• Breaking News

    Wednesday, July 24, 2019

    iPad Weekly r/iPad Discussion and Tech-Support Thread - 07/24

    iPad Weekly r/iPad Discussion and Tech-Support Thread - 07/24


    Weekly r/iPad Discussion and Tech-Support Thread - 07/24

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 09:38 AM PDT

    Welcome to r/iPad' Discussion and Tech-Support Thread!

    Discuss here anything that's iPad related. You can suggest or ask about iPad apps, accessories, post about your iPad art, tips & tricks etc.

    Get help regarding any issues you might be having with your iPad, with your applications, your accessories, physical and software problems, etc. Fellow redditors and members of the mod team will do their best to assit you.

    You may want to consider looking for similar questions to the one you're about to ask, in previous D&TS threads listed below, or with the search bar, as chances are someone was in the same situation as you before.


    Later on, please consider giving back by answering other people's questions when you can!

    Click here to see past D&TS threads.
    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Weekly 'What should I buy?' Thread - 07/24

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 09:38 AM PDT

    Welcome to r/iPad's 'What Should I Buy?' Thread!


    Are you wondering which iPad is best for you? Are you hesitating between the 12.9" versus the 11"? Which keyboard should you get or what is the best screen protector out there? This is the place to ask. Fellow redditors and members of the mod team will do their best to assist you.

    You may want to consider looking for similar questions to the one you're about to ask, in previous WSIB threads listed below, or with the search bar, as chances are someone was in the same situation as you before.


    Later on, please consider giving back by answering other people's questions when you can!

    Click here to see past WSIB threads.
    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    After getting the iPad mini 5, I feel like a different person, studying more

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 12:50 AM PDT

    Today’s setup.

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 08:30 AM PDT

    What a beautiful piece of hardware ����

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 04:09 AM PDT

    MP3 Files and IPad Pro

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 08:00 AM PDT

    So my MacBook recently crashed on me. I wasn't using it as much so I decided to buy an iPad Pro. It's been great so far but I have run into my first issue. I was sent some MP3 files from a recent concert I went to. I have downloaded them and they are located in my Files on both my iPhone and iPad. When I had my MacBook I was able to get these MP3 files into my iTunes so I could listen to them in the native app instead of the Folders MP3 files. Is there anyway to get these files from the Field app to a music app such as my iTunes/Apple Music app or my Spotify app like I used to be able to?

    submitted by /u/BillyMayys
    [link] [comments]

    Got a little Apple Pencil wrap from Slickwraps' sale, $1.67, and Sharpie'd the tip. Looks legit next to the composition notebook style iPad cover.

    Posted: 23 Jul 2019 04:01 PM PDT

    Can you reliably tether and iPad to an iPhone w/ Instant Hotspot?

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 09:14 AM PDT

    N00b here. How reliable is Instant Tethering between an iPad and an iPhone? Wondering if I can cancel my wife's iPad data plan. She's not a techie. Thanks so much

    submitted by /u/Watney
    [link] [comments]

    What do you think of my new pencil ?

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 05:08 AM PDT

    Screen Time Passcode

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 10:11 AM PDT

    I set up Screen Time for my kids, and I never set a Passcode. Now, all of a sudden, I am being prompted to enter it in order to change the any settings on their devices. I am now stuck at waiting 15 minutes to try the next passcode, and the delay keeps increasing as time goes on. Anyone else have this problem, know how to fix it, or reset the timer or Passcode?

    submitted by /u/Kminatta
    [link] [comments]

    HDMI connection to projector but no sound from iTunes or Netflix

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 10:15 AM PDT

    This has been tried on both an iphone8 and a 2017 iPad using a lightning to hdmi adapter. When playing videos from iTunes or Netflix the video will project, but there's no sound from the projector. If I just play music from iTunes the sound will play from the projector. If I use YouTube I get both audio and video on the projector. I checked the apple support site and this same question has been posted, but I can't find an answer. Any ideas as to why this might be happening?

    submitted by /u/highinthemountains
    [link] [comments]

    Does iPad have optimized charging?

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 03:12 AM PDT

    Recently got my new iPad pro 11 inch on memorial day holiday and was wondering if it was safe to charge your ipad overnight? Currently running iPad OS developer 4

    ios 13 gave iPhones optimized charging but do ipads have it built in like samsung phones?

    submitted by /u/dangitsda
    [link] [comments]

    Witch is better switch cover buddy or UAG scout

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 01:38 PM PDT

    Someone can give me some pros and cons about switcheasy cover buddy and UAG scout

    I looking for some iPad pro 11" case and I concern with - can use together with smart keyboard folio and apple pencil - protect iPad from scratches

    And make my iPad can go along without bending

    Thank you all

    submitted by /u/PPkk47
    [link] [comments]

    Question about iPad OS and Luma Fusion.

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 12:37 PM PDT

    When making a video with Luma Fusion, can you work using videos saved to a hard drive instead of loading all the clips directly into the iPad local storage?

    submitted by /u/KnightDragonHawk
    [link] [comments]

    iPad OS Beta 4 very buggy on ipad 6th gen?

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 12:36 PM PDT

    Anyone else having constant issues with multi tasking? Task bar bugs ? App icons sizes being messed up cant answer phone calls from iPhone on ipad, clearing history crashes safari. Trying to pick a window to pop open takes like 5 tries. It's god awful. I know what i signed up for but literally for me beta 1 was actually 100% perfect and every single one after has gotten worse......WTF?!!

    submitted by /u/Shady-Canuck
    [link] [comments]

    Ipad Os making dreams come true. ❤️��

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 11:51 AM PDT

    Is there a way to indent while keeping the current textbox active?

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 10:48 AM PDT

    Using iPad with a Smart Keyboard. Let's say you pull up a website in Safari that has a few textboxes. You're typing in one of them and you want to put in an indent, so you hit the tab key. The cursor will move on over to the next textbox, making that one active.

    Is there a way to indent within a textbox, code editor, etc. in Safari as if you were typing into a word processor - i.e. where the tab key doesn't mean to making the next button, link, etc. active? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/ycombine123
    [link] [comments]

    Is the iPad Pro 11 sharper than the iPad Air 2?

    Posted: 23 Jul 2019 09:28 PM PDT

    I know the two have the same ppi at 264 ppi, but if I upgrade, will I notice a difference in clarity? Or will it just be the refresh rate and resolution?

    submitted by /u/seanibrahim
    [link] [comments]

    Coding on the iPad Pro

    Posted: 23 Jul 2019 03:13 PM PDT

    So I am a science student (did a BSc in math/physics and now doing meteorology) and I have always enjoyed coding. Previously I used my MacBook Air to do all my coding through my schooling, but since I have bought the iPad Pro I am really liking it more then I ever did my MacBook.

    My question I am wondering about, and maybe hope to have some discussion on, is if someone wanted to do some coding (say just some Python work) what would be best for them to use? I have noticed that Pythonista and Juno are the most popular, but is their upsides and downfalls of each?

    Also as for the discussion piece, do you think developing an infrastructure so the iPad can be used as some kind of portable coding development, even for simple tasks like students would be using, is a direction the iPad should go down, or should it be left solely to more dedicated machines/environments?

    Me personally I would say that I do think this should be developed especially with the direction cloud programming (like jupyter) is going. I know several people that use this on a regular basis instead of using something through terminal so I think it would be only natural to have a way for someone to do some coding on an iPad as I personally believe that the tablet market is going to over take a large majority of people (especially students) away from laptops.

    submitted by /u/Robob69
    [link] [comments]

    iPad Pro Photo Editing

    Posted: 23 Jul 2019 05:36 PM PDT

    My wife is a hobbyist photographer, mostly pics of our kids, animals or for friends. We have a 2013 27" iMac she's using PS on for editing. It works good but it's starting to slow down.

    I've wanted to get an 11" iPad Pro and curious if my wife could also use it for editing. Thinking of using Affinity instead of PS, she's planning on transitioning to Affinity next month anyways.

    Has anyone done this, what's their experience? Is the pencil truly useful and worthwhile for editing or more of a gimmick?

    submitted by /u/hmmnomaybe
    [link] [comments]

    For those who still have old iPads lying around

    Posted: 23 Jul 2019 03:59 PM PDT

    Looking for an app to stream my ipad to a website.

    Posted: 23 Jul 2019 03:35 PM PDT

    I'm a teacher and am looking to be able to stream my ipad screen (as i write notes and lecture etc.) to a website where my students (who are at the back of the class) can see them. I have mirroring to a screen, but occasionally it is not enough.

    Anyone know where I can find something to stream my ipad screen?

    submitted by /u/paqogomez
    [link] [comments]

    For iPad Bookies like myself:

    Posted: 23 Jul 2019 03:57 PM PDT

    The newer iPads (maybe 4 and up) don't seem to allow books in the "Bulk PDF" Folder to disappear once put into a collection folder. Very frustrating when you have a ton of books and not sure which is categorized or not. Doubting there is a solution to this but just thought I would put it out there.

    submitted by /u/The-Primes
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel