• Breaking News

    Wednesday, October 9, 2019

    macOS Very interesting - in Catalina the Trash has been renamed to Bin here in the UK. Lol this is so random, trash actually sounds better because we've called it that for so long. 😅🗑

    macOS Very interesting - in Catalina the Trash has been renamed to Bin here in the UK. Lol this is so random, trash actually sounds better because we've called it that for so long. ����


    Very interesting - in Catalina the Trash has been renamed to Bin here in the UK. Lol this is so random, trash actually sounds better because we've called it that for so long. ����

    Posted: 08 Oct 2019 11:56 AM PDT

    My most favorite macOS Catalina feature: Performance!

    Posted: 08 Oct 2019 06:09 PM PDT

    I own a maxed out late-2013 15" rMBP and a 4K screen. The hardware of the MBP is still absolutely awesome (i7 2.3Ghz, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD). My only problem is graphics. When I connect my 4K screen I have pretty intense stuttering/lagging while switching spaces etc. Sometimes it takes 1-2 secs to switch spaces and the transition has maybe 3 frames which is annoying as hell when you're constantly switching between them. I even considered to get a new MacBook to get rid of it.

    Then I installed the Catalina update some hours ago and is completely gone! It's so awesome! Super smooth transitions. Thanks Apple!

    submitted by /u/Kulimeya
    [link] [comments]

    The road to Catalina has been a bumpy one but it’s finally installed (if a little rough around the edges)

    Posted: 08 Oct 2019 03:19 AM PDT

    I want to start using Safari but the only thing stopping me is the lack of an adblocker

    Posted: 08 Oct 2019 08:19 PM PDT

    I tried adblock from the mac app store and while it blocked most ads it couldn't stop the most annoying ones. Twitch ads and Reddit ads. It just doesn't compare to Chrome and uBlock Origin. I don't wanna pay for an ad blocker either.

    submitted by /u/USS_Zumwalt00
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone get non-verified QuickLook plugins to work with Catalina?

    Posted: 08 Oct 2019 07:34 PM PDT

    I use several of the QuickLook plugins here and Catalina says they aren't verified and moves them to the trash. Anyone get plugins like these working with Catalina?

    https://github.com/sindresorhus/quick-look-plugins

    submitted by /u/estesbubba
    [link] [comments]

    Was very excited to use sidecar but it's not supported on 2015 MBP

    Posted: 08 Oct 2019 11:33 PM PDT

    I was really excited to use sidecar as it would be really helpful for my schoolwork, but then I found out tonight that it is only supported on 2016 or newer models of the MacBook Pro. I'm sure that there's a good technical reason why it's not supported but it definitely sucks, that was the feature I was most looking forward to. At least it seems like mail isn't opening itself in split view all the time anymore.

    submitted by /u/nice1117
    [link] [comments]

    Possible Fix/Workaround for Catalina Not Showing Previously Purchased Apps

    Posted: 08 Oct 2019 10:02 PM PDT

    For those who don't know, if you wipe and do a clean install of OS X Catalina, the Mac App Store shows an empty previously purchased app list. Any app you've purchased will ask you to pay for them again.

    A lot of people were having this issue, including me, but my purchased apps list just came back a few minutes ago and I don't know what triggered it. What I did was:

    1. Search for an app in the Mac App Store I know I've previously purchased. In this case, it was BetterSnapTool. I pressed Buy > Enter password > Confirm to charge my card.
    2. It proceeded to tell me I had already purchased the app and that I wouldn't be charged.
    3. Went to check my Previously Purchased app page and all my apps appeared again. This includes Affinity Photo, Affinity Design, and my Pro suite.

    I also contacted Apple Support earlier today and sent a bug report through Feedback Assistant. So any of these three things could've triggered my fix.

    Can anyone else confirm if following my procedure helps or has this issue been fixed for everyone?

    submitted by /u/Leavism
    [link] [comments]

    Has anybody had the issue of an external monitor blinking and turning blue after a few seconds? (macOS Catalina)

    Posted: 08 Oct 2019 06:06 PM PDT

    It will display like normal for a few seconds before flashing and then stays blue. Haven't figured out a solution.

    Has anybody else had any similar issues, and if so, how did you solve it?

    submitted by /u/RedHeadJedi34
    [link] [comments]

    Catalina 24 hours later

    Posted: 08 Oct 2019 04:38 PM PDT

    I installed Catalina about 24 hours ago on my MacBook Air 2018. I use the cloud for my documents and only have a few programs to install so I used internet recovery to wipe my drive and reformat alongside a fresh install of Catalina. After a solid 30 minute. installation we were in. First impressions were good things seemed snappier and I'll take it. The new iCloud settings are much needed and is on par with what I see on my iPhone. Safari is snappier then ever, it really is. The new music, podcasts, and tv apps are sleek and perfectly functional for me. The two legacy non App Store programs I use installed perfectly fine. Battery life seems great or unchanged at least, Im at ~70% after about 6 hours of being unplugged, and probably three hours of using it. Overall I am enjoying the update and my machine feels more stable and snappier then it has ever.

    submitted by /u/vladamiir
    [link] [comments]

    Where can I find a direct link to macOS Catalina's DMG file?

    Posted: 08 Oct 2019 10:52 PM PDT

    I am unable to download macOS Catalina through the AppStore, I was wondering if there is another way I could download the stable version of the OS, preferably a direct link?

    submitted by /u/caizo_ryan
    [link] [comments]

    Safari lag

    Posted: 08 Oct 2019 10:44 PM PDT

    Anyone having a problem with safari lag in Catalina? While playing Sirius Xm on web and trying to do other stuff on safari I have serious lag. I emptied casche and did restart. Still the same.

    While using chrome I set up same scenario and it runs like lightning.. I would rather use safari but it's just so slow and I keep getting the colored ball? Suggestions?

    submitted by /u/Aunkster
    [link] [comments]

    after Catalina, pause/forward/rewind keyboard buttons not working for iTunes/Music app

    Posted: 08 Oct 2019 09:24 PM PDT

    Upgraded to Catalina today. The F7/F8/F9 (rewind, play/pause, fast forward/skip) media buttons on my early 2015 MacBook Pro no longer do those things for the Music app, like they did in iTunes. How do I restore that functionality?

    Like a song is playing, I hit the pause/play button, and it literally does nothing. Same with the rewind or fast forward buttons.

    submitted by /u/WalterBoudreaux
    [link] [comments]

    System’s taking around 700Go since Catalina, someone has advices?

    Posted: 08 Oct 2019 11:59 PM PDT

    DLNA Problem on Catalina

    Posted: 08 Oct 2019 10:12 PM PDT

    My DLNA client does not work on Catalina, meaning on all of my devices, my Mac does not recognize the computer. It's really starting to piss me off. Let me know if someone could help me?

    submitted by /u/thatgenesisbastard
    [link] [comments]

    Application refuses to open

    Posted: 08 Oct 2019 07:58 PM PDT

    After upgrading to MacOs Catalina, I have found that apps such as Logic Pro X do not open anymore. A system dialogue comes up saying that the application is broken.

    It really stressing me out because I have a music project due in a few months and Logic Pro X is essential to me!

    submitted by /u/dank_bonkripper78
    [link] [comments]

    Who Else Is Holding Over On The Catalina Upgrade Until Bugs & Field Late-Beta Testers Report In?

    Posted: 08 Oct 2019 11:14 AM PDT

    Just wondering.

    I always see the first users to jump on the latest release as Apple's Late-Stage Beta testers.

    I usually wait 3 months (or more) before upgrading to read through all the things that the upgrade breaks or renders non-functional and allow Apple to work through the security holes and bugs.

    submitted by /u/ShadowDancer11
    [link] [comments]

    Unlock with Apple Watch not working for anyone else?

    Posted: 08 Oct 2019 09:44 PM PDT

    Doesn't seem to work for me after upgrading to Catalina. I've enabled and disabled it several times but it refuses to work. 2019 MacBook Pro.

    submitted by /u/tom_cruising
    [link] [comments]

    macOS Catalina forgot the all the apps I have bought and downloaded from the Mac App Store.

    Posted: 08 Oct 2019 04:56 PM PDT

    Title says it all. The purchased section of the Mac App Store says that I haven't bought or downloaded any apps. I've signed in and out of the Mac App Store and the issue still persists. I am running the latest Public Release of macOS Catalina.

    Anyone else experiencing this issue? Any knowledge on how to fix this issue is greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Aki-Baidya
    [link] [comments]

    App doesn't want to open up.

    Posted: 08 Oct 2019 10:43 PM PDT

    Upgraded to Catalina and now, photoshop won't open up for me.

    Is there anyone else having this problem?

    submitted by /u/dot123_
    [link] [comments]

    Apple iMac(Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017) with macOS Mojave don't mirror with other screens.

    Posted: 08 Oct 2019 10:37 PM PDT

    My iMac is not mirroring with other screens. I don't get the arrangement tab in the display option. I tried command+option+p+r keypress simultaneously after starting the computer with no avail. Please suggest something.

    submitted by /u/sud8233
    [link] [comments]

    Catalina 4K HDR

    Posted: 08 Oct 2019 10:28 PM PDT

    Has anybody gotten 4K HDR playback to work in the Apple TV app? I'm using a 2018 Mac mini.

    submitted by /u/joshdude09
    [link] [comments]

    Since upgrading to Cat, my bluetooth speakers keep disconnecting. Any advice?

    Posted: 08 Oct 2019 10:16 PM PDT

    They are Logitech G560 Gaming Speakers with a Subwoofer and I use them to listen to music all day and all night 24/7.

    So ideally I will not have to continue to reconnect the bluetooth every 5 minutes.

    And ideally I will not have to downgrade because of a bug.

    I have already tried deleting the bluetooth profile and unplugging the speakers.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/secretthoughts5589
    [link] [comments]

    Took a while, but here's Catalina on 5,1 Mac Pro

    Posted: 08 Oct 2019 05:25 PM PDT

    Took a while, but here's Catalina on 5,1 Mac Pro

    https://i.redd.it/8mlt82i3ter31.png

    Fast so far. Still checking things out.

    submitted by /u/angry_dingo
    [link] [comments]

    Catalina Display Issue

    Posted: 08 Oct 2019 08:24 PM PDT

    Hey, I'm having a problem with my 13" MacBook Pro with Touch Bar ever since updating to Catalina. It seems that after my computer sleeps, when I open the lid or try and click the keyboard, the display remains off. Looking at the Touch Bar, I can see that the device is in fact awake (I can see Safari tabs on Touch Bar, etc.) but the screen remains black. This is also happening when I'm plugged into an external monitor. The only solution has been to manually power off and then power back on.

    Wondering if anyone is having the same problems or knows a solution?

    submitted by /u/major_upset
    [link] [comments]

    Screen Time randomly turned on (with unknown Screen Time Passcode)

    Posted: 08 Oct 2019 09:50 PM PDT

    I just installed Catalina, and Screen Time randomly just turned on on my MacBook and iPhone. I can't turn it off, because it's asking for a Screen Time Passcode that I don't know.

    I probably set the Screen Time Passcode on my phone months ago when I briefly tried out the feature, but now I have no idea what it could be. I tried a few guesses, but no luck.

    Is there any way to turn off Screen Time or reset the passcode from my admin account?

    submitted by /u/Wenste
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel