• Breaking News

    Sunday, July 28, 2019

    macOS Touchbar Improvements on MacOs Catalina?

    macOS Touchbar Improvements on MacOs Catalina?


    Touchbar Improvements on MacOs Catalina?

    Posted: 28 Jul 2019 12:15 AM PDT

    Are there no improvements on the TouchBar for the latest OS?

    submitted by /u/mmmxmr
    [link] [comments]

    Empty Trash Meltdown

    Posted: 27 Jul 2019 05:41 PM PDT

    I am using Mojave.

    I recently transferred 3TB of files from several old portable drives to a brand-new USB 3.1 Gen 1 3.5" 8TB drive, with the intention of then sorting through the data, which was a huge mess. The last drive I copied over was a Samsung USB3 128GB thumb drive, after which I emptied the trash.

    As I emptied the trash, the Mac had an unplanned shutdown. When it restarted, the new external drive would not mount. Although I could see it in Disk Utility, First Aid failed. The thumb drive mounted just fine, and it was blank, as well as the trash.

    I plugged the drive into a Windows 10 computer and it started recovery, which was successful. It subsequently mounted in Windows 10 and then also in MacOS. I then ran First Aid, which was successful.

    None of the files that were on the thumb drive show up on the 8TB drive, except for one folder. Several other folders I moved over that were from other drives are also missing.

    Is it possible to find these files? My guess is something was corrupted when it shut down and the data is still there just hidden.

    submitted by /u/veteranbicycle2
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Pro FPS drop on MacOS 10.14.6

    Posted: 27 Jul 2019 07:00 AM PDT

    I just updated my mid 2017 MacBook Pro to macOS Mojave 10.14.6. I am getting terrible FPS drop after it. None of the system animations are smooth anymore. Games such as dota2 are reporting that my FPS are somewhere around 20-30 occasionally spiking to normal levels. I tried rebooting the Mac multiple times but it didn't help. Anyone else have this issue? How to solve this?

    submitted by /u/white--bear
    [link] [comments]

    EPSON SCAN SOFTWARE HELP

    Posted: 27 Jul 2019 10:22 PM PDT

    Hi I have been looking for a way to get the standard epson scan software on mac. When I got my scanner (Epson v600) it came with a cd for the software and I used it on my pc but now that I got a macbook I am trying to find a way to get it. I know it is available on mac however I can't figure out a way to get it. Could anyone please help me out thank you.

    submitted by /u/bernienac
    [link] [comments]

    Make mailto links open gmail in Safari

    Posted: 27 Jul 2019 12:35 PM PDT

    Hi all,

    I have Safari and Chrome. When I open mailto or email links it keeps opening the Chrome browser instead of gmail within my Safari browser.

    Is there a fix for this?

    submitted by /u/redpoint_send
    [link] [comments]

    Best free Mac OS CPU temperature reader and potentially a fan control option if possible? (For MBP)

    Posted: 27 Jul 2019 10:37 AM PDT

    Hi all, running a late 2012 macbook pro on 10.14.5 and looking for a *free* cpu temp reader and if possible a fan controlling program. Having trouble finding either. Thank you!

    submitted by /u/deymious500
    [link] [comments]

    Change minimise windows shortcut

    Posted: 27 Jul 2019 12:52 PM PDT

    Hi,

    As the title says, is there any way of changing the minimise window keyboard shortcut (CMD + M) on 10.14.6?

    Thank you

    submitted by /u/dcduarte
    [link] [comments]

    What's up with my Mac?

    Posted: 27 Jul 2019 07:10 AM PDT

    Hello,

    My MacBook Pro (15-inch, late 2016) is acting very strange and weird lately.

    I bought this Mac new from store in December 2017, so I don't even own this machine for 2 years. My Mac is acting very very very slow, like you can see in the video. This problem is going on for 3 months right now. It's not like it's happening all the time, but most of the time whenever I open up Ableton (music producing software), OBS (for recording videos or livestreaming), 2 or more RuneScape Java clients, it happens instantly.

    Since I am a musician for a living, I need to use Ableton daily, and it's super demotivating to work like this with the slow Mac and with tons of little music glitches (lag).

    When this problem occurs, my Kernaltask (in Activity Monitor) goes from 800-3000 CPU%. Also, my Mac (fans) is makig very loud noises and get painfully hot.

    Video of the issue can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VG7vcK9vAmg&feature=youtu.be

    I've spoken to Apple via Twitter DM. They told me to:
    - Run the Apple Diagnostics
    - See what my Mac did in Safe Mode
    - See if the problem was occuring on a brand new User
    - Reset NVRAM/PRAM None of the above did work, or solve/show the issue.

    Maybe this is useful information: one of my graphic cards doesn't show up at "About This Mac". This is the Radeon Pro 455. It used to show up, and sometimes it randomly shows up but most of the time it is not there.

    The specs of my Mac are:
    MacBook Pro (15-inch, late 2016)
    Processor: 2,7 GHz Intel Core i7
    Memory: 16 GB 2133MHz LPDDR3
    Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 530 1536 MB

    If anyone knows what this could possibly be, or can help me out on a next step to maybe find the issue: please, I'd love this to be solved asap!

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/mitsdub
    [link] [comments]

    How do I set up my 'Photos' app so that it automatically imports my photos onto an external hard drive instead of my internal drive?

    Posted: 27 Jul 2019 08:52 AM PDT

    I've run out of disk space. And manually copy/pasting all of the pictures in the 'Photos' app is a nightmare. Everytime I try to do this, the number of photos/videos doesn't reconcile with what I pasted to an external hard drive... so I'm unsure of what fell out during the transfer. Is there a way I can set it up so that photos are automatically imported into an external hard drive when it's connected?

    submitted by /u/TheBlackPeppers
    [link] [comments]

    EyeTV 3.6.9 (7528)

    Posted: 27 Jul 2019 09:45 AM PDT

    Hey this new version that came out supposelly works with hdhomerun tuner again. But it remains 32 bit :)

    submitted by /u/killerdan56
    [link] [comments]

    How to stop Mail saving drafts in the send folder and also remove existing copies?

    Posted: 27 Jul 2019 09:00 AM PDT

    After I sent an email multiple copies of the same email appear in the sent folder as if I was manually sending the email every time after I wrote a few words in a sentence. Since nobody is complaining that they are receiving incomplete copies of the same email from me I'm guessing those are drafts, but why is Mail saving all those drafts in the sent folder? Can I disable that behavior? and how can I remove the existing copies without deleting the "actual" email that was sent?

    submitted by /u/rraallvv
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone else have this issue?

    Posted: 27 Jul 2019 08:56 AM PDT

    Asking Siri to search for restaurants nearby or new movies & music doesn't work... it just says an error occurred and to try again later... I noticed this for the first time yesterday...

    It's broken on both of my iOS 12 devices, my Apple Watch and my MacBook Pro running the latest macOS Mojave(10.14.6)...

    If this is the wrong sub for this, please redirect me to the correct one...

    submitted by /u/xXG0DLessXx
    [link] [comments]

    Boot on lid open not working sometimes.Please Help.

    Posted: 27 Jul 2019 07:59 AM PDT

    ok ill cut directly to the chase.....so..I bought a MacBook Air just 1 month ago, enjoyed using it...but suddenly one day, it did not boot up automatically when I opened the lid. So I started holding the power/fingerprint sensor for more than 30 minutes or so ...got nothing..then I pressed the power button again...and the apple logo came up. So I went like...
    "this is odd??...this should not happen?!?.....meh whatever...should be a bug or something..." and carried on with my work.And from that day onwards , it started doing the same thing atleast once a day.But the weird thing is that...it doesn't always happen...sometimes it automatically boots as it should be...but other times it just doesn't boot up when I open d lid...and I have to keep holding the power button..sometimes pressing it multiple times till I see d apple logo.This also sometimes happens when I sleep and wake up my Mac...an Observation that I noticed is...when the problem happens when I sleep and wake it up....I can see that the keys are backlit..So I tried closing the lid and opening it again..and to my surprise...it works sometimes and boots me directly to the password screen as it should do...the keyword here is "sometimes"...If it always happened..then I can try trouble shooting it..but it happens only sometimes...but definitely once in a day...this is absolutely strange and I dont know how to fix it.Ive already tried resetting the smc. It dint help me..one thing to note is that I remember installing wine (to run a software which is required for my college but it did not have a Mac counterpart)before this thing happened..the newest version and I uninstalled It as it did not work for me and I again installed wine from this link https://wiki.winehq.org/MacOS and installed it under users/myaccname/wineFiles(but to my surprise It is not listed in applications folder..idk why)...but I dont think that wine might be causing the problem..this is absolutely strange and I need help fixing it.I can't find any help on the internet so I turn to u guys to help me sort my problem.

    submitted by /u/_t3chkid_
    [link] [comments]

    Disabling the TRACKPAD's (extreme) SCROLL acceleration?

    Posted: 27 Jul 2019 07:24 AM PDT

    Been spending almost an hour trying to find a way to do that. Until before Mojave I used an app called "DisableExtremeScrollAcceleration". I don't know if it's the Mojave or something I did on my Mac, by this great app is no longer working. I have to work with hundreds/thousands pages PDF's on a daily basis. The MacOS's native extreme scroll acceleration for the trackpad makes it impossible for me. So frustrating. Please help.

    PS - there are fixes for mouses apparently, but not for the trackpad.

    submitted by /u/idankor
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel