Seller was asking for $1875 but I talked him down to $1650. Should I go for it? It's local so I'll get to inspect it in person before buying. Any advice is appreciated.

    submitted by /u/dakMVPprescott
    [link] [comments]

    Having some trouble enabling sidecar

    Posted: 08 Oct 2019 03:53 PM PDT

    I just updated my mid-2014 MacBook pro to Catalina but I'm unable to turn Airplay Display on (the only option in the drop-down menu is off) to sidecar with my iPad Pro 12.9 in. I also tried plugging my iPad to my MacBook through USB-C but still no option to link the two displays. Does anyone know how I can enable sidecar?

    submitted by /u/Stitchiey
    [link] [comments]

    Intel Processors Power Consumption, Apple MBP 13" 2019 i5-8257U (15W) vs. i5-8279U (25W)

    Posted: 08 Oct 2019 02:11 PM PDT

    Hello,

    i'm interested in the Power-Consumption and efficiency of this both Machines. Especially when their in IDLE and under LOAD.

    Both are rated with different TDP (15W vs 25W). The 8257U is rated with a base-clock of 1,4GHz, 8279U is rated with 2,4GHz.

    But seeing in this video, their performance is fairly identical, only 5-8% difference. Values are from this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtTL1UVikzI

    So is the 8257U more efficient? Are the TDP ratings completely irrelevant, at least in this terms?

    Are both able to set their min Frequency to the same level, lets say 800MHz or is the 1,4GHz able to get lower with its lowest Frequency?

    Also if anyone knows, how much more power does extra 8GB of RAM consume? Read somewhere else something like 2-3W?

    Thanks for answers!

    submitted by /u/CAoTx
    [link] [comments]

    How to clean my MacBook?

    Posted: 08 Oct 2019 04:20 AM PDT

    I take very good care of my Mac and have strict rules. For example, I do not eat near my laptop to avoid crumbles. However, this still happens. I don't know where they come from and wether they're actually food crumbles. I also have a lot of dust stuck in the keys, on the keyboard, on the screen and on the sides of my trackpad.

    How do you guys deal with this? I will post pics later.

    submitted by /u/throwawaydjdjxj
    [link] [comments]

    Can I run same icloud account on two macbooks ?

    Posted: 08 Oct 2019 11:06 AM PDT

    Currently I have a macbook at the office, and one at home, how can I synch both to show the exact same files? So I can leave my macbook at work and not travel with it.

    Macbook at home has several user profiles, ideally I would like one / my profile to contain a mirror of all my work docs stored on icloud (at work)

    submitted by /u/BrownAndyeh
    [link] [comments]

    Files for new updates wallpapers

    Posted: 08 Oct 2019 02:41 PM PDT

    Hi guys,

    Where would I find the files for the new wallpapers added? I looked in 'Desktop Pictures' like the others are but the new ones are not in there

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/oliknight1
    [link] [comments]

    Updated to Catalina 10.15, MacBook boots to black screen after being woke up - 2018 MacBook Pro

    Posted: 08 Oct 2019 10:27 AM PDT

    It's all in the title. Just updated to Catalina 10.15 this morning and noticed this issue. Once the computer goes to sleep for a bit (more than a few minutes), I try to wake it up and it loads to a black screen. Everything else on the computer seems to be functioning. The screen just doesn't turn on.

    I've gone through and reset SMC and NVRAM a few times per some articles I came across online. Anyone else encountering this issue after installing Catalina OS?

    TIA!

    submitted by /u/MI-Native
    [link] [comments]

    Flash player on MacBook Air 2019

    Posted: 08 Oct 2019 01:47 PM PDT

    Hi there! I own a MacBook Air 2019 and I play an idle game using flash in safari. My MacBook has quite a lot of trouble running this and it has frequent stutterings. Would using Google Chrome help alleviate this problem?

    submitted by /u/Wat-Patat
    [link] [comments]

    Black Beast Pro prototype

    Posted: 08 Oct 2019 07:49 AM PDT

    Black Beast Pro prototype

    Dear friends.

    I am Tobias Lagarhus of the Norwegian company Lagarhus Products.

    Thanks to you all for very important and constructive feedback regarding our Thunderbolt docking station «BlackBeast Pro». Your feedback has to a large extent been implemented in the BlackBeast Pro technical specifications, and has resulted in numerous improvements.

    For those of you not being familiar with Lagarhus Products and our "BlackBeast Pro" development project, here is a short summary.

    (Further information is of course available on our Internet site www.BlackBeastPro.com)

    We are presently developing an all new Thunderbolt docking station, named "BlackBeast Pro". To support the design and development phase, we have received financial support by Innovation Norway, the official Norwegian Government institution for start-up support.

    Our vision is a setup where your notebook computer - supplemented by "BlackBeast Pro" - achieves desktop class performance without comprises while giving full flexibility to install your own favorite graphic cards and hard drives. All the necessary ports required to implement your desired workflow are available, and "BlackBeast Pro" even provides simultaneous charging of your notebook computer. All this with a very acceptable price tag.

    We are very excited to unveil our first prototype;

    https://i.redd.it/8lb24mf1aar31.jpg

    Yesterday we successfully completed building our very first minimum viable product. The design and development process have been tough, but very exciting and educational. The MVP fulfils all the functions we have been looking for, with a performance that can only be labelled "blazing fast".

    https://i.redd.it/w4h5cex2aar31.png

    Further on we are testing our MVP externally to receive feedback. We are also working on the next prototype based on further testing and feedback.

    In addition we are been invited to participate at the Consumer Electronic Show 2020. We are very excited and are looking forward for people to visit us at CES 2020.

    Our ambition is to create a stunning product -from top to bottom - but we cannot do this without you. Your input and your suggestions are vital in ensuring that "BlackBeast Pro" will be the product we all desire. We strongly believe that you - the potential user - is the crucial element in our strive to make "BlackBeast Pro" the essential supplement we want it to be.

    Innovation Norway has requested that we further investigate the level of interest in a product with the capabilities such as "BlackBeast Pro". Positive results will open the doors for even more support, enabling us to bring "BlackBeast Pro" to market at an even more aggressive pace and price. Therefore, if you find "BlackBeast Pro" of interest to you, please click the "notify me" button.

    Thank you in advance; we need your support.

    Best regards

    Tobias Lagarhus

    submitted by /u/Lagarhus
    [link] [comments]

    Should I be worried if my MacBook Pro doesn’t turn on out the box?

    Posted: 08 Oct 2019 01:09 PM PDT

    Cleaning the keyboard from oily stains

    Posted: 08 Oct 2019 02:13 AM PDT

    I have somewhat oily skin and as a result my keyboards get somewhat dirty overtime. I was wondering how you guys deal with cleaning the butterfly keyboard without damaging it or wearing of the paint in the keys?

    submitted by /u/unski_ukuli
    [link] [comments]

    Why wont this file delete?

    Posted: 08 Oct 2019 08:53 AM PDT

    Question

    Posted: 08 Oct 2019 07:39 AM PDT

    My Girlfriend is going to be attending UofM and I want to get her a MacBook. She will be in the Neuroscience program so I want to make sure I get one that is capable of handling her course work. Any advice?

    submitted by /u/combatcowboy83
    [link] [comments]

    Will macOS be able to update if I close the lid?

    Posted: 08 Oct 2019 03:05 AM PDT

    It's currently downloading the update. Can I close the lid or do I have it to be on the whole time?

    submitted by /u/throwawaydjdjxj
    [link] [comments]

    MacOS Catalina - More than just an OS

    Posted: 08 Oct 2019 01:06 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel