• Breaking News

    Thursday, July 18, 2019

    iPad My iPadOS setup at work. Love the beta so far!

    iPad My iPadOS setup at work. Love the beta so far!


    My iPadOS setup at work. Love the beta so far!

    Posted: 18 Jul 2019 08:22 AM PDT

    Just upgrade my iPad for the first time in 5 years and I can’t believe how advanced the hardware has gotten now, the performance and the display are absolutely insane and out of this world. iPad OS is glitchy but usable btw

    Posted: 18 Jul 2019 10:33 AM PDT

    Just got my ipad pro 12.9 last week and i'm really enjoying it.

    Posted: 17 Jul 2019 05:43 PM PDT

    My mobile setup

    Posted: 17 Jul 2019 04:39 PM PDT

    iPadOS Beta 4, still no Magic Mouse 2 support

    Posted: 18 Jul 2019 11:03 AM PDT

    Strange that every other bluetooth mouse in the world will instantly connect except Apple's very own.

    submitted by /u/Zimmy68
    [link] [comments]

    iPad OS Public Beta 3 is out

    Posted: 18 Jul 2019 10:27 AM PDT

    Thanks to iOS 13 beta 4! I can edit videos from my sd card using the iPad pro 10.5"

    Posted: 17 Jul 2019 07:38 PM PDT

    Ringke Laptop Stand is my perfect drawing stand with the Smart Keyboard on the iPad Pro 11”!

    Posted: 18 Jul 2019 11:31 AM PDT

    Procreate.

    Posted: 18 Jul 2019 10:03 AM PDT

    Unblock iPad 4th Gen?

    Posted: 18 Jul 2019 07:41 AM PDT

    So I've never even held an Apple device before, but a friend of mine just gave me an iPad he got from a neighbour whose husband died (genuinely, not stolen!!!).

    It's obviously locked with his id and she didn't know the password. Is there any way the device can be reset? I'm assuming not, because that's security for you, but just wondered if there's any way I can make use of the device?

    submitted by /u/southpawpete
    [link] [comments]

    Concerned with the future of the iPad as a tablet

    Posted: 18 Jul 2019 01:31 PM PDT

    Most people are giving iPadOS glowing reviews. I want to offer another perspective.

    I have a surface pro 2017 - its a device that tries to do everything at once - combine a touch screen tablet with a laptop. It ends up being a trash tablet. The touch screen experience is terrible and the pen is laggy, jittery and offset and very uncomfortable in the hand (it causes me to experience flare ups of carpal tunnel - the apple pencil does not). There is a lack luster app environment in the Microsoft store as app developers have no desire to figure out how to develop and optimize apps for both the keyboard and the touch screen. This leaves us with OneNote for note-taking and it is a garbage app because its clunky, has poor response to writing and its pdf import/export is total bollocks. Another issue is that some sites are unusable with touch - for example, I use google docs/sheets for some of my classes for medical school and when I need to present in class - I cannot use the surface as a tablet because even in Edge I cannot scroll through my document.

    This brings me to iPad and iPadOS - if the new developments are any indication - Apple is moving in the same direction Microsoft is - trying to make the iPad into a 2-in-1, where it will either be trash at both functions or at one of them. The movement away from a mobile OS seems like some apps may stop being developed (I love the Google sheets/docs app on iOS - its responsive and works well) and the iPad will stop being what made it great (an exceptional tablet experience).

    Let me know what you guys think or if you have anything more to add.

    submitted by /u/IAmTruthIAmSalvation
    [link] [comments]

    How does safari know when to open a link in new tab or current tab in iPadOS?

    Posted: 18 Jul 2019 01:24 PM PDT

    How does safari know when to open a link in new tab or current tab in iPadOS?

    like in screenshot, there is only open option, no open in a new tab...How does safari know when to open a link in new tab or current tab in iPadOS? from what I tested, it is kinda random when trying to open link in a new tab...or this is a bug...?

    my iPad is running the latest pub beta.

    https://i.redd.it/1h278e0if4b31.png

    submitted by /u/m1xed0s
    [link] [comments]

    iPad Pro Battery Health

    Posted: 18 Jul 2019 01:17 PM PDT

    Was just wondering what people thought of coconutBattery, and if they put any worth into how accurate it is. I have an iPad Pro 10.5 with cellular that seems to be draining battery significantly faster lately. Minimal use of notability and youtube (I have been checking battery usage), and coconutBattery has the battery health at 78%. Thoughts on replacing battery/unit for $99?

    submitted by /u/itsconsenual
    [link] [comments]

    iPadOS 13 with 2TB or greater external drives

    Posted: 18 Jul 2019 12:42 PM PDT

    So I've so far been unable to connect any of my 2 TB external drives to my iPad Pro 9.7 with the iPadOS 13 public beta. Has anyone else had this problem or had success in this area?

    My setup: iPad Pro 9.7, Apple USB 3 Camera Connection kit, with Lightning port connected to 12W Apple Power Adapter.

    My 1TB Samsung T5 works. Thumb drives work. But neither my 2TB Sandisk Extreme SSD nor my 2TB WD MyPassPort Slim register.

    I've submitted Feedback to Apple. It says the issue is open and 10 others have reported something similar. So I'm definitely not alone. Just curious if anyone out there has any more experience or info on the subject.

    submitted by /u/hikingwithcamera
    [link] [comments]

    I need one like that for my “lightning SD Card Reader adapter” to use it with my new iPad Pro 2018. Apple don’t sell, right? So I finded this on eBay. Do you think that will works?

    Posted: 18 Jul 2019 08:45 AM PDT

    Is it worth spending to repair my iPad Air 2

    Posted: 18 Jul 2019 11:50 AM PDT

    I got a 128 gig Air 2 of the Christmas of 2014. So far I have gotten a lot of use out of it so far. But one night about 3 years ago, It had fallen (by means of my asshole cats) on to the floor in the middle of the night and I had stepped on it. To my dismay i found it slightly bent, cracked to hell and back, and the touchscreen went haywire. Since then it has sat. Rediscovered it about a year ago and since the touchscreen bit has shit it's pants, it's unusable unless I were to get it fixed.

    submitted by /u/Arewand463
    [link] [comments]

    iPad Pro 12.9 (2017) Smart Keyboard not connecting 9 times out of 10

    Posted: 18 Jul 2019 11:41 AM PDT

    I recently purchased a Smart Keyboard for my 12.9 Pro, but it only connects successfully about 1 in 10 times i put it on. I've read that this is a common issue, but it is incredibly tedious to take the keyboard off and on again over and over before it connects. It eventually works fine but it is so finicky, especially so for the price. Has anyone fixed this issue? Should I bother going into the Apple Store?

    submitted by /u/Spheniscidae14
    [link] [comments]

    Zagg slim book go keyboard

    Posted: 18 Jul 2019 11:31 AM PDT

    Has anyone used the Zagg slim book go keyboard case? How is the typing? Advantages for me: detachable, adjustable angle, backlight, not too big

    submitted by /u/Drikke9
    [link] [comments]

    Looking to buy an ipad

    Posted: 18 Jul 2019 07:28 AM PDT

    I am looking to buy an ipad (6th gen) for school. What are the pros and cons of using it for school instead of a laptop?

    submitted by /u/isakio
    [link] [comments]

    Future of Working Copy with iOS 13

    Posted: 18 Jul 2019 10:44 AM PDT

    I've been trying out iOS 13 on my ipad, and I think this is getting really close to something that will mirror the functionality I have on my full dev machine. Working copy is excellent as a git client, but it isn't quite a full editor (which help a lot), nor should it be.

    With the new files functionality of iOS 13, what do you think we can expect for interoperability between working copy and other code editors like Coda, Textastic, etc? It would be ideal if I could switch to a branch in working copy, go edit the entire file structure and have multiple tabbed files open in the editor, move over to terminal to mess around a bit, then go back to working copy and commit changes made from the code editor. Do you think we will see this kind of functionality soon after the iOS 13 release? I would really love to move over to my ipad as my primary working device, and this seems like it could be the ideal way to do it.

    submitted by /u/adepssimius
    [link] [comments]

    Any iPad reddit apps with widget support?

    Posted: 18 Jul 2019 09:05 AM PDT

    Hi all,

    I have a Reddit app on my android phone that has widgets, and its so darn handy! Was just wondering if anyone has come across a Reddit app for iOS that has widget support? This is one huge feature I feel the iPad is really missing..

    submitted by /u/punkmilitia
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel