• Breaking News

    Friday, October 18, 2019

    Apple iOS iOS suggestion: haptic touch option on any app that will clear notification badges from that app. Drive me nuts when badges get stuck

    Apple iOS iOS suggestion: haptic touch option on any app that will clear notification badges from that app. Drive me nuts when badges get stuck


    iOS suggestion: haptic touch option on any app that will clear notification badges from that app. Drive me nuts when badges get stuck

    Posted: 18 Oct 2019 12:40 PM PDT

    TIL Spotlight Search displays nearby earthquakes

    Posted: 18 Oct 2019 08:27 AM PDT

    The RAM management on iOS 13

    Posted: 18 Oct 2019 07:32 AM PDT

    I'm using an iphone xs, on ios 13, i noticed thst the ram management is terible, when i'm using safari, i go to facebook to check for news feed, come back and the safari is reloading, i'm using youtube, then go to another app, go back and the you tube is reloading, on ios 12, i've never seen this issue, is it just me or the ram management on ios 13 is truly terrible

    submitted by /u/fallen_Bep
    [link] [comments]

    Depth of Field Adjustment on iOS 13 using iPhone X.

    Posted: 18 Oct 2019 09:08 AM PDT

    So, I recently download an app named Chromatica Camera and snapped a few quick portrait mode photos with it.

    Then I, opened the native iOS Photos app to edit those photos. Here I clicked on portrait just below the notch of device to highlight the photo as a portrait shot. Then on the far left I, found an f stop button, which when tapped upon, opened a depth of field slider with which I was able to adjust the depth of field of those photos taken with the above mentioned app.

    Since, this was a feature introduced on iPhone XR and XS series I, was a bit surprised to see this on a 2017 iPhone X and I, thought to myself that maybe Apple added this capability as a software update for 2017 and previous devices with dual camera in iOS 13.

    Now, I, opened the native camera app and clicked a few random portrait pictures.

    Went to the native camera app and repeated the same process only this time, I didn't get niether the f stop button nor the depth of field slider.

    Now this is an inconsistent behaviour by the stock photos app. The portrait photos taken with the stock camera app can't be adjusted for their depth of field but, the ones taken with a third party app can be adjusted for the same in the stock photos app.

    Using iOS 13.1.3 on an iPhone X.

    submitted by /u/MandeepSingh0273
    [link] [comments]

    iOS 13.1.3 - My memojis are mixed

    Posted: 18 Oct 2019 10:29 AM PDT

    Coming from Android. Good, Bad, & Questions.

    Posted: 18 Oct 2019 08:42 AM PDT

    Hi all,

    I come in peace! I never wanted an iPhone, but my company stopped using Androids, so iPhone it is. I had a LOT of anxiety about this, and the first hour was hell, but after a couple of days, I'm actually loving it! I should have upgraded a while ago! It's an iPhone XR, and I'm on iOS 13.1.3.

    I've been compiling some thoughts in a document. Rather than a list of questions, it's more a list of what I've found to be good and bad, but I would like to think that some of the items in my Bad section, are just things I haven't figured out how to do yet, so I'd love some help on those if possible.

    Just so this isn't a list of negatives (remember, I do love it!), here's what I've got in my Good list:

    • Battery life is incredible

    • FaceID is fast & accurate, and I'm so glad I don't have to deal with a PIN any more!

    • Talk to Text works well

    • Swipe works well (I'm so glad Apple added this; couldn't live without it!)

    • I think I've been able to remove most bloatware

    • I had reservations about the screen because of the low resolution/PPI, and the blacks because it's LCD, but it's actually really good

    • My emoji dude mimicking my expressions had me laughing uncontrollably

    • Overall, the performance/speed of the phone is excellent

    Now my Bad. Some of these are written as statements, but again, I'd like to think that in some cases, I just haven't figured out things yet. I'll number these for reference in case anyone wants to respond:

    1. It requires 2 motions to close an app
    2. You cannot close all apps at once
    3. I have to go to a different keyboard to get to commonly used characters such as commas
    4. The headphones are incredibly uncomfortable
    5. I cannot charge and use headphones at the same time
    6. I cannot make an icon a widget on my main screen (Shazam, Alexa, etc) - these are only on a separate widgets screen?
    7. Reddit is Fun is not available for iPhone (I'm trying out Apollo and Narwhal for now...)
    8. I cannot drag and drop MP3's onto the phone in Windows Explorer (am I forced to use iTunes for this?)
    9. The Notch is horrendous and the thick all round bezel makes the phone look outdated
    10. No optical zoom
    11. Can only pay with phone where Apple Pay is available (Samsung was anywhere you could use a credit card)
    12. Cannot set alarm volume to slowly increase
    13. Volume controls are not intuitive; cannot set Ring, Media, Notification volumes in once place
    14. No separate icon for Outlook Calendar (I know this isn't unique to iPhone)
    15. No 3.5mm headphone jack (I know this is becoming the norm for high end Android now too)
    16. Can't multi-task with split screen
    17. Can't add favorite contacts to top of contacts list

    Some other specific things I'm wondering about:

    Q1: Chrome vs Safari, and if I use Safari, is it possible for bookmarks to Sync with Chrome automatically, since I use Chrome everywhere else? Q2: Thoughts on Apple Maps vs Google Maps? Have used Google Maps for years. Q3: Already listed above, but what is the best way to manage my MP3's? On Android, I'd just connect my phone to my PC, and drag MP3's into my phone's music folder via Windows Explorer, then they'd play in Google Play Music. Not that I understand iTunes very well, but I'm not enthusiastic about it. Should I use it, or should I use something else?

    Thank you so much, and sorry for the long post!

    submitted by /u/moogleslam
    [link] [comments]

    Just had this bug where safari wouldn't scale correctly on the display of my 11 Pro Max. Looked kinda nice tbh

    Posted: 18 Oct 2019 12:47 PM PDT

    Keyboard lag XS

    Posted: 18 Oct 2019 02:51 PM PDT

    Anyone experience keyboard lag on iOS 13? I use SwiftKey, I hate the stock keyboard and how it swipes. Didn't really have issues prior to updating to 13. Keyboard always defaults to the stock keyboard ( tried deleting original keyboard from settings) it still defaults. And autocorrect just horrible

    Any fixes?

    submitted by /u/whoknowz14
    [link] [comments]

    Does this piss anyone else off? Reminder groups don't stay collapsed, ever. (13.1.3)

    Posted: 18 Oct 2019 08:08 AM PDT

    Why does dark mode in Apple News not apply to the articles themselves, seems like an oversight

    Posted: 18 Oct 2019 01:40 PM PDT

    iOS13: AirDrop is getting worse and worse! I’m literally trying to send 3 photos and keep getting this constantly!

    Posted: 18 Oct 2019 08:22 AM PDT

    Anyone know why YouTube and twitch videos look so blurry when it’s playing iPhone XS

    Posted: 18 Oct 2019 03:15 PM PDT

    Location always allow

    Posted: 18 Oct 2019 03:14 PM PDT

    Does anyone know how to enable an app to always use location? It seems to have disappeared.

    I use dark sky a lot for notifications - can I enable this app to always have access to me location even when I'm not actively using the app?

    submitted by /u/Pard0ned
    [link] [comments]

    Suggestion: Adding a Battery Percentage icon for Bluetooth devices

    Posted: 18 Oct 2019 03:14 PM PDT

    Like it'll be on the top indicating the percentage of your Bluetooth device.

    submitted by /u/RamiTrolleyFan
    [link] [comments]

    How was 13 rolled out with so many issues? Was it a rush job? (Yes I know that’s not even all of them)

    Posted: 18 Oct 2019 02:44 PM PDT

    Not installing iOS 13 yet, should I?

    Posted: 18 Oct 2019 02:41 PM PDT

    Not installing iOS 13 yet - should I?

    Hello everyone,

    I have an iPhone 8 that I purchased about a year ago. I see that iOS 13 brings lots of new features but almost all of them are for the X(R/S) series or newer.

    I'm mostly worried about the battery and performance of my phone being affected by the update. I had a significant slowdown with iOS 12.4, and although it's not a huge deal, I don't want that to happen again.

    Should I install iOS 13 even if almost none of the features are for my phone? Have you experienced speed-ups in 13, on reddit specifically?

    submitted by /u/TheLastSnipper
    [link] [comments]

    How do I watch a video in fullscreen on reddit when it doesn’t give me that option?

    Posted: 18 Oct 2019 02:20 PM PDT

    Recently switched from an android and glad I don’t have to put up with this anymore

    Posted: 18 Oct 2019 01:44 PM PDT

    Reminders App Glitching

    Posted: 18 Oct 2019 01:40 PM PDT

    Hey all. Anyone else's reminders app glitching? Since I've updated to the new OS on both my iPhone (iOS 13) and Mac (Catalina) the app has been glitching. For example, on my phone, if I completed a reminder it would still pop up as needing to be done, and then when I open the app itself to check it off, my phone would freeze and the reminder would still be there. Also, my Mac and IPhone reminders aren't in sync. Before, if I did an action in reminders on my phone, it would update on my Mac and vice versa. Now, I just get double notifications and have to clear reminders on both my Mac and my phone.

    I updated both my phone OS and Mac OS yesterday to the latest updates and still to no avail.

    Is anyone else having this issue? If so, have you guys been able to resolve it? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/e88wendt
    [link] [comments]

    Pi-hole and Adguard home not working

    Posted: 18 Oct 2019 01:25 PM PDT

    I can't get Pi-hole and Adguard home (the Rpi4) to work on wifi devices (iPad and iPhone on latest iOS, MBP on 10.14.6).

    It works fine over ethernet (iMac on 10.14.6).

    Setup is the same - manual DNS in each connection's setup (setting DNS on router is not an option). Any idea why or how to troubleshoot?

    submitted by /u/Stooovie
    [link] [comments]

    Problem downloading from App Store on iPadOS

    Posted: 18 Oct 2019 01:25 PM PDT

    I have a brand new iPad Pro, and so I restored my previous iPad Air 2 backup onto it a couple of days ago.

    I'm having a problem with App Store, when I try to download or purchase an app, the download button just turns into a spinner, and remains so indefinitely.

    Closing and restarting App Store does not help.

    Rebooting the iPad does not help.

    If it's a networking issue, then it must be Apples, since I can pick up my iPhone or old iPad (on the same wifi network), and download the app straight away.

    If I go to Settings -> General and 'Erase Network Settings', then after iPad reboots, and I reconnect to my wifi then at that point I can download the app.

    But I have to do this each time, since a few minutes later its back to showing the spinner again (I've also left it spinning for 30 minutes, it never gets beyond that, and for paid apps doesn't prompt me to purchase)

    Any ideas what could be causing this?

    submitted by /u/kingdom_gone
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel