• Breaking News

    Saturday, July 27, 2019

    iPhone Daily Tech Support Thread - [July 27]

    iPhone Daily Tech Support Thread - [July 27]


    Daily Tech Support Thread - [July 27]

    Posted: 26 Jul 2019 09:08 PM PDT

    Welcome to the Daily Tech Support thread for /r/iphone.

    Have a question you need answered? Ask away! Please remember to adhere to our rules, which can be found in the sidebar. As usual, if you have a serious issue with the subreddit, please contact the moderators directly.

    Please be informed that any questions about bypassing iCloud lock, or anything similar that may infer that you are trying to get access to a locked iPhone, are no longer allowed and will be removed. Thank you.

    Join our Discord room for support:

    Discord

    Note: Comments are sorted by /new for your convenience.

    This is the previous archive of all previous "Daily Tech Support" threads. This is best viewed on a browser. If on mobile, type on the searchbar [title:"Daily Tech Support Thread" author:"AutoModerator"] (without the brackets, and including the quotation marks around the title and author.)

    Here is a previous archive of all previous "Weekly Tech Support" threads, which has now changed to Daily Tech Support Thread. This is best viewed on a browser. If on mobile, type on the searchbar [title:"Weekly Tech Support Thread" author:"AutoModerator"] (without the brackets, and including the quotation marks around the title and author.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Apple is now top company in US for solar!

    Posted: 27 Jul 2019 12:17 AM PDT

    My gold iPhone XS Max with red skin! Iron man will be pleased

    Posted: 27 Jul 2019 07:16 AM PDT

    Apple Got Away With It

    Posted: 27 Jul 2019 10:03 AM PDT

    How many more updates do you guys think the iPhone 7 will have.

    Posted: 27 Jul 2019 03:31 AM PDT

    Im new to iPhones and am looking at a second hand iPhone 7. How years of updates does it still have to go?

    submitted by /u/TerribleEnthusiasm
    [link] [comments]

    The 5G iPhone is coming with the $1 Billion Intel deal

    Posted: 27 Jul 2019 09:43 AM PDT

    List of controller friendly games?

    Posted: 27 Jul 2019 07:20 AM PDT

    I'm going on holiday soon and won't have internet much, on planes and ferries and the like. Not wanting both my brother and I to get bored, I wanted some games we could play. So, any help?

    submitted by /u/pmMeGoodUsernames
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else have this Siri issue?

    Posted: 27 Jul 2019 08:45 AM PDT

    Can anyone tell me if i can connect a PS4 controller to a IPhone SE on IOS 13

    Posted: 26 Jul 2019 11:35 PM PDT

    How much does iOS cost Apple?

    Posted: 26 Jul 2019 11:14 PM PDT

    Hi, I can't find anything online about this so thought I'd ask here. How much would the research and development cost of iOS be? Also would this be (significantly) incorporated in the price of iPhones? Perhaps making iPhones more expensive compared to other manufacturers that can 'just' buy a licence from Google?

    Edit: skip the last question it is completely wrongly formulated and you can't compare companies that easily.

    submitted by /u/imax1738
    [link] [comments]

    How did apple get away with the loop disease fiasco?

    Posted: 27 Jul 2019 06:41 AM PDT

    My phone started acting randomly (biggest issue being no voice over calls, and what are phones without calls). I searched a bit and slowly found out about loop disease, and all the symptoms match.

    What I dont understand is this is clearly a manufacturing defect from apple, and from what I could read, they offered repair services for a small time then completely backed out of acknowledging the problem even existed.

    Now, I'll have to either get a completely new phone (I wasn't planning to for another year) or get a very costly repair for something I didn't cause.

    And afaik there were no repercussions to apple for this? How are we still licking apple's boots after such disappointment in the last couple of years?

    submitted by /u/dumb-on-ice
    [link] [comments]

    Risks of keeping my 6?

    Posted: 27 Jul 2019 06:36 AM PDT

    It's in great condition, works well, have accessories, and new battery earlier this year.

    I'm caught up in the "OMG no iOs13/no software updates" vs "iPhone11 = meh, iPhone12 = amazeballs" hype

    Is buying an XR the best stopgap measure for a year until the 12? Or should I just stop worrying and keep the 6? Halp. Stop me from Googling

    submitted by /u/SuspiciousBeehive
    [link] [comments]

    How does the Mujjo leather case age compared to apple's?

    Posted: 26 Jul 2019 10:00 PM PDT

    Hey all!

    I was interested in getting a leather case and the mujjo one caught my eye. I was initially gonna get the apple's saddle brown leather case ,but I found it ages to quickly. I want the new look to last a while....

    I wanted to know from your experience how the mujjo case ages, and how long it took?

    It would be awesome if you can post some aged mujjo cases!

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/dnf240
    [link] [comments]

    Is Getting a Third-Party Repair and Betting on Apple Replacing With Warranty a Good Idea?

    Posted: 26 Jul 2019 06:53 PM PDT

    So a while back, one of my teachers knocked my case protected phone off of my desk and everything was fine until I took the case off about a month or two later and realized there was a crack in the backglass, almost certainly because of that desk drop.

    Though the crack is no issue when I have my case on, the face ID has recently stopped working for no logical reason, and although my iPhone is still within the 1-year warranty, I would have to pay almost $800 Canadian to replace it with Apple. However, I have read that Apple provides repairs/replacements for phones that have had third party repairs so long as the repair crew didn't damage anything.

    I am wondering whether it would be worth it to risk getting that third party back glass repair, and then try to claim the one year warranty on my phone, or to tough it out and suffer. I have a very reliable place to get said repair, and it would be significantly cheaper than what Apple would charge for the same thing.

    Thank you in advance for your input :)

    submitted by /u/MixelTrixel
    [link] [comments]

    When does Apple release info about new iPhones?

    Posted: 26 Jul 2019 09:53 PM PDT

    Hello all, I am considering switching to iPhone after many years of using androids. When does news on new phones typically come out? Don't they typically release something every September or so? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/thetrooper424
    [link] [comments]

    {QUESTION} Apps in ios that can download videos from Twitter and Youtube directly to gallery?

    Posted: 26 Jul 2019 05:47 PM PDT

    Im thinking of moving to ios after using android for 8 years. as someone in a fandom i tend to save a lot of pictures and videos especially of my faves which ive done with ease using my android via the Videoder app (but my phone gets laggy quick so im tired of that already).

    so are there any apps on the apple app store that can download vids from twitter and youtube directly to my gallery? and i mean apps that are actually available in the appstore and not third party apps since i dont want to jailbreak my phone

    submitted by /u/Sinigangs
    [link] [comments]

    My iPhone 6 Plus tries to make random video calls on fb messenger and what’sapp

    Posted: 26 Jul 2019 04:22 PM PDT

    Pretty much what the title says . I'll be talking to a friend on WhatsApp or fb messenger and all of a sudden I'll see that my phone is attempting to connect via voice or video call . Seems to happen when I am typing really fast . Anyone ran into this issue ?

    submitted by /u/Shooter_mcdabbin206
    [link] [comments]

    Can you swap SIM cards regularly?

    Posted: 26 Jul 2019 01:23 PM PDT

    I have an iPhone as well as an android phone, there are features on both that I want to use but I don't want to get a second SIM.

    Does it do any harm to swap between the two as and when I need it? I primarily use the iPhone but occasionally I swap back to my android to use its no security hotspot.

    submitted by /u/EHeroLew
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel