• Breaking News

    Saturday, August 3, 2019

    Apple TV Whoa! My AppleTV 3 has been updated and now has the TV app on it!?!

    Apple TV Whoa! My AppleTV 3 has been updated and now has the TV app on it!?!


    Whoa! My AppleTV 3 has been updated and now has the TV app on it!?!

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 06:38 PM PDT

    I was just checking out my old AppleTV 3 on my Mom's TV and I realize it's got the TV app on it!!! I completely missed that announcement.

    In the past, I wanted to get her streaming but I gave up on it, so I basically only use it to show her photos on the TV screen.

    But I'd had a video I already downloaded in iTunes on my MacBook Pro and I was curious how it well it would AirPlay to the ATV from iTunes, I was having problems (and that's when I noticed the new update). I can AirPlay my MacBook and iPhone screens to the ATV and I can use the Computer app on the ATV to pull the video off of my computer, but it doesn't want to AirPlay via iTunes (seems to be audio related; maybe SoundFlower?); I can AirPlay iTunes video via my iPhone.

    She's only got 10Mbps internet, so it's limited in usefulness if anything else is on at the same time (just downloading cover art is making my brain explode a little bit).

    TL;DR - Wow! The Apple TV TV app for the AppleTV 3 is pretty awesome to bring some life into those old hockey pucks.

    submitted by /u/garylapointe
    [link] [comments]

    UK TV App issues

    Posted: 03 Aug 2019 02:38 AM PDT

    Before the last update the TV App worked mostly OK. Since the last update there seems to be number of issues.

    • C4 subbed 'Up Next" programmes pop up on my IOS TV App notifications, but are not in the TV App on Apple TV. They are not even on C4 Apple TV app until several hours later.
    • some C4 programmes are found on TV App's search, only in C4, making it impossible to add them to Up Next
    • C5 subbed programmes on TV App won't play. Clicking the programme on Up Next opens the C5 app (which also has a strange name now 'my5-enterprise') main page, but nothing else happens. I need to manually search the programme inside C5 app.
    • iPlayer and TV App seem to not sync properly. Programmes watched in iPlayer don't automatically appear on Up Next.
    • Some regional iPlayer programmes (like from STV) don't work properly, missing episodes etc
    • On-demand content on iPlayer, like sports events series, don't work properly on TV App either.

    Before the redesign, TV App had limited but pretty solid performance, now it's super glitchy.

    submitted by /u/MileHighNightClub
    [link] [comments]

    "Up Next" issues with Hulu

    Posted: 03 Aug 2019 04:22 AM PDT

    Hulu and Apple are not playing well together and have not since inception. About 80% of shows from the Hulu on demand library appear in Apple TV "Up Next" making it easy to continue watching and know if new episodes are available, but the other 20% will not. Shows like (Power, SWAT, Legion, 12 Monkeys) are just some of the Hulu shows that do not migrate to the "Up Next" section of the TV.app. I've spent countless hours with support from Hulu and Apple each company blaming the other.

    submitted by /u/rlincolnspaulding
    [link] [comments]

    Hulu/Siri Remote

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 10:23 PM PDT

    Does anyone else seems to have issues with the Siri Remote and Hulu? About 50% of the time when I go to skip ahead 10 seconds or FFWD the next up menu pops up from the bottom instead of skipping or fast forwarding.

    I've found that I have I have to pause and then doing the desired action. I've tried messing with the sensitivity to no avail. Hulu appears to be the only app that has this issue.

    submitted by /u/Yankees1030
    [link] [comments]

    Why isn’t the Apple TV App available to all smart tv’s...is it a technology issue?... I have a ks8000 Samsung Smart Tv just wondering why I can’t get it my tv isn’t that old

    Posted: 03 Aug 2019 04:19 AM PDT

    ATV iOS13 does not find iOS 12.4 iPad on BT

    Posted: 03 Aug 2019 02:01 AM PDT

    Hello all,

    I just updated my ATV 4th 4K to iOS13 (joining the Beta program)

    After the update is complete the ATV asks me to connect to any of my devices by BT to Authenticate.

    Thus I put my iPad 12.4 close to the ATB but it does not appear in the device list.

    I was wandering if the iPad has to be on iOS13 as well to use this feature.

    Any idea?

    submitted by /u/GLOP1978
    [link] [comments]

    MLB.tv via AppleTV Channels

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 06:17 PM PDT

    I have the Apple TV 4K. I've tried going through the Apple TV channels but continue to have issues with mlb.tv unless I use the actual MLB app. Sometimes it will just go completely black and I have to unplug my Apple TV.

    Anyone else have this issue?

    I haven't had much luck with the channels. HBO now won't remember where I left off.

    submitted by /u/Hokie07Mets
    [link] [comments]

    DAE anyone else’s Netflix drop down from 4K to 1080p or worse?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 08:57 PM PDT

    So I bought a Sony OLED last night and paired it with a Apple TV 4K. I finally got it to pass the Dolby Vision tests and it's set up for that now. I have "match range and frame rate" enabled.

    This afternoon I was testing "breaking bad", "stranger things" and "she's gotta have it" and in the pull down menu, it said it was 4K. But the room was too bright in the afternoon and I couldn't wait till the evening to watch it again in 4K with Dolby.

    Well I tried again and now the pull down menu just says HD. It doesn't say 4K anymore tonight from the drop down menu. I restarted the Apple TV. I rechecked the connections. I'm over Ethernet. I never even set up Wi-Fi for my Apple TV because I didn't want any drops. Dolby vision still passes the tests. The Apple TV wallpapers seem to still play in Dolby vision. My comcast bandwidth is 300 down and 30 Up. Idk why I can't get Netflix to stream in 4K when it was working perfectly before.

    Has this happened to anyone else? If so, is there a fix?

    submitted by /u/xanksnap
    [link] [comments]

    Did a clean install of Sierra (10.12.6) now Airplay cannot find Apple TV (1st Gen)

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 08:10 PM PDT

    Before I did the clean install I was able to use Airplay to mirror my screen to my TV via Apple TV no problem.

    Did a clean install of Sierra and now Airplay can't seem to find my Apple TV.

    I tried using an ethernet cable, ensured they both devices are on the same WiFi, turned off OSX's firewall, all to no avail.

    I noticed in Settings that I can't toggle "AirPlay Display" to On - it's stuck on Off.

    Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/GE7BV25546
    [link] [comments]

    Another tvOS 13 beta and BBC iPlayer still cannot display subtitles

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 03:01 PM PDT

    This is something beyond my imagination. They can display on iOS app but they cannot display subtitles on Apple TV since 2015 even if the option exists in UI.

    They said something about their "incompatible system" which is total BS and since its public company such things should never happen because it is against the law to discriminate viewers with hearing impairment.:(

    submitted by /u/PeachOrPear
    [link] [comments]

    The way product pages in the TV app handle localisation and audio tracks is extremely misleading

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 10:48 AM PDT

    I'm a native English speaker using iTunes in Germany. There seems to be an increasing number of English-language movies being sold with a German audio track only. The trouble is, the entire product page is in English. In some cases even the trailer. The only mention of the audio track is the very last line on the page, using the smallest font size. That's either careless or unethical design.

    https://imgur.com/a/fSvViVG

    I just discovered that several movies I bought several months ago suffer from this. Movies like Friday Night Lights and In The Shadow Of The Moon, but there are plenty more. Unfortunately Apple doesn't consider these purchases 'recent', so I can't report any issues through the Report A Problem page.

    Is anybody else in a non-English country experiencing this? And has it always been this bad?

    submitted by /u/unfunfionn
    [link] [comments]

    Does the first avengers movie have the imax ratio?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 08:44 AM PDT

    I know the blu Ray does because if iTunes doesn't have it then I'm not buying it

    submitted by /u/Professor_-
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel