• Breaking News

    Friday, July 19, 2019

    Apple TV Netflix on ATV 4K

    Apple TV Netflix on ATV 4K


    Netflix on ATV 4K

    Posted: 19 Jul 2019 12:53 AM PDT

    I'm running 12.3 of tvOS and Netflix for the longest time has always been a laggy mess. If you scroll too much it lags and becomes sluggish. Loading videos sometimes just starts a different episode than what I've choosen. I'm curious if any others are having issues at all.

    submitted by /u/dying
    [link] [comments]

    Effing captive portals!!

    Posted: 18 Jul 2019 02:36 PM PDT

    This is 2019, how in the hell can we STILL not get past captive portals with our current gen Apple TV's??? This is ridiculous! I'm at a beach condo that uses this crap. Don't have my MacBook with me so I can't do the spoof the MAC bit. I tried using my airport express but that didn't work either. I brought this thing with me so we could watch movies at night. Kinda ticked off. There is no one I can call to get the MAC added to the system to let it work. Anyone got any solutions??

    Update: turns out there is this box in the bedroom. I wasn't sure what it was. I looked at it a little when we first got here but blew it off as some random box. I looked at it and saw a few lights but didn't think much of it. Well, I looked at it more last night and turns out it is the network/cable modem (it looks like) box. There was a tiny 5-port switch at the top of it. I plugged the airport express into it and reset it and set it up again to create a new network. Now it works. It's only like 5Mbps, but it works to stream to the Apple TV. The slow speed is probably just the old ass express as the other WiFi access point here is like 150Mbps. So, this whole aggravating thing could have been avoided had I looked at little more closely at everything else in this place. LOL

    2nd update: turns out the slow speed might just be the crap speedtest app that is on the Apple TV app store. I just ran it on my iPad and it says the express is putting out like 85Mbps.

    submitted by /u/steveken
    [link] [comments]

    Idea: Apple TV as WiFi router

    Posted: 18 Jul 2019 05:06 PM PDT

    Not sure if this has been brought up before but it would be amazing if that was an option on the Apple TV. Mainly in the current revisions it would be nice if you could just use it as a WiFi booster if you had it hard lined in. But in future versions possibly the antennas inside could be upgraded (I'd be fine sacrificing a slight size upgrade of the device for this) and then the Apple TV could be used as a mesh home networking system. Eventually my house will have 4 of them and for a ~2000 sq foot house I feel like that could be more than doable.

    What are y'all's thoughts on that? Obviously just a dream but would love input on the idea!

    submitted by /u/Cuppeerr
    [link] [comments]

    When do you think the rest of the announced Apple TV channels will drop?

    Posted: 18 Jul 2019 03:46 PM PDT

    Seriously it's been a few months and we've not gotten over half of the channels announced during the March services event. Do we have an idea when we should expect them?

    submitted by /u/jgreg728
    [link] [comments]

    What happened to the newly announced “For You” section of the revamped Apple TV app?

    Posted: 18 Jul 2019 01:23 PM PDT

    This was one of the new features I was really excited about! Recommendations based on my previous viewing habits. However, it disappeared quickly and I haven't seen it since. Any insight here? Does anyone still have it?

    submitted by /u/dandaman289
    [link] [comments]

    Right side audio gets really quiet?

    Posted: 18 Jul 2019 10:55 PM PDT

    I've had an apple tv 4k for a week now and have been loving it except for times when I've watching a show and it gets really quiet all of a sudden. Particularly in Netflix and Prime Video. I have a 2.1 soundbar and have forced the apple tv to stereo audio. Which I thought fixed the issue but it seems to be coming back now, when this occurs I can go to the main menu and scrolling through apps plays the navigation sound except for when I scroll to the right most side the navigation sound just doesn't play.

    Is this something anyone else has run in to? Thinking about it, the issue may mainly come up when using Prime Video but then stays active for the rest of my watching session...

    submitted by /u/digidomo
    [link] [comments]

    Issue with 4K & Dolby Vision/Atmos playback in Apple TV app

    Posted: 19 Jul 2019 12:56 AM PDT

    I found a strange issue yesterday while trying to watch Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse.

    This movie supports 4K, Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos. When I tried to played the movie from the app "Apple TV", it played in HD and without Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos. However when I played the movie from the app "movies iTunes", it played in 4K and with Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos.

    Has anyone encountered any similar issues with the "Apple TV" app?

    submitted by /u/LordNodens
    [link] [comments]

    Pastel effect part 2 more in comments

    Posted: 18 Jul 2019 10:25 PM PDT

    Purchased movies showing Spanish covers

    Posted: 18 Jul 2019 08:36 PM PDT

    For some reason a few of my movies are showing covers for what i am assuming are the Spanish versions of the movies.

    For example 'The Corruptor' is showing as 'el corruptor'.

    My iTunes account is definitely set to the Australian store (my location).

    submitted by /u/Seven89Ten
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV iOS beta 13 PIP

    Posted: 18 Jul 2019 07:20 AM PDT

    Anyone notice how using PIP you can watch 2 shows at once within the tv app?

    submitted by /u/Basedgod1017
    [link] [comments]

    Can’t do Dolby unless I’m watching something in Dolby?

    Posted: 18 Jul 2019 06:34 PM PDT

    I know this may seem dumb but why does my Apple TV give me a prompt in the audio/video section to use Dolby (and now it does this with HDR in the new beta) and when I say yes, because I have a tv that can do Dolby it spazzes our and sends me back to SDR.

    However, with match range and frame rate on when I watch something in Dolby on Netflix or iTunes it switches easily?

    And like I said now in the new beta it doesn't even want to do HDR.

    It's clear the tv, cord, and Apple TV are capable of streaming Dolby based on my tv giving me the Dolby or HDR logo when I watch something in those formats so why does it freak out when I say ya, let's do Dolby.

    Anyone have experience with this?

    submitted by /u/FilmRedditSucks
    [link] [comments]

    Does tv OS beta help at all with YouTube TV audio sync problems?

    Posted: 18 Jul 2019 12:23 PM PDT

    Up Next rather than What to Watch in TV App

    Posted: 18 Jul 2019 06:50 AM PDT

    Seems like the latest update changed the TV App so that it now displays What to Watch rather than Up Next (assuming you have the app in your top row, so that a preview is shown) is anyone aware of a way to change this back. I am guessing that Apple wants us to go through TV App for everything and I don't want to do that (my preference is to go through the home screen).

    submitted by /u/Arsenio3
    [link] [comments]

    Can I play rented 4k movies from itunes or netflix and play in 4k on a 4k monitor with only the regular apple tv 4th gen?

    Posted: 18 Jul 2019 04:14 PM PDT

    Bought a Philips 55OLED903. Already have an AppleTV 4th gen (not 4k). HDMI-cable is 4k ready.

    So practically everything tells me I should be able to stream in 4k besides the fact that the Apple TV is not 4k. Googling this only netted me some reviews from cnet and other nonsense.

    submitted by /u/ItsBLOOIE
    [link] [comments]

    just updated the beta on my Apple TV and it’s auto playing iTunes purchases.. it’s back?

    Posted: 18 Jul 2019 03:13 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel