• Breaking News

    Monday, July 1, 2019

    Apple Watch So yesterday I start a workout on my watch...

    Apple Watch So yesterday I start a workout on my watch...


    So yesterday I start a workout on my watch...

    Posted: 30 Jun 2019 05:50 PM PDT

    I'm a 52-year-old male and I usually don't consider anything a "workout" unless the sole purpose is exercise. If I'm taking the dog for a walk, for example, I ignore the "looks like you're working out" message (I've since learned to disable that).

    Anyway, after I start the workout I begin my walk. I'm moving at a brisk pace - not my quickest but not my slowest either. About 15 minutes in I'm about to start on my first steep hill. I glance at my watch because I want to see my heart rate before and after the hill. 120. Good, elevated but not too high. At the top of the hill I'm a little shorter of breath but not bad. I check my watch again. 130. Again, good. Now I'm on a level area (even slightly downhill) and before I start on the next (shallower) hill I check again to see what kind of recovery I have. 137. That's a little concerning. Why is it higher after I've been walking an easy part for a few minutes? Well, I figure that maybe I'm a little fatigued. Whatever. Still not bad. Finish the shallow hill and check again just before it moves into a steeper hill. 145. OK, this is really a bit concerning. I slow my pace to allow myself to recover as I walk up the steeper part. I'm almost at the top and I check again. 165. Ouch! I slow down to a shuffle and check a couple of minutes later. Surely I'm recovering now! 170!! Now I'm just getting worried that I might not be able to hit the SOS button before the heart attack hits!

    It was at that moment that I realized I'd been looking at active calories the whole time which had, of course, been going up pretty steadily. My heart rate was 135. I chuckled and shook my head and headed for home.

    submitted by /u/Calan_adan
    [link] [comments]

    [My Watch] New California face (beta 2) with blue sports loop

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 06:19 AM PDT

    I think the Apple Link Bracelet looks amazing on an aluminum case!

    Posted: 30 Jun 2019 11:45 AM PDT

    I know Apple’s bands are expensive and all... but man they really look and feel great to wear

    Posted: 30 Jun 2019 11:48 PM PDT

    Series 3 Stuck on Apple Logo? HELP!!!

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 05:47 AM PDT

    Anyone have any advice on what to do? I tried force resetting it to no avail. I also tried unpairing it but it won't get past the apple logo.

    submitted by /u/throw-away25
    [link] [comments]

    [MY WATCH] Just wanna share my current lineup with you

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 05:47 AM PDT

    [MY WATCH] Just wanna share my current lineup with you

    Changing bands every few days. The combo with color-matching watch faces really enchantes me guys.

    https://i.redd.it/8vtr47pmuo731.jpg

    submitted by /u/aDifferentRoom74
    [link] [comments]

    Bought my Apple Watch in May, Im just curious.. How many of those month awards do you guys have?

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 01:24 AM PDT

    Workout info without logging a workout?

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 08:25 AM PDT

    Buddy and I are in a calorie burn competition. I'm bigger in stature so burn more calories than him naturally. What happens if we workout without logging a workout? Like if I go for a bike ride or long walk, does it not log certain things? What are we missing? Accurate HR log? Not as accurate calories? We are just wondering. What's not logged. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/XXFirefighter
    [link] [comments]

    Impressed by battery life during workout (AW S4)

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 08:02 AM PDT

    Just a feedback for people using AW for long workouts. Yesterday I did a trail in the mountain for 7h50 and I could record everything on my AW.... and still had 15% at the end of the race! I used workoutdoors in airplane mode (series 4 44 mm).

    submitted by /u/jerjer75
    [link] [comments]

    series 3 42mm VS series 4 ?

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 07:52 AM PDT

    hi! i was wondering. appart from the price difference and maybe the appearance/ size variation, what are the other notable differences?

    i saw that the sensors and such got better with series 4. but id like to hear from people that used both? is the series 4 « so much better »?

    submitted by /u/Rafflesie
    [link] [comments]

    AWN+ Best screen protector

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 07:33 AM PDT

    I got a Nike + cellular and gps Apple Watch 4 last month and have noticed a few micro scratches and now one other small scratch. I was looking into some sort of polish that might "buff" out the scratches but if a screen protector would protect the screen and maybe hide the current scratches that would be great. Looking for brand or type recommendations. I don't want a case for it but a screen protector would work. I'll be going with the better model next time for the Sapphire crystal display.

    submitted by /u/goodguyengineer
    [link] [comments]

    Reset Fitness Calibration

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 03:20 AM PDT

    So, I've had my S3 for a little over year and I don't remember doing anything special with fitness calibration when I first got it. I work out 5-6 days a week so I rely pretty heavily on the activity info from my watch. I decided to reset it last night bc I had time to go on the 20 min outdoor walk. Well, this morning I woke up and went to the gym and I'm doing my usual workout but it's telling me I only burned 100 calories for a 30 min stair stepper workout when before resetting I was at about 250-350 for the same amount of time. I've started my weight lifting session and it tells me that with a lower heart rate and only about 15 min into the workout, I'm burning calories at almost the same rate at the stair stepper workout even though my heart rate was way higher. Do I just have to give it time to figure out my regular heart rate again? Am I suppose to re-do each workout at a moderate pace (like the brisk walk) to reset each type of workout I do? I started the stair stepper and just went more intense off the bat like I normally do.

    I've yet to wear for a full day after the reset. I'm not a fitness expert or Apple Watch expert so I'm pretty dumb when it comes to this stuff. Any help would be appreciated

    submitted by /u/eeir
    [link] [comments]

    I'm thinking of going apple just for the watch. Is it worth it to buy an iphone 7 to use with the watch over newer androids?

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 03:03 AM PDT

    Basically. My budget is 530$ for watch and phone. Here are options I put up for myself.
    xaomi mi9t + R800 galaxy watch, 530$
    Galaxy S8 + Galaxy Watch 380$
    Apple watch 4 + Iphone 7 plus 580$
    Galaxy S10e + Galaxy Watch 630$

    these are all based on used. Is Iphone 7 plus way slower then the newest phones? I like new phones have full screens...

    If you were in my option here, honestly, which would you pik here?

    an old iphone and the new applewatch
    or the newest android phones and the newest android watch?

    submitted by /u/knkkskknk
    [link] [comments]

    Custom Gif watch faces stop working.

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 06:01 AM PDT

    So, I've uploaded a few gifs to the watch that I use as my watch face. They're great, but I've noticed after a while using that gif watch face (it varies, some times it works for days, other times hours) it stops working and just displays a black screen with the time on it. The only way I've found to fix this is to delete the watch face and re make it. Has anyone else encountered this problem and know of a fix?

    submitted by /u/McDerbert
    [link] [comments]

    Got these bands at 80% off at my local Apple Store in the Philippines. (35 USD for the leather bands: Berry and Electric Blue and 11 USD for the sports loop: flash light). Very Happy with my purchase as they rarely go on sale.

    Posted: 30 Jun 2019 08:54 AM PDT

    Is slight chipping normal for the S4?

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 02:49 AM PDT

    Apple Watch Series 3 and iOS 11

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 01:59 AM PDT

    Hi,

    I have a question, I want to buy a new apple Watch Series 3, and my iPhone is running iOS 11, and I don't want to update it, So I would like to know if I can use the apple watch Series 3 on my iPhone without updating it because on apple Webstie it's said it requires iOS 11, but it's also said that it runs on WatchOS 5, and I think that WatchOS 5 needs iOS 12, right ?

    And the Series 4 (running WatchOS 5) only works with iOS 12.

    Can you help me for this please, or isi there a way to downgarde apple Watch ? with the port under the band (That was present in 1st gen apple Watch) ?

    Thank you.

    submitted by /u/Luca03200
    [link] [comments]

    Bumpers for the Watch?

    Posted: 30 Jun 2019 09:31 PM PDT

    Thinking about getting bumpers for my S4 but don't know which one I should get. If you have any suggestion, please help out.

    submitted by /u/rcheeeng
    [link] [comments]

    Any way to remove these scratches ? (Alu 40mm series 4)

    Posted: 30 Jun 2019 10:31 AM PDT

    Sport Band Alternatives for Working Out?

    Posted: 30 Jun 2019 05:51 PM PDT

    I was just wondering if anyone uses anything other than the Sport Band / Nike Sport Band for working out?

    I'm using the Nike Sport Band, but I find the silicone material really feels uncomfortable on my skin when I start sweating.

    Any suggestions that possibly are lighter than the Sport Band? Third party bands are cool, but I'm in Canada so Amazon has slim offerings I find.

    submitted by /u/idlemoose
    [link] [comments]

    Updated and now alarms will not work

    Posted: 30 Jun 2019 11:25 PM PDT

    My Alarms no longer vibrate to wake me up after an update and i can't figure out how to fix it. I've toggled everything in 'Sounds and Haptics' and have even turned the volume up on my watch and still nothing happens. I just have a screen showing the alarm but no sound or vibration

    Does anyone know how to fix this?

    submitted by /u/bferg227
    [link] [comments]

    Apple care

    Posted: 30 Jun 2019 04:48 PM PDT

    I always buy my tech from Bestbuy and I will be doing the same for my Apple watch series 4. I thought i read somewhere that after i buy it from bestbuy i can go to the apple store and get apple care on it. Is this true. If it matters i Will be getting the Nike version and i have to order it from bestbuy because they don't have it in stock.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Storm1434
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel