• Breaking News

    Sunday, October 6, 2019

    Apple Help After updating to ios 13.1.2, my cellular data "requires an update to function", and I don't know what to do

    Apple Help After updating to ios 13.1.2, my cellular data "requires an update to function", and I don't know what to do


    After updating to ios 13.1.2, my cellular data "requires an update to function", and I don't know what to do

    Posted: 06 Oct 2019 10:58 AM PDT

    Hello! I am an iPhone 7s user. My phone has the latest version of ios 13 (13.1.2), and I haven't experienced any problems until last night when suddenly my cellular data stopped working. Confused, I went into settings and clicked on the cellular section, where a pleasant message greeted me: "An update is required to use cellular data on this iPhone. Learn More." Perplexed, I clicked on the learn more link and it sent me to an Apple support page, linked here. I read it through, and from my understanding, there was a problem with some iPhone 7 users when they upgraded to ios 13. At the bottom of the article, there was a list of fixes.

    What I have tried so far:

    • Plugging into a computer with the latest version of iTunes and redownloading ios 13
    • Factory resetting my phone and then uploading my backup
    • (Found this solution on a shady website, but whatever) Turning off wifi and putting on airplane mode, then shutting down my phone and turning it back on

    None of these solutions has yielded any results. By the way, I have great service at my home, so it isn't a problem with the connection, and my provider is Verizon, who, to my knowledge, isn't currently experiencing any problems at the moment. I think it is worth bringing up that sometimes when I shut my phone down all the way and then turn it back on again, cellular sometimes works for about 10 min max before it loses it again.

    At this point, I have no fucking clue what to do, so please please send help. If you are experiencing the same problem and got a fix, please comment down below. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/cford808
    [link] [comments]

    ifixit vs ebay for logic board?

    Posted: 06 Oct 2019 08:36 PM PDT

    Hey guys, I need to change the logic board on my macbook pro, I am conflicted between ifixit (may or may not be OEM ) with lifetime warranty vs ebay item which has been pulled from a running machine with just a 60 days warranty. Pleaes advise

    submitted by /u/Brainyface
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to reinstall OS on a mid-2010 iMac

    Posted: 06 Oct 2019 04:33 PM PDT

    A buddy of mine gave me an old iMac he upgraded for me. I wanted a fresh start, so I cleared the SSD and tried re-installing the operating system via the internet option presented when booted with command R. It downloaded fine and then got to about 80% installed and just stopped. It was like that for a solid 15 hours, so I stupidly turned off the computer. Now when I boot-up it tries installing, get's about 75% of the way there, and restarts. I want to download the OS onto my ancient PC, load it into a USB via TransMac or something, and install it onto the Mac...but I can't seem to find the download files available online. I've been told Mac OS are free, but I just can't seem to figure this out. I don't really care which OS it is, El Capitan, High Sierra... I can upgrade when I get it up and running. Any sort of help would be great! I prefer to do it via USB if possible.

    submitted by /u/sarkastikcontender
    [link] [comments]

    Lines show up on some photos in increasing frequency, is my iPhone XR outercamera broken?

    Posted: 06 Oct 2019 04:05 PM PDT

    What’s up with my screen

    Posted: 06 Oct 2019 04:16 AM PDT

    Multilingual typing does not work. Is this a bug or just poor design?

    Posted: 06 Oct 2019 10:50 AM PDT

    My understanding of how multilingual typing works is that it should be possible to switch between any of the languages that the user has selected from the phone's settings WITHOUT having to switch keyboards. That is, regardless of the current keyboard language, it should be possible to type in any of the other languages currently configured on the phone without auto-correct interfering. Even QuickType should recognize words from those other languages and suggest them to help speed things along.

    Alas, this is precisely how my old iPhone used to work with pre-iOS10 versions.

    Now I'm running iOS 13.1.2 with all settings appropriately configured for the languages I'd like to use. Under "Language & Region", I have English, French and Spanish. Under "Dictionary", I have all the corresponding dictionaries downloaded. Finally, I have all the relevant keyboards showing up when I press the globe to switch between languages. In spite of all this, my phone's will not accept input from French or Spanish if the current keyboard language is set to English.

    I called Apple a few times, got some case numbers, worked through this with some Senior Advisors.... and the consensus was always that nobody at Apple understands what's going on or even knows how this feature OUGHT TO work.

    Here are some other strange observations:

    1. It seems that if you switch your keyboard to another language, the phone will accept input from that language plus the phone's current Language. Ex: Your phone's iOS is in English and are typing with a French keyboard. You will be able to type in French and English. However, if you switch the keyboard to English, now you can't type in French anymore.
    2. It seems that certain combinations of languages can "break" multilingual typing. My friend's phone was set up for English, Spanish and German. I took her phone and was able to type in all languages, regardless of the currently selected keyboard or the iOS language currently in use. Then I replaced German with Spanish and this seemed to totally break multilingual typing. By "break", I mean that the phone would behave in the manner described in #1 above. Then I changed her settings back to the way they were before but could NOT restore the functionality of multilingual typing.

    This article (https://www.idownloadblog.com/2017/01/16/how-to-multilingual-typing-iphone/)seems to describe multilingual typing in a way that is consistent with my expectations, however at the end, they say "For example, if device language is set to English (US) and you're using that keyboard rather than French, you might only be allowed to type in English. But as you switch to another keyboard, like German, you should be able to write in both English and German." But I have PERSONALLY experienced this feature working correctly in the past and on other phones, so I'm hoping other users can chime in and we figure out WTF is up.

    Also, this archived thread had previously discussed this issue: https://www.reddit.com/r/apple/comments/ao6wt1/ios_multilingual_typing_with_one_keyboard_only/

    Finally, multilingual typing worked consistently for YEARS. But ever since 2018, all these issues have cropped up.

    Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/mckenziepiping
    [link] [comments]

    Bought a macbook pro (13-inch,mid 2012) from a homeless man for 10$

    Posted: 06 Oct 2019 06:45 AM PDT

    I know i shouldnt have done it and stuff but he basically shoved it down my throat and i figured i buy it to get rid of him.. it doesnt have a charger and I am a bit scared about buying one and starting it due to idk , maybe it gives away my location or something. Should I bring it to an apple store ? . Looking forward to read your tips! Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/Eyever
    [link] [comments]

    No Bluetooth on MacBook Air 2015 macOS Mojave?

    Posted: 06 Oct 2019 01:33 AM PDT

    Replaced drive in my 2010 13” MacBook Pro. Trim?

    Posted: 06 Oct 2019 03:48 PM PDT

    As in the title, I yesterday replaced the original 250GB spinning drive with a new 1TB SSD. Now I'm wondering if Trim is recommended. I'm running High Sierra btw. And if Trim is recommended, how should I engage it?

    submitted by /u/portnux
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 7 problems with iMessage and calling

    Posted: 06 Oct 2019 02:02 PM PDT

    My iPhone 7 is 2.5 years old. I can make and receive calls but there're no sounds, and the other person can't hear anything either. Sound works fine in other apps Also, lately my text messages won't send (or receive) as iMessage. Is this fixable? Or is it time to get a new phone?

    I've gotten my screen replaced twice, but not with Apple, so I'm worried that might've caused the issues. I've tried resetting settings, turning off bluetooth, etc, but it did not help. Any other ideas?

    submitted by /u/philzicetea
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone XS Max Constant Crashing Problem

    Posted: 06 Oct 2019 09:33 PM PDT

    Over the past few months I've been having a freezing problem with my iPhone XS Max. Starting about a month after I got the phone (January) the situation has been reoccurring time and time again. I have been updating my phone thinking it would be fixed along with it but that hasn't helped. Even today after I updated the phone to IOS 13.1.2, I had the phone freeze. What happens is that whether or not I'm using the phone, the screen becomes unresponsive. It only sometimes reacts to my touches 40 or so seconds later but, stays frozen. It doesn't let me do anything. It happens often and randomly for 1-40 minutes. The only pattern I find when it freezes is when it disconnects from WiFi and turns on cellular but, even if I stay on the WiFi it leads to the same unresponsive screen problem. This situation has been getting on my nerves lately, so I would appreciate any help you all are willing to offer. Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/icecreamturtleneck
    [link] [comments]

    Im being charged for a subscription I didnt ask for

    Posted: 06 Oct 2019 12:27 PM PDT

    For some reason there's a pending charge on my itunes account for a paid subscription to clover (that dating app). I never asked for or signed up for a subscription to clovers premium service.

    I called apple but they refused to do anything until the charge goes through. I dont have enough money on my card right now to pay the 16 dollar charge, and until then I cant access or download any of my itunes content.

    submitted by /u/Haltopen
    [link] [comments]

    IPhone XR won’t turn on

    Posted: 06 Oct 2019 03:12 PM PDT

    So when I checked my phone at 4:00 it was working fine but when it was about 25 minutes later I had problems when turning it on and I noticed it was hot so I thought it overheated. I went out without my phone and came one at 6 and noticed it was way hotter than it was better and still won't turn on. Can someone help please.

    submitted by /u/Cowiki
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Pencil 2nd Generation for non-drawer

    Posted: 06 Oct 2019 08:59 PM PDT

    I am using iPad Pro 12.9 " 3rd generation. Productivity increasingly drastically after buying it. But sometimes I want to edit photos/videos, and write on my iPad, which needs more sophisticated tool than a finger. So I'm considering buying an Apple Pencil, but the price seems to be too high. Is there any alternatives that functions same as apple pencil? Thank you.

    submitted by /u/JHK1223apple
    [link] [comments]

    How to easily send text messages vs iMessages.

    Posted: 06 Oct 2019 05:01 PM PDT

    My dad is old. He has a flip phone which he sends text messages on, and an iPad that he sends iMessages on. Up until iOS 13, I had two separate conversions in iMessages, one for his iPad (blue bubbles), and one for his cell phone (green bubbles).

    After updating to iOS 13, it has merged these two conversations because they belong to the same contact. Now I am finding it difficult to specify if I'm sending a message to his iPad or cell phone. It seems to default to his iPad, but I wish I could easily specify that I want to send a text to his cell phone.

    Should I create two different contact cards so that I can have separate conversations again? Or is there an easier way?

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/Justin6512
    [link] [comments]

    App Store Doesn't Work

    Posted: 06 Oct 2019 08:36 PM PDT

    - signed in, credit card verified

    - purchase is for a free app (tried multiple free and paid apps with same experience)

    - click GET, spins for a while, replaced with PURCHASED, but OPEN doesn't show up and app doesn't show up on computer.

    submitted by /u/fugqiz
    [link] [comments]

    Need to factory reset iPad Pro without iTunes password.

    Posted: 06 Oct 2019 08:34 PM PDT

    I won't bog this post down with the long story, but my roommate passed away a few months back and left me her iPad Pro. I need to factory reset it, but I don't have her passwords.

    Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/SS_Hammer
    [link] [comments]

    AppleTV 4K doesn’t like to turn in anymore

    Posted: 06 Oct 2019 09:11 AM PDT

    This isn't entirely true, my AppleTV does turn on and work fine. However, it takes forever now. Like I used to be able to just click any button on the remote and it would turn on right away. Now I have to hold a button down for like 5 seconds and point it directly at the box. Anyone else have this issue?

    submitted by /u/chussil
    [link] [comments]

    How can I delete all photos from an iDevice at once?

    Posted: 06 Oct 2019 02:45 PM PDT

    Due to some unwanted iCloud bullshit, tens of thousands of photos from my iPhone have been copied to my iPads and I cannot figure out how to remove all of them. I've disabled all the iCloud settings but they are still taking up 27GB of space, and I don't have the time or patience to select them one by one. Is there no way to remove all of them at once other than resetting the device back to factory settings and losing everything else? It will piss off my landlord and take forever if I have to redownload all my games again, since Apple removed the ability for me to back up and manage apps myself.

    submitted by /u/guspasho
    [link] [comments]

    Why doesn't Reminders work across my devices anymore?!?!!

    Posted: 06 Oct 2019 05:49 PM PDT

    The whole point of the app is that I can use it across my Apple products. What's the point?!

    submitted by /u/fugqiz
    [link] [comments]

    Can’t transfer iPhone data to new phone

    Posted: 06 Oct 2019 05:25 PM PDT

    I can't transfer my data from iPhone 8 to iPhone X. I'm giving my dad my old iPhone X, and we're trying to transfer his data. We don't have a laptop so that's out. Our WiFi connection is 2mbs upload speeds so after two days of trying to back up to iCloud, that's not working, so I've been trying to upload it via the iphone to iPhone transfer feature, but it always gets stuck either at "Setting up your Apple ID" or "Preparing to transfer". Anyone know how I can get the data transferred over?

    submitted by /u/chussil
    [link] [comments]

    Bluetooth : Not Available

    Posted: 06 Oct 2019 05:11 PM PDT

    Bluetooth is not working in my 13" 2015 Macbook Pro. But Wifi and Internet sharing is working perfectly. I read somewhere that Bluetooth and Wifi have same card. Then how come only bluetooth fails? Is it expensive to replace?

    https://i.redd.it/1gyhdxcsg0r31.png

    submitted by /u/MohanKumar2010
    [link] [comments]

    How much is this gonna cost me to fix :(

    Posted: 06 Oct 2019 05:03 PM PDT

    Apple Mail app issues with Gmail

    Posted: 06 Oct 2019 04:45 PM PDT

    11 Pro Max, updated fully. A few days ago I was on my phone checking emails and then all of a sudden my inbox went from 2019 to 2016. I had no idea what happened. I searched and the inbox emails were in the sent threads in All Mail. In other words, if I replied to someone's email it was in sent, but the thread was not in my inbox. Then when I got to Desktop on my Imac, I discovered all the missing emails (that I know of) were in Trash. No clue how that happened. So anyways I just move all the emails back into my inbox and now on desktop, everything seems to be fine and back to normal. However on my phone, all I see at the top is 2008 emails. So I deleted my google account from the phone and then reinstalled it. currently on my phone I just see 2008 emails after it finished downloading the 150. A couple emails came in while I was messing around with app and settings and those emails remain at the top. So my question is how do I get the current emails back at the top on the stock Mail app?

    submitted by /u/mac1234steve
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone migration not working

    Posted: 06 Oct 2019 04:40 PM PDT

    I'm transferring my data from an iPhone 6S to an iPhone XR. My 6S is on the latest iOS and my XR was used for a bit, only to update the iOS and was factory reset afterwards in order to try and migrate my data.

    I've tried to backup my 6S to iTunes, but it always results in a read-write error. I've disabled encryption, disabled my passcode, reset my computer and phone, trusted my computer and tried a few other iTunes alternatives, all of which resulted in a significantly smaller backup or failure. My iCloud backup options also results in no available backups.

    More recently, I'm trying to utilize iPhone migration, which has also failed. I'm able to start the prompts, but once I reach the "choose a backup method" screen, I only get the old prompts and not the new ones that are supposed to be used with migration. I can only use the wireless version of migration, as I don''t have the dongle that connects the two phones.

    My 6S is pretty old and I have used two separate Apple IDs on it, if that makes any change.

    In short, I'm looking for either a fix to any of the above problems or a new method to transfer data from one phone to another.

    submitted by /u/washingaway
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel