• Breaking News

    Friday, July 19, 2019

    macOS Anyone else got Microsoft AutoUpdate installed for no reason and without their consent?

    macOS Anyone else got Microsoft AutoUpdate installed for no reason and without their consent?


    Anyone else got Microsoft AutoUpdate installed for no reason and without their consent?

    Posted: 18 Jul 2019 10:24 PM PDT

    Mojave login screen mirrored with 2nd display issue

    Posted: 18 Jul 2019 05:56 PM PDT

    My iMac pro is booting in mirrored mode when I don't even have that selected. If I do command + F1 it shows the extended desktop mode which is how it should be but this is only a temporary fix. I'm using a thunderbolt 3 to HDMI adapter for my 1080p television. I have reset PRAM and SMC to no avail. As well as fiddling around with the display settings. I also have tried disk repair and different orientations for the dual monitor setup. No luck. I had an iMac pro with the same exact set up and cables working not even a few weeks ago. Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/PossessedGravy
    [link] [comments]

    USB drive file are still available, after removing the drive (unsafely)

    Posted: 18 Jul 2019 04:55 PM PDT

    I have an encrypted veracrypt usb drive that I have successfully mounted. I then remove the usb drive (unsafely), but all the files on the drive can be listed and even accessed.

    I'm confused. What's going on, and is there a way to resolve this?

    I'm on MacOS 10.14.5

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/farva_litter_cola
    [link] [comments]

    MacOS Screensaver

    Posted: 19 Jul 2019 01:39 AM PDT

    Just wanted to share a screensaver I made for Mac OS X, thought it looks pretty cool:

    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ntcXFAW_4NGpM_8SS1xdxNPhqVK8h8Vx/view?usp=sharing

    There are some more interesting designs here

    submitted by /u/cheezemaker37
    [link] [comments]

    How can I mirror my Android screen to my Mac with cable? Also the privacy is important for me.

    Posted: 19 Jul 2019 12:56 AM PDT

    [Help] Volta (macOS undervolting tool) license key isn't working, the developer won't reply to me (been over a week)

    Posted: 19 Jul 2019 12:35 AM PDT

    Any idea how I should proceed? I've never encountered a situation like this. Pasting in or typing the license key manually and pressing enter just does nothing.

    submitted by /u/lanthonyw
    [link] [comments]

    How to change the standard program with which a file opens?

    Posted: 19 Jul 2019 12:34 AM PDT

    (Not sure if this fits this sub, but r/mac has macbooks only day so yeah)

    How can I make sure that my mp4 files open with vlc media player as standard instead of quick time player?

    I know that on my old windows that was possible but i see no option to do that on mac.

    Can someone who isn't as braindead as me give me some tips? That would be very appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Larry_Cockslock
    [link] [comments]

    I'm pleased all the way around with Catalina so far, with one exception: Music app. 2/2 machines won't let me browse music outside my library.

    Posted: 18 Jul 2019 10:18 AM PDT

    Formatting an external M.2 drive to work with both macOS Mojave and Windows 10

    Posted: 18 Jul 2019 03:31 PM PDT

    Hey r/MacOS I'd like to transfer work files from a Windows machine over to my MacBook Pro running Mojave. I was wondering what the best file format would be to use on my 1TB M.2 drive which is housed in an external enclosure. I know there a limitations on file sizes when using FAT32 (4gb max?). Would exFAT be the way to go here, or would you recommend NTFS and if so what software would you recommend in order to read/write in NTFS on the Mac? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/OPDoomsday
    [link] [comments]

    Acceptable sleep behavior in MacOS

    Posted: 18 Jul 2019 12:19 PM PDT

    Have Macs always had issues staying asleep or is this something new? User since OS9 days... I would just like my machines to stay asleep when they are put to sleep and only wake when they're asked to. I've spent hours tweaking and trying to determine what's the cause of constant wakes on all my Macs and I'm starting to wonder if it's just typical system behavior.

    I recently did a fresh install of Mojave on one of my Macs (2013 Mac Pro) with a new SSD and noticed that the display has been turning on intermittently. This prompted me to start trying to drill down into the wake reasons in terminal and try and find what's causing the random wakes (sometimes 20 a day) on a fresh install of MacOS... after disabling power nap, wake for network access, making sure the bluetooth driver isn't waking it via input, thunderbolt driver, etc it resolved the issue of the display turning on, but then I was left with constant dark wakes and a few other events in the logs. I finally sort of managed to actually get it to sleep by disabling hibernate all together. While this seems to have done the trick for the most part and kept Darkwake from showing in the logs it still seems strange that this behavior seems to be standard. I decided to look into my 2017 MBP's sleep logs and it's even worse... dozens and dozens of wakes daily. All the typical settings that might be waking it are disabled. Now I've resorted to just shutting it off altogether. It doesn't seem to run down the battery, but I also don't want it waking all the time causing wear on the hardware.

    Is this just how Macs behave now? The wakes aren't noticeable from a user perspective and really can only be seen in terminal, but I still would just like my machines to go to sleep and *stay* asleep.

    submitted by /u/trusts
    [link] [comments]

    Need some clarification

    Posted: 18 Jul 2019 04:43 PM PDT

    Can any of you inform me about the updates the macbook air 2015 13 inch model gets? I want to know as I want to buy one.

    submitted by /u/Nim00x
    [link] [comments]

    On Catalina Dev Beta 2 (19A487l), can't update to higher beta.

    Posted: 18 Jul 2019 04:19 PM PDT

    Hi, when I search for updates (with the dev beta profile), nothing shows up. Tried it from the console, removed/readded the profile, restarted. Any ideas what I could do here?

    submitted by /u/Alisamix
    [link] [comments]

    Are zsh commands the same as bash?

    Posted: 18 Jul 2019 11:49 AM PDT

    Hello! I'm an avid mac user but I bricked mine a year ago and I'm buying a new one next month, I read that Apple replaced the bash shell with a new one called zsh, and I'm wondering since it took me a while to learn the commands if they're compatible/the same or does zsh use somewhat different ones?

    submitted by /u/UltSar
    [link] [comments]

    Backblaze and macOS Catalina Beta 4

    Posted: 18 Jul 2019 10:48 AM PDT

    In Beta's 1-3, Backblaze was broken but could be fixed. In Beta 4, this fix no longer works. Has anyone found a solution?

    submitted by /u/andrewlumley
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Music performance on Catalina

    Posted: 18 Jul 2019 08:32 AM PDT

    Has anyone tried this on the latest beta? As we all know it is pretty slow on Mojave, making searches, loading artists pages, etc. Really hoping they speed it up. Making a search and loading an artist page on Spotify seems so much faster than in iTunes/Apple Music on Mojave.

    submitted by /u/tdmmm
    [link] [comments]

    USB automount failing on MacOS Mojave

    Posted: 18 Jul 2019 01:57 PM PDT

    Title says it all - USB automount works fine after a fresh boot, but after some unknown amount of time it fails to automount a USB stick or a USB CD/DVD drive. A reboot once again fixes it. Anyone know the name of the automount process used by USB so I can investigate in the logs why it is failing, or at least restart it?

    submitted by /u/ChesterRaffoon
    [link] [comments]

    Can anyone help me set up TeamViewer so I can wake my Mac up from sleep remotely?

    Posted: 18 Jul 2019 05:48 AM PDT

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/KikkoAndMoonman
    [link] [comments]

    What this might be. Help

    Posted: 18 Jul 2019 10:20 AM PDT

    Is it still possible to burn CD-ROM from custom playlists in new macOS Catalina Music app?

    Posted: 18 Jul 2019 05:34 AM PDT

    I was wondering if the new Music app that will replace iTunes in macOS Catalina will be able to burn CD-ROMs. Currently, it is possible to burn audio CD-ROMs from custom playlists using iTunes. CD-ROMs nowadays are "archaeology," so I wonder if this feature will be available or if Apple is going to delete it. I am not in the macOS Catalina beta so I cannot verify it in person.

    submitted by /u/Alberto_88_ita
    [link] [comments]

    Torrent client on catalina?

    Posted: 18 Jul 2019 04:37 AM PDT

    On Catalina 10.15 (19A487m). Transmission is having a port closed problem. I have tried everything. turned off firewall, randomized port, used a vpn, turned off vpn, nothing seems to be working. I have tried popular torrents, tries torrent, qibtorrent, nothing seems to be working. Is there a Catalina setting I am missing?

    Edited to clarify Catalina version.

    submitted by /u/haymitchs
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel