• Breaking News

    Friday, October 18, 2019

    Apple Macbook Daughter backed out on MacBook Pro deal to pay for it - now it's mine. Please tell me it's a good laptop for the money.

    Apple Macbook Daughter backed out on MacBook Pro deal to pay for it - now it's mine. Please tell me it's a good laptop for the money.


    Daughter backed out on MacBook Pro deal to pay for it - now it's mine. Please tell me it's a good laptop for the money.

    Posted: 18 Oct 2019 06:25 AM PDT

    So my high school daughter had to have a MacBook Pro because she wanted to be a youtuber. So it had to have a GPU. I spent $2299 on a 2018 MCB Pro with dedicated Radeon 555x processor, I7, 16 gb's of Ram. She paid about $300 of it off after using it about 8 months then decided she didn't want it. So it's mine now. I'm a little upset because while me and my wife can use it - my wife does work from a PC at home, I do some video editing with behind the scene videos for my photography business. I keep seeing that the Dell XPS is a high performance Laptop like the MCB Pro but way less money + the Dell has a 4k screen. Are there any advantages to Apple I should know about to make myself feel better? lol.

    submitted by /u/cwescrab
    [link] [comments]

    Need advice on specs for first macbook pro

    Posted: 18 Oct 2019 01:13 PM PDT

    I am currently using a 2017 dell xps 13 with an i5, 8 gb ram, and 512 gb ssd. I want to upgrade to a macbook pro 2019 because I'm tired of using windows and wanted to get a macbook in the first place. Although my dell machine gets the job done, I would like something more powerful that will last me a long time.

    I am a cs student. At any given time I have multiple chrome tabs/windows open, intellij ide (two windows max) open, several ms word files open. I also occasionally do music production with ableton live but nothing very intensive. No gaming or video/photo editing. As for specs, I want to be somewhat economical, but at the same time want to overcompensate a bit considering that I will be relying on this machine for a long time and will not be able to upgrade. This is how I'm prioritizing specs.

    1. Storage

    I'm torn between 256 and 512 gb of storage. I have used 159 gb of my 512 on this machine, and have 5 tb of storage free from my school with onedrive. So I feel like I'd be fine with 256, however having 512 would be beneficial for the speed benefits and not having to worry about managing storage. Also, since the storage is not upgradable, it feels like storage is what I should prioritize the most. Don't want to run out of space down the road.

    2. RAM

    Definitely plan on going with 16 gb. I feel like my biggest mistake with this laptop was only getting 8 gb of storage.

    3. CPU

    This is the one that I feel is the least important, but I don't really know a lot about processors. Would the benefit of an i7 over an i5 really be that noticeable? Would an i5 still be fast/powerful enough for my needs? Would an i7 just be a luxury? I would like to get an i7 it just seems less important than a Storage or RAM upgrade.

    I would appreciate any advice on how to go about purchasing specs, mainly related to cpu and storage.

    submitted by /u/irjax
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Pro Reset but not total wipe

    Posted: 18 Oct 2019 01:03 PM PDT

    I want to clean up my mac by deleting everything like a factory reset but I still want to use it not sell it like you would do after factory wipe. I want to be kept signed in to itunes and icloud emails etc.

    Is this possible and whats the best way to do it

    submitted by /u/jerrybaboona
    [link] [comments]

    Recovery mode doesn't work

    Posted: 18 Oct 2019 12:04 PM PDT

    Recovery mode doesn't work

    So I bought my first ever MacBook one month ago. It's a MacBook Pro 13 with TouchBar. All good till I was naive and I updated to Catalina and my apps didn't work like before. So I started checking the internet for how to downgrade back to Mojave. I made a bootable usb stick with Mojave, I turned off the T2 Security from Recovery Mode and everything worked fine....But now the big problem is that I wanted to turn back on the T2 Security and my Recovery Mode didn't work anymore...When I press CMD+R my laptop boot the Internet Recover instead of Recovery Mode...I tried a lot of times but nothing....I checked in the terminal if the Recovery partition is there and look like it is...So anyone can help me? It's a big problem if I don't have the Recovery Mode...?

    https://i.redd.it/04r0l9v8lct31.png

    submitted by /u/CristiRad98
    [link] [comments]

    Is this confirming the 16 inch MacBook Pro?

    Posted: 18 Oct 2019 10:22 AM PDT

    Best torrenting program for MacOS?

    Posted: 18 Oct 2019 10:06 AM PDT

    I use Tixati on my Windows computer, but it's not available on Mac :(

    submitted by /u/Wat-Patat
    [link] [comments]

    PSA: clean your MacBooks (regularly)

    Posted: 18 Oct 2019 08:55 AM PDT

    Rumored 16" updated MBP

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 08:45 PM PDT

    I've been holding off on getting my first MBP for a while now in hopes of the rumored new 16" model coming out. It seems it's not coming out this month anymore. Do you folks think it's worth holding out or is this going to be a while?

    submitted by /u/schmaticum
    [link] [comments]

    Not sure if this was common knowledge for Volume Control

    Posted: 18 Oct 2019 07:29 AM PDT

    I learned (since my Macbook Pro's speakers are way too good and you can hear it even on volume 1 in my office) that I can turn the volume up and down in smaller steps by pressing Option-Shift-Volume Up (or Down)

    submitted by /u/chicubfan08
    [link] [comments]

    I had people on r/mac and r/thinkpad take a survey on the perfect laptop. Here are the results!

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 12:34 PM PDT

    Looking for a SD card (or card reader), that fits into the MacBook Air slot without sticking out.

    Posted: 18 Oct 2019 05:28 AM PDT

    I bought a normal sized SD card and it sticks out of the slot and I can't put my Mac into my case, need one that fits just right.

    submitted by /u/mr_rezzaa
    [link] [comments]

    Air 8/128 Xcode

    Posted: 18 Oct 2019 04:15 AM PDT

    So if I buy the Air with 128 GB drive and install Xcode how much space do I have left? I would not like to invest heavily on Macbook since at this point I don't know how I like it in general, but would probably like to do a bit of app development (as a hobby, not professionally). I would not be storing any pics, movies or anything really on the device, I have a desktop Windows computer and OneDrive for that and using everything from cloud anyway. This has been asked a thousand times probably, so let this be the 1001 time.

    submitted by /u/raaka_arska
    [link] [comments]

    Where can I get an Apple certified refurbished 2015 mac book pro?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 04:42 PM PDT

    I'm looking to get an Apple certified refurbished mid 2015 Macbook pro (15", 16 GB). Preferably 2.5+ GHz and 1TB of disk space. Apple doesn't sell those anymore :(. Where can I get this? (preferably somewhere in Canada otherwise I would have to pay hefty import fees)

    I tried eBay's "manufacturer refurbished" but the units aren't actually certified and refurbished by Apple, sigh. I didn't have much luck with Newegg or Amazon either.

    submitted by /u/redditgirlwz
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Air volume and brightness key not working

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 08:47 PM PDT

    Hello, I went to the apple store today to get my macbook air fixed because my mouse pad kept freezing randomly. That issue is now resolved. However, I just got home and I noticed for some reason all the F1-F12 keys aren't working and for some reason F11 key makes my tabs go to the corner. I googled the issue and unselected the "use F1,f2 as standard function key" , shut down , restarted my laptop etc but nothing worked. Please help this wasn't a issue before. Is it possible the apple employees made a mistake or something? :( The keys still make the "ding" noise

    submitted by /u/ElectronsAreNegative
    [link] [comments]

    MACBOOK PRO WITH UPGRADED RAM OR CPU?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 08:51 AM PDT

    Hello guys, I currently have a late 2018 MacBook air with 8 Gb Ram and the 1.6 GHz Cpu - the problem I have is that I learn to code with Xcode and swift when I play the simulator I have a serious decrease in speed and the MacBook uses a lot of Ram, not mentioning the Fan Speed - it's like taking off an airplane!

    I wonder if I should get a Macbook pro with more Ram or stay with only default 8 Gb Ram, what do you think?

    submitted by /u/MiTMike
    [link] [comments]

    Bought a MBA, returning for a MBP. $500 more Dollars for a longer lasting laptop?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 02:08 PM PDT

    I bought the 2019 MBA with 8gb Ram and 256 SSD. For the extra cash I'm gonna upgrade to the Pro. I've since been hearing that 8GB is going to become old news over the next few years, so I'm bumping that up the 16gb (reluctantly).

    So base MBP 13 inch with I5 quad core (base) 16 GB RAM (Upgraded) and 256 SSD (Upgraded) in Space Grey. This is my first Mac, the whole point of this is to get into the MAC OS and have a computer that last me for years.

    Applecare+ also, without question. Thoughts or am I making a mistake? This is my biggest purchase in my 20s besides my car. Just want to make sure I'm being smart and buying a capable future-proof machine.

    submitted by /u/YourMomsFavBook
    [link] [comments]

    Safari 12 or 11 pgk anyone?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 12:53 PM PDT

    Does anyone knows where I can get safari 12 or 11?

    submitted by /u/aomt
    [link] [comments]

    Can I play games on Macbook air?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 04:18 AM PDT

    I don't mean games like COD and such.

    I'm talking about games like Darkest Dungeon and such.

    If so, can I play it for hours?

    submitted by /u/Pyerx
    [link] [comments]

    OWC Mercury Extreme SSD on MBP mid-2012

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 01:37 AM PDT

    Just purchased the SSD but it's not being recognized with the Disk Utility when installed internally. When I connect it externally the Disk Utility sees it just fine, lets me format it or do whatever. I also tested it with Hard Disk Sentinel and it reports the SSD is just fine. However, when installed internally it's giving me a blinking question mark folder. Tried internet restore, cloning, no go.

    I would suspect the internal SATA cable be the cause of it but right now I have Kingston SSD installed and it's recognized internally just fine.

    Would appreciate any assistance.

    submitted by /u/otetz
    [link] [comments]

    Do you guys use Catalina usefully? which function is the best?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 01:26 AM PDT

    Do you guys use Catalina usefully? which function is the best? Sidecar?

    submitted by /u/guru7236
    [link] [comments]

    I keep getting a popup dialog box saying, "“Adobe Flash Player Install Manager” is damaged and can’t be opened." How can I resolve this issue?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 01:25 AM PDT

    Feedback for New Macbook

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 12:47 AM PDT

    It seems that a new version with similar design is launching next year. What feature do you wish to see?

    Maybe touchID, One USB-C and One Magnetic Charging Port?

    submitted by /u/BladesXxX
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel