• Breaking News

    Wednesday, July 24, 2019

    iPhone Daily Tech Support Thread - [July 24]

    iPhone Daily Tech Support Thread - [July 24]


    Daily Tech Support Thread - [July 24]

    Posted: 23 Jul 2019 09:08 PM PDT

    Welcome to the Daily Tech Support thread for /r/iphone.

    Have a question you need answered? Ask away! Please remember to adhere to our rules, which can be found in the sidebar. As usual, if you have a serious issue with the subreddit, please contact the moderators directly.

    Please be informed that any questions about bypassing iCloud lock, or anything similar that may infer that you are trying to get access to a locked iPhone, are no longer allowed and will be removed. Thank you.

    Join our Discord room for support:

    Discord

    Note: Comments are sorted by /new for your convenience.

    This is the previous archive of all previous "Daily Tech Support" threads. This is best viewed on a browser. If on mobile, type on the searchbar [title:"Daily Tech Support Thread" author:"AutoModerator"] (without the brackets, and including the quotation marks around the title and author.)

    Here is a previous archive of all previous "Weekly Tech Support" threads, which has now changed to Daily Tech Support Thread. This is best viewed on a browser. If on mobile, type on the searchbar [title:"Weekly Tech Support Thread" author:"AutoModerator"] (without the brackets, and including the quotation marks around the title and author.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    So my phone decided to “Unretina” itself

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 07:13 AM PDT

    iPhone 5 (Slate Black) was the best looking iPhone ever

    Posted: 23 Jul 2019 01:26 PM PDT

    Thank you Apple for this beautiful feature that's saved my ass many times already. I don't know when it began, but thanks.

    Posted: 23 Jul 2019 10:27 PM PDT

    TIL You can access Apple's text cursor in a third party keyboard on iPhone X

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 06:18 AM PDT

    I was using Google's Gboard which usually only allows you to get a cursor on the line you're currently typing on when you 3d touch the keyboard and prevents you from moving vertically with the cursor (unlike in apple's default keyboard) but I found if you 3d touch in the area below the keyboard (where the globe and dictation mic are) it will enter into apples regular cursor. May be something people already knew about but I thought it was cool.

    submitted by /u/Rnaud
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 11 may tout 'Smart Frame' to fix your photos.

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 05:39 AM PDT

    Does anyone else prefer square edged phones (I.E iPhone 4 and 5)

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 06:12 AM PDT

    To me they just felt so much better to fold and way less slippery and I just felt like I had a better grip on the phone. I feel like I am in the minority here and that we will almost never see this design come back. I was wondering what % of people in here seem to prefer square edges over round ones?

    submitted by /u/Blakees97
    [link] [comments]

    Recently my brother and I went through his old stuff, and I found iPhone 3G. Also, I just couldn't share those old iOS 4.1 sounds

    Posted: 23 Jul 2019 11:46 PM PDT

    New firewall App for iOS

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 07:53 AM PDT

    Nothing’s more annoying than when when you put your phone in your pocket for a couple of minutes and when you take it out this happens.

    Posted: 23 Jul 2019 11:17 PM PDT

    Would anybody have any idea what the little blue triangle means? I’ve never seen it before.

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 12:49 AM PDT

    TIL that you can disable in-app review prompts in the iPhone settings

    Posted: 23 Jul 2019 12:36 PM PDT

    Go to: Settings -> Apple ID -> iTunes & App Store -> disable "In-App Ratings & Reviews"

    submitted by /u/zweiforward88
    [link] [comments]

    Audio quality of videos when attending a music festival or similar

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 03:54 AM PDT

    Last year I noticed something interesting when I bought an 8+. Until then I had used a 5S for 4.5 years and whenever I went to a music festival the audio would be totally crushed (so called clipping). But with the 8+ this is no longer the case, the audio levels are being adjusted much better and now you don't have any clipping.

    Now my question is, is this due to a better and faster processor or because they used a better mic? Might seem a strange question but I'm really interested in knowing what changed.

    submitted by /u/simtom
    [link] [comments]

    I like how my phone looks and feels without a case so I don’t use one. Anyone else do the same or is it just me?

    Posted: 23 Jul 2019 08:13 PM PDT

    1Password push to subscriptions

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 04:26 AM PDT

    I'm Not happy with 1password removing the local vault feature allowing users to keep data only on their device and not in the cloud, and not letting people know in release notes. I purchased the Mac version, but used the free version on iOS. I didn't buy the pro in app purchase, because the free version was fine for me. I see 1password updated the app to restore the local vault to users who purchased the pro version, but not allowing new users or current users of the free version to be able to setup a new device or factory reset and have the data restored through iCloud. This is just 1password trying to push the subscription model. 1password should bring back the one time purchase of the pro for local vaults, I'd gladly pay it, or create a second 1password app for local vaults on device with a one time payment. I would gladly pay for an upgrade update every year or two but not subscription. I don't want my data in the cloud and 1password should allow you to keep your data on your device only. 1password was great until they went the subscription route and customer service seems to have gone down hill.

    submitted by /u/Tomreddit4
    [link] [comments]

    [News] Apple Card Attempted Transaction Email Leaked!

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 10:04 AM PDT

    Why the USB C love?

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 05:18 AM PDT

    Why does everybody seem to want USB C for their iPhones?

    Every lightning charger you own will need to be replaced. If the included charger is USB C on both ends you'll need new wall adapters, too (like the charger that comes with the iPad Pro). Your car doesn't have USB C. Your Mac may very well not have a USB C port. Your Air Pods don't have USB C. /r/

    I guess I can see it with the iPad Pro, although I've had the 2018 Pro since launch and USB C has simply meant another charger cable to lug around and I've had to buy a USB to USB C cable since my older Mac doesn't have a USB C port.

    But on an iPhone? I don't see the upside. I know I can always find a lightning charger anywhere I go, and the only time my phone needs something plugged in is to charge it.

    What is the advantage?

    submitted by /u/gstratmojo
    [link] [comments]

    Google Shared (Team) Drives on iOS

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 06:46 AM PDT

    Downsides And Tips?

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 06:23 AM PDT

    My mom is buying me an IPhone 7 Plus for my birthday and is gonna be my first time using IOS instead of Android. I'm curious about the downsides(Negative things) I'll be expecting and hoping to get some tips with the new phone I be getting from you Experienced Users.

    submitted by /u/TheKenwayLine
    [link] [comments]

    On a quest of Fast Charging...

    Posted: 23 Jul 2019 10:18 PM PDT

    iPhone needs a terabyte memory option for the next generation.

    Posted: 23 Jul 2019 06:16 PM PDT

    The cloud is cool but waiting to download shit like pictures & videos has to be the most annoying thing ever. I just want to be able to access all my files without having to download it.

    submitted by /u/irundmv
    [link] [comments]

    Emergency Call App ?

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 03:35 AM PDT

    Is there an app or a way to display a message or some sort of notification on the phone of the person you're calling ? In order to let them know that it's an emergency call and not a « regular » one. Going through the emergency section on the lock screen and sizing one of the preset numbers doesn't do the trick.

    submitted by /u/ThirdAltAccounts
    [link] [comments]

    Too all the people that claim Apple’s USB charging cables are badly built or are not long lasting, what are you doing with them? I have mine for 1 year and it still looks brand new!

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 02:33 AM PDT

    I’m trying to install an update but looks like wireless charging doesn’t count as “connected to a power source” (currently charging wirelessly).

    Posted: 23 Jul 2019 08:27 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel