• Breaking News

    Tuesday, July 16, 2019

    iPhone Weekly Tech Support Thread - [July 16]

    iPhone Weekly Tech Support Thread - [July 16]


    Weekly Tech Support Thread - [July 16]

    Posted: 15 Jul 2019 09:12 PM PDT

    Welcome to the weekly Tech Support thread for /r/iphone.

    Have a question you need answered? Ask away! Please remember to adhere to our rules, which can be found in the sidebar. As usual, if you have a serious issue with the subreddit, please contact the moderators directly.

    Join our Discord room for support:

    Discord

    Note: Comments are sorted by /new for your convenience.

    Here is an archive of all previous "Weekly Tech Support" threads. This is best viewed on a browser. If on mobile, type on the searchbar [title:"Weekly Tech Support Thread" author:"AutoModerator"] (without the brackets, and including the quotation marks around the title and author.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Which iPhone is your favorite?

    Posted: 15 Jul 2019 10:10 PM PDT

    What’s the official capitalization for iPhone XS?

    Posted: 15 Jul 2019 08:13 PM PDT

    The iPhone XR is an absolutely amazing phone.

    Posted: 15 Jul 2019 11:47 PM PDT

    I switched from the iPhone SE to the XR and I'm absolutely astonished by this phone. I've been ogling over this phone since it was announced since it was finally a "decent" price but I've never had the money to buy it (I'm 14) and I finally decided to get it. This thing is amazing. As much as people crapped on the notch when the first announced the X, I actually kind of like it. Also, portrait mode is my favorite feature I've had on a phone. Overall, this is an incredible device and I hope Apple keeps this "budget" style phone every year.

    submitted by /u/HurricaneMatty5
    [link] [comments]

    Apple, please change the screenshot sound to avoid public embarrassment.

    Posted: 16 Jul 2019 05:50 AM PDT

    First off, I don't know why Apple insists on having a camera shutter/screenshot sound that can't be disabled in settings. The only way to turn it off is to silence the phone and I can't tell how many times I've missed important calls because I forgot to take my phone off silent after taking a few screenshots. If you must have a sound, why make it the same as the camera shutter? There have been times where I've taken a screenshot in public with the phone unintentionally pointing towards someone and gotten dirty looks because they thought I took a picture.

    submitted by /u/Dovahkiin9101
    [link] [comments]

    Getting my first ever iPhone today, suggestions?

    Posted: 16 Jul 2019 06:28 AM PDT

    Hi iPhone community,

    My work is issuing me an iPhone 7 today. I have only ever used Android phones before, but I want to be open to the iPhone experience.

    Any suggestions? What apps should I download? What features should I check out? What should I be looking forward to? Please let me know what you think! Thanks!

    submitted by /u/jaherbster
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone X (XS): Apple Pay without power button

    Posted: 16 Jul 2019 03:53 AM PDT

    Hi, I'm thinking about buying the iPhone XS. But I'm not comfortable with the new way to use Apple Pay. Is there a way to use it without the double press on power button ? Like assistive touch or wallet shortcut on control center ? On my iPhone 7, when I launch Apple Pay trough assistive Touch it automatically launch Touch ID. Is it the same for the X ? Will it launch Face ID without having to press the button ? Thanks in advance !

    submitted by /u/Shabanonda
    [link] [comments]

    25% off iPhone 8 Plus on Prime Day

    Posted: 16 Jul 2019 02:29 AM PDT

    Best Graphically Intense Games for XR

    Posted: 15 Jul 2019 06:33 PM PDT

    I love graphically intense games and now that I have the new XR I'm looking for a few games that will blow me out of the water with their graphics. I'm also looking for simple yet fun games that are not pay to play/win. I'm a huge fan of the Kingdom Rush series and the Infinity Blade series. It seems as if most games I'm looking for are not listed so it's hard to find fun games. Any recommendations?

    submitted by /u/HookItUpCuuz
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any reason, outside of privacy, to avoid Google products on an iPhone?

    Posted: 16 Jul 2019 06:31 AM PDT

    I see people frequently say they don't use Google services on their iphones, but the main reason seems to be privacy. If someone was getting an iPhone and had no issues with the privacy side of things, would there be any real reason to avoid Google? App performance, look, functionality, all of that type of stuff....is it all on par with Apple or Microsoft apps? Can a person with an iPhone live in a Google world without missing out on what makes an iPhone great?

    submitted by /u/selenagomezhasananus
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone XR Prime Day Deals! 15% off.

    Posted: 16 Jul 2019 02:39 AM PDT

    Has anyone with an IPhone X or higher experienced their ‘Battery health’ percentage drop?

    Posted: 16 Jul 2019 06:18 AM PDT

    I have a new iPhone XR, and I noticed there's a battery health menu now.. obviously mine is on 100% but I was wondering if anyone's has dropped, how long did it take to drop, and what did you do about it if it dropped?

    submitted by /u/TheRealJFranco
    [link] [comments]

    Text Message Forwarding - Any tips?

    Posted: 16 Jul 2019 02:27 AM PDT

    I have text message forwarding on for my iPad, MacBook Pro and an old iPhone 7 I'm using now as an iPT pretty much. Now I'm able to receive and respond to SMS on every device BUT the iPhone 7. I can see the SMS that is coming in, but when I reply back, it doesn't go through.. and it's only that device.

    I have tried all of the troubleshooting steps. Signing out of iMessage, signing back in, making sure both my phone number & email are checked, etc.

    Any idea why the iP7 is the only device that I can't send a regular SMS text to, but the Mac and iPad I can with no issues? Is it because the iP7 is supposed to be a "phone"?

    submitted by /u/Heyyitsmesusan
    [link] [comments]

    Question about default apps

    Posted: 16 Jul 2019 12:19 AM PDT

    Hey all, I'm about to pull the trigger on an XS and I'm switching from Android to iOS, just wanted to know if I uninstall Apple Maps, will Google Maps become the default?

    Overall what's that like to deal with? The preinstalled apps Vs your preference?

    Cheers!

    submitted by /u/IIAtomicToastII
    [link] [comments]

    How many fingers does the iPhone XS touchscreen support at once?

    Posted: 15 Jul 2019 11:28 PM PDT

    Is it 5? 7? Maybe 10?

    I remember being able to find this info on android phones back in the day. Can't really find info about it now, which is understandable but there must be a max.

    Also I'm in the mood for an odd questions(like this) thread.

    submitted by /u/IAmTheWorldLeader
    [link] [comments]

    New phone instead of new battery?

    Posted: 15 Jul 2019 07:59 PM PDT

    I made an appointment to get the battery replaced in my iPhone SE this weekend. For some reason (which seemed to surprise the employee), they said it needed to be sent in for repair rather than being done at the store. They gave me a loaner phone, so no big deal.

    Two and half hours after they received the phone at the repair center, the status says my 'Replacement Product will be shipped to you soon.' Is this typical?

    I'm perfectly happy to get a new phone, but it was pristine besides the battery.

    submitted by /u/blissofdeath
    [link] [comments]

    How to activate keyboard with number row

    Posted: 15 Jul 2019 10:07 PM PDT

    Hi r/iphone,

    Currently using iphone 7 Plus, ios 12.3.1. While setting up a Samsung phone for mom, I notice that the keyboard including number row, which is super convenience and time-saving. So I wonder how to enable number row on my Iphone keyboard like Android. I would prefer no external app installed. Thanks a lot.

    submitted by /u/ultimateudon
    [link] [comments]

    Fun or Useful things to do with old iPhone hardware?

    Posted: 15 Jul 2019 11:05 AM PDT

    I've got quite literally 200 iphones sitting on my desk. Most are 5s, some are 6s. They are in remarkably good physical condition as they were used professionally and not as someone's primary device.

    I'm looking for some ideas on what we can do with the hardware? Little tech projects or something. They will not be activated again so wifi-only. Thanks for ideas.

    submitted by /u/FJCruisin
    [link] [comments]

    Is loop disease inevitable

    Posted: 15 Jul 2019 09:12 PM PDT

    To those knowledgeable of the topic in hand, and to those who have owned or still own a "few year old" iPhone 7/7 Plus, is loop disease bound to happen on these iPhone models?

    Reading online, loop disease is due to drops and applying pressure in a bending manner (putting in the back pocket and sitting), but if one applies a heavy duty case like an otterbox or catalyst, would this still may happen?

    To those who still sport or used to have an iPhone 7/7 Plus, would like your input!

    submitted by /u/jappleseed481
    [link] [comments]

    How much screen time are you guys getting on your iphone SE with a full charge?

    Posted: 15 Jul 2019 04:51 PM PDT

    just got an iphone SE used. wanted to know what kind of battery life you guys are experiencing.

    submitted by /u/strugglinghuman786
    [link] [comments]

    Coming from Samsung S8

    Posted: 15 Jul 2019 03:44 PM PDT

    Really have to use to this iPhone. Had iPhones in the past but dang Samsung is also very good with android. So will see if I keep the iPhone 8 or the Samsung s8. Any tips? Like file transfer between windows laptop and iPhone? Oh and iTunes on windows 10 is not working at all for me so...just love the easy file transfer on Android because it's just an sd card.

    submitted by /u/Desiree12345
    [link] [comments]

    Do iPhone add-on lenses scratch your iPhone lens?

    Posted: 15 Jul 2019 06:11 PM PDT

    I'm seeing many ads from companies on social media for these wide angle or telephoto lenses, but I have always wondered if they scratch your lens because you're often mounting, adjusting and removing.

    submitted by /u/JSasquatch
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel