• Breaking News

    Sunday, July 21, 2019

    Apple Macbook Mac OS

    Apple Macbook Mac OS


    Mac OS

    Posted: 20 Jul 2019 05:53 PM PDT

    so I've just gotten myself a MacBook Air, Im completely new to the Mac OS. So if anyone has any tips on how to fully sync it to my other devices or a few of the really confusing commands that would be great.

    submitted by /u/Fritzlebeats1
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Pro 13" 2019 battery drain?

    Posted: 20 Jul 2019 11:36 PM PDT

    Hi, I'm fairly new to the MacOS and I've just recently bought this new laptop (just two days old). I'm not sure if this is a serious battery drain or if it is normal, but when shutting down my laptop at night and turning it back on at night I lose around 3-5% of battery and I've just charged my laptop from 27% to 99% and put my computer to sleep (I just put the lid down), and 3 hours later 30% of my battery is depleted. Is there something wrong with my battery or is it normal to lose this much? I've also noticed just browsing safari on average loses about 1% every 5-10 minutes and that sounds somewhat reasonable.

    submitted by /u/AuroraPrimeHD
    [link] [comments]

    Rattling/knocking noise coming inside 12” MacBook (2017)

    Posted: 20 Jul 2019 11:15 PM PDT

    My little sister bought a 12" MacBook 2017 on sale, and when she unboxed it, it had a rattling/knocking noise coming from inside. So we went back to the store (JB HIFI AU) and got it replaced. And when we got back home and unbox the replaced and BRAND NEW MacBook 12" (2017), there's the rattling noise again. I am just wondering if this is normal or not for MacBook 12-inch 2017 model? We are going to Apple to try and get it fix, and hopefully with no extra cost (under warranty?)

    Video link is not mine but showing as reference as this is what it sounds like and similar to my sister's brand new Mac; https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=g9jhECWzDgU

    submitted by /u/marieeejaneee
    [link] [comments]

    Which is better

    Posted: 20 Jul 2019 11:04 PM PDT

    I going to buy a new MacBook Pro, I don't which of this choice is better

    15 inch first basic model (7i , 16 gb ram , 256 ssd)

    or

    15 inch second basic model (9i 2.3ghz , 16gb ram , 512 ssd)

    or

    15 inch basic model (7i ,256 ssd) + 32 gb ram

    or

    You can give me recommendations

    My situation :

    I am a mobile developer(iOS and Android), I do some Python(Django and some data science for personal projects)

    This Mac will be my working computer? Yes

    This will be my first macbook ? No , I have a MacBook Air(2014, basic model) and Pro no Touch Bar (2017 , basic model)

    Why I change my Macbook Pro so quickly? Because the pro(2017) sometimes heat up really quickly , on a normal day this happen 4 o 5 times , when I bought it I my workflow was so much different

    Which programs I going to use on a normal day? I use 2 Xcode(beta version and stable), Android Studio , Sublime(5-10 tabs) , Safari/10-15Tabs , Slack, Figma, iTunes , Message, Franz, 5 tabs on iTerm(some for connections to servers) and a few more programs, I don't made virtualization for mobile development because I have a XR and S10+... but now in work we are going to star developing for tvOS

    How much space I using on my Mac right now ? 80gb , I don't have any multimedia files on my Mac, but i think i going to use more for the projects, 8 moths ago I used 50gb, when i stared working is when began to ingrease

    How much time I want to keep my Mac ? I want at least for 5-7 years

    Now I can't really use my Mac for working, the company give me a Mac mini (5i , 16gb ram), but it also heat up and also I can't take the computer to my house

    Is there a limit in the money ? 3700 dollars but if i spend least would be better (so much better, in my country this is a lot a money) also this is the last time i can use my student discount , i just had finish the school

    Where is going to be buy the computer? In the United States , I have a friend who is going to travel the next Friday

    i really hope you can help me , because the investment that I will make with the laptop this time is very important, since it will be my work tool

    *Sorry if i made a grammar mistake , my english is not the best when i write

    submitted by /u/cabaro21
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Air lid ruined

    Posted: 20 Jul 2019 06:32 AM PDT

    Macbook Air lid ruined

    I don't know what happened to my baby (I think my gf put something on it, I don't know what), but somehow it managed to ruin my lid like this:

    circle of death

    I've tried a few products, water, different kinds of cleaning cloths, but that circle stays there. Any advice/idea? How less do you think they're gonna give me because of it if I try to go for the Apple trade in program?

    submitted by /u/sirlupash
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Air screen goes off by itself(intermittently) and light won’t turn on

    Posted: 20 Jul 2019 02:00 PM PDT

    Hello, I have a MacBook Air 2015( only bought it in 2017 from Best Buy) and in the last few weeks it has had a weird behaviour. While working the screen randomly goes off. I can see some writing on the screen but it is so dim that I can't see properly. I tried resetting it but that only worked for about a week. Now I am having to deal with it again. I have tried everything that I can think of but it just doesn't work. If anyone has had to deal with a similar situation, I would be glad to hear how you solved it.

    bonus points if you can help me figure out why some of my keys randomly stop working.

    submitted by /u/del57748
    [link] [comments]

    Best big portable charger?

    Posted: 20 Jul 2019 05:31 PM PDT

    I'll be using it for college and charging a few devices such as MacBook, iPhone etc. Looking for like 25,000+ mAh, doesn't need to be super portable, as I plan to have it in a backpack.

    submitted by /u/Ddollar00
    [link] [comments]

    How to delete final cut pro library?

    Posted: 20 Jul 2019 05:28 PM PDT

    My MacBook (newest model) has less than a gb of space and is so slow I am unable to complete tasks (b sides the internet). I have tried opening finalcut, but due to it closing the library my options are to open a new one or open the library I want to delete. if I try either option the pinwheel loading sign pops up and takes so long I doubt it will work. I tried deleting the library through the manage space option but that too is incredibly slow. I even tried opening finder and dragging the library into the trash but that won't work either.

    What should I do?

    submitted by /u/sydney612
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Pro 2017 trackpad lifting up

    Posted: 20 Jul 2019 04:52 PM PDT

    I went in the other room to turn on the oven to make a pizza and when I came back to my room, I pressed down on the trackpad to click and it went like chhhnk down into the computer and nothing happened. Then I noticed that the top of the trackpad had basically come off and was lifting up as if it had come unglued or something.

    I called a couple places and they believe it's a common problem that has to do with the battery swelling. But because the batteries in the newer models are friggin glued on, one person told me it could cost almost as much as a new laptop to get it replaced.

    I have an appointment at the Mac store this Tuesday, but has anyone here dealt with this problem before? Apparently it's pretty common. But I can't find anything on the internet about it because the macbook is a 2017. That's still pretty new, but not new enough to be under warranty.

    submitted by /u/daggereyes
    [link] [comments]

    2017 Macbook Air case

    Posted: 20 Jul 2019 02:17 PM PDT

    Does anyone have any recommendations on cases/sleeves for a 2017 macbook air? I recently purchased the Thule Gauntlet 3.0 13" case but it doesn't fit my 2017 13" macbook air. I looked further into the details of the case when I realized it did not fit and it turns out it fits a 2018 13" macbook air (which is like 0.2cm smaller). I want a case like this but cannot find anything. Thanks

    submitted by /u/picklelover16
    [link] [comments]

    Can you upgrade the SSD in the new 2019 MacBook Pro’s?

    Posted: 20 Jul 2019 12:48 PM PDT

    As my title states, I know last years model could but I'm trying to see if I can save some money, get the 128gb and then upgrade later. Splurge more on memory for now.

    submitted by /u/intelligentx5
    [link] [comments]

    MBP 2019 256 vs 512 SSD

    Posted: 20 Jul 2019 12:27 PM PDT

    I am trying to decide if I should get 256GB or 512GB SSD in a 2019 MBP 16GB Ram base model. My current 2013 model has 165GB free space still. I'm leaning towards 256, but 512 would be nice to have. However, it seems that once you go 512 SSD the MacBooks become a poor value. I have 35GB of music stored on my current model, and plan to keep this new purchase for 4-5 years. Which model did you guys go with and why? Thanks

    submitted by /u/IDubCityI
    [link] [comments]

    Is the latest MacBook Air worth it in high school?

    Posted: 20 Jul 2019 10:03 AM PDT

    I am a junior in high school and am taking very rigorous courses (4 AP courses and 2 Honors courses). I am going to be doing a lot of work in the coming year, and was wondering if purchasing a MacBook Air would benefit me with my work over a Windows laptop, since I am an iPhone user.

    submitted by /u/akhansa
    [link] [comments]

    Is the 2019 MacBook Pro worth it?

    Posted: 20 Jul 2019 01:02 AM PDT

    I'm thinking of trading in my Lenovo for a 2019 MacBook Pro 13 inch with Touch Bar. Worth it?

    submitted by /u/AtariAtake
    [link] [comments]

    (Question/Help) Thinking of buying my first MacBook and would like some advice

    Posted: 20 Jul 2019 01:19 AM PDT

    So, I've been a PC user all my life. My current HP laptop is about 2.5 years old (Intel i7-6500 @ 2.5GHz, 12GB ram, along with an Nvidia GeForce card). I'd be keeping it for gaming after paring down a bunch of programs and such.

    So I'm considering finally switching over to Mac. I'm debating going back to school and doing accounting, and therefore taking advantage of the BTS deal.

    I'm not sure if I should go with the MBA w 8 GB of Ram, the 256 SSD or the MBP w 8 GB of Ram and the 256 SSD. (I've got 13 years of iTunes music that I'd need to transfer over so I can sync my phone [yes I still plug my phone into my computer for backing up and syncing])

    The main thing is the $200 difference. I'd be selling the Beats I get and using the funds towards paying off the monthly financing (I can't afford to drop $1300-$1500 all at once) since I'm guessing I can't tell Apple "just put the cost of the Beats as a credit towards the laptop". The difference would be about $12 a month over the 18 months if I add it up to be paid off entirely by the end of the financing period. If I'm only going to be doing browsing/email/YouTube watching/maybe accounting homework, is the Pro really worth dropping an extra 200 on or would I be fine with the Air? I'm leaning Air because I'm not sure that I need the Pro's power. I don't use iTunes unless I'm syncing my phone and I'd switch off of Chrome entirely if I did switch (currently thinking of going to Firefox on my PC)

    submitted by /u/Hazzardous421
    [link] [comments]

    2017 or 2019 macbook?

    Posted: 20 Jul 2019 07:04 AM PDT

    It feels like this question has an obvious answer but, I have my reasons :).

    I have the opportunity to upgrade my MacBook at work but, I'm wondering if it's worth it? Keyboard criticism aside (it doesn't bother me that much), both are i7 processors, 256gb hdd.

    I noticed that my 2017 MacBook has a dedicated Radeon graphic card but, the newer 2019 one just has Intel UHD graphics.

    Although, the 2019 MacBook has 4gb DDR4 Whereas my 2017 has 4gb LDDR3 (?? Something like that, I'm working from memory).

    My work is graphic design, working with adobe creative suite and other graphic applications.

    So, I guess, what I'm asking, which means more - a dedicated graphics card or DDR4?

    Any advice is much appreciated.

    Edit:

    Mytech knowledge may have failed me in the above description, so I've managed to screen shot the specs from my onedrive

    My Mac = https://1drv.ms/u/s!AryBYSUauso7g7oAm62cuY0OcEx7_w?e=1yAwYa

    The New Mac = https://1drv.ms/u/s!AryBYSUauso7g7wHkfYfg_GYBie0pA?e=7CiWzc

    submitted by /u/Poppyseed81
    [link] [comments]

    Sharing macbook screen with iphone

    Posted: 20 Jul 2019 03:53 AM PDT

    Hi guys

    I just bought a new macbook air for the first time. I needed to share my screen with an other person using the Iphone. Does anyone of you know how we can share Macbook screen with another person who has an iPhone?

    thanks

    submitted by /u/Syed86
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Air tweak

    Posted: 20 Jul 2019 02:17 AM PDT

    If you have a MacBook Air 2018, there is small chance that your keyboard can feel softer than it is now. After doing this method I found the keyboard on my MacBook Air feels softer. So you press an alphabet for example on the Z, press it with force, and as you're pressing it you want to go around the edges of the key. You want to "flatten" the key and make it go deeper inside the chassis. After doing this and check if your keyboard feels softer, if it hasn't then keep doing it and your keyboard should feel softer and much quieter to type. That's just a little tip from me hope it works for you. Thank you

    submitted by /u/yourney18
    [link] [comments]

    [TIP] Don't keep your Macbook (Pro) plugged in 24/7 and never have it completely shut down. Your battery will end up like mine!

    Posted: 20 Jul 2019 12:55 AM PDT

    Why are you doing this Apple ?

    Posted: 20 Jul 2019 12:02 AM PDT

    NVMw SSD in external enclosure connected with glorious Apple cable, why are you doing this ? Benchmark

    Not even it stink like crap, not even it has some wierd nasty feeling, not even I returned first because I thought it's a fake, not even it's super hard and bigger then original, now also this ? Now I now where 2/3 of connectors went.

    This crap was 25€ with premium brand company signet on the box.

    submitted by /u/Neathiel
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel