• Breaking News

    Wednesday, March 3, 2021

    iPhone Backking up iPhone onto a separate device

    iPhone Backking up iPhone onto a separate device


    Backking up iPhone onto a separate device

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 06:22 PM PST

    Hi there,

    I want to back up my iPhones XS Max to save all my photos, contacts, apps, etc. but I was hoping to do this and save it on a separate storage device. From what I've read, I need to initially back it up onto my computer from iTunes and then I can copy the files onto a flash drive for example. But my question is what storage device would it be best to copy too? A flash drive, SD card, SSDs, etc? I was also hoping not to use a cloud.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Matchbox27
    [link] [comments]

    Music player for Google Drive

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 10:42 PM PST

    Hey guys. Just wanna ask what music player to download for Google Drive music files. I want to access my music files on my homescreen, hopefully i can play them offline too.

    submitted by /u/1PennyHardaway
    [link] [comments]

    Automation shortcuts not enabling Do Not Disturb?

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 03:51 PM PST

    Hello, first time poster. I read the "Asking Questions 101" post, so here goes:

    1. iPhone 8 running iOS 14.4

    2. I'm not certain about the purchase date. My employer gave it to me a couple of years ago. I'm in the US, and it's a work phone.

    3. I have an automation set up to turn on Do Not Disturb when I get home, and another one to turn it off when I get to work. The issue is that it never actually turns it on or off. Arriving at either location triggers the automation, and a notification pops up to tell me so. But that's it. The actual state of DND never changes. If I tap "Run" in the notification (or in the automation settings) it does activate DND.

    4. I have no clue what is causing this.

    5. I tried restarting the phone, and I tried deleting the automations and re-creating them. No change.

    6. No other information comes to mind.

    Any insight would be very helpful. Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/raptor102888
    [link] [comments]

    New iPhone battery health declining

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 05:53 PM PST

    I got an iPhone 11 early December last year, so it's only 2ish months old but I've noticed the battery hasn't been so great the last week or two. Checked my settings & my battery health is down to 97% already.

    I know it's not a lot but it's annoying that it's already declining.. is it something I should contact apple about?

    submitted by /u/AuthenticVanilla
    [link] [comments]

    If my iPhone X from 2017 charges at only certain angles of the lightning cable, where does the hardware fault lie? Should I go ahead and buy a new charger or do I need to get the charging socket replaced?

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 05:21 PM PST

    IPhone 12 pro’s screen/display

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 08:58 PM PST

    Hi guys, I feel like iPhone 12 pro's screen/display is a lot darker as compared to previous models (my old one is Iphone 7+ but the display of videos/photos is way brighter), even though i always turn the brightness to almost maximum. So I recorded a lot of videos in high quality for blogging and they look great when I scroll down my gallery. However, whenever i hit the play button, the videos turn out to be a lot darker than it actually is. Wondering if anyone shares the same problem. Please advise! Thanks a lot 💕

    submitted by /u/sweetpeach234
    [link] [comments]

    Can you buff scratches out of an iPhone screen?

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 01:00 PM PST

    I bought an iPhone 11 Pro Max at the Apple Store the day it came out in September 2019. Really happy with the phone and love using it. Recently I slipped on some black ice in front of my home and my phone happened to be in my hand. The phone itself is fine but there's no cracks to the screen but some little ugly scratches towards the bottom of the screen. I'm in Canada too and checked Apple's site and it says it costs $429 to do a screen replacement on a device that is out of warranty (which it is in my case). I also don't have Apple Care for it. Guess next time around, I'll definitely get it.

    Anyway, since there are no cracks...is it possible to have the scratches buffed out or filled somehow? Kinda like a stone chip in the windshield of a car? Apologies in advance if this is a stupid question. Just trying to find out what my options are. At this point I'm just going to live with the scratches but it may affect my eligibility in the future if I wanted to trade it in at the Apple store for a new device?

    submitted by /u/clam_bake123
    [link] [comments]

    Phone stuck on Apple logo after failed update. I can’t access any data. Help?

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 08:23 PM PST

    I tried taking it to Apple and London drugs but both said the only choice is to factory reset it but I have a lot of important and special photos and notes on my phone and would really like it back.

    I looked into Dr. Fone but it costs 70 dollars so I'm just wondering if there's anything else I could do before spending the money.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/MyClothesWereInThere
    [link] [comments]

    Cannot send MMS to android users, tried the airplane mode trick

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 07:33 PM PST

    Hey guys,

    I'm sure you've seen this problem before and everyone in my friend circle is having this same issue on the latest iOS update and has been this way for months. I have tried the "Airplane mode" trick and there is no change. I've reset multiple times and can't seem to find an actual solution. Please advise and thank you for any solutions!

    MMS is turned on.

    submitted by /u/GhostINVINCIBLE
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible for Dust to get under a glass screen protector after installing it.

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 12:36 PM PST

    To clarify, I don't mean finding that there was a piece of dust under the screen right after installing it. I mean several days or even weeks passing and finding one that was never there before.

    I recently got an iPhone SE 2020 and have been using a plastic screen protector but dust gets under the protector so easily days after cleaning it that it's become an annoyance. Will I have this issue with a glass screen protector?

    submitted by /u/9Spunky
    [link] [comments]

    Got a message that said that my iphone has a virus.

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 02:23 PM PST

    Hey. So i just had a pretty strange encounter. I entered Safari and all of a sudden a message appeared saying that there is a virus on my iphone and that in a few minutes it will affect the icloud and other stuff. And below it said that i should click the link to remove the virus. Of course, i didnt click the link cause i know that it's probably a scam, but still, i got pretty severe anxiety from this and im still worrying. Please tell me what these things mean. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/billyyi
    [link] [comments]

    After reading a text message my phone is turning on the ‘do not disturb’ function for that text chat on its own.

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 04:50 PM PST

    After reading a text message, when I close out of the messaging app my phone is turning on 'do not disturb' for that specific text thread. I've force closed the app and restarted but this continues to happen. Anyone else experience this?

    submitted by /u/TheDango
    [link] [comments]

    Credibility of 3rd party data extractors for deleted data on old apple devices

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 04:27 PM PST

    Hello all,

    As the title suggests, has anyone here used a 3rd party extractor to successfully extract deleted data (imessages) from their older apple devices' SQlite database? Specifically 4th generation still running on ios5 since it seems most of the programs don't even support down to ios5. Or would this be something a local apple tech support can handle? Just like many people in the same predicament on this sub, I'm trying to find a way to get these messages back because they mean a lot to me.

    I unfortunately do not have a back up because I lost my itunes to a virus on my computer. I also didn't start using icloud at the time (icloud just came out). This happened in 2012. The iphone was used for about 3 months post deletion, and I rarely ever delete anything so I do feel there is good chance a portion of the imessages I want still exists in my device's SQlite cluster.

    A quick google search has turned up many results with EaseUS being the most promising since their disc management application has been great for me. I've also seen them mentioned on a top 15 list by guru99. But I've also seen many claim those are scams, specifically users claiming one brand only approves positive review comments. user also claimed that It is impossible to recover deleted data off older apple devices if there was no back up while others state it is stored in older devices' SQlite databse.

    Thanks in advance to anyone who may have any experiance recovering their data this way or any advice.

    submitted by /u/shininghaxorus
    [link] [comments]

    [iPhone 8 running iOS 14.3] There's a shimmer on the screen when I long press anywhere.

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 04:26 PM PST

    Recently noticed a shimmer that started appearing when I would long press for Siri. Tried replicating it by long pressing all over the screen and it always appears at the same place when I let go. What could be the issue?

    Video

    submitted by /u/themnugs
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone XR battery

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 08:12 AM PST

    Hello! I bought an iPhone XR last week, and the battery capacity already says it's at 99%.I've been using the phone only a few days, charged it maybe 4 times.

    I am worried something is wrong with the battery if after such short use the battery is already losing capacity? Thanks for any help in advance.

    submitted by /u/muzyk442
    [link] [comments]

    Issues with Apple Music and Country settings

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 02:08 PM PST

    My Iphone XR recently started having issues playing music. When a song is chosen it often will not play immediately, sometimes making me tap play multiple times before it does. When a song does play it will not auto play afterwards.

    ALSO not sure if this might be the cause of the issue above BUT when trying to download an app it tells me I am in the wrong country. I have never changed the country settings nor have I left my country at all lately (thanks COVID). I looked it up and followed the process to try and change the country settings but wont be able to for at least another week and a bit due to subscriptions lasting until then. It's sort of a time sensitive thing for me as I need to download some apps for work.

    Not sure if this is the right forum to post this in but I thought I'd give it a shot if anyone has any pointers or has experienced the same issue.

    BTW I'm using iOS 14.4 for whatever that's worth.

    submitted by /u/TamarackOrLarch
    [link] [comments]

    [iPhone 11] Screen Unresponsive in Random Spot

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 08:28 AM PST

    I just got a replacement ordered but I was curious if anybody knew what was causing this? My screen will intermittently stop working right where the '6' is on the lockscreen. When I try to press 'o' on the keyboard it selects 'i' or 'p' -- same with 'k' and 'm'. I completely reset my phone, wiped it clean, and it seemed to help for a bit but it confirmed for me that it was intermittent as the issue persists.

    I did see the iPhone 11 screen issue with replacements but my serial number said it was not qualified. I've not had my phone repaired, no screen issues, no water damage(that I am aware of - i've never dropped it in anything only in my hand as it was raining.) I'm not sure what could have caused this issue.

    submitted by /u/Blitz3989
    [link] [comments]

    Will photos sync to other phones who share iTunes but have separate iCloud accounts?

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 08:10 AM PST

    I'm getting a new iPhone tomorrow. I have my own ICloud account with photo sharing turned off. I do however have family sharing turned on since my dad pays for iTunes with up to 4 people on it, so he shares it with my sister and I. I'm worried that when I back my phone up tonight and log into my iCloud on the new phone tomorrow that my settings will have reset and all my photos will sync to my dad and sisters phone. Is anyone able to help? Thank you :)

    submitted by /u/ameerising
    [link] [comments]

    Notifications won’t work

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 11:21 AM PST

    I've tried everything and can't seem to get some notifications to work. Eg Instagram only tells me i have a message when I open the app, Fitbit doesn't update me, neither do emails. I've turned on notifications in the app settings as well as the iPhone settings and still not working. I've deleted and redownloaded the apps in question. I've fully restarted my phone and reset setting. I've even done a factory reset and not uploaded the backup and still doesn't resolve. I have no idea what else to try. Any advice?

    submitted by /u/lauraarr
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 12 Wifi issue upon wake up with Nest Wifi

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 10:52 AM PST

    Hi all, I have a Nest Wifi setup and have 2 iPhone 12s connected to it and experiencing an issue daily where I unlock my iPhone from sleep (throughout the day) and it is showing connected to Wifi but I can't open any pages or load anything. The only solution I've been able to find is to turn off Wifi and turn it back on but it is not ideal as notifications just flood in afterwards.

    I have disabled the private address feature as well as disabling network and Wifi in location services, tried resetting all network settings and reset router along with changing password and issue still occurs.

    Any idea if this is just an issue with the current setup or can anything else be done?

    submitted by /u/Ragnokan
    [link] [comments]

    SMS Transfer question (Android to iOS)

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 09:52 AM PST

    Going from carrying 2 devices to 1 (trying to leave the Android phone) and activating the eSIM in the iPhone. The issue I am running into is that since the iPhone is already in use I cant seem to get my SMS from the Android to the Apple without hard resetting the iPhone and losing the iCloud backup.

    When I use the Move to iOS app the SMS move over; however as soon as I restore the backup they are gone of course as the backup takes priority. Apple doesn't seem to allow the Move to iOS app to be used unless the iPhone is recently reset, unlike the Samsung equivalent where I can Smart Switch whenever I want and merge whats new into whats existing.

    If I wasn't trying to consolidate a business line this wouldn't be an issue; however I need a good majority of those texts.

    Does anyone have a solution for moving SMS into an iPhone that's already up and running?

    submitted by /u/XK_ZERO
    [link] [comments]

    How can I rearrange pages on iOS 14?

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 09:48 AM PST

    Is it possible to rearrange pages on iOS 14?

    submitted by /u/kautica0
    [link] [comments]

    Disabled iPhone 6s

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 09:47 AM PST

    Help! I have an iPhone 6s which is disabled from too many password attempts. ( younger sibling) And the phone won't recognize when connected to computer. (Both my cable and USB port work great) the phone will charge tho. And since it won't connect to my computer I can't put it in recovery mode to reset it. What can I do to fix this?

    submitted by /u/powerful_thunder
    [link] [comments]

    My IPhone 12 Pro Max refusing to connect to my PC hotspot

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 02:53 AM PST

    I'm using my PC as a hotspot/WiFi Repeater for all my devices as the WiFi in my room is shitty. I just recently got this IPhone 12 Pro Max and I have tried literally everything including reset the phone and PC, it still refuse to connect to my PC hotspot. My IPhone XS Max and IPad could connect normally but not for the IPhone 12 Pro Max. However it could connect normally with other WiFi routers. Anyone had the same issue?

    submitted by /u/max301
    [link] [comments]

    No recently messaged shown

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 08:09 AM PST

    IPhone X plus Hi when I go to send a pic through messages, there is no bar showing people I recently messaged. I do see people I recently FB messaged, but no bar showing people I recently text messaged. How do I get this back?

    Steps: Go to photos and pick a photo, click the send button and get to a screen where I can pick how/who to send it to. Recently texted contacts do not show here for a quick pick.

    submitted by /u/mooneybeams2
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel